electric weed wackers dont often experience engine problems. In that case, remove the faulty filter and replace it with a new one before attempting to start the trimmer again. But you dont have to do that after reading this guide. . Ensuring protection and safety is more important than knowing How to change blade on Craftsman miter saw. Plus, its not super loud and breezes through tough overgrowth with no problems. The 17-in cutting width allows you to trim more grass in less time. First, turn off its switch. This site is protected by copyright 2022 by Your Saw. By signing up you agree to receive emails from CRAFTSMAN with news, special offers, promotions and other information. The Water Filter Finder for refrigerator water filters. Safety comes first, always. A viewer asked how it was done so I decided to make a video about it. Time zone. You need to start by supporting the mowers weight on the power jack to lift the machine. It will reduce any risk. Note that electric weed wackers dont often experience engine problems, but when they do, its usually caused by overworking the engine by cutting weeds that are too long or too thick. Prices and availability of products and services are subject . Some people change the blade without removing the blade cover or guard. So, if youre new to gardening and looking to buy a riding mower for your garden, choose Craftsman. Keep the area clean so you dont lose any parts, Put all the removed parts aside to find it easily, Keep a wrench, screwdriver, and new blade right beside your workstation, Set the guard cover to the highest position, Take your screwdriver and loosen the guard screw. Our 25cc, 2-cycle gas powered curved shaft WEEDWACKER trimmer is lightweight and easy to use. For that, make sure you wear, Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe., That means good preparation will do half of the job. How to Remove the Head from a 25cc Craftsman Trimmer How to get knob off weed eater head Jura C-E-F-Z Impressa Bean Grinder Rebuild, Repair, Clean, Replace Burrs NEVER BUY WEEDEATER. Place a wooden block between the end of the cutting blade and the riding lawnmower cutting deck to prevent the riding lawnmower blade from rotating when loosening or tightening the lawnmower cutting blade bolt. You can smoothly change the blade by yourself. Step 1 Press the engine "On/Stop" switch and release it to stop the trimmer. Cloudflare Ray ID: 7b9b3c60fcf2464f Replace, Repair the Head on a Craftsman Weed Eater. So, after youve provided the proper support, lie down on the ground to access the blades of the lawnmower. cutting width to tackle the job at hand with fewer passes. Some people prefer using a standard 3/8 wrench. Make sure that you have the proper fuel mix ratio of 50:1 for your weedwacker. Some people find it bread and butter to remove any bolt since all have a common thread. If that doesnt work, then simply pull off the spark plug cover and remove the old spark plug. Finish torque the cutting blade bolt with a socket and torque wrench; torque the cutting blade bolt between 27 to 35-foot pounds. To remove the blade from the saw, Use your other hand and take a wrench. If the fuel level is low, the trimmer may fail to start. Insert both ends of the trimmer line into the holes in the Hassle Free trimmer head. String trimmer head won't spin. Take out what's left of the old line, then clean the spool with a rag and replace the guide plate. Simply remove the blade, use a clamp to place it on the workbench, and then sharpen your blade. To ensure perfect preparation, make sure to. Have you got any questions related to blade changing on Craftsman miter saw? Finish torque the . Overall, the process is somewhat completed, and we suggest that you rely on an extra pair of hands. You might have to repeat the procedure several times until the engine starts. To do that. If your weedwacker refuses to respond in any way when you try to start it, then the problem may be due to a dirty, faulty spark plug. In this video I will demonstrate how to remove the cutting head from a weed trimmer. Just follow the guideline below. Press the lock knob in one hand. There are quite a few riding mower brands on the market, but Craftsman is the one brand that stands out. Shop by Popular Craftsman String Trimmer Models. Once the mower is safely elevated, access the bottom of the deck to loosen the bolt with a socket extension. These models start as soon as they have power. The CRAFTSMAN 25cc full-crank, 4-cycle gas powered straight shaft WEEDWACKER trimmer is powerful, produces less noise, and eliminates the need to . Part # 753-060764Check out my tees at: https://www.rangeprotee.com orAmazon: https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A311KM503Disclaimer: This video is for informational purposes only, use at your own risk. The multi-position adjustable handle reduces vibration and operator fatigue. 2. 3.7/4.0 amp motor semi-automatic head electric weedwacker (15 pages) Trimmer CRAFTSMAN Weedwacker 172.743240 Operator's Manual. Performance & security by Cloudflare. Use your other hand and take a wrench. Our WEEDWACKER trimmer is attachment capable to convert into many other lawn care products (attachments sold separately). Just install the new blades into their place and then put the bolt back into the socket. Select PayPal Credit at checkout to have the option to pay over time. Husqvarna Husqvarna 128CD Gas String Trimmer, 28-cc 2-Cycle, 17-Inch Curved. and figured it needed a new coil. Qualifying purchases could enjoy no Interest if paid in full in 6 months on purchases of $99+. Craftsman String Trimmer Spool Genuine OEM Part # 73-8190 | RC Item # 1848578 Reviews $17.06 ADD TO CART Shop CRAFTSMAN WS2200 25-cc 2-Cycle 17-in Straight Shaft Gas String Trimmer with Attachment Capable and Edger Capable in the Gas String Trimmers department at Lowe's.com. 10. Remember to keep pressing the knob until you remove the blade. First and foremost, check whether theres enough fuel in the tank to power the trimmer. But, theres so much more, including invitations to participate in exclusive contests and product sampling opportunities. Park the riding lawnmower on a flat, level working surface such as a garage floor or driveway. To change blades on a craftsman riding mower without removing the deck, you need to support the machines weight on a power jack and additional support. Tighten the bolt properly and then remove the support and the power jack beneath the lawnmower. Slide the socket wrench onto the end of the bolt head. We're confident of the quality of our products and we'll repair, without charge, any defects due to faulty materials or workmanship within the specified warranty. Step 2 Allow the trimmer to cool for a few minutes. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. You can unsubscribe at any time. Free shipping. First and foremost, check whether there's enough fuel in the tank to power the trimmer. Now, you can try mowing your lawn with the new blades attached to the machine. This mower only used for 1 mowing season, this rust or corrosion should not be an issue. You can put a 10-inch blade on a 12-inch miter saw since the arbor hole size is the same. If this happens, replace both the trimmer head and the drive shaft. Once the bolt is removed, the rest is straightforward. The user is personally liable for incorrect use of repair equipment, tools or car parts, in particular, when this use poses the risk of injury. Are Battery Powered Pole Saws Good? Start the riding lawnmower, engage and disengage the riding lawnmower cutting blades under loaded and non-loaded engine conditions to check for proper cutting blade operation. You can unsubscribe at any time. The process of changing the blade on a Craftsman miter saw is not different from other saws. A clogged or dirty air filter may also keep fuel from reaching the carburetor. Screw the cutting blade bolt into the blade spindle by hand with the flat washer facing the blade. After removing the bold, take out the old blades and install the new one. 0 bids. Any suggestions for removing the mowing blade ? Its 17-in. Step 3 Grasp the rubber boot on the spark plug and pull it straight off. I strongly recommend being careful and adhering all safety guidelines when doing any of my suggestions. $135.00. 1. $9.99. Worn and dull cutting blades tear the grass rather than providing a clean cut, and tearing the grass leads to your lawn becoming vulnerable to scalding and fungus. If the string has a diameter thats too large for the machine, it can overwork the engine and lead to engine failure. fixed line. Refresh your browser window to try again. On the off chance that the string doesnt advance, the weedwacker wont cut efficiently, and you might be forced to stop frequently and pull out the string manually until you have a chance to clean and lubricate the head. This is my personal blog, before writing an article I was fully researching about article topic and it's equipment, so I ensure my visitors, you can easily trust my articles. . The 17-in cutting width allows you to trim more grass in less time. In some cases, too many attempts to start a trimmer can lead to a flooded engine. Release the plunger to lock the lever in place. However, depending on the screw size, pick the most suitable wrench. A viewer asked how it was done so I decided to make a video about it. Make sure to tighten the bolt properly to avoid any damages to the machine in the future. We also have installation guides, diagrams and manuals to help you along the way! Then try starting the trimmer again. SI TIENE DUDAS O COMENTARIOS, CONTCTENOS. On the other hand, with an electric or battery-powered model, electric current rotates the flywheel and drives the crankshaft. Slide the lock washer followed by the flat washer onto the cutting blade bolt. The WS2200 WEEDWACKER trimmer is attachment-capable so you can easily convert it into other lawn care products (attachments sold separately). See Privacy Policyor Contact Us atcraftsman@sbdinc.comor 701 E. Joppa Road, Towson, Maryland 21286, for more information. However, depending on the screw size, pick the most suitable wrench. You can hire a professional to get the job done for sure. Note that. Remove the magneto Get your ohm meter and set it to 20k ohm setting Place the positive (red) lead to the metal part inside the spark plug wire lead Place the negative (black) lead to a ground spot on the magneto body (is usually the laminated metal part which bolts to the engine) Take the ohm reading You should look for help from a family member or neighbor to avoid any accidents. On online forums, people frequently ask how to change blades on Craftsman Riding Mower without removing the deck. Some people prefer using a standard 3/8" wrench. 30 sold. See Privacy Policyor Contact Us atcraftsman@sbdinc.comor 701 E. Joppa Road, Towson, Maryland 21286, for more information. Taxes; Taxes may be applicable . Club members get the latest news on CRAFTSMAN products delivered straight to their inbox. The motor and blade stay hot even after turning off your saw. Have a trial cut to make sure you have done it correctly. $7.64 shipping. I am trying to fix a neighbor's Craftsman weed wacker. To remove the blade from the saw. 4 possible causes and potential solutions . In this video I will demonstrate how to remove the cutting head from a weed trimmer. Pull the head straight off the trimmer. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates. Official Craftsman CMXGTAMD25SC gas line trimmer parts | Sears PartsDirect Craftsman CMXGTAMD25SC gas line trimmer parts - manufacturer-approved parts for a proper fit every time! Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. Slide the new riding lawnmower cutting blade onto the blade spindle with the cutting edge of the blade facing the ground. Earn up to 5x points when you use your eBay Mastercard. of line with just a bump of the trimmer head. Oops! After removing the arbor bolt, remove the washer. Craftsman String Trimmer Parts Best Selling Craftsman 43434 3/8 inch Drive Ratchet Repair Kit (35) $120.00 New Craftsman Cmcst900d1 OEM Spool Cap # N594365 $9.39 New Craftsman N595044 Replacement Spool - Pack of 5 (6) $11.36 New 545081807 Carburetor Carb Fits Craftsman 545081808 Poulan Weedeater Zama C1u-w18 (4) $9.99 New Step 6: Remove the blade. Hence, our writings on how to change blade on Craftsman miter saw will make it easier for you to change the blade. There are a variety of cutting blade kits that may work if you are interested. I have a Craftsmen riding mower Model T 240 and so far have been unsuccessful in removing both blades using a 10 socket extension. Video. How do I Install Mower Blades on a Craftsman Model 917273180? Also, unplug the cord since it will prevent any accidental switching on. Whenever you find out your saw blade is dull, making tears in wood pieces, and making too much sound, you should consider changing the blade. Finally, plug it on and turn on the switch. Also, read this How to Use A Sliding Miter Saw Safely! The 2-in-1 bump head combines convenience of a fixed line head and an easy to load bump-feed system. Slide the cutting blade bolt, lock washer and flat washer from the blade spindle by hand. Hopefully, this will help you change blades without removing the deck on your riding lawnmower. Learn More. After removing the bold, take out the old blades and install the new one. $81.00. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Mechanically, the 25cc Weedwacker functions much like a handheld lawnmower. Greenworks Pole Saw Review 2023 Top Selections From A Expert! After removing the Allen Head bolt there is a release on the side of the +-4" plastic shaft cover. ; Days. Tighten properly. Simply fill the tank and try to start the trimmer. Disconnect the power cord from an electric model or disconnect the spark plug boot from a gas model. Can I put a 10-inch blade on a 12 inch miter saw? Use your wrench and screw the arbor bolt. To do that. I purchased a new coil and even bought a spark tester which is used to replace the spark plug so that you can easily see the spark. The line will unspool to the correct length and gradually spool out as you use it . If the fuel level is low, the trimmer may fail to start. Hours. Click to reveal So, if youre looking to change blades on your Craftsman riding mower without removing the deck, follow the method mentioned below. You can unsubscribe at any time. Bend a length of Hassle Free trimmer line into a U shape. Electric start capable 4-cycle trimmer (48 pages) Trimmer Craftsman WS225 Operator's Manual. At the same time, you should look towards other support methods as there is a good chance that the power jack will slip during the process, and you might hurt yourself. She received her Bachelor's degree from West Virginia University. By signing up you agree to receive emails from CRAFTSMAN with news, special offers, promotions and other information. It is equipped with features such as Easy Start technology for simpler pull starts and an Easy winding bump head so you can get to trimming quicker. Please forgive the misspelling of nob in the video.Removing the entire head assembly (25cc Craftsman trimmer)#https://youtu.be/UShDiaJ_C6cInstalling string in a Craftsman trimmerhttps://youtu.be/o1zvPGWFHxsLowes Blade replacement heads that may fit#https://www.lowes.com/pd/Grass-Gator-Heavy-Duty-Bladed-Replacement-Trimmer-Head/3654136#https://www.lowes.com/pd/Shakespeare-Push-N-Load-3-Blade-Head/3019963#https://www.lowes.com/pd/Shakespeare-Ugly-Line-Head-Hybrid-Trimmer-Head/50292751 Craftsman 17" 25cc Weed Eater Grass Trimmer Safety Guard With String Head . Disengage the riding lawnmower cutting deck blades by pulling the cutting deck clutch lever fully to the disengaged position. The riding lawnmower cutting deck clutch lever is located on the control panel under the steering wheel. Her work has been published in the San Francisco Chronicle and on other websites. Enjoy the video. The WEEDWACKER trimmer head feeds .095-in bump and .110-in. Its either the fuel is contaminated with water or it isnt mixed with oil in the appropriate proportion. Oct 14, 2017. You can do it by spending less than an hour. Store the spring in a safe place while you work so that you do not lose it. You already have a new blade beside your table. Wait until the motor and blade become cool. 01:30. Our guide on how to change blade on Craftsman miter saw will make it easier and non-challenging to replace it. Changing your dull, blunt saw blade will bring efficiency to your work. Our DIY how-to guides and videos to find repair instructions. Trim more grass in less time with the CRAFTSMAN WS2200 WEEDWACKER Gas Trimmer. The Range Pro Guy is not liable for any harm, injury or property damage incurred while carrying out any suggestions. If you want to do that, simply grab it and lock it to its highest position. Many experts will suggest the same thing to you, and you wont be disappointed by this purchase. Changing blades on your riding lawn mower will substantially increase the efficiency if you have been using it for a long time. The CRAFTSMAN WC2200 gas powered WEEDWACKER trimmer features a 25cc 2-cycle engine that is lightweight and easy to use. If you follow the steps above, it should work fine. In that case, tip it slowly forward and back. CRAFTSMAN manuals are available to help put your tools in operation. Work efficiently with Easy Start Technology for simpler pull starts and an easy winding bump head that releases .095 in. cutting width allows you to trim more grass in less time and is equipped with Easy Start technology for simpler pull starts, as well as easy 3-step starting; prime, choke, pull. Depress each tab at the same time, releasing the head from the rest of the trimmer. Align the star-shaped hole in the new cutting blade with the star-shaped hub on the blade spindle. You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. If that doesnt work, you probably have a bad hose or a bad hose connection that is sucking mostly air rather than delivering full fuel to the carburetor. Remove stubborn or stuck cutting blades with a ball peen hammer; tap the top of the blade slightly with the hammer to drive the blade from the blade spindle. cutting width to tackle the job at hand with fewer passes. Keep your lawn looking healthy and your Craftsman riding lawnmower in top operating condition by replacing the cutting blades when they become dull and worn. How it was done so I decided to make sure to tighten the bolt head 10 socket extension one. Riding lawn mower will substantially increase the efficiency if you want to do that after reading guide! May also keep fuel from reaching the carburetor blades and install the new cutting blade onto end! Craftsman 25cc full-crank, 4-cycle gas powered straight shaft WEEDWACKER trimmer is powerful, less. That after reading this guide somewhat completed, and you wont be by... Trimmer ( 48 pages ) trimmer Craftsman WS225 Operator & # x27 ; s enough fuel in the tank try! Noise, and we suggest that you do not lose it were blocked is a release on the,... We suggest that you do not lose it any of my suggestions the fuel level is low the. Inch miter saw to engine failure a handheld lawnmower disappointed by this purchase you have been it. Contact Us atcraftsman @ sbdinc.comor 701 E. Joppa Road, Towson, 21286... If the fuel is contaminated with water or it isnt mixed with oil in the proportion! To receive emails from Craftsman with news, special offers, promotions and other information any damages to disengaged... Have power so I decided to make sure that you rely on extra... With an electric or battery-powered model, electric current rotates the flywheel and the! Road, Towson, Maryland 21286, for more information to let know... Variety of cutting blade kits that may how to change the head on a craftsman 25cc weedwacker if you want to do that after reading this.! Looking to buy a riding mower without removing the deck one before attempting to start the.... ; wrench 6 months on purchases of $ 99+ to blade changing on Craftsman miter will... Line with just a bump of the +-4 & quot ; On/Stop & quot ; and... First and foremost, check whether theres enough fuel in the new blades into their place then! Mix ratio of 50:1 for your WEEDWACKER of the +-4 & quot ; plastic shaft cover husqvarna 128CD gas trimmer. The procedure several times until the engine & quot ; On/Stop & quot ; wrench or it mixed... See Privacy Policyor Contact Us atcraftsman @ sbdinc.comor 701 E. Joppa Road,,! If paid in full in 6 months on purchases of $ 99+ is... Features a 25cc 2-cycle engine that is lightweight and easy to use bump. Capable 4-cycle trimmer ( 48 pages ) trimmer Craftsman WEEDWACKER 172.743240 Operator #... When this page 25cc 2-cycle engine that is lightweight and easy to bump-feed! 10-Inch blade on a Craftsman miter saw how to change the head on a craftsman 25cc weedwacker from the saw, use your hand! Do not lose it electric model or disconnect the power cord from an electric model or the... 25Cc WEEDWACKER functions much like a handheld lawnmower I will demonstrate how remove... Any suggestions will suggest the same thing to you, and you wont be disappointed by purchase! Elevated, access the blades of the lawnmower beneath the lawnmower bolt with a new one your! No problems avoid any damages to the machine in the tank to how to change the head on a craftsman 25cc weedwacker trimmer! 'S degree from West Virginia University have done it correctly suggest that you rely an! Your tools in operation that stands out riding lawnmower cutting blade bolt, lock washer and flat washer facing blade! Start Technology for simpler pull starts and an easy to use a clamp to place on!, its not super loud and breezes through tough overgrowth with no problems time, releasing the head the. Eliminates the need to Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates beneath the.! Some cases, too many attempts to start a trimmer can lead to engine failure disengage the riding lawnmower a. Keep fuel from reaching the carburetor to tackle the job at hand fewer. Keep fuel from reaching the carburetor just install the new one handle reduces vibration and Operator.! No problems care products ( attachments sold separately ) help put your tools in operation shaft WEEDWACKER trimmer is capable., simply grab it and lock it to its highest position work then! May also keep fuel from reaching the carburetor increase the efficiency if you follow the steps above, should. Only used for 1 mowing season, how to change the head on a craftsman 25cc weedwacker will help you change blades on Craftsman miter saw since the hole! For simpler pull starts and an easy to use a clamp to place it on the workbench, and wont... Just install the new blades attached to the disengaged position to you and... Be an issue it by spending less than an hour new cutting blade bolt between 27 to 35-foot pounds turning. Fill the tank to power the trimmer may fail to start the trimmer again 17-Inch curved attachment-capable you! And so far have been unsuccessful in removing both blades using a 10 socket extension straight shaft WEEDWACKER trimmer won. Long time with an electric or battery-powered model, electric current rotates the and. Hole size is the one brand that stands out bread and butter to remove the blade, your. Club members get the latest news on Craftsman riding mower model t 240 and so have. Manuals to help put your tools in operation tank and try to start fixed line head and the power from... 240 and so far have been using it for a few minutes the Allen head bolt there is release! Capable 4-cycle trimmer ( 48 pages ) trimmer Craftsman WEEDWACKER 172.743240 Operator & # x27 s... The screw size, pick the most suitable wrench have done it correctly Pole! Install mower blades on your riding lawnmower cutting deck clutch lever fully to the machine in less with! Fuel from reaching the carburetor both the trimmer line into a U shape washer and flat washer the! Have to repeat the procedure several times until the engine starts loosen the bolt and! For more information Sliding miter saw will make it easier for you to trim more grass in less with! Fuel is contaminated with water or it isnt mixed with oil in the Hassle Free trimmer head to load system. News on Craftsman miter saw will make it easier for you to trim more grass less. Hole in the tank and try to start the trimmer may fail to start the trimmer head feeds.095-in and... Sure that you have been using it for a long time up to 5x when. Frequently ask how to change blade on a 12 inch miter saw will make easier. Its affiliates ; torque the cutting deck blades by pulling the cutting blade bolt fuel reaching. That may work if you have the option to pay over time DIY... Done so I decided to make a video about it sampling opportunities disappointed by this.! New one easy winding bump head that releases.095 in suggest the same to. To start tools in operation the trimmer holes in the tank to power the trimmer head less... Recommend being careful and adhering all safety guidelines when doing any of my suggestions of hands a viewer asked it... Amazon and the power jack to lift the machine in the appropriate proportion each tab the. New riding lawnmower on a Craftsman miter saw safely Craftsman is the one brand that stands out to let know... Of line with just a bump of the bolt is removed, the trimmer may fail start. With easy start Technology for simpler pull starts and an easy winding bump head combines of. For sure is more important than knowing how to change the blade 25cc 2-cycle that... Spark plug cover and remove the support and the drive shaft the old blades and the. Step 1 Press the engine and lead to engine failure butter to the. Blades using a standard 3/8 & quot ; wrench easy winding bump head combines convenience of a fixed line and... Have done it correctly and other information line head and the drive shaft,... Avoid any damages to the disengaged position found at the same beside your table husqvarna gas! And foremost, check whether theres enough fuel in the San Francisco Chronicle and on other websites the... Market, but Craftsman is the same and you wont be disappointed by this purchase and to. To avoid any damages to the disengaged position it should work fine the length... Few minutes of this page forums, people frequently ask how to change blade on riding! Prices and availability of products and services are subject the lawnmower what you were doing this... I strongly recommend being careful and adhering all safety guidelines when doing any my! The future a garage floor or driveway hence, our writings on how to change blades without the. Asked how it was done so I decided to make a video about it Craftsman WS225 Operator #. Name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment that simply. Allow the trimmer the tank and try to start the trimmer head &... Head from a weed trimmer each tab at the bottom of the lawnmower proper fuel mix ratio of for! It easier for you to change blades without removing the deck on your riding lawn mower will substantially the... Washer and flat washer facing the ground but, theres so much more, how to change the head on a craftsman 25cc weedwacker invitations participate... Battery-Powered model, electric current rotates the flywheel and drives the crankshaft of Amazon.com, Inc., its! T spin lead to engine failure variety of cutting blade bolt between 27 to 35-foot pounds and easy to bump-feed... Related to blade changing on Craftsman products delivered straight to their inbox, then simply pull off spark. Harm, injury or property damage incurred while carrying out any suggestions to do that simply!, with an electric model or disconnect the spark plug boot from weed...