Please Be Sure To Include The Hands, The Suspension Spring, The Cables & The Pulleys, And The Seat Board With The Chime Hammer Assembly Along With The Clock Movement. It was designed to NOT play on the half hour. Is the chain rubbing the seat board or pinched between the movement and seat board? The time on mine its working and the weight has dropped lower everyday however the strike nor chime has not and their weights havent dropped at all. With some cloth gloves on, or at least a cloth of some kind, pull down on the weight some. Hang the weights on the pulleys. It would be each, and can be ordered at this link https://www.clockworks.com/product/polished-clock-weight. The time weight is the center weight which can be light or heavy depending on bob size. The numbers on the movement is what will lead to getting the correct manufacturer of the movement not the names on the movement. That is a tricky thing to do. I have Steven Conovers Book on the Tubular Bell Clocks, This one stumped me, I did install the weights as, Heavy C, Heavy T, Light S. What do you thank. Guessing from your description it was a Jauch Movement. Modern Grandfather Clock Weights [ PDF] English Grandfather Clock [ PDF] Elliott 9 Tube Grandfather Clock [ PDF] Winterhalder & Hofmeier [ PDF] Setting Up A Herschede Tubular Bell Hall Clock Herschede 9 Tube Grandfather Clock [ PDF] History Of The Herschede Hall Clock Co. [ PDF] The Clock That Killed Herschede [ PDF] Some one is winding the clock when your not looking. Maybe time to replace the unit and also get the proper weight specs. It will narrow things down. When I try to pull the weight up, it just goes back down. This information would be directly off of the back plate of the clockworks itself stamped into the brass. It has. What are the movement numbers off of the back plate of the movement itself please. Collectibles. DO NOT lift up on the weights as this could cause the weights to come unhooked from the chains. As you remove the chains from the bag, please notice each chain has a hook at the end. It hadnt run for about a year, so I know from previous servicing that it took several attempts to get it running again, but not this time. With that said, we don't want to ship these back and forth. I just noticed its not chiming and I saw the right weight is in the middle and the center weight is on the right. Hi, If the clock does not chime, it will never strike on its own anyway. Or is the weight stuck way up in the air its jammed up there? Measures approx. Please Be Sure To Include The Hands, The Suspension Spring, The Cables & The Pulleys, And The Seat Board With The Chime Hammer Assembly Along With The Clock Movement. Total:1,379 (members:44, guests:1,335), Most visitors online was 4107 , on 14 Jan 2023, http://cgi.ebay.com/Herschede-Grandfather-Clock-MovemeneZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem, Diagram of the Works of a Gustav Becker with serial #1348774, Admiral Fitzroy replica barometer mercury level notmoving woth atmospheric pressure, National American Railroad Pocket Watch Day April 18th. I can get the strike weight to drop, but within a few hour it will stop. There are levers for silent/strike, silent/chime and the choice of familiar Westminster . Then during a move all the chains came off. If this was a fail and the clock did not chime through this, continue with the below check points. HELP! All weights are working except the strike weight only strikes once no matter what time it is. If it works fine, we recommend to label the weights with L C R write it on a small piece of paper and attach on the bottom of the weight with a tape. SKS 13, 116cm, 354 499. The weight we have is 2lb 11oz are you able to advise what weight the replacement weight should be? or should I buy the three-chime movement? If the chain rubs anything, or is pinched between the seat board and the movement, the clock will not chime. What happened is the rack fell behind the snail (the hour hand tube) and brought it forward some. chime movement into case, from The Herschede Hall Clock Company of Starkville, Mississippi. If getting it close to those numbers that is fine. why do you need different amount of weight for each movement? Originally, grandfather clocks were designed with one weight or two weights, and with further development, a third weight was added. Please clarify this sentence. I have seen the chimes and the hour strike working properly for half a day, so I wonder if everything is okay, and dont fix it if it aint broke, or the fact that the three weights are dropping at very different speeds means things are not going to work for long ? I have bought an antique Glasgow School brass art and crafts wall clock (c. 1900). As for the strike issues, maybe this post will help = https://www.clockworks.com/posts/grandfather-clock-strike-quantity-correction. The chain cant be rubbing anything in its path like the seat board. Remove the nut that holds the hands in place by gently holding the minute hand and turning the nut counter clockwise. USA & International; . The switch on the face is set to chime but doesn.t go to the bottom of the path. Can I switch it myself while the clock works. Precision-crafted completely by hand. Thanks. 451/1151 High-Bridge Suspension-Post-Length Issue, grandmother and grandfather chain drive units, https://www.clockworks.com/product/new-sks-series-kieninger-clock-movement, https://www.clockworks.com/product/jauch-pl78-clock-movement-kit, https://www.clockworks.com/posts/grandfather-clock-chimes-forever-correction, https://www.clockworks.com/product/polished-clock-weight, https://www.clockworks.com/posts/grandfather-clock-strike-quantity-correction, https://www.clockworks.com/clock-movement.html, https://www.clockworks.com/posts/mechanical-clock-movement-beat-setting, https://clockworks.crisp.help/en/article/identifying-a-mechanical-clock-movement-88buzj/, https://www.clockworks.com/product/grandfather-grandmother-clock-chain. I know it needs cleaning but am wondering if the chain/weight situation is part of the reason it will not run? All it will have is the pendulum leader hanging on the back of the movement. I forgot to wind my grandfather clock and the chime is now an hour behind the hands. I just noticed that the weights are not falling. One most grandfather clocks: 1) Right weight powers the chime melody 2) Middle weight powers the pendulum 3) Left weight powers the hour strike The weights are filled with cast iron within a brass casing and are quite heavy. If the pendulum bob is 8 1/2 inches or more, change that rule to [emailprotected] lbs and [emailprotected] in 47mm or 43mm. What are the movement numbers from the back plate? https://www.clockworks.com/clock-movement.html. I recently wound the time train and apparently the wire slipped off the gear spool and wound around the outside. The bob is the round disk at the bottom of the pendulum. FOR SALE! For example, a Hermle unit may have the name Sligh, Ridgeway, Howard Miller and so on. Only after the chime weight is operating correctly can you work on the strike weight. Seems easy to do. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give. Kevlar center Will NOT fit Hermle, Keininger, Urgos, Howard Miller, Ridgeway or other more modern clocks. I dont think I can get across what I want to say when writing. They will not come down if the chimes are off, I have a grandfather watch and lost weights during my departure to another country. Hi-I recently found an old grandfather clock that has two weights and only one chain. See details at this link https://www.clockworks.com/posts/mechanical-clock-movement-beat-setting, Clock runs good but wont chime Serial number 85001238, We would need the movement numbers off of the movement itself please. Hippo Carousel Protected Wildlife Carousel Series PJs Carousel 51/500 VERY RARE (#295588475182). Extremely rare limited edition multi-feature, twin chime, moon phase, three weight antique Herschede full size tall case mahogany hall grandfather clock made in 1925, model 240. Dark wood clock is 71 inches tall, 15 inches wide, 9.5 inches deep. Herschede, a symbol of wealth for the elite. Best to run with no hands or dial on the clock, if the clock will not strike please email a pic of the front of the movement by replying to this email and I will see what is up with that one, I tried gently pulling the chime weight when I turn the hour hand and it does chime but it is still stuck and will not chime on the hour. Thank You, Should this cuckoo only play the music on the hour, If I adjust it to play on the hour and the half hour also the music weight moves about a foot father down in 12 hr. But general rule is that when facing the grandfather clock, the heaviest weight should be placed on the right. 5. Just tried to have the clock weights release and started with the chime weight first as suggested and while trying to pull down the weight and move the minute hand past the 1/4 hr I could not get the weight to budge. Hello, I gave a pair of 19th century cast iron weights 12 in length and 15 pounds apiece. i HAVE A TWO WEIGHT SYSTEM ONLY THE RIGHT WEIGHT IS STUCK AT THE TOP, THE CHIMES WORK FINE I TRIED ADDING EXTRA WEIGHT TO PULL IT DOWN BUT DOESNT MOVE ANY IDEAS ALSO IT WORKS FOR LIKE 3 MINS THEN STOP BUT I THINK IT MIGHT NOT BE LEVEL, Please see this link on how to put a clock in beat https://www.clockworks.com/posts/mechanical-clock-movement-beat-setting. Please notice that you should be facing your clock. I know the pendulum is 116cm but what is the best bob diameter size? The Grandfather Clock Weights Description on this web page will cover what is meant by weights and their parts. This is chime ON. What can I do? Decorative Collectibles. . It has. How can I put it right? 2 of the weights are the sam weight, one is heavier. Teaclocks, if it is only about a foot difference in drop, then it is up to you whether or not to have the halfhour music. Chain driven triple chiming HerschedeI've never heard of them before.Does yours chime on rods? Sometimes what people do if this is the situation is they get a brass rod and bend it to attach to this arm and let it run down the back of the dial so someone can turn the chimes on or off by the end of the rod. (The larger bob diameters require more weight in the center. Do Not Send The Pendulum Or The Weights. Richard T. is correct concerning the German movements, Sorry Scottie, I wasnt not listening. The center weight chain has no tension. Try pulling down some while swinging the pendulum. See this link for help finding your movement numbers: Identifying a mechanical clock movement https://clockworks.crisp.help/en/article/identifying-a-mechanical-clock-movement-88buzj/. Scotland our England. Is this wrong? Middle weight is stuck all the way down. The stamp with these numbers are right on the back plate. He is just as described. Is the auto night selector on daytime? Thanks for your prompt response. Glad to have read these solutions. When going in to put the chains around the sprockets i first checked the gears to see if I could manually move them with my finger. The Grandfather clock weights can get stuck in the high position if over wound. A clock can be overwound, resulting in the weights being stuck in the highest position. Grandfather clocks with three weights mean that there is an additional 1/4-hour strike. Im afraid if I pull down on the weight I will snap the cable. Even the finest clock movement restoration is not as good as the same one brand new. The chains are used to support the decorative weight shells, and have been secured for shipment in a bag and are located directly under the quartz movement. I was told the smaller weight goes on the right ( Im assuming my right as I look at the clock ) but all the research Ive found says the heavier weight goes on the right. At the same time, turn the minute hand past the quarter hour to see if it will engage the chime. The middle gear/sprocket will not move at all. NEVER wind a cable drive movement without weights installed. mean that there is an additional 1/4-hour strike. Grandfather clocks with two weights are often called an 8-day clock. National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors Inc (A 501c3 non-profit corporation). Nowadays, most grandfather clocks have three weights with separate purposes. The gold-plated filigree on the burnished dial is characteristic. The best way is the remove the movement completely and restring it around its wheel. which weight controls the pendulum, right center or left? Ensure that each link of each chain is properly positioned on the teeth of the sprocket. Herschede 9-Tube Front Movement View Part Numbers; Herschede 9-Tube Internal Movement View Part Numbers; Herschede 9-Tube Rear Movement View Part Numbers; Herschede Electric 9-Tube Pictures1; Herschede Electric 9-Tube Pictures2; Herschede Old-Style Two Train Movement Pictures1; Herschede Old-Style Two Train Movement Pictures2; Herschede Weights . On the left, at 9 oclock, is there a lever for auto night? and would heavier weights be ok? The weights on my 1985 Howard Miller were lost by the movers. Category Vintage 1950s American American Classical Clocks. Model # 610-569 Thank you again. The cable end has two ends, one end is in the barrel and on the movement frame. If all else fails, and its a chain driven clock, you would need to cut the chain in half, or break a link, to take the movement out of the clock. She shipped him super fast and he was really well packaged, so he arrived in great shape. 1959 Herschede Grandfather Clock with Five Tubes, Brass Dial and Key. Menu. I didnt have a scale. Plaque The Herschede Hall Clock Co., Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, Panama Pacific International Exposition 1915 Grand Prize. The Herschede hall clock Chippendale-style case houses a 3-weight movement. Antique original Herschede 5 tube grandfather 185853707115 Again, the dial may not have the slot in it to change this, it is possible the movement is equipped with the ANSO feature but does not have the arm that sticks out of the dial. You can remove the styrofoam blocks AFTER they become loose through normal operation, which typically occurs after eight (8) hours of run time. Located in New York, NY. Posts about herschede written by spareclockparts. Weve had the clock for 20 years and have never had this problem before. Turn the clocks chime on, and leave it on. If it does not chime 10-6am or something like this, it will cause what it is doing. I just went on a house call to set up a Grandfather clock, It was a Herschede 3 weight, chain, triple chime, westmin. Sitting board is 14-3/4" x 3". 1. This is because the manufacturer that made your clock case used many different movements for the same clock case. The weight on the right powers the clock, the weight on the middle drives the pendulum, the weight on the left controls the striking mechanism. Sorry I do not know how much the clock weight should weigh. Any ideas? Thank you! The right weight is stuck and clock does not chime. A new movement is less money than even a simple cleaning on the grandfather clock movement. If I buy the Westminster only chime does that mean that the three options on the clock face just wont change? I believe if the movement were Herschede, it would be stamped such: I just weighted the weights, 5lbs 14oz,,,, 9lbs,,,, 8lbs 14oz/ ct on bottom. It keeps time and chimes now but will not strike out the hour. (This information will not be on any of the paperwork that may have come with the clock, nor will it be on the wood case. . There are two sprockets for the one chain to go over. Helllo! I have advanced the clock twelve hours with hope that when I move the time to two oclock no such luck. Then slowly the weight will come down enough to be able to activate and run the strike on its own. Spare Clock Parts for Antique and Vintage Repair or Steampunk Art Spare clock parts. This will make it tick tock faster than if the pendulum was on. Attach a new piece of weight cable to the appropriate spot on the drum by winding it around and attaching it with a screw or bolt. Once the manufacturer is known and the starting numbers of the movement, use the chart to see the weight specifications for the Grandfather clock weights. Strike Be sure the chain is not rubbing anything on its way down like the seat board. In some cases, it is possible to find it inside of the clock on the door or on the back panel. Center Ratchet wheel is broken, what is the movement numbers off of the back plate? I have been forcing a chime for a while to work in the oil. Insert the crank into the crank holes located in the dial face, and turn the crank counterclockwise. There are 4 adjustable levelers on the bottom corner of most grandfather clocks. Can I order just the top piece, can I order just the left weight? One equals the other. Stickley grandfather clock and the top of the left weight is bent. The weight will then come down enough to run the clock. These grandfather clocks feature long, slender bodies and can be up to 99 inches tall. my pendulum gear is stuck in the full down position the cable, cord, wire has come unspooled How dop I unstick it? I reassembled and THE CENTER WEIGHT doesnt move. A true piece of working art. This way the spool can be unreeled and the cable can be pulled down to full length. Advance the minute hand and let it chime each quarter until it plays the top of the hour song. Once the movement number is known, cross reference that with the weight chart. Remove the movement and set it down being careful not to tangle the chains. When hanging the weights is it right center left as you look at the clock or as the clock looks at you? 2023 Clockworks. Refer to Herschede-Jauch reference for movement drawings. Method 1 Winding a Crank-Wound Clock Download Article 1 Look for the winding points. Trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Pull down on the loose end of the chain until the weight is approximately 2 from the bottom of the wood movement mounting board. Description Magnificent Herschede grandfather clock. Gently Used Herschede Floor Clock $6,999.00 Year Made/Sold - 1961 Light Mahogany Finish 5 Tube - Nickel Plated Single Chime Silent Operation Key Lock Fully Reconditioned Moon Dial Columns fluted with Leaf decoration Clock Measurements Width - 21 in. Clockworks will do a repair and they will say the clock ran for 30 years straight and come to find out they had Grandfather clock weights that were a pound or two too heavy. HERSCHEDE 9 TUBE Tubular Bell Chime Tube Set - $1,139.38. The chime is played on 9 tubes, and the mahogany case is in excellent condition. Further, it states that most "should have a retail value of at least $20,000-$30,000." That's just plain silly! Are you able to tell me what weights (x2) I should have on a 1960s Howard Miller George Nelson Grandfather Clock model #622? I believe I may have the weights you that you are looking for . 15 Here is a Herschede #1 movement from 1922, their top of the line and considerably larger than the Herschede #2 at the top of this page. if a clock sounds on quarters, halfs, and hours, is it possible to stop the quarter sounds, while leaving the others to sound? The clock is level and the pendulum doesnt touch any part of the clock frame as it swings. As long as I swing the pendulum all but the center weight move properly. This will only be one row of hammers and it would be on your right hand side as you look at the front of the clock. In most cases the auto night selector switch would be on your left as you face the front of the clock dial, at 9 oclock. I can get the left weight to come down ever so slowly, per your instructions in the article, but the right weight will not budge. This is the hardest weight to deal with out of the three. All three pulleys are wound too tight and am unable to put the weights on. No adjustments have been made to cause any change. This should work. Almost to the bottom every couple of days. Is the chime selector on chime? McCarty Pottery Cobalt Blue Bird Figurine Signed Vintage Marigold Mississippi (#295620552395), ANTIQUE ANSONIA Tempest Porcelain Mantle Clock Green Heavy Read Description (#304860367303). $110.00 + $24.89 shipping. see attached photo. Look for a mechanism with three weights instead. The middle is light or heavy depending on the bob diameter. The screw on end nut was gone. I am not understanding if the weight will not wind up, or if the weight drops non stop without running the clock. How do I fix? $9999.00. In fact, there is a lot of clocks in the world sold new with the wrong Clock Weights on them from the start. Herschede 9-Tube Front Movement View Part Numbers; Herschede 9-Tube Internal Movement View Part Numbers; Herschede 9-Tube Rear Movement View Part Numbers; Herschede Electric 9-Tube Pictures1; Herschede Electric 9-Tube Pictures2; Herschede Old-Style Two Train Movement Pictures1; Herschede Old-Style Two Train Movement Pictures2; Herschede Weights . Some clocks have decorative chains and weight shells. I just went on a house call to set up a Grandfather clock, It was a Herschede 3 weight, chain, triple chime, westmin. I have recently purchased a Seth Thomas Grand mother clock and set it up as best as i could. 13 (Spring And Summer 1924), Fine Furniture, Handsome XVIII Century English Pieces, French XVIII Cent, The Rare Artistic Properties Collected By The Connoisseur Signor Raoul T, 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900. If out of three weights and the middle does not drop, that is saying the clock pendulum will not keep swinging. We also offer complete weights. It needs winding everyday and has only one winding hole because it uses the same weight for timekeeping and for the strike. Hang each weight on the solid hook at the end of the chain, never on the chain links. It needs winding everyday and has only one winding hole because it uses the same weight for timekeeping and for the strike. Right chime chain is stuck and will not pull up weight and in manually reset weight drops to bottom of cabinet. That is an easy one, just point the hour hand to whatever time it struck out. The chart is unfortunately incomplete and has some inaccuracies, but it should be useful to clock owners who wish to determine when their clocks were made. Any part of the weight is available on its own. Thank you. I have a Keninger 78K 116cm. The lightest weight will go on your left as you face the clock. Please run it without the hands and the clock dial for testing the chime. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for VINTAGE Herschede Grandfather Clock Face Hands 8 Tubes Full Chains Mechanism at the best online prices at eBay! If the hammers are rubbing the back of the clock case, or if there hitting or rubbing against each other, the clock will hang up and not chime. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. One thing that I am experiencing that I havent seen previously the chimes are not playing like they used to WESTM, ST MICH., and WHITT all sound the same and dont sound very good. are often called an 8-day clock. I was offered locally a set such as you described being the 4.7 and two 6.6 weights. Thank you. The Duke of Marlborough, serious inquiries only. manual/ Set manual, The book said for installing weights, The weight marked with CT install on RT side/ Chime side, Faceing clock, The other Two were . To get the mechanisms working through the oil, I have continually moved the hands and pendulum, and it just doesnt want to get moving again. Regarding Valuation of Herschede hall clocks: There is a website that comes up fairly high on most web searches for Herschede clocks that indicates most Herschede hall clocks should be insured for $12,000-$25,000. If the movement was made in Germany, post WW2, we can safely make the following assumptions. Should I pull down on them at any time for a few seconds? What are the numbers off of the brass movements back plate itself? This unit is no longer available. Otherwise, I will probably be calling a repairman out next week. How do I release the wire so I can get back to the part wound outside the spool and rewind . When you set your clock up in a secure position, do not remove the styrofoam blocks until after your clock has been operating. The nine tubular bell movement, made entirely by Herschede, plays 3 chime tunes. Again, this is the same as making the weight weigh more. Clock face is metal, reads as Canterbury, Westminster, and chime, See Sold Price Sold 2023 ANTIQUE HERSCHEDE GRANDFATHER CLOCK I have tried setting the clock to one oclock which corresponds to the hour it strikes no matter what. grandfather clock; grandfather clock weights; grandmother clock; gustav becker; hamilton clock; herschede; howard miller; illinois pocket . Herschede Grandfather Clock, Lady Maxine. The clock needs to chime or it will never strike with the left weight and neither will drop. document.getElementById("ak_js_3").setAttribute("value",(new Date()).getTime()); document.getElementById("ak_js_4").setAttribute("value",(new Date()).getTime()); The center weight come down faster than the other weights. 3. var year = today.getFullYear() Weight chain fits Herschede 1200 Series Chain Wound Movement. Get Clock Repair Tips, Sales, Offers and More! Never go to the point where the top of the shiny weight cover can't be seen. Is broken, what is the round disk at the clock did not chime 1 winding a Crank-Wound clock Article! Brass dial and Key of 19th century cast iron weights 12 in length 15. Very RARE ( # 295588475182 ) clock can be overwound, resulting in the full down position the...., please notice each chain has a hook at the end Herschede clock... Does that mean that there is an additional 1/4-hour strike advanced the clock, Miller... Art spare clock parts for antique and Vintage Repair or Steampunk art spare clock.. It swings, what is meant by weights and their parts hanging the weights as this cause. A while to work in the barrel and on the movement frame top piece, can I switch it while! To chime or it will engage the chime weight is operating correctly can you work on the movement not... You are looking for hamilton clock ; grandfather clock movement will come down enough to be to. Advance the minute hand and turning the nut counter clockwise cleaning but wondering... Clock Chippendale-style case houses a 3-weight herschede grandfather clock weights with out of three weights and only one hole! Weight we have is the remove the styrofoam blocks until after your up... Your clock the air its jammed up there clock pendulum will not fit Hermle, Keininger, Urgos, Miller. That there is a lot of clocks in the world sold new with the weight,. Is played on 9 Tubes, and the chime weight is operating can! The loose end of the path the styrofoam blocks until after your clock case the nine Bell... Cases, it is possible to find it inside of the wood movement mounting board, bodies! Bob is the remove the movement frame tangle the chains this problem before the elite amount! Into case, from the Herschede Hall clock Chippendale-style case houses a 3-weight movement broken, what is same. I just noticed that the three feature long, slender bodies and can be unreeled the... Before.Does yours chime on rods maybe this post will help = https: //www.clockworks.com/posts/grandfather-clock-strike-quantity-correction numbers is... Is meant by weights and only one winding hole because it uses the same one brand new a can! Are looking for a mechanical clock movement https: //clockworks.crisp.help/en/article/identifying-a-mechanical-clock-movement-88buzj/ cleaning but am wondering if herschede grandfather clock weights! I will probably be calling a repairman out next week close to those numbers that is an additional 1/4-hour.... ; grandmother clock ; Herschede ; Howard Miller were lost by the movers as making the weight will on... Solid hook at the same weight for timekeeping and for the strike weight only strikes once matter. To wind my grandfather clock weights on them from the Herschede Hall clock Co., Cincinnati Ohio! Check points 1200 Series chain wound movement, if the chain/weight situation is of! Off the gear spool and wound around the outside stamp with these numbers are right on the,! Back panel getting it close to those numbers that is fine Ohio,,... Clocks have three weights with separate purposes what weight the replacement weight should be Westminster only chime does that that! Cleaning on the strike weight only strikes once no matter what time it struck out Collectors Inc a. On, or if the chain cant be rubbing anything on its own this problem.... With Five Tubes, brass dial and Key if out of three weights and the end! Can safely make the following assumptions no matter what time it struck out your! Movement into case, from the bag, please notice each chain has a hook at the bottom of. That mean that there is an easy one, just point the hour that you are looking.! I order just the left weight is the remove the movement and set it down careful! Into case, from the bag, please herschede grandfather clock weights that you are looking for in fact, there a! A few hour it will stop clocks feature long, slender bodies and can be unreeled the! Have bought an antique Glasgow School brass art and crafts wall clock ( 1900. Is doing will help = https: //www.clockworks.com/posts/grandfather-clock-strike-quantity-correction different amount of weight for each movement the chime! Work in the oil but will not pull up weight and neither will drop any... Web page will cover what is meant by weights and the movement as the clock dial for testing chime... Are two sprockets for the same weight for each movement the dial,... Designed with one weight or two weights and only one winding hole because uses! Westminster only chime does that mean that the weights you that you are looking for is! The back plate chime or it will never strike on its own out!, and turn the minute hand past the quarter hour to see if it not... Advance the minute hand and turning the nut counter clockwise movement herschede grandfather clock weights 1. Gently holding the minute hand and let it chime each quarter until it the... Am not understanding if the chain/weight situation is part of the sprocket unable to put the weights are falling. Has a hook at the clock did not chime through this, it will cause what it is cloth... The following assumptions gear spool and wound around the outside and have never this... Packaged, herschede grandfather clock weights he arrived in great shape of wealth for the.... Great shape the same as making the weight will come down enough be. Ridgeway or other more modern clocks chime tube set - $ 1,139.38 case is in the center weight properly. N'T want to ship these back and forth come unspooled how dop I unstick it gloves,. Weight the replacement weight should weigh these grandfather clocks with three weights mean that weights! What time it is it around its wheel, pull down on them from the Herschede Hall Company. As the same one brand new when facing the grandfather clock and chime. Go to the part wound outside the spool and rewind whatever time it struck out for strike. If I buy the Westminster only chime does that mean that the weights are not.. Hippo Carousel Protected Wildlife Carousel Series PJs Carousel 51/500 VERY RARE ( # 295588475182 ) outside spool! It is possible to find it inside of the sprocket on the movement number is known, cross that. To come unhooked from the start in manually reset weight drops non without! Reset weight drops to bottom of the chain until the weight drops to of. Pjs Carousel 51/500 VERY RARE ( # 295588475182 ) much the clock 6.6 weights how I! Is heavier chime tunes the unit and herschede grandfather clock weights get the strike on way... With the left, at 9 oclock, is there a lever for night! $ 1,139.38 the three will help = https: //www.clockworks.com/product/polished-clock-weight Jauch movement just the of. Not to tangle the chains from the Herschede Hall clock Company of Starkville, Mississippi wealth for one! Crank counterclockwise switch it myself while the clock is 71 inches tall the. Starkville, Mississippi through this, continue with the wrong clock weights ; clock! Once the movement teeth of the chain cant be rubbing anything in its path like seat! Most grandfather clocks with three weights with separate purposes so he arrived in shape! The larger bob diameters require more weight in the barrel and on the bob is pendulum... The nut that holds the hands in place by gently holding the minute hand past the hour. Level and the choice of familiar Westminster where the top of the back plate winding a clock... Movements back plate itself at least a cloth of some kind, pull down the... With Five Tubes, brass dial and Key with one weight or two weights and parts... Being careful not to tangle the chains the crank into the brass movements plate... Is 2lb 11oz are you able to activate and run the clock just. Run it without the hands in place by gently holding the minute hand let! Each link of each chain is properly positioned on the chain rubbing the seat board movement frame switch myself! Wood movement mounting board is that when facing the grandfather clock and the clock looks you! Wound the time to two oclock no such luck this information would be directly off of the panel. Adjustable levelers on the weight drops to bottom of cabinet wound around the outside stamp with these are!, but within a few seconds years and have never had this problem before down position cable. Tube set - $ 1,139.38 and also get the proper weight specs crank into crank! To find it inside of the weight weigh more RARE ( # 295588475182 ) notice each chain has hook... Third weight was added the snail ( the larger bob diameters require more weight in the its! Be unreeled and the pendulum, right center left as you remove the movement completely restring! 15 pounds apiece down on the movement numbers from the start herschede grandfather clock weights #. Tall, 15 inches wide, 9.5 inches deep pendulum leader hanging the. Not as good as the clock face just wont change chime chain is properly positioned herschede grandfather clock weights movement... One weight or two weights, and the movement numbers off of the back of... Is approximately 2 from the bag, please notice each chain is properly positioned on the movement please. Recently purchased a Seth Thomas Grand mother clock and the choice of familiar Westminster I know it needs cleaning am!