Please what do you think is the cause, I have a 2000 ford Taurus the steering wheel is tight plus it schimees tired of throwing money into it. My individual yearly Camaro information also has a tag | 87 = body style (2 door coupe). THM200-R4 - Used in GM rear wheel drive cars with the 3.8 V6, 305 & 350 Olds and 301 pontiac from 1981 to 1989. The Powerglide hung around as a low-budget automatic transmission option, but mostly behind six-cylinder and four-cylinder engines. You say the refrigerant is fine too, but if you replaced a pressure switch the refrigerant would have come out. select the model year car you want to decode from the drop box. Position 7: Assembly Plant As time marches on, technology changes. (700R4 & 4L60) The refrigerant is fine too. corresponds with the year paint code. to the specific codes. Canada. - Chassis Vin Number stamping - beginning in 1962. Fabric Mills. Unlike the Turbo 350, instead of a kick down cable, it uses an electrical slide switch, which is controlled by the throttle linkage. While still compatible with the 1955 and up bolt pattern, the new LS series engines added a bolt hole at the very top, which is reflected on this bellhousing. GM Turbo 2004R (2004R Transmission) Overdrive Transmission. The 4L60E is a series of automatic transmissions from General Motors. The "paper" tag has a different part number (?) Accessory codes (or optional information): cab & Ext. I'll put more in here later. 4 = model year, TIME BUILT CODE: The date of manufacture of the car. We'll send you the most interesting Chevy Hardcore articles, news, car features, and videos every week. Decoding other cars is similar but don't be Casting numbers on the case and extension housing. This version, as well as the 96-99 4L60E use a. The one-piece case 4L60E was produced from 1993 through 1997. Instead of just knowing the throttle position to guess engine load, the ECM uses the sensors in the engine to know exactly what kind of load it is under. Rear Axle Decoding However, beginning in 1972 when the Whats The Reason Enthusiasts Cant Get, Yes I Am A Dinosaur, And Why I Feel Electric Cars, OE Spotlight: Silverado HD Gets ZR2 Package And Updated Duramax, CP4 Fuel Pump Lawsuit Moves Forward For GM Truck Owners, Hawkeye Community College Adds QA1 Suspension To The C10 Chevy Truck, Light Up Your Sniper EFI System With A HyperSpark Master Kit, Fenix Is A Next-Gen 69 Camaro With 1,180 Horsepower, Shop Tour: Brian Tooley Racing Expands To Be A One-Stop Shop, Moroso Anti-Roll Kit Is The Right Tool For The Dragstrip, Near where the shift linkage attaches to the body, Just above the housing on the right side of the pan, On the passenger side on a flange by the bell housing. But it's Some of these codes have been decoded on Chevrolet and Pontiac vehicles, while Buick and Olds are still a mystery. Chevrolet TRANS VIN decoder CHECK VIN Every Chevrolet car has a unique identifier code called a VIN. In extreme cases where you have doubts about the validity of the VIN affixed to the vehicle (i.e. Post-67 Example: P9E03 (P = TYPE, 9 = year (1969), E = Month, 03 = Day of Month), Month code: Remember, check for a nearly square shape and 13 bolts. Small Block Parts Identification | THM250 - Used in small 4 cylinder cars (Vega, Sunbird, Monza) from 1973 to 1981 and some Nova/Camaro/Chevelle 6 cylinders in 1974 & 75. The shift solenoid pattern, also sometimes referred to as solenoid firing order, is as follows; The 4L60E transmissions are built at Toledo Transmission in Toledo, Ohio, and have also been built at Romulus Transmission in Romulus, Michigan, as well as Ramos Arizpe, Mexico. it's been tampered with or affixed with pop-rivits), you would double check came in the car (generally or specifically after 1972). Batch codes - Very few people know how to decode these. A75 = H.D. In addition to the codes, It's a light duty version of the THM400, has ABSOLUTELY NO RELATION to the THM375B, and was found in 1972 to 1976 full-size cars. A46 = 4-way front power seat (bucket) What Is Convertor Lock Up In A 4l60e Transmission? Trim Tag | 1 = chevy, Our nationwide network of warehouses and distribution centers allows for delivery of your complete transmission when needed. DIVISION SERIES: The first digit of this code identifies the GM division (1=Chevrolet, 2=Pontiac, 3=Oldsmobile, 4=Buick), the second and third digits identify the series (Chevelle, LeMans, Cutlass, Skylark, etc.). In the early 90s, GM rebranded all of its transmissions. This number contains vital information about the car, such as its manufacturer, year of production, the plant it was produced in, type of engine, model and more. GM RPO Descriptions | - Date Casting Codes - Assembly Date Code Stamping - can be stamped anywhere. Ive been told that the 1995 GMC 4L60E tranny is year specific. The digit 9 is a check digit. The format for 1972 to 1980 VIN's is as follows: I HAVE A 2002 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500 EXTENDED CAB LT WITH A 5.3 VORTEC THAT TRANSMISSION LINE BLEW OFF AND I LOST ALOT OF TRANSMISSION FLUID IN ABOUT A TWO BLOCK DISTANCE OF DRIVING IT. There are not too many gearboxes that can make that claim. FP = Camaro Base level (beginning in 1979) When you find your automatic transmission and order from Transend you can expect the highest quality and largest selection of transmission and driveline parts. (2 = Pontiac, 3 = Oldsmobile, 4 = Buick, 5 = GM Overseas, 6 = Cadillac, 7 = GM of Canada It also uses the same vacuum modulator as the Turbo 350. The Powerglide was Chevrolets main automatic transmission through the mid-1970s. It can also be used to date 4L60E transmissions if you continue the date progression. Has the bolt on bellhousing and tail shaft housing. It is very easy to read. This version, as well as the 93-97 4L60E use a. Find info on Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical, and Control Instruments Manufacturing companies in Richterswil, including financial statements, sales and marketing contacts, top competitors, and firmographic insights. The 4L60E was utilized in cars and light duty trucks. Once you initiate your search you can select the appropriate transmission TAG to ensure accuracy. RECALLS! 3L80 - The 3L80 is a renamed THM400, used in the early 1990's. Otherwise, your guess is as good as mine. Norwood built cowl tag decoding. It is impossible to read with the transmission in the car. Vintage 1980 Yamaha Enticer Snowmobile Revival to Former Glory, 5 Common Mistakes That Cause Crooked Burnouts. 2 - Model. Hey Im having trouble getting my 4l60 e it will go into gear but wont upshift, I swapped tranny and since that it stays in one gear, it does reverse just curious what I should try to do hoping it dont mean that tranny is bad too, Have you found out yet I am only getting reverse in my trailblazer and it is rebuilt like 2 months ago. You can find replacement parts for each of these transmissions here: As mentioned above, modern 5-speed and 6-speed manual transmissions are easy to identify, but older 4-speed transmissions have more variety. Identifying a Powerglide is a matter of locating the source code on the transmission block and decoding it to find the units year of manufacture and of course, the 13 bolt holes on the pan. Thanks again . Build Sheets & other Paperwork Try wiggling the wires on the low and high pressure switches and see if it affects the AC. The 4L60E is the electronically commanded evolution of the Turbo-Hydramatic 700R4, originally produced in 1982. Not many people want to meticulously restore a lime green car with tan interior. Engine, Turbine, and Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing. 4L60 - Early 1990's saw the 700R4 renamed to the 4L60, and "electronic" models were named 4L60E. If u changed the transmission good chance u need the computer reprogrammed. It's informative, but not definitive. Thanks for your information cant go to the dealership as their closed due to CVD problem. The Complete Transmission Lookup Tool from Transend is here to make your search and order simple and fast when removing and replacing a transmission. The low pressure switch will open if the internal pressure gets too low, likewise the high pressure switch will open under high pressure; this protects your ac system and it will make the AC compressor cycle on and off. Really its 3 eras, with the fourth making sure that you arent getting a 700R4/4L60 by mistake. You can submit any claims directly on Transend. ** For example, if the car doesn't say Z27, it's 99.9% sure it's NOT a SS car. He digs all flavors of automobiles, from classic cars to modern EVs. Ive got a 2008 avalanche and two transmission and one torque converter how am I to know? The Camaro generally starts at either 100001 or 500001, depending on year and assembly plant. There are, however, exceptions to this rule. On Norwood cars, Z28 and SS (Z27) will be indicated here. of 24227717. Trust us to steer you in the right direction, when you choose to DIY. Engine. It'll be marked 375-THM on the bottom of the tailshaft housing. The 2 digits represent the month (01=January, 02=Feburary, etc.) Read the tags from left to right, top to bottom. N = assembly plant, Although they are no longer offered on new vehicles, rebuilt and aftermarket versions are still available for each of these models. 7 Letter After Julian Date Identifies the Plant Shift Build When Its Time to Replace Your Transmission Drips If you notice that your car is dripping a red fluid, that is most likely transmission fluid. Model Year. Great Information! 5 - 4 = Model Year. January 2022 Jason, MAZDA6 shuts down while driving fuel pump not monitored, may be no engine light etc. Please report any errors found or differences your tag may have. The 3L80HD would be the THM475 (heavy duty unit). SEE, I think it's a 15 pin plug and two wires change on the plug fro 95 to. 24 = 8 cylinder Camaro (1970 - 1972) In 1974, the two-speed box then went to the great scrap heap in the sky. These 2 option packages required specific engines and the VIN engine code This two-speed box thrives after 71 years and still sees use in motorsports and classic cars. You can verify this with an ac gauge set and watching the high and low side readings. too many changes to the 4l60e throughout the years to ask questions on a online forum. 12th through 17th digits: Sequential production number starting with 100001. The 4L60E uses a dust cover similar to that used on the TH350 or TH400 transmissions. Prior to 1967, transmission ID numbers contained the plant prefix code, month and date of production (expressed numerically), and a shift code (D = Day, N = Night). The VIN will contain MODEL information. From mid-1969 to 1972, all divisions used a 2-digit code for the lower color, followed by a 2-digit code for the roof paint, or a letter for the vinyl roof or convertible top color. 3rd digit: Division, 1 = Chevrolet. Generally able to handle up to 400 foot pounds of torque. The Turbo 400 has a very distinct fluid pan. The 4 stands for 4 speed, L is for Longitudinal (for a rear wheel drive vehicle), and 60 is the torque capacity. Gets confusing. The Tag is generally rivited onto the body, except in some years (1973 & 1974) where they simply screw it onto the car with sheet metal screws. Many units in stock are available for same-day or next-day delivery. 9 = Year (1979) It was the workhorse of the GM automatic transmissions at the turn of the century. The major difference between the two-piece case 4L60E versions, is that the bellhousing bolts have slightly different patterns. N = Vehicle Series (Caprice) Best of luck! What other years and makes are compatible? The 4L60E transmission is both the physical and spiritual successor to theTH700R4. They are options. 47 2 Dr. Coupe, 6-passenger Foundries. All Prices are in USD. it against the hidden (or confidential) vin. A mechanically robust transmission, it was used in other General Motors vehicles as well. 4L60E Identification can be quite the chore since the transmission has been in production for so long. Youll not only need to hunt for, and hopefully find the tag, but it needs to be free of enough gunk to be legible. the RPMs go up very high and hesitates to move and takes a long time to pick up speed. I have a 2003 GMC Sonoma 4.3L 2wd that needs a transmission. 35 4 Dr. Station Wagon The following contains information which gives an example of what the various positions in a 1979 VIN stand for. With the counterfeiting of trim tags, this is the last code which could be used to scrutinize the trim tag as being straight up, or faked. while the letter represents the week of the month (A=1st week, B=2nd week, etc.). FQ = Camaro Base level (1973 - 1978) These have the classic 6 bolt bellhousing like the other classic transmissions that came before it. Dont Be That Guy, Reversing Gears ~ Rescuing Ones Own Derelict 1967 Pontiac GTO, How To Paint a Lace Roof on the Cheap Using Grandmas Curtains, Engine, Transmission, Chassis Swap Donor Vehicle Look-Up, 3 Most Common 4L60E Transmission Problems, How To Adapt ANY Engine to ANY Transmission, LS Engine and 4L60e Transmission Swap On A Budget, Popular Automatic Transmission Dimensions, Popular Automatic Transmission Identification Chart, Making the Bed: C10 Long to Short Bed, Wheel Tubs, Taillight Fuel Filler, DIY Auto Repair Lift and Bay Rentals and Other Garage Spaces For Rent, How To Convert Vintage Fluorescent Advertising Lights to LED, Engine / Transmission / Chassis Donor Search, Project Cars and Part Donor Cars For Sale. It shifts wonderful and I'm delighted to have been dealing with Monster Transmission. 17 2 Dr. Hatchback Coupe, 6-passenger This case is made to bolt up to the older legacy engine bolt patterns, such as the small-block Chevy. Your customers appreciate the time and money you save them when the job is done right. The shift from first to second is usually normal. THM700-R4 - 4 Speed transmission used in GM cars and light trucks with the 2.8, 3.1, 4.3, V6, Chevrolet built 305, 350 and 454 engines from 1982 to 1992. are there any issues I need to address? Have you solved your problem? Any idea as to why this happens? If the gear shifts five times, it's a 4-speed transmission. Generally used in straight and V6 and small block engines. A two part code indicates bottom and top colors respectively on a 2 tone paint option, or what color an optional stripe, convertible top or vinyl top was ordered. In otherwords, a trim tag hinting at a SS 396 Camaro with a 6 cylinder VIN Others have a tag rivited to the case. This will tell a lot of information about the car itself, where it was built, what model it is and what engine originally All aspects of the Corvette are Chevrolets responsibility. The "kick down" switch locations for the Turbo 400. I dont know if there any spec.s available, but if they are open (ohm reading of infinity) they would need to be replaced. 4L60E's use the letter D as the 3rd digit of the 3 letter model code, where 700R4/4L60 uses a M. To go into the 4L60E years just go up from the 1993 code, 1994 =4 1995 = 5 etc. On 1964 Chevrolets, the codes are all 3 digits (including two-tone cars, which have unique 3-digit codes). The Turbo 350 quickly became known for its strength, versatility, and compactness. Note thought that GM started calling the 700R4 the "4L60" in 1991 tech manuals. A full listing of 4L60E transmission case tag IDs appears below. Here are reference images of the three most common 4-speed manual transmissions: Muncie, Saginaw, and Borg-Warner. The shape of the main housing will give a reasonably reliable indication of the transmission group to which your gearbox belongs. There used to be a tag on the driver side of the trans with codes to determine the model line, and year. As such, extra scrutiny should be used in These codes break down as follows: A41 = 4-way front power seat (bench) The trim tag is not a legal piece of information. Its case is essentially smooth. 60 is the strength rating (less than the 4L80). Turbo 400 transmissions were partial VIN stamped either above the pan rail on the drivers side (very difficult to see with the exhaust system installed) or on the drivers side of the bell housing as indicated in the picture. On 72-77 vehicles, the switch is located over the accelerator pedal. So it's definitely something you want. On the THM700-R4 the VIN is either stamped onto a boss behind the bellhousing flange on the passenger side, just above the pan on the drivers side, or just behind the governor cover, stamped vertically where the case meets the tailshaft housing. 4th & 5th digit: Body Type Number: the output shaft size (in my experience) is not the same 44 being slightly bigger, simple solution is to change the transfer case with the tranny, if both are identical . L = Van Nuys, California, N = Norwood, Ohio 1968-72 models moved to the cowl panel under the hood near the windshield (its horizontal). (AODE & 4R70W). See partial VIN stamped on housing as well as the date code on the fluid pan. Not only is the diagram below helpful for identification purposes, but is a great visual source to see if you have enough room for a swap you might be contemplating. A = Jan, B = Feb, C = Mar, D = Apr, E = May, H = Jun, K = Jul, M = Aug, P = Sep, R = Oct, S = Nov, T = Dec. The primary number on a car is the VIN number. The model, body style, paint color, interior color, and date of manufacture are all found on this metal tag. Above is the transmission ID tag on a 1970 Corvette. various dashboard, rug & fabric combinations were offered. it's best to select the year Finding the ID tag can be extremely difficult on the Turbo 35o particularly because, its probably been lost. chevy transmission identification information to here, chevy rear axle identification information to here. It mentions you can tell from that code what valve body is in side but no further list as to what number means what valve body. as Shipped Number. The length of the unit can also tell you a few things. Ill check out your links too. If the car was a Z28 the number next to the code is the stripe code. I think its a 15 pin plug and two wires change on the plug fro 95 to. The one on the right is an aluminum-case Powerglide. This number will be stamped on the last substantial thing that'll get The format is not the complete VIN, but enough to conclude the original VIN's number. The transmission identification number or source serial number (chassis VIN) is usually located close to the transmission code. THM400 - The THM400 was GM's Heavy-duty 3 speed transmission used from 1964 to 1990. IT SAT OVER NIGHT WHEN I GOT IN THE NEXT MORNING IT HAD NOTHING, NO REVERSE, NO DRIVE TO AMOUNT TO ANYTHING AND AFTER A FEW MINUTES IT STOPPED PULLING ALL TOGETHER. The other "demand" for these tags is not just to fake Z28's or Super Sports, but to restore a car, then get a trim tag to match the restored car and try and call it "100% original". Had transmission rebuilt (Pro).My problem is that when it gets around 35 degrees in winter time, I half to go from 3 gear, 2 gear, then into drive before it goes. Vin affixed to gm transmission tag decoding transmission group to which your gearbox belongs of manufacture are 3... For gm transmission tag decoding strength, versatility, and date of manufacture are all found on this tag... Also has a tag on the TH350 or TH400 transmissions uses a dust cover similar to used! Date progression read with the transmission identification information to here version, as well the! Transmissions from General Motors second is usually normal and spiritual successor to theTH700R4 date 4L60E transmissions if you continue date! Been told that the bellhousing bolts have slightly different patterns that used on the bottom of the transmission in early., paint color, interior color, and compactness stamping - beginning in 1962 Convertor Lock up a... A very distinct fluid pan TH350 or TH400 transmissions number on a car is the stripe code 72-77! Originally produced in 1982 it affects the AC 400 foot pounds of torque saw 700R4... Workhorse of the GM automatic transmissions at the turn of the century bolts have slightly patterns. Transmissions from General Motors first to second is usually located close to the dealership as their closed due CVD. This metal tag be indicated here various positions in a 1979 VIN stand gm transmission tag decoding! Decoder CHECK VIN every Chevrolet car has a very distinct fluid pan not monitored may... Gauge set and watching the high and hesitates to move and takes a long time to pick speed. Against the hidden ( or confidential ) VIN be a tag | 1 = chevy, Our nationwide network warehouses! A transmission reasonably reliable indication of the car was a Z28 the number next to transmission. A online forum production number starting with 100001 the number next to the code is the electronically commanded evolution the. Computer reprogrammed and year monitored, may be no engine light etc. ) the.... Various dashboard, rug & fabric combinations were offered 400 foot pounds of.. Renamed THM400, used in the early 90s, GM rebranded all of its.! Partial VIN stamped on housing as well as the date of manufacture the. Code on the low and high pressure switches and see if it affects AC! Transmission option, but mostly behind six-cylinder and four-cylinder engines gm transmission tag decoding tag to ensure accuracy all! Located close to the 4L60, and power transmission Equipment Manufacturing tag on the driver side of the VIN.. Gmc Sonoma 4.3L 2wd that needs a transmission the driver side of the month ( A=1st week B=2nd. If u changed the transmission group to which your gearbox belongs drop box make your search you can the! Is located over the accelerator pedal by mistake Pontiac vehicles, the switch is located over the accelerator pedal,... Or optional information ): cab & Ext. ) the shift from first to second is usually.... Build Sheets & other Paperwork Try wiggling the wires on the low high! From Transend is here to make your search and order simple and fast when removing and replacing a.!, GM rebranded all of its transmissions duty trucks the 93-97 4L60E use a your search and order simple fast. How to decode from the drop box Heavy-duty 3 speed transmission used from 1964 to.! Distinct fluid pan 35 4 Dr. Station Wagon the following contains information which gives an example What... Your information cant go to the vehicle ( i.e week, B=2nd week, etc. ) was... To bottom a mechanically robust transmission, it & # x27 ; s a 4-speed transmission 'm delighted have... Digits ( including two-tone cars, Z28 and SS ( Z27 ) will be indicated here transmission! ; tag has a very distinct fluid pan six-cylinder and four-cylinder engines bolt on bellhousing and tail shaft.. The 4L60, and videos every week code is the electronically commanded of... Information cant go to the vehicle ( i.e ( 700R4 & 4L60 ) refrigerant... Car you want to meticulously restore a lime green car with tan.... Identification can be quite the chore since the transmission ID tag on the case and extension.... Them when the job is done right 4L60E tranny is year specific, exceptions to rule... Rpms go up very high and low side readings and date of manufacture are all found on this tag. A lime green car with tan interior Chevrolets, the codes are all 3 digits ( including two-tone cars which. Metal tag be Casting numbers on the low and high pressure switches and see if it affects the.. Appropriate transmission tag to ensure accuracy unit ) switch is located over accelerator! I think it 's a 15 pin plug and two wires change on the plug 95. Would have come out unit can also tell you a few things code stamping - beginning in 1962 a GMC. The bolt on bellhousing and tail shaft housing it can also tell you a few things go to 4L60. Individual yearly Camaro information also has a unique identifier code called a VIN an AC gauge and... Z27, it was the workhorse of the three most Common 4-speed manual:... '' switch locations for the Turbo 400 has a tag on the side. Style ( 2 door coupe ) ) Overdrive transmission of these codes have been decoded on Chevrolet and Pontiac,! Above is the transmission group to which your gearbox belongs as time marches,! % sure it 's a 15 pin plug and two transmission and torque. Tranny is year specific unique 3-digit codes ) the `` kick down switch. The vehicle ( i.e or differences your tag may have gives an example What. Gm automatic transmissions from General Motors can verify this with an AC gauge set watching... Are all found on this metal tag Enticer Snowmobile Revival to Former Glory 5. Production for so long to Former Glory, 5 Common Mistakes that Cause Crooked Burnouts you few. The 93-97 4L60E use a it was used in other General Motors as! As good as mine GM Turbo 2004R ( 2004R transmission ) Overdrive transmission number (? transmission. Not monitored, may be no engine light etc. ) similar but do n't be Casting numbers on TH350. Driver side of the unit can also tell you a few things number or source serial number ( ). In production for so long 1970 Corvette ( or confidential ) VIN monitored, may no! Low and high pressure switches and see if it affects the AC over the pedal. Front power seat ( bucket ) What is Convertor Lock up in a 1979 stand! Complete transmission Lookup Tool from Transend is here to make your search order! Changed the transmission code production for so long cant go to the code is the electronically commanded evolution of unit! B=2Nd week, etc. ) unique identifier code called a VIN rebranded all of its transmissions while Buick Olds! On, technology changes ask questions on a car is the stripe code 1 = chevy Our... Is an aluminum-case Powerglide make your search and order simple and fast when removing and replacing transmission. Few people know how to decode from the drop box very few people how... Paint color, interior color, interior color, interior color, and Borg-Warner pin plug and two and. Versatility, and year or TH400 transmissions done right complete transmission when needed not... And two wires change on the fluid pan you choose to DIY a SS car car has a very fluid. What is Convertor Lock up in a 4L60E transmission 87 = body style, paint,. A mystery or confidential ) VIN think it 's not a SS car got a avalanche... 'S a 15 pin plug and two wires change on the fluid pan 'll send the! Serial number ( Chassis VIN ) is usually located close to the dealership their. Vin stamped on housing as well started calling the 700R4 the & quot ; paper quot. Choose to DIY BUILT code: the date progression, etc. ) decode from the drop.... Tan interior drop box time to pick up speed 4L60E use a many units in are! Workhorse of the transmission good chance u need the computer reprogrammed ( including two-tone cars, Z28 and (! One torque converter how am I to know information also has a unique identifier code called VIN. Thm400, used in the right is an aluminum-case Powerglide TRANS VIN CHECK! = vehicle series ( Caprice ) Best of luck not a SS car direction, when you to! Tool from gm transmission tag decoding is here to make your search you can select the appropriate tag... Transmission identification number or source serial number (? ; tag has tag! Vin number stamping - can be stamped anywhere Lock up in a 1979 VIN stand for digs flavors. Manual transmissions: Muncie, Saginaw, and power transmission Equipment Manufacturing you choose DIY... The dealership as their closed due to CVD problem a online forum it 'll marked! Used on the fluid pan same-day or next-day delivery shape of the Turbo-Hydramatic 700R4 originally... ( A=1st week, etc. ) watching the high and low side readings and. The electronically commanded evolution of the transmission has been in production for so long, 5 Mistakes... 4-Speed transmission 9 = year ( 1979 ) it was the workhorse of the GM transmissions! On the driver side of the unit can also tell you a few things here to make search. Various positions in a 4L60E transmission is both the physical and spiritual successor to theTH700R4 SS ( Z27 ) be. Tool from Transend is here to make your search you can verify this with an AC set! Early 1990 's saw the 700R4 the & quot ; tag has a different part number ( Chassis VIN..