This is the best way to clean a glass stove top. Then, use a sponge or scrub brush to scrub the area until the stain comes up. You should never use a household glass cleaner like Windex to clean your glass stove top because the ammonia found in those cleaners can streak or stain the surface of the stove. 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Its essential to avoid your stovetop when cooking. Let the baking soda sit for a few seconds. 4. Cleaning your stovetop with vinegar is a great way to remove grease and grime. After about 10 minutes, pick up the towel and use it to scrub the stove top clean, rinsing often. In addition to being unsightly, a dirty gas stove can also be a safety hazard. Remember to completely remove the grates as well, as they can hinder the cleaning process, not to mention theyll need a thorough cleaning themselves. To clean your gas stovetop, mix the ingredients in a large container. Its also good to have your stovetop inspected by a professional every few years to check for potential fire hazards. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. When possible, cook using lower temperatures instead of high heat. Mix baking soda with vinegar in a ratio of 1:2 for a more robust cleaning solution. Combine 1/2 cup of baking soda with 1/2 cup of warm water to make the paste, stir them together until well combined. Plus theyre strong and durable, like cloth, so they dont disintegrate when they get wet, which makes them great for cleaning! You likely spent a lot of money on your oven, why shouldn't it be well-taken care of?". Image Credit: Glimpses of Grace via YouTube. Johnny Miller. And. One evening, after a family dinner, my mom rushed to my kitchen to help me with dishes and leftover mess. Avoid putting too much pressure on the stovetop to prevent it from cracking. Then, when we do get some time to do some cleaning, we end up facing tough stains or greasy surfaces that they need more work than they require. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. To make your cleaning mixture, pour about a half cup of baking soda into a small bowl, then slowly add hydrogen peroxide, mixing until it forms a slightly runny paste. "For cleaning the oven glass, I also like to make a spray of equal parts water and distilled white vinegar with a few drops of added lemon oil for scent," she says. Love it. Will it take the color off? If the problem persists, its best to consult a professional. Try this: Mix equal parts water, baking soda, and salt to create a mild abrasive paste. You may also need to clean the burner heads and gas jets periodically to prevent clogs. Now spray oven cleaner or white vinegar; it will neutralize the odor and break down the dirt. Finally, rinse the rings with water and dry them thoroughly before returning them to the stovetop. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. And all it took was two ingredients I already had in the house, plus a bit of scrubbing! Vinegar also acts as a degreaser. Skip to content By this point, the stovetop should be mostly clean. If your stovetop is still dirty after cleaning, there may be a build-up of grease or food particles. The cleaning methods for your stovetop depend on the kind of material it is made from. That's why it's essential to take care when cleaning this type of stovetop, adds Stapf. Then, using a clean cloth, wipe down the grates and stove top. Cleaning the burner drip pans with vinegar. Make a paste with the water and baking soda. Were obsessed with these gloves; theyre hands-down the best. By taking care of your stovetop, you can help it last longer and keep it looking its best. Apply the paste to any splotches on the stovetop, then wait a few minutes. . Wipe down your stovetop, paying attention to any dirty or greasy areas. The gunk and stains should start to come up right away as you scrub! First, remove the burner plates and caps, then soak them in a mixture of hot water and dish soap while you clean the rest of the stove. Both non-toxic and safe to use around food surfaces, baking soda (a natural alkali) and vinegar (a natural acid) work together to help lift off stubborn stains and grease for easy wiping. Let it sit overnight, and scrub the grate with a non-abrasive sponge or brush to remove any build-up. Ready to roll up your sleeves? When it comes to grilling. Baking soda packs a one-two punch for cleaning as it breaks substances down but the abrasive quality is mild enough you can scrub without scratching. Place the soaked rag on the burnt on areas, making sure that all parts of the fabric touch the burned spots. Wipe down your stovetop, paying attention to any dirty or greasy areas. Slice a lemon in half and rub the baking soda covered surface with the lemon. When youre done scrubbing the burner caps and plates with a sponge, put them back on. Use a combination of baking soda, warm water, and dish soap to degrease an electric stove. Use a soft toothbrush and a small amount of toothpaste to remove stubborn food residue from your glass or ceramic stove top. Instead, take your equal parts vinegar and water solution and mop away. Some of us are just so busy that we sometimes cannot spare some hours to do those kinds of tasks. I have a completely safe, natural, and effective method to get the job done no harsh chemicals and no high-heat auto-cleaning with smoke detector funny business. Beacleaner.com - All Rights Reserved, How To Clean A Stove Top With Baking Soda, How to Clean Grease Off a Stove Top with Baking Soda. First, turn off the gas supply and ensure the stove is excellent before beginning any cleaning. Toothpaste that has baking soda in it will certainly do the trick. We recommend our users to update the browser. Every ingredient is simple, thoughtful and necessary. If you decide to use a store-bought cleaner, make sure to closely follow the instructions on its label so that you dont accidentally cause any damage to your stove. Consumer Reports Home Editor Dan Diclerico says for hard-to-clean spills or burned-on messes, gently scrape with a single-edge razor blade at a 45-degree angle to get under the spill without scratching the surface. Take care when setting down and moving around pots and pans, especially heavy ones made of cast iron. Im so thrilled with how clean it got; the stove top is pure white again! Remove the drip pans from your stovetop and place them in the sink. By this point, the burners surface should be exposed and ready to be given a preemptive wipe down. But I didnt know how to clean stove top with vinegar or any other cleansing ingredient from my kitchen. Old rags. Pour some of the paste out onto the stubborn spots on the stove, grab aViva Vantagetowel, and start scrubbing! After the stovetop has cooled down, go through the basic cleaning process outlined above to avoid a permanent stain. Method 1 Doing Regular Cleaning Download Article 1 Sprinkle some baking soda over the cooktop. We are no longer supporting IE (Internet Explorer), Do not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Make your stove last longer with these tips: When cooking on a stovetop, its essential to use the correct cookware. First, be sure to unplug the stove before beginning any cleaning. Wipe away remaining residue using a damp sponge or cloth. Dip a clean sponge into the bowl and wring it out so that it's damp but not dripping. If you dont have a spray bottle on hand, you can sprinkle the solution to achieve a similar effect, but try to be careful when doing so, as it can be easy to add too much or too little. Anyway, for today's video, I wanted to share with you all how I attempted to clean my gas stove top with baking soda, vinegar and spot clean with dish soap. Heres how to clean a stove top the best way. Get our best recipes, grocery finds, and clever kitchen tips delivered to your inbox. These 20 common household cleaning products should never be mixed. I hope y'all enjoy and I will see you guys in a few days! Moisten a towel in hot water and drape it over the baking soda and vinegar. 1. Will Baking Soda Clean a Glass Top Stove? 2. Here's a how-to-do manual: 1. tb1234. Keep in mind while youre cooking that sugar-based stains like chocolate or even tomato sauce need to be removed while the surface is still warm, otherwise they could end up binding to the glass, Diclerico says. Wait 15-30 minutes. Fortunately, when it comes to supplies, this approach is as convenient as it gets. And, unlike a gas or electric stovetop with coils, the flat design of a glass stovetop is easier to clean, says Leanne Stapf, chief operating officer of The Cleaning Authority. Take some baking soda in your hand, sprinkle them all over the burner area and wait for two hours. Additionally, stay away from highly concentrated solutions or hard-bristle brushes, as they can significantly damage the burners surface. Everything You Need to Know. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. When doing so, ensure that both the surface and the movable parts are entirely dry, as otherwise, the trapped moisture may cause some damage. Together, baking soda and vinegar are an effective option for cleaning this type of surface. We never sell your information or use your email address for anything other than user login or our newsletter (if you sign up for it). How to Build a DIY Modern Raised Planter Box, This DIY Trap Can Help Rid Snakes From Yards, 75 Crafts to Make and Sell For Profit | Top Selling DIY Ideas, DIY Teddy Bear Hot Air Balloon Decoration, How to Paint an Easter Egg Baby Chick on a Stone, 100 DIY Bedroom Decor Ideas | Creative Room Projects, 34 DIY Home Decor Ideas Made With Repurposed Crates, 43 Simple Snacks To Make in Less Than 5 Minutes, 34 DIY Photo Albums To Showcase All Those Pics, 31 Free Printables and Templates for Mason Jars, Visit our friends at DIY Projects for Teens. An article attributed to "Martha Stewart Editors" indicates when several writers and editors have contributed to an article over the years. They offer two methods for how to clean a stove top and keep it clean. Is this safe to use on a black enamel stove top? HOW TO CLEAN YOUR STOVE WITH BAKING SODA AND VINEGAR! We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. Thanks for the tip Im so happy I found you I bought a new top stove and after using it for a week it got really grease and and it looks like I bought it 2 years ago , I tried your way and it worked great thanks a million my wife is happy now. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright 2023 Jessi Wohlwend Creative LLC. Then rub the surface using a slice of lemon. Lemon juice is also a natural cleanser/purifier and can be used to clean your stovetop. 2. If the area is still dirty, you can use a mild cleaner or baking soda and vinegar mixture. We recommend our users to update the browser. 100 % achievable strategyContinue, Out of many, the best George Foreman grills have dominated the market for several reasons. Step Two: Apply Baking Soda Sprinkle baking soda over the entire surface. https://www.mykitchenescapades.com/how-to-clean-stove-grates-no-scrubbing/. When shes not writing, you can usually find her tending to her garden (both vegetables and native plants), playing with her dog, watching sports with her family or getting some exercise. Was just about to give up trying to get all the stains off. Mix equal baking soda and vinegar parts together for a basic cleaning solution and apply it to the dirty area. (See what we did there?) Consult your manufacturers instructions for any specific cleaning product recommendations. But for good measure, its best to use the remaining half of the vinegar solution to give the burners an additional wipe down. Sprinkle baking soda directly over the stained area and add a bit of water to make a paste. Now that youve reassembled the gas stovetop, the surface will be clean and ready to use again. We are no longer supporting IE (Internet Explorer) as we strive to provide site experiences for browsers that support new web standards and security practices. HER Kitchen is changing the outdated stigma that gluten free cookies are boring and blend. Order a pair before you get down to business. That night, she taught me how to clean stove top without adding any store-bought chemical detergent. Sarah says that people should 'avoid . Set the spray bottle aside for later use. Next, make a paste with baking soda and water (the paste should be thick) and coat all the grates with the mixture. Must use good quality paper towels with this method. One end of your stove may vary from the other, and the same goes for their cleaning and care instructions. (p.s. . This is a suitable method for cleaning stove top grates. Then, go back to your stovetop and remove any crumbs or debris. First, allow the burners to cool completely before removing the cast iron grates. Apply this mixture to the dirty area and let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing. Then take another small bowl, and make a paste-like solution of baking soda and . If you dont like bleach or any harsh chemical for cleaning your stovetop, vinegar may help. Glimpses of Grace 23.5K subscribers Subscribe 665K views 6 years ago CLEANING ROUTINES! A glass stovetop is easy to clean, but you'll need the right tools to maintain it. Fill any openings in the oven with foil. **********HOW TO CLEAN YOUR STOVE WITH BAKING SODA AND VINEGAR!Hi guys! We try to keep the stove top clean by wiping it down after were done cooking, but sometimes stuff just gets baked on and it wont come off! Making the vinegar couldnt be easier, as all you have to do is mix white vinegar and water in a 1:1 ratio. However, be sure to rinse the surface well afterward so that no vinegar residue is left behind. Fill a bowl with equal parts of water and vinegar. I am a mother who loves cooking and my favorite place in our house is our kitchen. Just use paper towels or something else soft; its safe on enamel unless you use steel wool or something like that because it could scratch the surface. Luckily, you can easily clean gas stove burners with baking soda and vinegar. Shes written for several publications beyond newspapers including Bob Vila, Taste of Home and Minnesota Parent, and she currently writes a weekly syndicated newspaper column. Always take your racks out even if you are using your oven's self-cleaning function; the heat during the cycle can warp racks. https://www.mykitchenescapades.com/how-to-clean-stove-grates-no-scrubbing/. One of the best ways to prevent stovetop fires is to keep the surface clean and free of any built-up grease or food particles. As you can see, you wont need to rinse the surface after using this cleaning method, as youve only used natural, toxin-free ingredients. Rinse the drip pans with hot water and dry them thoroughly before putting them back on the stovetop. Be sure to mark the handle Cleaning. Then use a damp cloth to wipe away any debris. Scratchy materials can leave behind scratches that make a cooktop look dull instead of shiny. 2. It will give the vinegar time to break down the dirt and grime. Cleaning oil spills and burnt food from your stovetop can be challenging even for the most experienced. My stove is once again stain free. Now place the grates and the burner caps in the soapy hot water and allow it to soak for 10-15 minutes. This can cause food to spill over and make it more difficult to control the heat, damaging your stovetop. I will use your method next time to clean my stove! Apply dish soap to a scrubby sponge and gently scrub the affected area. This is my favorite way to clean stove grates! Soak the stove top grates in warm water and dish soap in your sink. When the vinegar mixes with the baking soda, you'll notice fizzing. For tough stains, you'll need something powerful. Slicing, View Post How Can You Slice Meat With A Mandoline: 4 Easy Guide To KnowContinue, Do you need oil to sear a steak? After about 10 minutes, pick up the towel and use it to scrub the stove top clean, rinsing often. Cleaning a gas stoves surface doesnt have to include any harsh chemicals or abrasive brushes. And while the self-cleaning function can be a great "quick-fix" cleaning alternative, she notes, "You should still aim to deep clean your oven regularly! TheViva Vantage towels have a scrubby texture, kinda like terry cloth, so they work great for scrubbing the stove top. High heat can damage your stovetop, so its best to avoid it. Therefore, if you want to learn more about what each step entails and how to go through it in the most efficient way possible, keep reading. Method 1 Using a Vinegar Solution 1 Take off any removable burner elements and soak them in hot water. 1. Add the vinegar solution. Steph Coelho is a freelance writer and homebody with a passion for home and kitchen goods. For regular daily quick-cleans, all you really need is to spray the stove top with a mix of vinegar and water and wipe it down with a microfiber cloth. As for how often you should really be cleaning your oven, Poepping recommends every few weeks, though this will vary depending on how often you use your oven. Apply the paste to the drip pans with the toothbrush and scrub away. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. If racks need heavy-duty cleaning, apply the paste. Only after getting rid of all food fallout will you be able to properly clean the equipment with your vinegar solution and baking soda. There are a few things that could be causing this issue. *All image credit belongs to Glimpses of Grace via YouTube. Take an old toothbrush, scrub with it gently for a few minutes, and leave it for another five minutes. White Vinegar and Baking Soda Recipe 1 jug of white vinegar 3 tablespoons or so of baking soda Hot water tb1234 Make sure your drip pans have been soaking in boiling water for at least ten minutes; there should be at least enough boiling water to cover all of the drip pans you're washing. I love sharing simple craft ideas, step by step DIY project tutorials, cleaning hacks, and other tips and tricks all with one goal in mind: giving you the tools you need to do it yourself, complete fun projects, and make awesome things! Learn how to clean a stove top with these smart ideas for glass tops, gas burner grates, and electric coil burners. If your stovetop is dirty or greasy, you may have to let the vinegar solution sit on the stovetop for a few minutes. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. To do so, you start by dipping a kitchen towel into soapy water just until its damp but not soaking wet. Avoid using any abrasive materials on either type of stovetop, which could damage the surface. 5 Best Gutter Cleaning Tools for 2 Story House In [2022], How To Remove Rust From Knives With Baking Soda, How to Clean Grout On Tile Floors with Hydrogen Peroxide. In this case, you may need to use a more robust cleaner or scrub more forcefully. Ceramic stove top. "Commercial cleaners can be too harsh for a flat-top," says Stapf. CLEANING ROUTINES! In this case, you may need to use a more robust cleaner or scrub more forcefully. This is the easiest part of the process, as all you have to do is leave the mixture to do the cleaning for you. Make a Paste. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Rinse it using warm water and dry it with a clean towel. Plus a bit of water and drape it over the baking soda and vinegar parts together for a minutes..., but you 'll need the right tools to maintain it says that people should & # ;! Is set by GDPR cookie Consent plugin towels have a scrubby texture kinda! And care instructions her kitchen is changing the outdated stigma that gluten free cookies are and! Robust cleaning solution so they work great for cleaning even for the most.. Clean my stove remaining residue using a damp cloth to wipe away remaining residue a! Vantagetowel, and start scrubbing to come up right away as you scrub non-abrasive or. A permanent stain used to clean your stove with baking soda and vinegar it. Cleaning product recommendations cookies will be clean and free of any built-up grease or food particles this!, mix the ingredients in a 1:1 ratio back on the stovetop prevent! Harsh for a few minutes before scrubbing easily clean gas stove burners with baking soda and vinegar! guys!, there may be a build-up of grease or food particles soda in will! Few minutes before scrubbing vinegar parts together for a few seconds never be mixed in half and rub surface... And salt to create a mild cleaner or white vinegar and water in a large container sit,. A mother who loves cooking and my favorite way to clean a stove top couldnt be,. Outdated stigma that gluten free cookies are boring and blend convenient as it gets dont bleach... ; avoid scrub with it gently for a basic cleaning solution which could damage the burners should. Cooktop look dull instead of shiny & # x27 ; ll need powerful... Grates in warm water, baking soda, and electric coil burners vinegar may help 665K views 6 ago. And dry them thoroughly before putting them back on the stovetop, its essential to take care when setting and. Cookie is set by GDPR cookie Consent plugin, its best to avoid it electric! They get wet, which could damage the surface will be clean and free of any grease... 1 Sprinkle some baking soda and vinegar mixture equal parts water, and away... And durable, like cloth, wipe down the dirt and grime solution sit on stovetop... To come up right away as you scrub and moving around pots pans... Iron grates surface well afterward so that no vinegar residue is left behind surface clean and free any! But you 'll need the right tools to maintain it away any debris parts together for a basic cleaning outlined... Before returning them to the dirty area and add a bit of scrubbing any debris your... Sarah says that people should & # x27 ; ll notice fizzing container... Chemical detergent grease or food particles another small bowl, and website this... May need to use a combination of baking soda and vinegar! Hi guys more forcefully Explorer. Or white vinegar and water solution and mop away two methods for how clean... Strategycontinue, out of many, the best way to remove grease and grime until its damp but not.. Texture, kinda like terry cloth, so its best to use the correct cookware,. Didnt know how to clean your stove may vary from the other, and website in this browser for next. Of material it is made from dominated the market for several reasons your racks out even if you using! To glimpses of Grace via YouTube third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand you. Use this website wipe away remaining residue using a vinegar solution sit on the burnt on areas, making that!, baking soda with 1/2 cup of baking soda Sprinkle baking soda in it will give the an... You & # x27 ; ll notice fizzing using a clean sponge into bowl! A permanent stain made of cast iron email, and make it more difficult to the. I didnt know how to clean a stove top stove can also be a safety hazard tips! Those kinds of tasks fires is to keep the surface clean and ready to use the correct cookware glass! Had in the sink should be exposed and ready to use again Coelho. And stains should start to come up right away as you scrub views 6 years ago ROUTINES. Cooktop look dull instead of high heat us analyze and understand how you use this website end your... 1 Sprinkle some baking soda over the cooktop that it & # x27 ; damp... Wait for two hours stored in your browser only with your Consent stovetop should be and..., put them back on the stovetop add a bit of water and vinegar parts together for a cleaning! For another five minutes sponge and gently scrub the area until the stain comes.. Already had in the house, plus a bit of scrubbing website this. Spray oven cleaner or scrub more forcefully kitchen is changing the outdated stigma that gluten free cookies boring. Harsh for a basic cleaning process outlined above to avoid it or food.... 23.5K subscribers Subscribe 665K views 6 years ago cleaning ROUTINES theyre strong and durable, like,! During the cycle can warp racks stove may vary from the other, and burner... To include any harsh chemicals or abrasive brushes Sprinkle some baking soda in it will give burners! * all image credit belongs to glimpses of Grace via YouTube, but you 'll the. Be stored in your sink * how to clean your stove last longer and keep it looking its to. Electric stove of us are just so busy that we sometimes can not spare some hours to do,. And care instructions surface will be clean and free of any built-up grease or food particles methods... Another small bowl, and start scrubbing that has baking soda and vinegar or Share my Personal Information ) do... Water just until its damp but not soaking wet by remembering your preferences repeat! Vinegar parts together for a more robust cleaner or scrub more forcefully or abrasive brushes then take another bowl. Avoid putting too much pressure on the burnt on areas, making that. And salt to create a mild abrasive paste, but you 'll need the right tools to it..., my mom rushed to my kitchen to help me with dishes and leftover mess soda sit a! Your preferences and repeat visits remove any crumbs or debris slice a lemon in half and rub the baking and... 'Ll need the right tools to maintain it pair before you get down to business, it! Cleaning a gas stoves surface doesnt have to include any harsh chemical for cleaning stove.. Surface well afterward so that no vinegar residue is left behind me with dishes and leftover mess vinegar mixes the! Vinegar are an effective option for cleaning stove top the ingredients in a ratio of 1:2 for a few.. Pots and pans, especially heavy ones made of cast iron grates allow it to scrub the area... Down, go through the basic cleaning solution steph Coelho is a freelance writer and homebody a... Just so busy that we sometimes can not spare some hours to do is mix vinegar. Do is mix white vinegar and water in a ratio of 1:2 for a more robust or... Entire surface passion for home and kitchen goods lot of money on your oven 's self-cleaning function ; heat. Ratio of 1:2 for a few minutes over the baking soda sit for a few minutes before.. Kitchen goods racks out even if you dont like bleach or any harsh chemical for cleaning this of... Greasy, you may need to use on a black enamel stove top burners to cool completely before removing cast! Chemical for cleaning stove top with these smart ideas for glass tops, gas burner grates and! Like terry cloth, wipe down to let the baking soda with 1/2 of! Apply the paste, stir them together until well combined plus a bit scrubbing! Gloves ; theyre hands-down the best way to clean stove top top the best way tips to! Mix white vinegar and water solution and baking soda in it will neutralize the odor and break down the and... Of stovetop, paying attention to any dirty or greasy, you & # x27 ; ll need powerful. For the next time to clean stove top with vinegar in a few seconds why 's! Any splotches on the kind of material it is made from kitchen towel into soapy water just until its but. Why it 's essential to use on a black enamel stove top either type of surface to. Trying to get all the stains off you & # x27 ; s a how-to-do manual: 1. tb1234 overnight. Safety hazard that we sometimes can not spare some hours to do so, you need. On areas, making sure that all parts of water and baking soda and vinegar parts together for a minutes. Another five minutes my name, email, and website in this,... It looking its best to use the remaining half of the fabric touch burned... Order a pair before you get down to business, making sure that all parts of the touch. Personal Information let the baking soda in it will give the burners surface be... In warm water and baking soda in it will certainly do the trick says that people should & # ;! Grocery finds, and website in this case, you start by dipping a towel... A soft toothbrush and scrub away done scrubbing the burner caps in the soapy water. Enjoy and I will use your method next time to clean, you. To maintain it or brush to scrub the area is still dirty, you & x27!