It accomplishes this by utilizing a Gateron Milky Yellow top housing in combination with a black bottom housing. -The tactile bump of the Novelkeys Cream Tactiles feels noticeably sunken compared to the Root Beer Floats in that it both takes place quite a bit later in the overall stroke of the switch and doesnt seem to punch with quite the same amount of force. Their LEDs are attached to a rectangular printed circuit board (PCB). After a couple of weeks with them, I'm beginning to feel that they are just a little too stiff for me (50g operating - 63g bottom). - Do they really need any introduction? Im honored to have them as an affiliate and think you should check them out using my affiliate link above to support both them and I when you check out their awesome products! Espousing love for switch such as Invokeys Matcha Lattes and Blueberry Chiffons, PuNkShoO sought to develop a long pole, light tactility switch made by Aflion in the classic polycarbonate over nylon housing design. ._3Z6MIaeww5ZxzFqWHAEUxa{margin-top:8px}._3Z6MIaeww5ZxzFqWHAEUxa ._3EpRuHW1VpLFcj-lugsvP_{color:inherit}._3Z6MIaeww5ZxzFqWHAEUxa svg._31U86fGhtxsxdGmOUf3KOM{color:inherit;fill:inherit;padding-right:8px}._3Z6MIaeww5ZxzFqWHAEUxa ._2mk9m3mkUAeEGtGQLNCVsJ{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:18px;color:inherit} While it is very likely that PuNkShoO joined the hobby a bit earlier than June of 2022 based on the introductory post of his alluding to a few prior keyboard builds, the scattered nature of community platforms at the time of writing this review in 2023 makes pinning an exact date down a bit harder. They don't cost a lot, but are they worth the hype? Hello all, I'm Koro and I've got some wares to sell! Gateron Yellow Manufacturer: Gateron Brand: Gateron A very well priced but often hard to get hold of switch. At the highest level, the Gateron Root Beer Float switches come in a milky over translucent brown color scheme with cream-colored stem similar to that of their namesake drink as well as the Gateron Cream Sodas before them. Figure 3: Gateron Cream Soda promotional image from Geekhack groupbuy page. Its also worth noting here, as well, that the willingness to both talk about factory errors in the switch design process as well as actually share them with the larger community is a trait that PuNkShoO seems to have championed as part of his brand. Changing the switches on my first hotswappable keyboard, the RK61. Yes. Gateron Milky Pro Switch Set. The Runners, on the other hand, were marketed as normal tactile switches with nylon housings, a long-pole POM stem, and slightly heavier 70g bottom out, dual-stage spring. While scratchiness does more than its fair share to impact the out of the box push feeling of the Root Beer Floats, in comes to another level here, adding spring ping and some poppy bottoming out into the mix that pulls from an otherwise balanced bottom out and tactile bump pairing. ._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS{background-color:#fff;box-shadow:0 0 0 1px rgba(0,0,0,.1),0 2px 3px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.2);transition:left .15s linear;border-radius:57%;width:57%}._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS:after{content:"";padding-top:100%;display:block}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-pack:start;justify-content:flex-start;background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-navIconFaded10);border:2px solid transparent;border-radius:100px;cursor:pointer;position:relative;width:35px;transition:border-color .15s linear,background-color .15s linear}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._3kUvbpMbR21zJBboDdBH7D{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-navIconFaded10)}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._3kUvbpMbR21zJBboDdBH7D._1L5kUnhRYhUJ4TkMbOTKkI{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-active)}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._3kUvbpMbR21zJBboDdBH7D._1L5kUnhRYhUJ4TkMbOTKkI._3clF3xRMqSWmoBQpXv8U5z{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-buttonAlpha10)}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1asGWL2_XadHoBuUlNArOq{border-width:2.25px;height:24px;width:37.5px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1asGWL2_XadHoBuUlNArOq ._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS{height:19.5px;width:19.5px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1hku5xiXsbqzLmszstPyR3{border-width:3px;height:32px;width:50px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1hku5xiXsbqzLmszstPyR3 ._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS{height:26px;width:26px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._10hZCcuqkss2sf5UbBMCSD{border-width:3.75px;height:40px;width:62.5px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._10hZCcuqkss2sf5UbBMCSD ._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS{height:32.5px;width:32.5px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1fCdbQCDv6tiX242k80-LO{border-width:4.5px;height:48px;width:75px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1fCdbQCDv6tiX242k80-LO ._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS{height:39px;width:39px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._2Jp5Pv4tgpAsTcnUzTsXgO{border-width:5.25px;height:56px;width:87.5px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._2Jp5Pv4tgpAsTcnUzTsXgO ._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS{height:45.5px;width:45.5px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1L5kUnhRYhUJ4TkMbOTKkI{-ms-flex-pack:end;justify-content:flex-end;background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-active)}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._3clF3xRMqSWmoBQpXv8U5z{cursor:default}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._3clF3xRMqSWmoBQpXv8U5z ._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS{box-shadow:none}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1L5kUnhRYhUJ4TkMbOTKkI._3clF3xRMqSWmoBQpXv8U5z{background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-buttonAlpha10)} While each of the components, individually, do align fairly closely with colors and designs used in other switches such as Gateron KS-3-X1s, Phantom Browns, and X V2s, the combination of such is unique relative to all other modern switches that Ive come across to date. They are very similar to normal Gateron switches except they come with a different housing design. New pin Root Beer Floats, however, have a much visually thicker pin that has a thin vertical split running down the entire length of the pin as can be seen below. Brand: Gateron. Interestingly, I had always tacitly assumed the anticounterfeit stamp to be something that came alongside only pure Ink family switches or as something present in fully mold-updated switches which also feature an inverted nameplate on the top housings. .LalRrQILNjt65y-p-QlWH{fill:var(--newRedditTheme-actionIcon);height:18px;width:18px}.LalRrQILNjt65y-p-QlWH rect{stroke:var(--newRedditTheme-metaText)}._3J2-xIxxxP9ISzeLWCOUVc{height:18px}.FyLpt0kIWG1bTDWZ8HIL1{margin-top:4px}._2ntJEAiwKXBGvxrJiqxx_2,._1SqBC7PQ5dMOdF0MhPIkA8{vertical-align:middle}._1SqBC7PQ5dMOdF0MhPIkA8{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-inline-flexbox;display:inline-flex;-ms-flex-direction:row;flex-direction:row;-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center} While the exact specific details are a bit cloudy to me still, an early set of factory samples of Gateron Cream Sodas were received by PuNkShoO with an incorrect spring of unknown weight instead of the 63g. Following streams and videos from quite a few content creators such as Georen, Tofu_Types, Starfirepenguin, ItsFireWire, and more, a noticeable amount of community excitement grew around these switches leading up to their groupbuy from September 22nd to October 16th of 2022. When asked about this, PuNkShoO responded quite positively overall, and not wanting to lose any bit of the passion behind this response, the following was his take on openly sharing factory errors and prototypes: I think its fun. Next Time 75 is the yellow with black . Go build your latest or greatest one right now with them by using code GOAT at checkout for a 5% discount! (L-R, Top-Bot: Gateron Holy Panda X, Neapolitan Ice Cream, Lubed Invokeys Blueberry Chiffon, Momoka Shark, Novelkeys Cream Tactile, and Musetsu). /*# sourceMappingURL=https://www.redditstatic.com/desktop2x/chunkCSS/IdCard.ea0ac1df4e6491a16d39_.css.map*/._2JU2WQDzn5pAlpxqChbxr7{height:16px;margin-right:8px;width:16px}._3E45je-29yDjfFqFcLCXyH{margin-top:16px}._13YtS_rCnVZG1ns2xaCalg{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:18px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex}._1m5fPZN4q3vKVg9SgU43u2{margin-top:12px}._17A-IdW3j1_fI_pN-8tMV-{display:inline-block;margin-bottom:8px;margin-right:5px}._5MIPBF8A9vXwwXFumpGqY{border-radius:20px;font-size:12px;font-weight:500;letter-spacing:0;line-height:16px;padding:3px 10px;text-transform:none}._5MIPBF8A9vXwwXFumpGqY:focus{outline:unset} Switched over to the POM plate so getting rid of this one. ._12xlue8dQ1odPw1J81FIGQ{display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle} ._1LHxa-yaHJwrPK8kuyv_Y4{width:100%}._1LHxa-yaHJwrPK8kuyv_Y4:hover ._31L3r0EWsU0weoMZvEJcUA{display:none}._1LHxa-yaHJwrPK8kuyv_Y4 ._31L3r0EWsU0weoMZvEJcUA,._1LHxa-yaHJwrPK8kuyv_Y4:hover ._11Zy7Yp4S1ZArNqhUQ0jZW{display:block}._1LHxa-yaHJwrPK8kuyv_Y4 ._11Zy7Yp4S1ZArNqhUQ0jZW{display:none} -In terms of tactility, the Blueberry Chiffons and Root Beer Floats are on opposite ends of the spectrum. Come see what they sound like (stock and lubed), and compared to red/black linear switches!STUFF IN THIS VIDEO Gateron Milky Yellow Switches (with black bottoms) here: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_9xYa87 OR ON AMAZON NOW! As you can tell, I chose to do this for the Gateron Root Beer Floats, but then proceeded to write a full-length review rather than fulfilling that promise early on. Figure 6: Gateron Root Beer Float promotional image from Geekhack Groupbuy page. Comes built. The milky-yellow cap switch's backlight ( W S X ) is less bright than the normal red switch. Whereas Blueberry Chiffons have a short tactile bump that is very light in peak tactile force, the Root Beer Floats feel as if they have a much larger and snappier tactile bump. -Fresh out of the box, the Gateron Holy Panda X switches are quite a bit smoother than the Gateron Root Beer Float switches. Will also give out the rest of the red keycap set. Gateron Milky Top Black Bottom Switch Set. Wanting to be thorough in documenting all of his switch releases to date, though, lets start all the way from the top. It is worth noting that while this is uncommon broadly speaking, I feel as if I have been seeing this design feature crop up more frequently in stems over the past handful of months of reviewing switches. Less common among all modern switches, though, is the pair of angled capes on the bottom edges of the backplate of the stem. -At 51,000 actuations, without any aftermarket modifications the spring ping especially begins to pick up steam and override some of the general sound of the Gateron Root Beer Floats. ._2Gt13AX94UlLxkluAMsZqP{background-position:50%;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-size:contain;position:relative;display:inline-block} Fairly used, some scuffs on it. Much to PuNkShoOs credit, I am rather impressed with how he has managed to capture such a wide swathe of interest from the community with his switch designs in such a short amount of time. Zeal and crew kicked off the custom switch scene many years ago with their iconic Zealios switches and the story of switches today couldnt be told without them. The presence of just the anticounterfeit stamp and not the inverted nameplate in both the Cream Sodas and Root Beer Floats implicates these housings as being made using explicit Ink-bottom housing molds. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Check the Universal Scammer List & Scamwatch META, especially before Trades or Purchases, Be Cautious of Trades / Offers that are too good to be True, Requests to Go Off-Platform, and Always Request Comprehensive Timestamps. ._38lwnrIpIyqxDfAF1iwhcV{background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-lineColor);border:none;height:1px;margin:16px 0}._37coyt0h8ryIQubA7RHmUc{margin-top:12px;padding-top:12px}._2XJvPvYIEYtcS4ORsDXwa3,._2Vkdik1Q8k0lBEhhA_lRKE,.icon._2Vkdik1Q8k0lBEhhA_lRKE{border-radius:100%;box-sizing:border-box;-ms-flex:none;flex:none;margin-right:8px}._2Vkdik1Q8k0lBEhhA_lRKE,.icon._2Vkdik1Q8k0lBEhhA_lRKE{background-position:50%;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-size:100%;height:54px;width:54px;font-size:54px;line-height:54px}._2Vkdik1Q8k0lBEhhA_lRKE._1uo2TG25LvAJS3bl-u72J4,.icon._2Vkdik1Q8k0lBEhhA_lRKE._1uo2TG25LvAJS3bl-u72J4{filter:blur()}.eGjjbHtkgFc-SYka3LM3M,.icon.eGjjbHtkgFc-SYka3LM3M{border-radius:100%;box-sizing:border-box;-ms-flex:none;flex:none;margin-right:8px;background-position:50%;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-size:100%;height:36px;width:36px}.eGjjbHtkgFc-SYka3LM3M._1uo2TG25LvAJS3bl-u72J4,.icon.eGjjbHtkgFc-SYka3LM3M._1uo2TG25LvAJS3bl-u72J4{filter:blur()}._3nzVPnRRnrls4DOXO_I0fn{margin:auto 0 auto auto;padding-top:10px;vertical-align:middle}._3nzVPnRRnrls4DOXO_I0fn ._1LAmcxBaaqShJsi8RNT-Vp i{color:unset}._2bWoGvMqVhMWwhp4Pgt4LP{margin:16px 0;font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px}.icon.tWeTbHFf02PguTEonwJD0{margin-right:4px;vertical-align:top}._2AbGMsrZJPHrLm9e-oyW1E{width:180px;text-align:center}.icon._1cB7-TWJtfCxXAqqeyVb2q{cursor:pointer;margin-left:6px;height:14px;fill:#dadada;font-size:12px;vertical-align:middle}.hpxKmfWP2ZiwdKaWpefMn{background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-active);background-size:cover;background-image:var(--newCommunityTheme-banner-backgroundImage);background-position-y:center;background-position-x:center;background-repeat:no-repeat;border-radius:3px 3px 0 0;height:34px;margin:-12px -12px 10px}._20Kb6TX_CdnePoT8iEsls6{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin-bottom:8px}._20Kb6TX_CdnePoT8iEsls6>*{display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle}.t9oUK2WY0d28lhLAh3N5q{margin-top:-23px}._2KqgQ5WzoQRJqjjoznu22o{display:inline-block;-ms-flex-negative:0;flex-shrink:0;position:relative}._2D7eYuDY6cYGtybECmsxvE{-ms-flex:1 1 auto;flex:1 1 auto;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis}._2D7eYuDY6cYGtybECmsxvE:hover{text-decoration:underline}._19bCWnxeTjqzBElWZfIlJb{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px;display:inline-block}._2TC7AdkcuxFIFKRO_VWis8{margin-left:10px;margin-top:30px}._2TC7AdkcuxFIFKRO_VWis8._35WVFxUni5zeFkPk7O4iiB{margin-top:35px}._1LAmcxBaaqShJsi8RNT-Vp{padding:0 2px 0 4px;vertical-align:middle}._2BY2-wxSbNFYqAy98jWyTC{margin-top:10px}._3sGbDVmLJd_8OV8Kfl7dVv{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:21px;margin-top:8px;word-wrap:break-word}._1qiHDKK74j6hUNxM0p9ZIp{margin-top:12px}.Jy6FIGP1NvWbVjQZN7FHA,._326PJFFRv8chYfOlaEYmGt,._1eMniuqQCoYf3kOpyx83Jj,._1cDoUuVvel5B1n5wa3K507{-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center;margin-top:12px;width:100%}._1eMniuqQCoYf3kOpyx83Jj{margin-bottom:8px}._2_w8DCFR-DCxgxlP1SGNq5{margin-right:4px;vertical-align:middle}._1aS-wQ7rpbcxKT0d5kjrbh{border-radius:4px;display:inline-block;padding:4px}._2cn386lOe1A_DTmBUA-qSM{border-top:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-lineColor);margin-top:10px}._2Zdkj7cQEO3zSGHGK2XnZv{display:inline-block}.wzFxUZxKK8HkWiEhs0tyE{font-size:12px;font-weight:700;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);cursor:pointer;text-align:left;margin-top:2px}._3R24jLERJTaoRbM_vYd9v0._3R24jLERJTaoRbM_vYd9v0._3R24jLERJTaoRbM_vYd9v0{display:none}.yobE-ux_T1smVDcFMMKFv{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px}._1vPW2g721nsu89X6ojahiX{margin-top:12px}._pTJqhLm_UAXS5SZtLPKd{text-transform:none} 1. bottom out, gold plated long spring marketed in the interest check. Also likely the most niche reference I've managed to shoehorn into any review to date. -Not only do they stock just about everything related to keyboards and switches, but theyre super friendly and ship out pretty quick too. I do like the Gateron Reds but Gateron Yellows are just my favorites! If you have any questions feel free to ask! While I am definitely not against switches that are designed with the explicit intent of being modified upon receipt, something which makes sense if they were inspired by frankenswitches from the start, either the price point needs to be reflective of that or the stock switches should have the fullest capabilities of that factory behind them at the price they are at. My answer only further doubles down to Absolutely Not when I consider that Gateron has demonstrated that they are capable of stopping more or less all of the unsavory aspects of the Root Beer Floats on their production line and at a lower price point in existing top-tier premium offerings. ._1QwShihKKlyRXyQSlqYaWW{height:16px;width:16px;vertical-align:bottom}._2X6EB3ZhEeXCh1eIVA64XM{margin-left:3px}._1jNPl3YUk6zbpLWdjaJT1r{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;border-radius:2px;display:inline-block;margin-right:5px;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;vertical-align:text-bottom;white-space:pre;word-break:normal;padding:0 4px}._1jNPl3YUk6zbpLWdjaJT1r._39BEcWjOlYi1QGcJil6-yl{padding:0}._2hSecp_zkPm_s5ddV2htoj{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;border-radius:2px;display:inline-block;margin-right:5px;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;vertical-align:text-bottom;white-space:pre;word-break:normal;margin-left:0;padding:0 4px}._2hSecp_zkPm_s5ddV2htoj._39BEcWjOlYi1QGcJil6-yl{padding:0}._1wzhGvvafQFOWAyA157okr{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;border-radius:2px;margin-right:5px;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;vertical-align:text-bottom;white-space:pre;word-break:normal;box-sizing:border-box;line-height:14px;padding:0 4px}._3BPVpMSn5b1vb1yTQuqCRH,._1wzhGvvafQFOWAyA157okr{display:inline-block;height:16px}._3BPVpMSn5b1vb1yTQuqCRH{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-body);border-radius:50%;margin-left:5px;text-align:center;width:16px}._2cvySYWkqJfynvXFOpNc5L{height:10px;width:10px}.aJrgrewN9C8x1Fusdx4hh{padding:2px 8px}._1wj6zoMi6hRP5YhJ8nXWXE{font-size:14px;padding:7px 12px}._2VqfzH0dZ9dIl3XWNxs42y{border-radius:20px}._2VqfzH0dZ9dIl3XWNxs42y:hover{opacity:.85}._2VqfzH0dZ9dIl3XWNxs42y:active{transform:scale(.95)} And the tight tolerance. While there is functionally zero difference between new and old pin variants as demonstrated below in the Measurements section, someone would still throw a fit if I didnt make this disclaimer. PuNkShoO has garnered quite a bit of a reputation for his switch releases in the short time that he has been designing them. ._3oeM4kc-2-4z-A0RTQLg0I{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-pack:justify;justify-content:space-between} Hence "OBO" should always be interpreted as "Or Best Offer [below the price stated]" and never as "Or Better Offer". Building off both the success and suggestions levied in his first three rounds of switch releases, PuNkShoO finally announced his latest project of the Gateron Root Beer Float tactile switches on March 24th of 2023. That being said, though, the performance is simply lacking at their premium price point, with comparable or better switches on many performance points from a Gateron perspective, a tactility perspective, and even a PuNkShoO perspective being available. (I guess that is somewhat fitting given that they both have ice cream related names). This applies to both the linear portions of their stem travel as well as the stem/leaf interaction point as well. ._1x9diBHPBP-hL1JiwUwJ5J{font-size:14px;font-weight:500;line-height:18px;color:#ff585b;padding-left:3px;padding-right:24px}._2B0OHMLKb9TXNdd9g5Ere-,._1xKxnscCn2PjBiXhorZef4{height:16px;padding-right:4px;vertical-align:top}.icon._1LLqoNXrOsaIkMtOuTBmO5{height:20px;vertical-align:middle;padding-right:8px}.QB2Yrr8uihZVRhvwrKuMS{height:18px;padding-right:8px;vertical-align:top}._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0{font-size:14px;font-weight:500;line-height:18px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 ._1LLqoNXrOsaIkMtOuTBmO5,._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 ._2B0OHMLKb9TXNdd9g5Ere-,._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 ._1xKxnscCn2PjBiXhorZef4,._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 .QB2Yrr8uihZVRhvwrKuMS{fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)} Figure 19: Switches for comparison. Or at least, thats what the sales thread explicity states. Matt has gone out of his way to help me build out big parts of my collection, and buying something using this link supports him as well as my content! ._2a172ppKObqWfRHr8eWBKV{-ms-flex-negative:0;flex-shrink:0;margin-right:8px}._39-woRduNuowN7G4JTW4I8{margin-top:12px}._136QdRzXkGKNtSQ-h1fUru{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin:8px 0;width:100%}.r51dfG6q3N-4exmkjHQg_{font-size:10px;font-weight:700;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-transform:uppercase;-ms-flex-pack:justify;justify-content:space-between;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center}.r51dfG6q3N-4exmkjHQg_,._2BnLYNBALzjH6p_ollJ-RF{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex}._2BnLYNBALzjH6p_ollJ-RF{margin-left:auto}._1-25VxiIsZFVU88qFh-T8p{padding:0}._2nxyf8XcTi2UZsUInEAcPs._2nxyf8XcTi2UZsUInEAcPs{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetTextColor)} ", "The Keychron K4 version 2 keyboard is a fantastic wireless mechanical keyboard with brown switches and the cool is that it works on both Mac and Windows devices. Thinking way too hard about it, though, I feel like the milky housings on both the Root Beer Floats and Cream Sodas are both naturally more yellow than what I recall traditional KS-3-X1 housings being, though this very well may just be a trick that my eyes are playing on me. The Feker IK75 Pro 3 is a top-of-the-line mechanical keyboard. Not only is their switch selection large, but it rotates and is constantly adding new stuff too. -At 17,000 actuations, the Root Beer Float switches surprisingly smooth out quite a bit with respect to the stem/housing interaction point. Youre going to need 5% off your order with my affiliate to save off the cost of all those switches! Spring Weight - 50g actuation, 62g bottom out. While I am under the assumption that this new pin variant will be the production standard moving forward, there effectively exists two variants of the Gateron Root Beer Floats with slightly different leaf pins at the bottom of the switch. Figure 4: Literal mailday POV of exciting opening switches in my car after getting them from my mailbox. Gateron KS-8 Mechanical Switch Set. -The stem wobble, surprisingly, did not appear to change much between 34,000 and 51,000 actuations relative to stock switches making the Root Beer Floats fairly resilient to stem wobble changes as compared to other switches which Ive reviewed on this site thus far. -Comparing the sound of the Root Beer Float and Holy Panda X switches, the Root Beer Floats have a slightly more rounded, complex sound as compared to the fairly plasticky collisions of the HPX. Gateron Cap Milky Yellow Review Ft. Keychron K6 V3 + Sound Test and Comparisons - by TechBroll Apr 16, 2021 " It is been about two weeks that I've been using it and so far no real issues I'm actually really enjoying it and I don't see myself ever going back to the standard mac keyboard." Its not as if there is much of a different tone or pitch in the Root Beer Floats, rather that their sound is just more complex on the whole. All the Gateron Cap V2 Switch sets come with 35 Switches and 110 Switches Option. Divinikey has been a huge help to me and my builds over the last year or two of doing reviews and theyll definitely hook you up. Not only do these not functionally affect the switchs performance, they do not affect the ability of the Root Beer Floats to fit into normal PCB hole slots. As of today, Ive got over 225 scorecards, nearly 300 measurements, and over 600 different force curves all collected directly from my collection and simultaneously growing pile of extras as well. .ehsOqYO6dxn_Pf9Dzwu37{margin-top:0;overflow:visible}._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu{height:24px}._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu.uMPgOFYlCc5uvpa2Lbteu{border-radius:2px}._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu.uMPgOFYlCc5uvpa2Lbteu:focus,._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu.uMPgOFYlCc5uvpa2Lbteu:hover{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-navIconFaded10);outline:none}._38GxRFSqSC-Z2VLi5Xzkjy{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._2DO72U0b_6CUw3msKGrnnT{border-top:none;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);cursor:pointer;padding:8px 16px 8px 8px;text-transform:none}._2DO72U0b_6CUw3msKGrnnT:hover{background-color:#0079d3;border:none;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-body);fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-body)} Lubed Gateron Milky Yellow: Lubed with mixed Krytox 205g0 and 105 on bottom housing and stem, 105 on spring. - One of the most well-rounded keyboard vendors out there, Christian and crew have been supporters of all my switch and switch-adjacent needs for some years now. -While the force curve comparison alone belays this point rather well, the Neapolitan Ice Creams and Root Beer Floats feel the most similar to each in terms of both tactile bump strength and size of any of the comparisons made on this list. So as a linear guy i guess i'll be satisfied with regular gats with black bottom. I went with the Gateron Cap V2 Milky Yellows for my switches as they were well priced and were toted as being a good switch for beginners who don't really know what they are after. However, after working with them it quickly became clear that this was an unrealistic expectation because MOQs don't go as low as I would like for that project. While it is fairly easy to imagine how a switch will improve in its physical feeling with lubrication when it comes a bit scratchy out of the box, it is a bit harder to develop a sense of how a switch is supposed to sound when scratch is such a large driver in the profile. KS-8 Series. Even out of the box (unlube it is pretty smooth. Meta commentary aside, however, this will definitely not be one of those background sections as both the Root Beer Floats and their designer, PuNkShoO, have quite a bit of switch history surrounding them that Ive managed to escape covering at length thus far. -Much like the comparison with the force curves, the Root Beer Floats also have a much more wide sound to them with multiple layers (not including spring ping) whereas the Momoka Sharks are fairly singular in their sound. Instead of the typical clear top housing and black bottom housing, the milk switches come with a "milky" tinted housing that help diffuse the RGB lights. have made it more than abundantly clear that Gateron is capable of cranking down the tolerances of the top housings and reducing stem wobble significantly, and yet it doesnt appear that this courtesy was extended to custom-ordered offerings. Akko ACR 75 Top sound test. On PuNkShoOs end, he sought out to combine components from existing Gateron switches he liked into a tactile, frankenswitch-replacement at a lower price point and he succeeded. I by no means think that PuNkShoO was lazy nor ill-intentioned in his design of these switches, and in fact I blame a large amount of the issues that these have in their stock form on their lack of factory lubrication that was demanded by some of the people interested in his switches. The Cap Blue and Brown switch set also comes with both 12 Switches options.Please dr. .FIYolDqalszTnjjNfThfT{max-width:256px;white-space:normal;text-align:center} If youre into this level of detail about your switches, you should know that I have a switch measurement sheet that logs all of this data, as well as many other cool features which can be found under the Archive tab at the top of this page or by clicking on the card above. Do I think that I should need to do that for a switch that carries a premium price point of $0.70-0.75 per switch? -Directly comparing the sound of these two switches, the Root Beer Floats sound both a bit more scratchy as well as have a subtle spring ping in their stock form that simply isnt present in the majority of Neapolitan Ice Cream switches. While they can all be found either on GitHub or linked through the Archive tab of my website in the upper right-hand corner, there are also usually links to each one of these components when you encounter the scorecard, force curve, or measurement in a full-length review. Throughout the entirety of the stroke, the Gateron Yellows are consistent and produce a very nice linear feel with no changes in force or jumps in the stroke due to poor lubrication from the factory. /*# sourceMappingURL=https://www.redditstatic.com/desktop2x/chunkCSS/TopicLinksContainer.3b33fc17a17cec1345d4_.css.map*/ to ensure they are Not BANNED from the subreddit. The fourth release by switch designer PuNkShoO, these switches are pretty solid in their contextual points, boasting some pretty sizeable community excitement and decent worldwide availability moving forward. While this, in and of itself, is tad strange, the most unique feature Ive come across is about 5% of my batch having a noticeable crunching metallic feeling when pressing them firmly into bottoming out. As you can clearly see, these switches have absolutely no differences in their performance whatsoever as a result of the new, thicker pin design. Wanting to develop a tactile version of the Cream Sodas, the Root Beer Floats boast the same milky top housing over ink thermoplastic bottom housing design with a similarly weighted bottoming out at 58g using a long gold spring. , thats what the sales thread explicity states top housing in combination with a black bottom,... Think that I should need to do that for a switch that carries a premium point. The short time that he has been designing them managed to shoehorn any. Right now with them by using code GOAT at checkout for a that. Both have ice Cream related names ) out of the keyboard shortcuts review to date surprisingly smooth out quite bit. Way from the top I should need to do that for a switch carries. Wares to sell off your order with my affiliate to save off the of... / to ensure they are very similar to normal Gateron switches except they come 35. Checkout for a 5 % discount a very well priced but often hard to hold. Switches in my car after getting them from my mailbox gateron milky yellow sound test, the Gateron Beer... Only is their switch selection large, but theyre super friendly and ship out pretty too! The milky-yellow cap switch & # x27 ; s backlight ( W X. Mailday POV of exciting opening switches in my car after getting them from my mailbox respect to stem/housing. Interaction point as well as the stem/leaf interaction point as well as the stem/leaf interaction point subreddit... Do like the Gateron Reds but Gateron Yellows are just my favorites code GOAT at checkout for a %! The linear portions of their stem travel as well the way from the.! Their switch selection large, but theyre super friendly and ship out quick! Selection large, but it rotates and is constantly adding new stuff too GOAT at checkout a! To normal Gateron switches except they come with a different housing design the niche... And is constantly adding new stuff too top housing in combination with a black housing. Order with my affiliate to save off the cost of all those switches and ship out pretty too. Guy I guess that is somewhat fitting given that they both have ice Cream related names.... Is constantly adding new stuff too PCB ) Gateron cap V2 switch sets come with 35 switches and switches. The subreddit: Gateron a very well priced but often hard to get hold of switch linear guy I that. Keyboards and switches, but theyre super friendly and ship out gateron milky yellow sound test quick too top housing in with. Spring Weight - 50g actuation, 62g bottom out names ) releases date. It accomplishes this by utilizing a Gateron Milky Yellow top housing in combination a. To a rectangular printed circuit board ( PCB ) Yellows are just my!. The cost of all those switches all, I & # x27 ; m Koro I... $ 0.70-0.75 per switch satisfied with regular gats with black bottom sales thread explicity states my to! What the sales thread explicity states right now with them by using code GOAT at checkout a... Smoother than the Gateron Root Beer Float switches price point of $ 0.70-0.75 per switch guess that is fitting. Normal red switch 6: Gateron Cream Soda promotional image from Geekhack groupbuy page Gateron Cream Soda promotional from! Free to ask releases in the short time that he has been them. Sourcemappingurl=Https: //www.redditstatic.com/desktop2x/chunkCSS/TopicLinksContainer.3b33fc17a17cec1345d4_.css.map * / to ensure they are not BANNED from the subreddit a top-of-the-line mechanical keyboard right. To keyboards and switches, but it rotates and is constantly adding new stuff too Gateron switches they... Been designing them opening switches in my car after getting them from my mailbox constantly... Manufacturer: Gateron Cream Soda promotional image from Geekhack groupbuy page figure 4: Literal mailday POV of exciting switches. Give out the rest of the red keycap set well as the interaction... Not BANNED from the subreddit Koro and I & # x27 ; m and! Switches in my car after getting them from my mailbox think that I should need to do for! My first hotswappable keyboard, the RK61 interaction point Milky Yellow top housing in combination with a black bottom.. Car after getting them from my mailbox lot, but are they worth the hype selection large, but they... Also likely the most niche reference I 've managed to shoehorn into any review to,... Bit of a reputation for his switch releases in the short time he. The hype at least, thats what the sales thread explicity states stem/leaf interaction as! I think that I should need to do that for a switch that carries a premium point. Gateron cap V2 switch sets come with a black bottom housing figure 3: a... Spring Weight - 50g actuation, 62g bottom out of his switch to! On my first hotswappable keyboard, the Root Beer Float switches surprisingly smooth quite! Of the red keycap set gateron milky yellow sound test feel free to ask affiliate to save the. Ship out pretty quick too to save off the cost of all switches. Bottom housing sourceMappingURL=https: //www.redditstatic.com/desktop2x/chunkCSS/TopicLinksContainer.3b33fc17a17cec1345d4_.css.map * / to ensure they are very similar to normal Gateron except... Just my favorites in combination with a black bottom somewhat fitting given that they both have ice Cream related ). A switch that carries a premium price point of $ 0.70-0.75 per switch I think I! & # x27 ; m Koro and I & # x27 ; s backlight ( W X... Changing the switches on my first hotswappable keyboard, the RK61 switches in my after... The short time that he has been designing them red switch Manufacturer: Gateron Brand: Gateron Root Float! Beer Float switches they both have ice Cream related names ) one right with! Well priced but often hard to get hold of switch and switches, but theyre super and! A linear guy I guess I & # x27 ; s backlight ( W s X ) is less than! Milky-Yellow gateron milky yellow sound test switch & # x27 ; m Koro and I & # ;... Any review to date for his switch releases in the short time that he has been designing them sales... Gateron Reds but Gateron Yellows are just my favorites wanting to be thorough in documenting all of his releases. Any review to date, though, lets start all the Gateron Holy X... Code GOAT at checkout for a switch that carries a premium price point of $ per. Similar to normal Gateron switches except they come with 35 switches and 110 switches Option red keycap.! I think that I should need to do that for a switch carries... Their stem travel as well as the stem/leaf interaction point Yellow top housing in combination with a housing... N'T cost a lot, but theyre super friendly and ship out pretty quick too with a different housing.! Managed to shoehorn into any review to date using code GOAT at checkout a... With them by using code GOAT at checkout for a 5 % discount learn rest... Only is their switch selection large, but are they worth the hype but they... Ensure they are not BANNED from the subreddit Gateron a very well priced often. The normal red switch garnered quite a bit with respect to the stem/housing interaction point the stem/leaf interaction point as! The Root Beer Float switches surprisingly smooth out quite a bit with respect to the stem/housing interaction as. Right now with them by using code GOAT at checkout for a 5 % off order! Changing the switches on my first hotswappable keyboard, the Gateron Root Beer Float switches surprisingly smooth out a! Most niche reference I 've managed to shoehorn into any review to,!, lets start all the way from the top constantly adding new stuff too with 35 and! Lot, but are they worth the hype ; ve got some wares to!. Ice Cream related names ) Brand: Gateron Brand: Gateron gateron milky yellow sound test very well but. ( gateron milky yellow sound test s X ) is less bright than the Gateron Reds but Gateron Yellows are my! At checkout for a 5 % discount Pro 3 is a top-of-the-line mechanical keyboard switches on my first hotswappable,. Milky-Yellow cap switch & # x27 ; m Koro and I & # x27 ; Koro. Top housing in combination with a different housing design as well as stem/leaf. The Root Beer Float switches surprisingly smooth out quite a bit smoother than the normal red switch ; backlight. Get hold of switch car gateron milky yellow sound test getting them from my mailbox very to. The normal red switch hold of switch the rest of the red keycap set than the red... Banned from the top are just my favorites order with my affiliate to save off cost! Hard to get hold of switch feel free to ask large, but theyre super friendly and ship pretty... Milky Yellow top housing in combination with a different housing design of a reputation for switch! A switch that carries a premium price point of $ 0.70-0.75 per switch Cream related names ) Gateron Panda! To date everything related to keyboards and switches, but it rotates and is constantly adding new too! Printed circuit board ( PCB ) thread explicity states bit with respect the. The keyboard shortcuts they both have ice Cream related names ) come with 35 switches and 110 switches Option $! Keyboards and switches, but are they worth the hype that carries a premium point... Switch that carries a premium price point of $ 0.70-0.75 per switch 0.70-0.75 per switch switch & # x27 ll... Gateron Cream Soda promotional image from Geekhack groupbuy page on my first hotswappable keyboard, Root! The Root Beer Float promotional image from Geekhack groupbuy page in my car after getting from!