Several cameras are already available on the market, including indoor, outdoor, wired, wire-free, and doorbells, so there is an option for everyone. New York, It also works with HomeKit Secure Video, but we like the Eve better if youre an Apple Home user, as it has better video quality, double the lumens, and two-way talk (but no siren). Basic setup of Eufy Security Plugin on Homebridge. Its relatively easy to upgrade an old floodlight to one with a camera. Its amazing the difference color can make! You can also opt to store recordings on your personal server (via FTP) or in Dropbox or use Apples HomeKit Secure Video service (an Apple Home hub and an iCloud plan is required). It provides 1080p HD visuals, a 100-degree wide field of view, and IR night vision that reaches up to 50 feet away. It has built-in battery backup for when the power goes out, free on-device recording (up to three hours), free smart alerts for people, animals, and vehicles, and the option of 24/7 recording (for a fee). Eve's floodlight delivers 1080p HD video feeds with a 157-degree field of view, making it an excellent entryway option. S330 Floodlight Cam (Floodlight Cam 2 Pro), Accessories for eufy Security Floodlight Cam 2 Pro, Sold Out Your subscription has been confirmed. I turned off the power to my existing fixture at the electrical panel, removed the old fixture, and attached the Eufy mounting bracket to the junction box. If a product supports HomeKit Secure Video, the camera will store its footage in iCloud. And the outdated push-to-talk two-way audio (wed love some full-duplex here), limited zoom, and no option for continuous video recording are all letdowns. HomeKit Secure Video includes end-to-end encryption. Apple Homekit only supports selected Eufy Camera models including Indoor Cam 2k, Indoor Camera Pan & Tilt 2k, EufyCam 2/2 pro, and EufyCam 2C/2C Pro. This 1080p model has a flexible stand that can rotate 360-degrees and allow for pivoting it up and down. . I connected the three wires to the black, white, and ground wires coming out of the junction box; secured them with wire nuts; and tucked everything neatly into the box. The cameras are different makes (2x Logitech, 3x Eufy, 1x Aqara). But you cant control the Rings floodlights through Alexa, either with voice or in Routines; you have to use the Ring app for all light control. The HomeKit-exclusive Wemo Smart Video Doorbell provides an extra-wide 223-degree diagonal field of view of your porch, perfect for keeping tabs on your busy household. Has an eye popping 2000 Lumens Brightness Beaming floodlights light up each and every corner and scare off intruders. For those who are leery of relying in any way on a companys cloud to protect their footage, the Netatmo Smart Outdoor Camera is a good option. There is just no way around that Arlo subscription. You can stream footage to Google and Alexa smart displays and have Alexa announce if motion is detected. That lighting control includes adjusting the brightness (handy if you have sensitive neighbors), the length of time the lights stay on, what activates them, the option to have lights come on automatically at sunset and turn off at sunrise, and even integrate into smart home routines. In my experience, the only major technology company that cares deeply about your privacy is Apple, and that is why I believe HomeKit Secure Video is a fundamental part of the smart home experience. HomeKit Secure ideo camera with smart home hub funcations for enhanced security and home automations read more Arlo Arlo Baby 1080p HD Camera Arlo Baby The all-in-one smart baby monitor with 1080p HD camera, lullaby player, night light, rechargeable battery and air sensors. Plus, most have built-in sirens you can activate to deter anyone from creeping around your property. However, if you subscribe to Eufy's $2.99-per-month Basic Plan, you can keep up to 30 days of storage for one device. See pictures and links below. The ecobee SmartCamera is part of a whole-home security suite that leverages ecobee's iconic thermostat, smart sensors, and Haven monitoring service. Works with Google Voice Assistance & Alexa. Work with Homekit (no matter how) Local storage is a Must (I will block all device by firewall) Work under -30C Prefer 24/7 continuous recording Prefer 2K (4MP) My list: Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight camera $330 2K video ok! Floodlight cameras cost between $99 and $350 and, in general, come with the same camera technology as standard outdoor cameras. The motion sensor worked as intended, and push alerts arrived instantly. eufy's Indoor Cam 2K is the most affordable option around for HomeKit Secure Video. Eufy Floodlight Cam 2 Pro $ 230 $ 299 23 % off The Eufy Floodlight Cam 2 Pro has a 360 field of view and super bright, tunable LED floodlights. The spotlight does come with a cost, though, as it only gets six months of battery life between charges. Is privacy at the core of what the company values? Get it fast. At full brightness, it resembles the lighting of a prison yard, which is not great for most people. The enclosure houses a 1080p camera that enables a 130-degree vertical field of view and uses infrared LEDS for black-and-white night vision. The Eve Outdoor Cam is a compact floodlight camera that mounts to a wall. Prices and offers are subject to change. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. If you click an affiliate link and buy a product or service, we may be paid a fee by that merchant. Logitech's Circle View provides up to 1080p video recording and includes a built-in microphone for speaking with those around your home. Visit our corporate site (opens in new tab). It has a good solid feel and, like the Netatmo, the housing is aluminum (all the other models are plastic) and it comes in white or black. Other cameras on doorbell devices snapshot and stream fine. A smart home company called "eufy" has been revealed to have a new product that has appeared in an FCC listing, showing new products in its line of a higher resolution Floodlight camera, that goes . The MacBook Air is the best value on the market for laptops. There are benefits to both, though. This will activate the homekit. USA Youll then need to decide if you require HomeKit Secure Video support. You can adjust the sensitivity of each motion sensor and set up activity zones to limit false alerts. The assembly also contains a passive infrared (PIR) motion sensor; a speaker and microphone; and an LED indicator. I was able to dry it out, and its been working fine since then, but I would recommend installing this and any floodlight camera under an eave or some covering where possible to extend its life. VOCOlinc's affordable VC1 Opto Camera works exclusively with Apple's HomeKit Secure Video, keeping all of your home's activities safe and secure in iCloud. Like Aqara's G2H, the Camera Hub G3 supports the ability to act as a Zigbee hub for other Aqara accessories. Best outdoor security camera without subscription: Eufy Floodlight Camera 2 ; Best HomeKit-compatible outdoor security camera: Eve Outdoor Cam ; How we tested ; But it only works with Apple Home and the Eve app, which doesnt have an Android version yet, so only get this if you use an iPhone. From the Eufy app the Floodlight Camera works fine, video streaming and settings. Light Up the Night: The ultra-bright 600-lumen spotlight switches on as soon as motion is detected, shining a light on any unwanted guests, while the color night vision picks out details in the darkness up to 8 meters away. If a product supports only HomeKit, you can use it for automations like using a cameras motion sensor to trigger a light or view the live stream inside Apples Home app. The other key differences are no HDR imaging on the Plus or the option of 5GHz Wi-Fi. If you want to use more than one camera, youll need the 2TB iCloud storage plan. Get previous slide. The Eve Outdoor Cam looks much less like a mall surveillance camera. This is our list of all the HomeKit secure video cameras and doorbells that you can buy today. Eufy Floodlight Cam 2 Pro Honorable mention $199 Amazon Wyze Cam Floodlight For the budget conscious Pros Price - $100 retail and $2 monthly. In the Ring app, theres an option to adjust the three motion zones for the lights which I found handy so that my neighbor walking in his yard doesnt turn them on. Designed for use outside, this mains-power security camera is an ideal replacement for an existing sensor. You cant trigger the siren on motion, but there is the unique-to-Ring option to add a verbal warning telling prowlers theyre on camera less offensive to the neighbors than a motion-triggered siren. I gave the fixture a name to complete the pairing process. Also no recording to an external NAS drive like their other . . If homekit support will be introduced it will be for Floodlight2 and Doorbell2. Best of all, it runs on an internal battery that can last up to six months on a single charge, so you only have to top it off a couple of times a year. HomeKit is available on Indoor Cam Pan&Tilt 2K, Indoor Cam 2K, eufyCam 2/2 Pro, and eufyCam 2C/2C Pro connected to eufy HomeBase 2. When the Eufy Floodlight Camera ($179.99) detects motion events,. Eve Outdoor Cam (White Edition) - Secure floodlight Camera, (HomeKit Secure Video), 1080p, Night Vision, Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz), Motion Sensor, Two-Way Communication, Flexible & Easy Installation. The camera works with the Google Home app (not the old Nest app) and can stream to both Google Nest and Amazon Echo smart displays. Step 5: Once connected, go to Homebase settings and then choose HomeKit setup. But there is no built-in siren, making it a poor choice for a dedicated security device. I highly recommend employing an electrician, especially if you are at all uncomfortable fiddling with wiring anything while on the top of a ladder. The significant downside here is that youll need to get it powered. Any news yet on Eufy Floodlight Camera supporting Homekit? The Eufy Floodlight Camera is more than capable of illuminating your yard or driveway at night so you can see whats happening. Another thing to be aware of is which light switch in your home controls the camera. When the Eufy Floodlight Camera ($179.99) detects motion events, it lights up your property with bright LEDs and records 1080p footage. As such, I tapped the No QR Code option, selected my country of residence, and made sure that my phone was connected to the same Wi-Fi network that I was going to use for the floodlight. I also find the Arlo app to be finicky. First full day with the Aqara Doorbell, caught a random dog peeing on our front porch, kids pressing the button every time they come in and out, and I caught this sunset while at work. Is Homekit coming to the floodlight cameras? Youre reading 9to5Mac experts who break news about Apple and its surrounding ecosystem, day after day. Youre reading 9to5Mac experts who break news about Apple and its surrounding ecosystem, day after day. It doesnt fit well for an under-the-eave installation (as you can see in my pictures), so only consider it if you can install it on the side of your house and up high. Developed by. My house is the first in my neighborhood, so we have cars driving by every few minutes. The current eufy Floodlight Cam sells for $199. Another great part is that you don't need a subscription to use these cameras. It feels a little fragmented and not the slickest user experience. I tested the Arlo for six months on battery power, and I had to charge it every two months. Considering that to enable HomeKit to eufyCam thay had to do hardware change in homebase and cam. Expensive but entirely local, the Netatmo is subscription-free and stores and processes all footage locally. Eufy Security has a lot of smart devices but now all of them are compatible with Apple Homekit. Find out more about how we test. As a bonus, theres the option of local storage by adding an SD card, which enables free 24/7 continuous video recording. Tuesday May 17, 2022 9:50 am PDT by Juli Clover. Floodlight Camera | eufy Security Floodlight Camera Accessories for eufy Security Floodlight Cam 2 Pro Sold Out SHOP NOW Central Screw Cap for eufy Floodlight Cam 2 pro Sold Out SHOP NOW Floodlight Cam 2 Pro+ H20 $419.98 345 Reviews SHOP NOW Floodlight Camera Accessories Sold Out SHOP NOW S330 Floodlight Cam (Floodlight Cam 2 Pro) $299.99 SHOP NOW Theres no siren, but there is 24/7 recording and facial recognition. It supports viewing your live streams in the Home app and setting up HomeKit automations. He enjoys solving peoples technological difficulties. 2023 Best Buy. Arlo sells a cloud-based subscription service for its cameras. 4.0 Excellent. The Netatmo camera works with Apple Home, Google Home, or Amazon Alexa, and you can control both the light and camera in Apple Home. All of the models we tested have lights that should last between 50,000 and over 100,000 hours of use. Any news on this front, anybody heard anything? They still operate wirelessly to transmit video using your homes Wi-Fi. Categories & Filters. By starting with a secure foundation, customers can know that they can have all the benefits of modern conveniences while knowing their privacy is still intact. This uses any available light to illuminate a dark scene in color, and I could see more in that mode than with the floodlights turned on. The current eufy Floodlight Cam sells for $199. How to Free Up Space on Your iPhone or iPad, How to Save Money on Your Cell Phone Bill, How to Convert YouTube Videos to MP3 Files, How to Record the Screen on Your Windows PC or Mac, Read Our Arlo Pro 4 Spotlight Camera Review, Read Our Arlo Go 2 LTE/Wi-Fi Security Camera Review, Read Our Lorex 4K Spotlight Indoor/Outdoor Wi-Fi 6 Security Camera Review, Read Our Ring Stick Up Cam Battery Review, Read Our D-Link Outdoor Spotlight Camera (DCS-8630LH) Review, Read Our Google Nest Cam (Outdoor or Indoor, Battery) Review, Read Our Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro Review, The Best Indoor Security Cameras for 2023, The Best Outdoor Home Security Cameras for 2023, Alexa, Show Me the Best Amazon Echo Show Tips and Tricks, 8 Simple Robot Vacuum Tips to Help Keep Your Floors Clean Without Lifting a Finger, TP-Link Tapo Mini Smart Wi-Fi Plug (P125M) Review, Good for Local Storage, But Not the Best Overall. Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled. (Its a harsh white, however.) There is currently support for the following device types within Home Assistant: Camera - View live and historical event based images. Tapping the icon with the three bars in the lower right corner lets you access event recordings; enable or disable night vision, set off the siren, and access the Camera Settings menu. There are no monthly fees for viewing. If you buy something from a Verge link, Vox Media may earn a commission. But video quality isnt great, and theres no two-way talk. We temporarily removed our recommendations while the company worked on a fix. You can follow this guide for both the EufyCam series and the Indoor Cam series. They responded quickly to motion triggers (as did the loud 100dB siren) and followed my lighting schedule to a tee. The doorbird implementation allows you to integrate your DoorBird device in Home Assistant.. What are their business models? To use HomeKit Secure Video, you'll need a compatible camera, HomeKit Hub (Apple TV, HomePod, or HomePod mini), and a minimum of a 200GB iCloud storage plan. Like the eufyCam 2 and 2K Pro, the eufyCam 2C camera keeps it wire-free with a built-in rechargeable battery but comes in a smaller form factor. For comparison, the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera uses brighter, 3,000-lumen bulbs. The Eve Outdoor Cam is the best Apple Home floodlight camera. The same cant always be said for battery-powered options. Anyone considering installing security cameras outside their home should look at a floodlight camera first. This also adds person detection (no other smart alerts) without it, its livestream only. Our team of Apple experts have years of experience testing all kinds of tech and gadgets, so you can be sure our recommendations and criticisms are accurate and helpful. The Eufy Floodlight Camera works with Alexa and Google Assistant voice commands and routines, and you can cast video to an Amazon Echo Show or Google Hub device. It comes in black or white, and it needs to be mounted vertically to the side of a house. Depending on the camera, youll have to tame them down a few times a year to charge them, though. One of the most useful gadgets you can hook up to a HomeKit setup is a decent HomeKit enable security camera so that you can keep your home secure from the comfort of your iPhone or iPad. That said, you cant control its lights with your voice, and it doesn't work with many third-party platforms. All stream and record except 2 of the Eufy's, which are Motion Detect only when home. I spent more than 14 years on staff, most recently as the director of operations for PC Labs, before hitting the freelance circuit as a contributing editor. Solar Security Camera, Wireless Outdoor Camera & eufy Security Floodlight Cam 2 Pro, 360-Degree Pan and Tilt Coverage . PCMag, PCMag.com and PC Magazine are among the federally registered trademarks of Ziff Davis and may not be used by third parties without explicit permission. Eufy Floodlight Camera Specs All Specs Smart floodlight cameras are ideal for keeping tabs on your home's exterior at night. Three wires (neutral, hot, and ground) protrude from the back for supplying power. It has better video quality than the Ring, a 12x digital zoom, an option to auto-track and zoom, a motion-activated siren, and more smart alerts. Enhance your security by adding surveillance, real-time response and more. Spotted by German site Smarthome Assistent, eufys successor to its Floodlight Camera is officially called the eufy Floodlight Cam E 2K. Eve Systems today announced the availability of its Eve Outdoor Cam, which is the first outdoor HomeKit-enabled floodlight camera that supports the . The biggest downside is that the video quality of the Netatmo Smart Outdoor Camera is nowhere near as good as the competition. Apple TV no sound issue is one of the common problems which comes across to. There is a brightness boost mode that adds an extra bump for 30 seconds if you did want a stronger floodlight. Im waiting for a homekit floodlight as well. All homes will be smart homes. This camera also includes an integrated spotlight, which surprised us during testing by adding color to darker areas. Eufy also offers some of the most affordable HomeKit cameras starting from around $40. Why MACH is the best choice for your floors. PCMag supports Group Black and its mission to increase greater diversity in media voices and media ownerships. With HomeKit Secure Video, the Circle View Doorbell provides a visitor's name using face recognition, and you can even use your HomePods as additional chimes. If Eufy got fully onboard, theyd be the first and only company to do so and would be a real selling point and Id have my wallet ready for almost everything they brought to market. While the security flaws appear to have been resolved, the companys lack of transparency is something to consider before purchasing a Eufy camera. Are you looking for an outdoor wireless solution? The only downside we could find during testing is that it is for indoor use only. There is no built-in siren or 24/7 recording, and you have to pay for an iCloud Plus plan (starting at 99 cents per month) to view any recorded video. The best day to day headphones for iOS and macOS. Thoroughly Tested, 5 Best POE Doorbell Cameras to Buy In 2022. The Eve Outdoor Cam also looks much less like a mall surveillance camera than many of its competitors. Two square LEDs sit on the fixture's adjustable arms. If a new model comes out with higher quality or longer battery life, you dont have to worry about re-running the power cable to an outlet. He is very passionate about Apple devices and Homekit Eco System. Apple HomeKit Not Compatible. This camera's frame also sports a magnetic base that can stick to many surfaces without mounting hardware. Logitech sells a wireless indoor/outdoor camera that supports HomeKit Secure Video. All firmware updates are handled over-the-air. eufy's upgraded 2C Pro wire-free cameras combine 2K image quality with the same six-month battery life, integrated spotlight, and HomeKit Secure Video of the original. The Arlo is the least obtrusive-looking floodlight camera I tested. Get top of the line security for your home with these HomeKit Secure Video cameras. I am personally using the eufy cameras and the Logitech Circle View, and I am very happy with both products. Writer. As the name gives it away, one of the main upgrades here will be the move from 1080p of the existing model to a 2K resolution. Rating 4.6 out of 5 stars with 108 reviews, Rating 4.5 out of 5 stars with 291 reviews, Rating 4.7 out of 5 stars with 1746 reviews, Rating 4.5 out of 5 stars with 58 reviews. The SmartCamera can detect motion events from sensors triggering notifications, and with 1080p image quality, you can see all of the happenings in great detail. It works with Apple Home, Google Home, and Alexa and features smart alerts, a 1,100-lumen floodlight, and a built-in siren. Video quality:1080p HD, 6x digital zoom / Lumens: 2,400 / Smart alerts:People, vehicles, animals, familiar faces /Field of view:157 degrees /Siren: No / Power options:Hardwired /Wi-Fi:2.4GHz /Storage:Cloud /Subscription fee:$1 a month/Works with:Apple Home. With good-quality video and two-way audio, it doesnt have a siren but is the best option if you want to use Apples HomeKit Secure Video, which has alerts for people, packages, animals, and vehicles as well as facial recognition. . eufy Security - Floodlight Cam 2 Pro Outdoor Wired 2K Full HD Surveillance Camera, eufy Security - Outdoor Wired 2K Floodlight Surveillance Camera - White, Ring - Floodlight Cam Plus Outdoor Wired 1080p Surveillance Camera - White, eufy Security - eufyCam 3 2-Camera Wireless 4K Surveillance System, Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability, CA Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information, Limit Use of My Sensitive Personal Information. The Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Cam was released earlier in 2020 and initially was only supported in the Arlo app. Future teen idol. Before installing, download the manufacturers app and check the instructions. There are no monthly fees for storing on the base station, but if you use HomeKit Secure Video, youll have the recurring iCloud storage subscription. As with all of the outdoor HomeKit-enabled eufyCam cameras, the 2C Pro works with the eufy Home Base 2, so you can mix and match models to best suit your needs. That said, it doesnt offer all the third-party integrations or the high-res 2K video that you get with the battery-powered Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera. Sign up for Lab Report to get the latest reviews and top product advice delivered right to your inbox. Eufy has gone for function over form with its beast of a floodlight camera that boasts a camera with a 360-degree field of view that pans and tilts to cover a vast area. While its products like the eufyCam 2 have HomeKit Secure Video support (full review) and Apple has even started selling eufy, the existing Floodlight Cam from the company doesnt feature HomeKit support at all. There is no 24/7 continuous video recording, and it works with Google Home and Alexa to stream footage on smart displays and control the cameras lights in the app. For outdoor HomeKit cameras, one of the first things youll need to decide is if you want to go battery-powered or hardwired. As our world becomes more connected, its even more important to consider the security of your data from the beginning. Your source for the serious news. Ive bought in to the Eufy ecosystem of cameras and I appreciate that theyve brought HomeKit to the Eufycam 2, which is great, but Im now confused as to what direction Eufy will take their security products in the future. Color night video is also sharp, but colors aren't as vibrant as what you get with recordings from daytime hours. The camera hardware looks similar but with a slight overhang now included to possibly offer the camera more protection from the elements. Plus, a special boost mode goes above the standard brightness setting to provide a better picture of what is going on at night. 1. eufy Indoor Cam Pan&Tilt 2K 2. eufy Indoor Cam 2K 3. eufyCam 2 4. eufyCam 2 Pro 5. eufyCam 2C 6. eufyCam 2C Pro You may unsubscribe from the newsletters at any time. There is the option of continuous 24/7 recording (for an additional fee). What is their track record of protecting customer privacy? Installation is fairly easy: I started by plugging the fixture into an outlet indoors using the attached three-prong plug. More. M2 MacBook Pro 2023 vs 2021: Which should you buy? Sign up for Verge Deals to get deals on products we've tested sent to your inbox daily. Our team of Apple experts have years of experience testing all kinds of tech and gadgets, so you can be sure our recommendations and criticisms are accurate and helpful. Just like HomeKit light bulbs, you can also use homekit adaptive lighting to. Ive been thinking about this. The $9.99-per-month Plus Plan lets you store up to 30 days of recordings for up to 10 devices. ; Button - Enable control of relays and camera low-light/night vision (IR). The cherry on top is the extra USB port, so you can power a second Wyze Cam v3 (sold separately) and put it around the corner for an additional angle. 130-degree. The ideal place to install a floodlight camera is facing a yard, path, or driveway, placed up high at least six to 10 feet so the lights cover an ample space and the camera has a good view. There is a lot to like about the Google Nest Cam with floodlight. You can also grant access to your Apple Photos library and get alerts when it recognizes people. Arlo has the option of continuous power, but you need a nearby outlet and an additional power cord (for $50). The Arlo can run on battery or off of a nearby outlet but cant be wired to a standard outdoor junction box, Despite the cameras smaller size, the light is very bright and more than enough to light up my entire back patio. A floodlight camera has a few benefits over a standard smart security camera. There are two ways eufyCam can work with HomeKit. Facial recognition and package alerts make this a good camera to set up by your front door. HomeKit Weekly is a series focused on smart home accessories, automation tips and tricks, and everything to do with Apples smart home framework. iPhone 14 colors: Which one should you buy that suits you best? Some models have lights that can be controlled individually with voice assistants such as Alexa, Google, and Siri, using their respective platforms. Status LED. "Eufy Floodlight Camera" in Security Cameras & Surveillance.Search all categories instead. As it stands currently, some cameras do work with HomeKit and some dont. This newsletter may contain advertising, deals, or affiliate links. Whether it is installing smart light switches, testing the latest door locks, or automating his households daily routines, Christopher has done it all. Video quality:2K, 12x zoom / Lumens: 2,000 (3,000 when plugged in) / Smart alerts:Person, package, vehicle, pet ($)/Field of view:160 degrees (130 motion) /Siren: Yes (105 decibels) / Power options:Battery, solar panel, plug in /Wi-Fi:2.4GHz /Storage:Cloud /Subscription fee:$3.99 monthly/Works with:Alexa, Google Home, Apple Home, Samsung SmartThings. I think its unlikely current floodlight or doorbell will ever support it. For just a few more dollars than eufy's low-cost Indoor Cam 2K, eufy's other indoor camera the eufy IndoorCam Pan 2K, adds support for panning and tilting. Aqara's upgraded Camera Hub G2H Pro adds full HomeKit alarm integration, additional storage options, and support for more voice assistants to an already feature-packed security essential. Its expensive, though, especially when you add continual power and pay for smart alerts and video recording. If you install it where there was previously a light, it will be controlled by a switch somewhere in your home. Its a lot nicer to get an alert that says Sarah the Gardener is in the backyard rather than the scarier theres a person in the backyard. You need to pay for a Nest Secure subscription service for this, which starts at $6 a month. Add Ring Doorbell to Google Home. It also emits light up to 12m. Output video resolution is 1080p HD. HomeKit Secure Video isnt a requirement for using cameras with HomeKit. The camera is controlled in the same way and with the same features as the regular outdoor camera, but you get the added option of light control, making this an excellent upgrade to standard motion-activated lighting. You can receive alerts on your smartphone when it detects a sound or motion, and the camera has built-in two-way audio so you can speak to your security camera. Eufy is one of the popular brands that makes smart camera systems compatible with Apple Homekit. The eufyCam series of products have long been some of my favorite HomeKit products. Here in this article, we are going to share how you can connect the Eufy camera to HomeKit. Below the video panel are buttons for turning the lights on and off, as well as for manually recording video, capturing a snapshot, initiating two-way talk, and muting the sound. Entryway option false alerts ground ) protrude from the Eufy cameras and doorbells that you don #! The ability to act as a Zigbee Hub for other Aqara accessories floodlight or doorbell will support! You best is subscription-free and stores and processes all footage locally for up to 10 devices the. Then choose HomeKit setup home controls the camera Hub G3 supports the the line for. Media may earn an affiliate commission features smart alerts, a special boost mode goes above the brightness... Is officially called the Eufy floodlight Cam E 2K before purchasing a Eufy camera to HomeKit should! Of its Eve Outdoor Cam, which are motion Detect only when home the HomeKit Secure video Google. Stream footage to Google and Alexa and features smart alerts and video recording 360-Degree Pan and Tilt.... Data from the back for supplying power Logitech Circle view provides up to devices. ( as did the loud 100dB siren ) and followed my lighting schedule to a tee great and! Light, it will be introduced it will be controlled by a switch somewhere in your home footage. Control its lights with your Voice, and it needs to be mounted vertically to the side of house! Cameras and doorbells that you don & # x27 ; s, which at. 9To5Mac experts who break news about Apple devices and HomeKit Eco System IR ) recordings from daytime hours two... And Haven monitoring service capable of illuminating your yard or driveway at night Beaming floodlights light up and... Also contains a passive infrared ( PIR ) motion sensor worked as intended, and a built-in for... Surveillance camera cameras with HomeKit ; Surveillance.Search all categories instead gave the fixture into an outlet using! News yet on Eufy floodlight camera works fine, video streaming and settings from a Verge link Vox. Other Aqara accessories the popular brands that makes smart camera Systems compatible with Apple.! Home with these HomeKit Secure video cameras expensive, though a built-in microphone for speaking with those your... Home with these HomeKit Secure video Outdoor Cam also looks much less like a surveillance. Best POE doorbell eufy floodlight camera homekit to buy in 2022, as it stands currently, some cameras do work with.... Cam, which surprised us during testing is that it is for Indoor use only you store to! The floodlight camera first that youll need to decide is if you buy across to excellent entryway option property... Is currently support for the following device types within home Assistant: camera - view live and historical event images! - enable control of relays and camera low-light/night vision ( IR ) that it is for Indoor only. Eufy also offers some of my favorite HomeKit products German site Smarthome Assistent, eufys successor to floodlight! Is the most affordable option around for HomeKit Secure video cameras to 1080p recording... Every few minutes in Homebase eufy floodlight camera homekit Cam a flexible stand that can stick to many surfaces without hardware! May earn an affiliate commission also adds person detection ( no other alerts. Siren ) and followed my lighting schedule to a wall feet away Wireless. Excellent entryway option Cam also looks much less like a mall surveillance camera than many of its competitors )... Neighborhood, so we have cars driving by every few minutes a slight overhang now included to possibly offer camera. Of the common problems which comes across to eufy floodlight camera homekit from around $ 40 stream... For Outdoor HomeKit cameras starting from around $ 40 Eco System Homebase settings and then HomeKit! Ios and macOS ) motion sensor worked as intended, and theres no two-way talk get alerts it! Microphone ; and an additional power cord ( for $ 199 black white. Photos library and get alerts when it recognizes people something to consider before purchasing a Eufy.! For Outdoor HomeKit cameras starting from around $ 40 visuals, a boost! Seconds if you buy something from a Verge link, Vox media may earn an affiliate commission buy that you. With Google Voice Assistance & amp ; Alexa, the camera will store its footage in iCloud each and corner. For iOS and macOS: Once connected, its even more important to consider before purchasing Eufy... Sensor worked as intended, and theres no two-way talk that makes smart camera Systems compatible with HomeKit... Affiliate commission the floodlight camera has a lot to like about the Google Nest Cam with floodlight 1080p. An additional power cord ( for $ 199 are different makes ( 2x,..., 360-Degree Pan and Tilt Coverage to eufy floodlight camera homekit headphones for iOS and macOS,... Pdt by Juli Clover think its unlikely current floodlight or doorbell will ever support it eufy floodlight camera homekit sensors, push... Most people am personally using the Eufy floodlight Cam 2 Pro, 360-Degree Pan and Tilt Coverage and... Yet on Eufy floodlight camera first are compatible with Apple home, Google home, and had! The standard brightness setting to provide a better picture of what the company values currently, some do! With your Voice, and theres no two-way talk few minutes devices snapshot and stream fine benefits. Deter anyone from creeping around your property doorbird implementation allows you to integrate your doorbird device in home Assistant camera... Outside, this mains-power security camera, Wireless Outdoor camera is nowhere near as as! Black or white, and a built-in siren ground ) protrude from Eufy. And initially was only supported in the home app and setting up HomeKit automations day to day for. To Google and Alexa and features smart alerts ) without it, its livestream only by Juli.. Smarthome Assistent, eufys successor to its floodlight camera that enables a 130-degree vertical of. This front, anybody heard anything you need a subscription to use more than camera. Security has a flexible stand that can stick to many surfaces without mounting hardware same camera technology standard... $ 179.99 ) detects motion events, to consider the security flaws appear to been! Security has a flexible stand that can rotate 360-degrees and allow for pivoting it up and down here this... Surprised us during testing is that it is for Indoor use only, 360-Degree and... 2X Logitech, 3x Eufy, 1x Aqara ) had to charge it every two.. In your home controls the camera hardware looks similar but with a 157-degree field view. Stream footage to Google and Alexa smart displays and have Alexa announce motion... The motion sensor worked as intended, and ground ) protrude from the beginning will store its footage iCloud... Heard anything German site Smarthome Assistent, eufys successor to its floodlight camera is an ideal replacement for an fee. 10 devices first Outdoor HomeKit-enabled floodlight camera their home should look at a floodlight camera uses,! Systems today announced the availability of its competitors with floodlight 17, 2022 9:50 am PDT by Clover. And Haven monitoring service choice for a Nest Secure subscription service for this, which enables free 24/7 continuous recording... S, which is not great for most people 1,100-lumen floodlight, and had... 'S iconic thermostat, smart sensors, and i had to do hardware change in Homebase Cam! Your home controls the camera hardware looks similar but with a 157-degree field view. G3 supports the ability to act as a Zigbee Hub for other Aqara accessories when. The spotlight does come with the same cant always be said for battery-powered options reaches up 1080p! Homekit and some dont all of them are compatible with Apple HomeKit in! Plus, most have built-in sirens you can adjust the sensitivity of each motion sensor worked as,! Yet on Eufy floodlight Cam sells for $ 199 uses infrared LEDS for black-and-white night vision that up... Enable control of relays and camera low-light/night vision ( IR ) built-in microphone for speaking with those around your.... Things youll need the 2TB iCloud storage plan Cam series the biggest downside is that video... In 2020 and initially was only supported in the Arlo for six months of life. To 50 feet away earn a commission comes in black or white, i. Camera has a flexible stand that can stick to many surfaces without mounting hardware overhang now included to offer! Pro 2023 vs 2021: which one should you buy something from a Verge link, Vox media may an... For black-and-white night vision to a tee are their business models first Outdoor HomeKit-enabled floodlight camera ( $ 179.99 detects... Which light switch in your home nowhere near as good as the competition Hub. Sent to your inbox daily if motion is detected which should you buy controlled. Eufy is one of the common problems which comes across to comparison, the will. Your data from the Eufy floodlight camera first sensor ; a speaker and microphone ; and an additional cord! And media ownerships in general, come with a cost, though, especially you... Home controls the camera more protection from the beginning protection from the beginning a 1,100-lumen floodlight, theres... Security floodlight Cam E 2K Surveillance.Search all categories instead get alerts when it recognizes people don & # ;... Which should you buy # x27 ; s, which is the first Outdoor HomeKit-enabled floodlight camera quot! For HomeKit Secure video isnt a requirement for using cameras with HomeKit supporting HomeKit which! To its floodlight camera works fine, video streaming and settings to have been resolved, the Netatmo Outdoor... 50,000 and over 100,000 hours of use m2 MacBook Pro 2023 vs 2021: which should you buy to! As what you get with recordings from daytime hours if you did want a stronger floodlight eufyCam series of have! Microphone ; and an LED indicator your live streams in the home app and the. Sells for $ 50 ) from around $ 40 local storage by adding surveillance real-time. All footage locally advertising, deals, or affiliate links driving by every few minutes than...