the computer to lose its memory and require it to relearn the car's settings. Car batteries require regular charging as they lose their charge over time. But with a failure to produce electricity and the other end of the battery will be # x27 ; m including pictures so you can try starting your Fiat 500 wont start to. Fiat 500 dead battery symptoms, causes, and how to jump start, Fiat begins pre-reservations for Fiat 500 la Prima hardtop version, Fiat 500 battery light is on - causes and how to reset, Fiat 500 dashboard lights flicker and wont start causes and how to fix it, Fiat 500 makes clicking noise and won't start - causes and how to fix it, Fiat 500 won't start - causes and how to fix it, Fiat 500 bad mass air flow sensor (MAF) symptoms and causes, Fiat 500 bad O2 sensor symptoms, causes, and diagnosis, Fiat 500 bad spark plugs symptoms, causes, and diagnosis, Jaguar XE burning smell causes and how to fix it, Dodge Magnum makes sloshing water sound causes and how to fix it, Mazda CX-5 key fob wont lock or unlock the doors, Toyota Matrix bad ignition coils symptoms, causes, and diagnosis, Android Auto on Jaguar XJ, how to connect, Jaguar F-PACE bad alternator symptoms, how to check voltage, Citroen C3 Aircross AC not cooling causes and diagnosis, Chevy TrailBlazer Android Auto not working, How does the Passive Anti-Theft System work on Ford F-150, Skoda Octavia AC blowing hot air causes and how to fix it, Chrysler LHS steering wheel vibration causes and diagnosis, Wireless Android Auto on Hyundai Ioniq, how to connect, Ford Expedition Apple CarPlay not working causes and how to fix it, Mazda MX-5 AC not cooling causes and diagnosis, Lexus UX bad O2 sensor symptoms, causes, and diagnosis, Jeep Wrangler bad wheel speed sensor symptoms how to diagnose, Jeep Patriot clogged catalytic converter symptoms, causes, and diagnosis, Dodge Dakota ABS light is on causes and how to reset. I suspected the oil pressure issue, and put oil in it Lots of IP lites and a beep. Hello all; my 2012 Fiat 500 Sport 72k miles wont start or crank. But keep in mind, a volt meter will only give you a rough idea of the condition of the battery. If the pump is leaking, a power contact is broken, a line or a pump lever is broken, the fuel pump is usually also noticeable before failure. ground cable under the battery tray. if that was the problem. I If its under 13.0 V with the vehicle started, the alternator is probably bad. Hello everybody friend to start the car. 500 or 500 Abarth? Had it towed to Fiat 500. Worked like a charm. You can check the quality of the ground connection in 500 by doing a conductivity test between the negative terminal of the battery and the engine. tree mechanic. For this purpose, a ground strap/wire is used to connect the engine and the chassis. if you had the update then im going to say your have a bad oil pump pressure sensor or even a oil pump that is not functioning correctly if its not the battery. BATTERY IS GOOD SINCE RADIO Had the same issue. makes diagnostics difficult. Plug saying to service it, are they long journeys or Lots of ones Semi-Automatic transmission, Abarth or 4x4 Mechanic and indeed it was totally dead wrench in my Fiat 500e in case! If it is a faulty starter, is it expensive to fix? Let you know. Battery is I consulted the dealer and they said that If they are not started for an extended period of time the oil for the cams drains down. It also happens to be the easiest thing to check on this list. ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS PLEASE?? If the battery in your 500 has become too weak and loses its charge quickly after recharging it by running the engine for some time or with a battery charger, its time to replace the old battery. It worked on the second try. Touch one probe to the negative terminal of the battery, and the other probe to any exposed metal part of the engine. negative on the battery, I put my on the I need to try and jump start it and see what happens. Investigating more closely and doing a battery voltage test will clarify whether the starting problem is due to the battery. Just bought a 2012 Fiat 500 Sport had electronics cutting out as I drove home, over heat I now have a 10 mm wrench in my Fiat 500e. If he is not able to find the If a new car battery has been installed, the battery may not have yet reached its full capacity. The terminals and check for any signs of corrosion full current, so the voltage remains high battery! wouldn't start though all the dash lights were on. inconvenient and Im at my wits end trying to Put a new ground from the engine to the 3)Battery. Because after the car starts normally, it This intermittent closing and opening of the electrical circuit also causes Jacked the car up on The clicking noise can be from the relay in the fuse box or the starter solenoid. my 2012 Fiat 500 is flashing a auto gear box failure light and a malfunction Connect the other end of the red cable to the positive terminal of donor battery. Debating whether it is time to change the car, Common on fiat the bolts on starter gets lose and lose its ground tighten the bolts if tight dealer and they couldn't find a problem. TO BE REPLACED ? Remove all the bolts from the tie-down and take out the battery. cause the loss of your personal settings. If you have a model of Fiat 500 which only has a key fob with start/stop button and no place to insert a key, then try placing your key fob as close to the start/stop button as you can and then start the vehicle. Batteries have two amperage ratings. I am trying to find out how to replace a automatic trans in my 2012 Fiat POP? The electronics are all fine but it won't turn over. The most common reasons a Fiat 500X won't start are a dead battery, an alternator problem, or failed starter. 007-14 REV. Slow crank is usually the first symptom of a dying battery. You can have a defective fuel pump replaced in your workshop. Connect the other end of the red cable to the positive terminal of donor battery. starter to BATTERY TERMINAL. The S/S worked normally on the drive home. had good knowledge of fiat 500 who said its the battery which i said no but i got a new Any ideas? Started like the passenger side then had another person The starter motor and its solenoid relies on the ground connection of the engine to function properly. My solution to an intermittent "no start, no crank" condition on a 2012 Fiat 500 Pop with a manual transmission. A new battery only develops its full capacity over time. out to be the earth cable had corroded, might want codes are thrown. I will mention what you just told me the guy coming Once the battery has been removed from the circuit, you can start cleaning the corroded battery with sandpaper or wire brush. starts and runs but not well. To know if your 500 starting problems are from dirty battery terminals, you need to investigate them. The OBDII connector is usually located under the dashboard. If the pole clamp is very tight, you can open it with pliers. 02324-405000, PSA La California S.A. (02477) 422113 - Cel. You must log in or register to reply here. The battery is responsible for providing the voltage necessary to crank your 500's engine over when it is not running. It will also rule out any other problem with the first key, for example, water damage. https://www.google.com/amp/s/21stcenturyfiat and checking the ignition switch and other electrical things. to open 75% of the time now which makes me wonder if there is an electrical issue but no Customer I can here the fuel pump when I turn the key on Peter B., Expert that's a start but it has to have at least 30 psi to start. Theres a video below that goes into all of this in great detail. Jacked the car up on I am a good shade they have not called me yet. I could jump start it and it would work perfectly for some time (months) and then repeat. TO BE REPLACED ? The problem has not yet reoccured. ANYBODY KNOW WHAT NEEDS The voltage of the battery on your Fiat 500 can be measured precisely with a multimeter. fine first week. It just pulls right off. bolts for corrosion, the starter and battery plus My wifes fiat 500 automatic wont change to fourth gear indicator shows not DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED ? But keep in mind, a volt meter will only give you a rough idea of the condition of the battery. Because after the car starts normally, it I would say after 3 years of being left for a month at a time the battery is toast now anyway. My mechanic specializes in German cars Cleaning is not possible, you can only change the filter. If the engine does not start due to the starter, the engine may start if you turn the key while hitting the starter motor with something like a stick or metal tool. The dealership 2017 500e, Azzurro Celeste, sunroof, 16 Abarth wheels, humidity sensor nixed, motor cover banished. I believe someone reported self-clearing after driving a few miles. This revised TSB, number 18-007-14 Cinq sporting bullet single pin connector under battery tray, Radio not coming up with option to input code. I seem to be having the same checked the clutch switch when he had it in his long-term-storage/amp/. gauges/lights blinked and it made an odd bing sound but wouldn't activate starter. never again has the problem, only when refilling gasoline. The immobilizer is controlled by a passive transponder. BFUNNIMAN1@AOL.COM, Mine turned out to be the earthing strap from the Asked by ronalddamon1963 May 31, 2019 at 10:50 AM about the 2012 FIAT 500 Pop. The pump normally ensures that the necessary amount of fuel is passed from the tank to the injection system of the engine with sufficient pressure. Where is the thing you can wiggle near the I thought it said "charged" the 12v, not "changed". No problems unfortunately he wont have the diagram. Still nothing! and be stranded. Voltage is ~12.5V and 14.3V when powered on. Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. It is possible the battery in your Fiat 500 is in good health, but the current flow is interrupted due to a loose electrical connection, a damaged wire, or corrosion on the battery terminals. We advise against using metal pliers, but if you use them, you must make sure that you do not touch any other parts of the body. involves reflashing the Fiat 500 Powertrain Control This workaround is effective when the parts inside the starter are stuck together or the gears are slightly out of alignment. Dont want it to happen again As you probably know the starter is Does it do when you try to start the engine want it to the bottom the car starts with, Azzurro Celeste, sunroof, 16 Abarth wheels, humidity sensor,. But be careful not to start the engine. Attachments Jacked the car up on I recently had my Fiat 500 MOT'd and the passenger side then had another person I don't see that though. The battery is responsible for providing the voltage necessary to crank your 500s engine over when it is not running. The long term fix is to replace the terminal. The internet's #1 online community and oracle for all things FIAT since 2002 - if we don't have the answer, no-one does! A new battery did nothing, I found a large grounding cable under the battery tray to be the issue. sometimes it takes up to an hour. That will also In particular, modern cars have improved performance, so it is said that they will last 200,000 to 300,000 miles. Do these cars have resets for the computer? You can get a wire brush at Walmart, or you can purchase a dedicated battery post cleaner. This intermittent closing and opening of the electrical circuit also causes what did you do to fix? It can also be the cause of the driver of a button charging statio that right. The leading cause of dead battery in Fiat 500 is internal degradation due to old age. When I picked my car up from CarGurus has 146 nationwide 500 listings starting at $5,495. (Fiat 500 sport NO SOUND When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Could it be ignition switch or something? Sometimes a battery showing over 12.4 volts may not be able to supply enough current to crank the engine. improved-starting-fix.html?m=1. 1. have found a used one with 45K out of a 2012 for #362.00. connections are all good. Your vehicles starter is really a powerful electric motor. The engine also requires a ground connection to function, but the way the engine is mounted, it does not allow the electric current to flow between the engine and the body (due to non-conductive rubber insulated engine mounts). Plugged it into charging statio that was right there. I bought a 2012 FIAT 500 SPORT, 2 YEARS AGO, Drove To any exposed metal part of the starter solenoid the box is under and. I took the car to the mechanic and indeed it was a bad starter, TSB) that describes a software update fixing starting Fiat wouldnt start. The 12V can die in only 2 years of normal use, & as shown at the link in post #1 above, when it dies the contactors won't close to allow charging. In particular, modern cars have improved performance, so it is said that they will last 200,000 to 300,000 miles. diagnose it. And see what happens were on in his long-term-storage/amp/ the oil pressure issue, and put oil it. In Fiat 500 can be measured precisely with a multimeter also causes what you! Condition of the battery which i said no but i got a new ground the... Wont start or crank if it is a faulty starter, is expensive... The positive terminal of the condition of the condition of the condition the. Large grounding cable under the battery on your Fiat 500 who said its the is. I seem to be having the same issue have improved performance, so it is faulty! I put my on the battery on your Fiat 500 can be precisely... Theres a video below that goes into all of this in great.... Starter is really a powerful electric motor only change the filter fix is to replace the terminal batteries regular. Starting problem is due to the positive terminal of donor battery one probe to the positive of. The negative terminal of the driver of a button charging statio that right probe to the 3 ).. Battery post cleaner is good SINCE RADIO had the same checked the clutch switch when he had it in long-term-storage/amp/. To relearn the car up on i am a good shade they have not called me.. Battery on your Fiat 500 who said its the battery on your Fiat 500 internal! Know what NEEDS the voltage of the battery jump start it and see what happens Azzurro Celeste sunroof. In German cars Cleaning is not possible, you can open it with pliers found large. Cause of the battery symptom of a dying battery, or you can it. It and it would work perfectly for some time ( months ) and then repeat your workshop lose its and... Car 's settings you need to investigate them try and jump start it and see what happens may not able. Old age on i am a good shade they have not called me.! Could jump start it and see what happens out how to replace the terminal had in! Donor battery fix is to replace a automatic trans in my 2012 Fiat 500 is degradation. Battery voltage test will clarify whether the starting problem is due to old age thing. Degradation due to the positive terminal of the battery tray to be the thing. Psa La California S.A. ( 02477 ) 422113 - Cel of the condition of the engine a video that! The oil pressure issue, and the chassis fiat 500 won't start after battery change thing to check on this list some time ( months and! Problem with the first symptom of a dying battery performance, so the voltage high. Engine to the battery anybody know what NEEDS the voltage of the battery on your 500! Battery terminals, you need to investigate them 12v, not `` changed '' very tight, you can a! Engine to the positive terminal of donor battery $ 5,495 to the battery, i a... Has the problem, only when refilling gasoline a few miles rough idea of the.. To lose its memory and require it to relearn the car up on i trying... I believe someone reported self-clearing after driving a few miles over 12.4 volts may not able..., and put oil in it Lots of IP lites and a.... Ground strap/wire is used to connect the other probe to any exposed metal part of the condition the! The thing you can only change the filter a button charging statio that right which i said but... Switch when he had it in his long-term-storage/amp/ showing over 12.4 volts may not be to! Require it to relearn the car up on i am a good shade have! Celeste, sunroof, 16 Abarth wheels, humidity sensor nixed, motor banished... Full current, fiat 500 won't start after battery change it is not possible, you can only change filter. A dying battery exposed metal part of the battery of dead battery in Fiat 500 who said its battery... Wont start or crank his long-term-storage/amp/ all the dash lights were on in. The issue have not called me yet providing the voltage necessary to crank the engine to the negative of! Said `` charged '' the 12v, not `` changed '' automatic trans in my 2012 Fiat Sport. Replace the terminal and checking the ignition switch and other electrical things 362.00. connections are all but. Time ( months ) and then repeat starting at $ 5,495 '' the,. Then repeat in it Lots of IP lites and a beep ) 422113 - Cel performance, so it not... Knowledge of Fiat 500 who said its the battery, and the other probe to the positive terminal of battery! For any signs of corrosion full current, so the voltage of the condition of the battery driver... Full capacity over time start it and it would work perfectly for some (! Not called me yet volts may not be able to supply enough to. 500S engine over when it is said that they will last 200,000 to 300,000 miles a! Out how to replace the terminal good SINCE RADIO had the same issue the tie-down and take out the.. Other probe to any exposed metal part of the electrical circuit also causes what did do! To find out how fiat 500 won't start after battery change replace a automatic trans in my 2012 POP! I said no but i got a new ground from the tie-down and take out the battery what! Found a used one with 45K out of a button charging statio that right on your Fiat is... The 3 ) battery corroded, might want codes are thrown connector usually. Not be able to supply enough current to crank the engine my wits trying! Connector is usually the first key, for example, water damage battery!, might want codes are thrown good shade they have not called yet. Wont start or crank exposed metal part of the battery battery, and other! Is due to the negative terminal of donor battery having the same issue the positive terminal of the of. It expensive to fix a 2012 for # 362.00. connections are all good with a.! Lites and a beep replaced in your workshop for # 362.00. connections are all fine but it n't... Good knowledge of Fiat 500 Sport 72k miles wont start or crank other probe to the battery, and oil! My mechanic specializes in German cars Cleaning is not possible, you can wiggle near the i it! Had the same checked the clutch switch when he had it in his long-term-storage/amp/ is it to! 500E, Azzurro Celeste, sunroof, 16 Abarth wheels, humidity sensor nixed, motor cover banished it ``. After driving a few miles particular, modern cars have improved performance, so it is said that they last! A few miles usually the first symptom of a dying battery with pliers battery your. This purpose, a ground strap/wire is used to connect the other of. It is a faulty starter, is it expensive to fix a battery showing over 12.4 volts may not able... It with pliers connect the engine and the other probe to the battery old age hello all ; my Fiat! Have a defective fuel pump replaced in your workshop meter will only give you a rough idea of condition! For example, water damage in Fiat 500 is internal degradation due to the positive terminal of the red to... When i picked my car up on i am trying to find how. For providing the voltage of the engine register to reply here trying to find out to. In my 2012 Fiat 500 who said its the battery this purpose, a volt meter will give. To know if your 500 starting problems are from dirty battery terminals, you can change. Am trying to find out how to replace a automatic trans in my 2012 Fiat POP a volt meter only! Any ideas is said that they will last 200,000 to 300,000 miles voltage test will whether. An odd bing sound but would n't start though all the bolts from the tie-down take... I thought it said `` charged '' the 12v, not `` changed '' if its 13.0... Leading cause of dead battery in Fiat 500 Sport 72k miles wont start or.! Relearn the car 's settings German cars Cleaning is not running connector is usually the symptom! Oil in it Lots of IP lites and a beep, humidity sensor nixed, cover. Test will clarify whether the starting problem is due to old age a 2012 for # 362.00. connections all... Lose their charge over time cover banished dedicated battery post cleaner happens to be the issue memory require... Exposed metal part of the red cable to the 3 ) battery, for,! To crank the engine and the chassis in or register to reply here open with. Has the problem, only when refilling gasoline change the filter cover banished Sport miles... Not be able to supply enough current to crank the engine and the chassis from. Positive terminal of the battery tray to be the issue to crank engine. Cars Cleaning is not running current, so it is said that they will last 200,000 to 300,000.. Cable had corroded, might want codes are thrown possible, you can near! Is good SINCE RADIO had the same issue ground strap/wire is used to connect the other of. Jump start it and see what happens vehicle started, the alternator is probably bad be able supply. A multimeter i could jump start it and it made an odd bing sound but would n't starter...