Philemon(Greek) - Philippians 1:2 -loving; who kisses. Amariah (Hebrew) - 1 Chronicles 24:23 - the Lord says; the integrity of the Lord. It is pronounced as jah-zeel. Elkanah(Hebrew) - Exodus 6:24 -God the zealous; the zeal of God. American novelist Nathaniel Hawthorne has created several enduring works of literature, including The Scarlet Letter and The House of the Seven Gables. He was arrested and posted bail. See additional information. Our website services, content and products are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Haman (Hebrew) -Esther 10:7 - mother; fear of them; alone, solitary. Zedekiah God is Righteousness Josiah God will save Amal Clooney, a female lawyer, is married to actor George Clooney. Ananias (Greek, from Hebrew) - Acts 5:1 - the cloud of the Lord. Samson(Hebrew) - Judges 13:24 -his sun; his service; there the second time. RELATED: 50 Best Baby Names That Start With J. Reply. Reuel Friend of God Gabriel is a Hebrew name that means God is my strength. In the past 100 years, it has only placed on the top 1,000 names list for boys 9 times. Abijah (Hebrew) - 1 Chronicles 7:8 - the Lord is my father. Jesus God is Salvation Always seek the advice of your physician or qualified health provider. But perhaps the most famous of all is Sir Isaac Newton, regarded as one of the top scientists in history. Getting Pregnant . Simon God has Heard Isaac is a name that evokes joy, surprise, and promise. Tobias God is Good A Latin name, Mark means dedicated to Mars. Elio is also currently popular in France, ranking in the Top 250. Abby My father's delight. Matthias, one of the twelve apostles, was brought in the apostle brotherhood to replace Judas. Jeremiah(Hebrew) - 2 Chronicles 36:12 -exaltation of the Lord. Mary Fairchild is a full-time Christian minister, writer, and editor of two Christian anthologies, including "Stories of Calvary. The month of August was named after the Emperor Augustus. Kerioth (Hebrew) - Jeremiah 48:24 - the cities; the callings. Paul(Latin) - Acts 13:9 -small; little. Ethan has spent much of the last 20 years in the top 10 most popular names in the U.S. Abbott Father. Abraham - Father of Nations. Joseph(Hebrew) - Genesis 30:24 -increase; addition. Zuriel The Lord is my Rock. Teman Person from Yemen (South) Addison - Son of Adam. Zebediah. Elihu He is my god Asher or Aser: Meaning "blessed" or "miracle". The youngest and most loved son of Jacob is Benjamin. One of the tales of the Bible that most captures the imagination of children is Jonah and the whale. Aaron: A man with a mountain of strength, one who brings light in other's lives. Hosea(Hebrew) - Hosea 1:1 -savior; safety. Have you fallen in love with any of these boys names from the Bible? Retrieved from https://www.learnreligions.com/christian-baby-boy-names-700280. Stevens had a permanent limp, resulting from being born with a club foot. One of the founding fathers of the U.S., Benjamin Franklin was well known as an inventor, politician, humorist, and printer, among other things. Caroline is a psychologist whos been a researcher and is now a full-time counsellor and blogger. RELATED: The 50 Most Popular Baby Names Of All Time (And What They Actually Mean). Atticus derives from the Greek Attikos, meaning "from Attica," the Ancient Greek region that contained Athens. Paul is a name that has appealed to parents from generation to generation. Issachar(Hebrew) - Genesis 30:18 -reward; recompense. Boy names that begin with a vowel are not so popular as girl names, but they are more common today, for instance Andrew, Ethan, Anthony . Ronda Rousey Reveals The Gender Of Her First Child. Nora Ephron was an American filmmaker who wrote the monstrous hits When Harry Met Sally and Sleepless in Seattle. Stemming from the Hebrew name Yosef, Joseph means addition or increase. From morning sickness to heartburn mothers feel these symptoms day to day when preparing to have a baby. Baby boys are a Gods gift even though all of the grossness that might come with them such as playing around with dirt or eating food off the floor we still continue to love every bit of it. Here is a list of cute, feminine, strong, traditional . Bob. The most famous Kenan is undoubtedly actor Kenan Thompson. Hebrew names often had familiar, easy-to-understand meanings. For that reason I don't necessarily mind . Discover the current top 5 Letters Boy Names and learn the meaning of these trendy Baby Names sort by Letter count. Kamon (Latin) - Judges 10:5 - his resurrection. Seth(Hebrew) - Genesis 4:25 -put; who puts; fixed. "The Weekend," Canadian singer whose given name is Abel. If you choose a strong, masculine name or a non-gender one, a name is a title that matters. Samson used all his remaining strength to defeat the Philistines and their ruler, but he died in the process. And, Benjamin means Son of the right hand. Joel is a Hebrew name that means the lord is God. Amos. Its a versatile name, lending itself to the nicknames of Andy and Drew. Of Greek origin, Theophilus means loved by God. In this story, Jonah is swallowed by a giant fish, often called a whale, and three days later is vomited out of the fish, alive and well. Stemming from Hebrew roots, Azriel means God is my help. alyssaallen. James, which comes from a Hebrew origin, means supplanter. Help !! Aadam: Here is a common Christian baby boy names that you must have heard often. Girls. But one of the most beloved of his tales is how he killed the powerful Goliath. If youre looking for a holy or divine name for your baby boy, the Bible contains many options, some of which have held up well in the centuries since it was written. Uri is a Hebrew name that means God is my light. This is a very popular Ethiopian boy name as the name belongs to the founding father of the Jews. In some churches, including Roman Catholic churches, Matthew is considered a saint. Reuben(Hebrew) - Genesis 29:32 -who sees the son; the vision of the son. Extremely shy, Hawthorne was quiet in social circles. Silas stems from the Latin name Silvanus, and it means forest or wood. Aaron Mountain of strength. John(Hebrew) - Matthew 3:1 -the grace or mercy of the Lord. Zephaniah God Has Hidden Neriah: This beautiful biblical name means "light" or "lamp of the Lord," and can be used as either a baby boy or girl name. Emmanuel is a name that shows up in the Book of Isaiah. 3) George. John God is Gracious Amos is another great name for people of faith. Aran Wild Goat or Forest Biblical baby boy names have stood the test of time, remaining high in the charts among the most popular boy names. Jason(Hebrew) - Acts 17:5 -he that cures. A Hebrew name, Gomer means complete, but as an English name, it means famous and good. Elizabeth: This classic name has zoomed past favorites like Hannah and Sarah to reach the top ten. Gamaliel God is my reward Jared Descent Mosie makes an adorable nickname for a girl, too. Jonah(Hebrew) - Jonah 1:1 -a dove; he that oppresses; destroyer. Dor Generation Adam and his wife, Eve, were kicked out of the Garden of Eden because they ate fruit from the Knowledge of Good and Evil tree. Felix (Latin) - Acts 23:24 - blessed; merry; fortunate; good; pleasant, desirable, happy. Rabbinical scholars claim that the Asherites lived up to this meaning, as they had the most oil, wisdom, and male children compared to the other tribes. Some of the names are given with a proposed etymological meaning. 2. Baruch (Hebrew) - Nehemiah. Brook. For boys all I can find is Owen, Emmett and Elijah ! Aaliyah - To ascend; rising, ascending. It means victory or victorious. Eliakim God Rises Easton M.A., D.D., Illustrated Bible Dictionary, Third Edition, published by Thomas Nelson, 1897, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_biblical_names_starting_with_A&oldid=1129722821, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 26 December 2022, at 20:48. RELATED: 32 Royalty-Inspired Baby Names For Your New Son Or Daughter. Aiden is a Celtic name that represents the god of sun and fire. Titus(Latin) - 2 Corinthians 2:13 -pleasing. You will find unique and modern-sounding names, as well as the traditional names of the prophets and disciples. Onesimus(Latin) - Colossians 4:9 -profitable; useful. Choosing your babys name is one of the most special parts of pregnancy, and of welcoming your new little addition to the family. 100 Exotic Baby Girl Names (With Meanings), 100 Exotic Boy Names (For a Special & Unique Child), 100 Biblical Girl Baby Names (For a Christian Family), 100 French Boy Names for Your Sophisticated Young Man, 100 Victorian Boy Names (For Modern or Classic Vibes), 100 Victorian Girl Names (To Bring Tradition Back), 101 Korean Boy Names (With Meanings You Will Love), 100 Italian Baby Boy Names (With Meanings), 100 Beautiful African Boy Names (With Meanings & Origins), 100 Girl Names Considered Sexy, Sultry, and Seductive, 100 Cute Baby Boy Names (for the Cutest Boys Around), 100 Classic Old Fashioned Girl Names (With Meanings), 100 Manga and Anime Female Names (For Your Newest Addition), 100 Fabulous Old-Fashioned Names for Boys, 100 Strong Irish Boy Names (With Cool Meanings), 100 Powerful Jewish Boy Names for Your Little Warrior, 100 Powerful Native American Boy Names (& Meanings). Malachi Messenger of God Amos is another great name for people of faith. Isaiah(Hebrew) - 2 Kings 19:2 -the salvation of the Lord. Julius Youthful, Downy Micah Hyde, a football player with the Buffalo Bills, showed talent at a young age. A name of Hebrew origin, Malachi means messenger of God. The opening lyrics of the song are Jeremiah was a bullfrog. The song became a monstrous hit in 1971. Uriah God is my Light Immortal. However, it is a good thing to think about names that you will love for the rest of your life because the name of your child will affect both of your lives in the long run. These names are growing the most in popularity. A Hebrew name, Daniel means God is my judge. Zion is pronounced ZYE-on, and it wasnt a person in the Bible, but a place. A Hebrew name, Javan comes from the word yavan and means Greece. Jadiel one who will judge Mark(Latin) - Acts 12:12 -polite; shining. Its also viewed as another name for God and is sometimes seen as Immanuel. Adlai God is just Gershon(Hebrew) - Genesis 46:11 -his banishment; the change of pilgrimage. Ira Watchful There have been many famous men named Isaac throughout history, including writer Isaac Asimov, singer Isaac Hanson, and singer Isaac Hayes. Abednego - Servant of Nego. Elisha(Hebrew) - 1 Kings 19:16 -salvation of God. It is possibly derived from Latin gaudere "to rejoice", though it may be of unknown Etruscan origin.This was a very common Roman praenomen, the most famous bearers being Gaius Julius Caesar, the great leader of the Roman Republic, and his adopted son Gaius Octavius (later known as Augustus . That gives him the distinction of being listed as the second oldest person in the Hebrew Bible. Eden Paradise Jack William. Meaning: Breath, Vapor. Aden : A handsome young man. Jesse and his brother, Frank, became famous and feared robbers throughout the Midwest. Joshua God is My Salvation Obadiah is a Hebrew name that means servant of God. 2) Oliver. Eliel God, My God Asher Blessed, Happy Thomas(Aramaic) - Matthew 10:3 -a twin. Basic gk questions for kids between the age of 4-12 years! Jesse(Hebrew) - 1 Samuel 16:1 -gift; oblation; one who is. He plays a short, but mighty role in the Old Testament. Ishmael(Hebrew) - Genesis 16:11 -God that hears. Uriel God is my Light 2023byTango Publishing Corporation All Rights Reserved. Although it temporarily fell out of favor as a boys name in the late 1960s, Isaiah has been in the top 100 since the mid-1990s. Paul Humble, Small Aapeli Breathing. I had a few names in mind when I had my babies and after they were born, I narrowed them down, add a few names that friends and family suggest, and then finally decide on the one all of us like the best! @kash94, We are naming our baby girl Isla pronounced like island. Yotam God is Upright With roots in English and Greek, Stephen, which is also sometimes seen as Stephan, means wreath or crown. Coming from Hebrew, Greek, and German origins, Matthias also means gift of God. Cain (Hebrew) - Genesis 4:1 - possession, or possessed. Bear (Old French/German) Strong and brave. Abraham is honored as an important figure in three popular faiths worldwide Christianity, Islam, and Judaism. Here is a list of all of my favorite unique Biblical boy names for your baby boy: Related:105+ Middle Names for Levi Youll Absolutely Adore. Brent. The official data for 2022 names is not out yet. He has been a Pro Bowl selection three times. This Hebrew name means man from the red earth. Kemuel (Hebrew) - Genesis 22:21 - God hath raised up. Elijah My God is Yahweh Nicodemus Victory of the People Many famous men are named Mark, including actors Mark Wahlberg, Mark Hamill, Mark Harmon, and Mark Ruffalo, Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg, and iconic writer Mark Twain. Some names enjoy brief but immense popularity before falling out of fashion. Neriah Lamp of God So glad you're here! Adopted by the lowland Scots by the seventeenth century, the name didn't become popular outside Scotland and Ireland until the twentieth century. Noah Rest, Peace Coming from the Persian name Dariush, Darius means rich and kingly or he possesses. Jonah, from the Jonah and the whale tale, is also sometimes known as Jonas. Achaz; Origin: Hebrew Meaning: God's way of life. Asher is a Hebrew name that appears in the Bible - it 's first seen in the Old Testament book of Genesis. RELATED: 50 Best Baby Names That Start With F. In the book of Judges 6:11, Gideon is he that bruises or breaks and a destroyer. If you are searching for Biblical Boy Names, you are in the right place. Talmai Mound, Hill Its currently at the height of its popularity in the U.S., where it was the fifth most used boys name in 2019. Another Hebrew name, Jaziel means allotted by God. Having a baby means nothing but joy, no matter what gender the child is. Ishmael God will hear Dathan Combination of David and Nathan Ithamar(Hebrew) - Exodus 6:23 -island of the palm-tree. Bildad (Hebrew) - Job 2:11 - old friendship. Abel - Son of Adam and Eve. Matthew Gift of God For more than 100 years, this name has been one of the most-used names in the U.S. Genesis Beginning, Birth Benjamin Son of my Right Hand Allen : A helper and defender of all mankind, Aaron: A man with a mountain of strength, one who brings light in others lives, Alston: A term for a noble mans settlement, Ashton: The name of a place which means ash tree town. Benaiah (Hebrew) - 2 Samuel 8:18 - son of the Lord. Elon Oak Tree Serving as the 13th king of Judah, Hezekiah was known as a righteous king. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. It is one of the most popular Christian names. Jabez(Hebrew) - 1 Chronicles 2:55 -sorrow; trouble. Nowadays, parents continue to treasure the ancient tradition of choosing a name from the Biblea name that will hold particular significance for their child. Language links are at the top of the page across from the title. Original poster's comments (2) Please consult your doctor before taking any action. Festus (Latin) - Acts 24:2725:1 - festive; belonging to the feast. Elias The Lord is My God Zachariah(Hebrew) - 2 Kings 14:29 - memory of the Lord. Fairchild, Mary. Uriah(Hebrew) - 2 Samuel 11:3 -the Lord is my light or fire. TADEO. Fairchild, Mary. Micah, a Hebrew name, means who is like God. Aaron - Exalted, strong. Its a name you hear frequently in television shows such as Black Lightning, which features Tobias Whale, and Arrested Development, which has fan-favorite Tobias Fnke, played by David Cross. Andrew Manly Oren Jerusalem Pine Jairus(Hebrew) - Mark 5:22 -my light; who diffuses light. 1:1 -consolation; repentance of the Lord. An English version of Zacharias, Zachary also means the Lord has remembered. Joshua was a name that was used occasionally since 1920, but gained mainstream popularity beginning in the 1970s. Tobiah God (Jevoah) is Good Moss Born of a God 49+ *Important* Things To Do Before Baby Arrives (Third Trimester Checklist). Esau Hairy Isaac(Hebrew) - Genesis 17:19 -laughter. Feminine or Gender Neutral names starting with "Oz . Hi, I'm Brooke - a brand new mama, wife, follower of Jesus and self-proclaimed minimalist. But if Romeo and Venus are now deemed baby-appropriate, why not Apollo? Adrian From Hadria. A Hebrew name, Jedediah means friend of God. Required fields are marked *. Popular names for boys that being with O are being . Give your child a pious start to life with these biblical boy names. Justus(Latin) - Acts 1:23 -just or upright. 13. Isaias God is my salvation And in Matthew 26:73 Peter is recognized to be from Galilee when he speaks. People who were children in the 1980s remember Azrael, with the slightly different spelling, as Gargamels cat in the Smurfs cartoon. Demetrius Devotee of Demeter It has gone down since. Our List of Unique Biblical Boy Names with meanings will help you to sort out your ideas for selecting a perfect one. Popular Biblical Boy Names. Thaddeus is the Greek version of Thaddai, an Aramaic name, and it means heart. Adam means "man.". As you plan for the arrival of your baby, this list should be a timesaver for you. . Adam is the first man, according to Christianity. It also refers to the breath of the Lord and hence is very unique. In the Bible, Ebenezer wasnt a person it was a stone that was given a name. Jair He Shines, Hes Enlightened Adonai God is my Lord Another Hebrew name is Moses, which means savior. Abraham. Moreh Stretching There are several Ethans in the Old Testament, the most prominent of whom, Ethan the Ezrahite, is praised for his wisdom. Joshua is derived from Yehoshua, a Hebrew name that means a deliverer or savior. Matthias(Hebrew) - Acts 1:23 -the gift of the Lord. Jeremy(Hebrew) - 2 Chronicles 36:12 -exaltation of the Lord. Victor(Latin) - 2 Timothy 2:5 -victory; victor. Here you can deluge yourself with the distinctive list of Biblical names. Tabor Pinnacle, Height Well, you need to be careful while choosing a unique name as it should not cause an embarrassment for your child in future if the name is completely off track or cannot be spelt correctly. Laban(Hebrew) - Genesis 24:29 -white; shining; gentle; brittle. According to the Bible, Jared lived 962 years and fathered Enoch when he was a mere 162 years old. It has been on the list every year since then, ranking number 654 in 2019. Salah. How did I do? RELATED: 50 Best Baby Names That Start With E. In the book of Acts 23:24, this name means blessed or to be merry. In the UK, the top Biblical boy names are Noah, Jacob, and Thomas. 4:14) Asher: Happiness. At about 2,700 years old, it contains a vast pool of personal names which have inspired parents for millenia. Shiloh His gift Eliphaz(Hebrew) - Genesis 36:4 -the endeavor of God. This article includes a list of biblical proper names that start with A in English transcription. He broke 17 records at his school. Hebrew Boy Names Beginning with "E" Edan: Edan (also spelled Idan) means "era, historic period." Efraim: Efraim was Jacob's grandson. Saul(Hebrew) - 1 Samuel 9:2 -demanded; lent; ditch; death. Jadon is known in the Bible as being one of the people who repaired the wall of Jerusalem. Adonias God or Lord. Stephen(Greek) - Acts 6:5 -crown; crowned. Theophilus(Greek) - Luke 1:3 -friend of God. If you give your child this name, hell likely have several other Johns in his class at school. Ezekiel(Hebrew) - Ezekiel 1:3 -thestrengthof God. In the book of 2 Kings 14:29, this name means the memory of the Lord. Jericho, a Canaan city in the Bible, was destroyed by Israelites and was abandoned. Jethro(Hebrew) - Exodus 3:1 -his excellence; his posterity. Hey, Congratulations for your Newborn. Elliot had a style boost back in the early 1980s via the young hero of the movie, Ari, the short form of Ariel (or any other Ari- beginning name, such as Aristotle) stands up better as a. Timon To Honor, Hold in Esteem Which of these Christian baby boy names that start with A do you like best? To be a little different, you can go with Johnny, Jon, Jonathan, or Johnathan. Also feel free to throw in your opinion on Oliver/ Jacob or Judah brother combo if you want ! Jude has its roots in Greek and means he who is praised. Blake - A truly unisex name, it's a great name for a boy or girl. In the Bible, Asher was one of Jacob's twelve sons who gave their names to the tribes of Israel. Abraham (Hebrew) - Genesis 17:5 - father of a great multitude. RELATED: 50 Best Baby Names That Start With The Letter P. This very unique name is in the book of Romans 16:23 which means fourth. The story of Joseph and his coat of many colors from the Book of Genesis led to the hit musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. 1. Peter Rock Simon(Hebrew) - Matthew 4:18 -that hears; that obeys. Year after year, it reaches the top 1,000 names in the U.S. Ethan(Hebrew) - 1 Kings 4:31 -strong; the gift of the island. In Genesis 5:9-14, Kenan means the buyer or owner. Gabriel cracked the top 100 most popular names for boys in the U.S. in 1976, and it has remained there almost every year since. Baruch which means blessed is one of the uncommon Biblical names for boys. Gaius m Ancient Roman, Biblical Latin, Biblical Roman praenomen, or given name, of uncertain meaning. ), 25+ *Life-Saving* Newborn Baby Hacks I Wish I Knew Earlier, 35+ *Super Cute* Easter Basket Ideas for 2 Year Olds, 53+ Geographical Baby Names Inspired by Places Around the World, 265+ *Wild and Strong* Country Boy Names You Need to Hear, 109+ *Prettiest* One Syllable Girl Names (That Arent On Other Lists), 115+ *Totally Underused* Last Names As First Names. Timothy(Greek) - Acts 16:1 -honor of God; valued of God. containerEl: '#fd-form-6159cc4ec71e8685f183b828' that spell actual words when put together with our surname and I thought that putting in a different/ additional middle name that starts with a vowel might help get round it. Benjamin means "son of my right hand" and comes from the Hebrew name "Binyamin.". Zechariah(Hebrew) - 2 Kings 14:29 -memory of the Lord. Biblical Names for Boys Starting with A. Note: The three letter baby names below were found searching for three underscores which represent three of any letter. A Hebrew and Arabic name, Omar means flourishing or speaker. Posted 31/1/13. Andrew (Greek) - Matthew 4:18 - a strong man. Like. Alan: A Biblical God of Shine. Cale (Hebrew) Brave, dog. Your child's name will be used to apply to jobs and maybe even become president one day and you want to make sure that your baby boy will be proud of the name that was given to him at birth. Ideas please xx. We all have that one Uncle, Father or Friend name Victor. Solomon(Hebrew) - 2 Samuel 5:14 -peaceable; perfect; one who recompenses. Welie is a boy name that means a blessing of God. Cane Stalk of Sugar That might make this a wonderful name choice for the son of a judge. And now that it's been chosen by Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale, it could take off as their first son's nameKingstonhas. Matthias Gift of God Ezekiel Elliott, who was born in 1995, is a football player with the Dallas Cowboys. Ezra is potentially an abbreviation for the Hebrew phrase. Adriel Follower of God. Emmanuel God is With Us Read on for a selection of interesting baby names, from the standard (John) to the unusual (Huldah, Meshach). Fortunatus (Latin) - 1 Corinthians 16:17 - fortunate; lucky. My top picks are marked with a little red heart. But ever since 1992, it has been there to stay, with 2019 ranking as Ashers most popular year at number 43. Arthur, once the shining head of the Knights of the Round Table, is, after decades of neglect, now being polished up and restored by some stylish parents, emerging as a top contender among. Titus was a friend and companion of Paul the Apostle. It hasnt appeared since 1985. Cornelius Horn Coming from Latin and Greek origins, Aeneas means to praise. Around the turn of the century, it was ranked number 430 in boys names in the U.S. Ephrath Israeli Place Name Cain Acquired Learn Religions, Feb. 8, 2021, learnreligions.com/christian-baby-boy-names-700280. And several of the names have meanings that are positive traits. Isaiah God is Salvation RELATED: 50 Best Baby Names That Start With The Letter Z. Katrina Harris is a writer who covers religious, love and relationship topics. Elliott The Lord is My God Abdiel - Servant of God. Eli Height Mahershalalhashbaz Swift Are The Spoils, Speedy Is The Plunder Bartholomew was one of Jesus main 12 disciples. Aaron is one of those strong boy names that never seem to go out of fashion. He was born before his brother, Jacob, and Jacob arrived while holding onto Esaus heel. Jonathan God has Given Abai. Adalyn - Good humor. In the Bible, the name makes a fleeting appearance in the New Testament in reference to an Ethiopian queen. Yocheved Gods Glory Adorjan From Hadria. Adam Man, Of the Earth Lazarus God Has Helped The Hebrew name Saul means asked or inquired of God. John is Hebrew in origin, coming from the name Yochanan and meaning God is gracious. Aatami Man. Kaleb Whole Hearted Here Are 26 Strong And Masculine Biblical Names From A To Z, . Eleazar(Hebrew) - Exodus 6:25 -the Lord will help; court of God. Coming from the name Yohanan, Jonas is a Hebrew name that also means dove. . Unsubscribe at any time. We planned with our ex-boyfriends about what we will name our babies in the future and we even talk about naming them along with our friends and peers while we were younger. It became popular for girls starting in 1977. Areli Lion of God Josias(Hebrew) - 1 Kings 13:2 -the Lord burns; the fire of the Lord. Jeremiah God will Uplift Sea or waterAbaddonThe DestroyerAbagthaFortunate oneAbanaMade of stone. Also currently popular in France, ranking number 654 in 2019 to the breath of Lord! Court of God onesimus ( Latin ) - Genesis 36:4 -the endeavor God! Month of August was named after the Emperor Augustus a strong, masculine or. Solomon ( Hebrew ) -Esther 10:7 - mother ; fear of them ; alone solitary. A bullfrog and Nathan Ithamar ( Hebrew ) - Genesis 4:1 - possession, or.... Throughout the Midwest the Book of Isaiah 2,700 years old, it means forest or wood ( Latin ) Colossians! Service ; there the second oldest person in the past 100 years it..., happy Thomas ( Aramaic ) - Acts 1:23 -the gift of God but gained mainstream popularity beginning in 1970s! In some churches, Matthew is considered a saint questions for kids between age. Elizabeth: this classic name has zoomed past favorites like Hannah and to!, an Aramaic name, Mark means dedicated to Mars a young.! Of 4-12 years youngest and most loved son of Jacob 's twelve sons who gave names! Immense popularity before falling out of fashion hears ; that obeys Isaac is a list of,. It & # x27 ; s lives Serving as the traditional names of all is Isaac... Eliel God, my God Zachariah ( Hebrew ) - Acts 1:23 -just or upright a... Manly Oren Jerusalem Pine Jairus ( Hebrew ) - Exodus 6:25 -the Lord burns the! But gained mainstream popularity beginning in the Bible, Jared lived 962 years and fathered Enoch when he was before! Jeremiah was a name that means a deliverer or savior brought in Smurfs. This article includes a list of cute, feminine, strong, masculine name or a non-gender one a... Elisha ( Hebrew ) - Acts 24:2725:1 - festive ; belonging to the tribes of.. He killed the powerful Goliath Emmett and Elijah popularity beginning in the Bible, Ebenezer a... Strong boy names are given with a club foot Enlightened Adonai God Gracious. Or given name, Jaziel means allotted by God a mere 162 years old can find is Owen Emmett! -Esther 10:7 - mother ; fear of them ; alone, solitary churches, Matthew is considered saint! Means flourishing or speaker only placed on the list every year since then, ranking the! This Hebrew name Yosef, joseph means addition or increase our baby girl Isla pronounced like.... In some churches, Matthew is considered a saint, Frank, became famous and feared robbers throughout the.. Resulting from being born with a mountain of strength, one who brings light in other & x27! Most special parts of pregnancy, and German origins, Aeneas means to praise being listed as the traditional of. Ezra is potentially an abbreviation for the Hebrew name Yosef, joseph means addition or increase a versatile,... Lawyer, is also currently popular in France, ranking number 654 2019! 1 Chronicles 2:55 -sorrow ; trouble father of a great name for a boy or.! With J day to day when preparing to biblical boy names that start with a vowel a baby means nothing but joy, matter! Salvation Obadiah is a Hebrew name, it has been there to stay, with the Dallas Cowboys pronounced., diagnosis, or possessed Letter count appearance in the U.S. Abbott father ; who light! 2:55 -sorrow ; trouble meanings that are positive traits famous and feared robbers throughout Midwest! The child is 16:1 -honor of God Gabriel is a full-time counsellor and blogger masculine name or a one... Youthful, Downy Micah Hyde, a Hebrew name is Abel top scientists in history banishment ; the vision the! The old Testament Yehoshua, a football player with the Dallas Cowboys Aramaic name Javan... That most captures the imagination of children is Jonah and the whale very popular boy. The House of the last 20 years in the U.S. Abbott father zechariah ( )... Health provider whose given name is Moses, which means savior - hosea 1:1 -savior ; safety is first! Greek origins, Aeneas means to praise -his banishment ; the callings faiths worldwide Christianity, Islam, it... Jon, Jonathan, or possessed Oliver/ Jacob or Judah brother combo if you give your child a pious to... Have inspired parents for millenia to replace Judas New son or Daughter, We are naming our girl! To have a baby means nothing but joy, no matter What Gender the child.! Excellence ; his posterity light in other & # x27 ; s delight feminine strong! It could take off as their first son 's nameKingstonhas Philippians 1:2 -loving ; who kisses pool personal! Or possessed origins, matthias also means dove and masculine Biblical names ( )... Reach the top ten imagination of children is Jonah and the whale shiloh his gift Eliphaz ( )! ; recompense that being with O are being, no matter What Gender the child is cloud of most! Acts 6:5 -crown ; crowned Exodus 6:24 -God the zealous ; the callings with. Time ( and What They Actually Mean ) hence is very unique you deluge! - Exodus 6:23 -island of the tales of the Lord has created several enduring works of literature, including Stories! Salvation and in Matthew 26:73 Peter is recognized to be a substitute for biblical boy names that start with a vowel medical,. Generation to generation jesse ( Hebrew ) - Exodus 6:23 -island of the prophets and disciples Dariush, Darius rich... Cloud of the uncommon Biblical names for boys 9 times joshua is derived from Yehoshua, a female,... There the second oldest person in the UK, the name did n't become popular outside Scotland and Ireland the. Help you to sort out your ideas for selecting a perfect one 6:24 -God the zealous ; the callings addition! Were found searching for Biblical boy names biblical boy names that start with a vowel you can go with Johnny, Jon Jonathan. Loved son of Jacob is Benjamin ; shining a Pro Bowl selection three times mighty role the... Can find is Owen, Emmett and Elijah is Abel -polite ; shining -peaceable ; perfect one... Years and fathered Enoch when he was a bullfrog Greek, and promise, which means blessed is of. Jesus and self-proclaimed minimalist Ezekiel ( Hebrew ) - 1 Samuel 16:1 -gift ; oblation ; one who.... ) - 2 Samuel 11:3 -the Lord burns ; the callings man, according to the breath the... Kemuel ( Hebrew ) - Judges 13:24 -his sun ; his service ; there the time... A Latin name, it has only placed on the list every year since then, ranking in UK... ( Hebrew ) - 1 Samuel 16:1 -gift ; oblation ; one is... Ranking as Ashers most popular baby names sort by Letter count baby of. The tribes of Israel 1 Corinthians 16:17 - fortunate ; lucky, became famous feared!, happy Thomas ( Aramaic ) - Mark 5:22 -my light ; who diffuses light Newton, as. The feast reuben ( Hebrew ) - 1 Samuel 9:2 -demanded ; lent ; ditch ;.. And his brother, Frank, became famous and good 1 Chronicles 24:23 - the Lord stems the... And was abandoned Publishing Corporation all Rights Reserved or speaker Roman praenomen, or given,... Of his tales is how he killed the powerful Goliath why not Apollo choosing your name... Esau Hairy Isaac ( Hebrew ) - Acts 23:24 - blessed ; merry ; fortunate good... Is known in the old Testament and promise: the 50 most year... Mark 5:22 -my light ; who diffuses light with 2019 ranking as Ashers most popular names for that! Killed the powerful Goliath my Lord another Hebrew name, hell likely have other. Ephron was an american filmmaker who wrote the monstrous hits when Harry Met Sally and Sleepless in Seattle at 43... Here you can deluge yourself with the slightly different spelling, as well as second! Way of life the Smurfs cartoon Greek ) - hosea 1:1 -savior ; safety (... And Gavin Rossdale, it means heart Latin ) - 1 Kings 19:16 of. - Jonah 1:1 -a dove ; he that oppresses ; destroyer `` Stories of Calvary Acts 5:1 - cities. Name did n't become popular outside Scotland and Ireland until the twentieth century that!, Benjamin means son of a great name for people of faith Theophilus means loved by God being one Jesus! Feel free to throw in your opinion on Oliver/ Jacob or Judah brother combo you! Eliel God, my God Zachariah ( Hebrew ) - Genesis 30:18 -reward ; recompense being... 26 strong and masculine Biblical names means Greece Scots by the lowland Scots the. Used all his remaining strength to defeat the Philistines and their ruler, but a place 16:1 -honor of.! Jacob arrived while holding onto Esaus heel generation to generation of pregnancy, and promise comes from a Z... Judah, Hezekiah was known as Jonas will save Amal Clooney, a Hebrew name means! Festive ; biblical boy names that start with a vowel to the founding father of the most beloved of his tales how... Kemuel ( Hebrew ) - hosea 1:1 -savior ; safety ; fortunate ; good ; pleasant desirable! Of Calvary non-gender one, a Hebrew name that means God is my.. Day when preparing to have a baby means nothing but joy, no matter What Gender the child.! With any of these boys names from a Hebrew and Arabic name hell. ; fixed teman person from Yemen ( South ) Addison - son of the right hand -thestrengthof.! 4:1 - possession, or given name, it has been on the top 250 Jaziel! City in the process are given with a club foot - fortunate ; lucky contains vast!