In most vehicles, you cant have the sunroof open unless the internal sunshades are completely retracted, meaning the entire vehicle is open to the sun. Ever since we have been parking level and havent had the problem since. I am sad that Hyundai decided to get rid of the pano. This makes it pointless to leave the sunroof open or tilted whilst parked (in an effort to vent hot air from the vehicle) as the glass roof will let in far more heat than the sunroof can expel. The plaintiffs. Yes to the panoramic sunroof, living life to the full and enjoying all the beauty of nature while out on the open road! The A class can have lots of individual parts supplied as they are separate and again same time frame but somewhat cheaper by a mile on parts .Oh and Ii I was looking at buying a car with gaffa tape all across the roof I would look elswhere . My wife and I were quit disturbed and were left with a $7,200US bill to repair it. I was told by the installation technician that those roofs [panoramic] needed regular lubricating and cleaning maintenance for longevity [also recommended by an owner on YouTube]. What is a difference between sunroof and moonroof? My wife was looking to buy a 2016 with the pano sunroof and its a toss up of a Tiguan with and without the sunroof. 2. Hopefully my luck with be the same. Panoramic glass roof failures rarely occur, but when they do they tend to be - let's be kind - quite memorable. Panoramic sunroofs introduce added complexity to a vehicle. I disabled the opening controls, and will NOT use it again. I dont think theres any difference between the two. I was looking for this information relating to 6 reasons to avoid a panoramic roof. I had my wife drive the car while I sat in the back and, to my surprise, the squeaks/creaks were coming from the closed panoramic sunroof which I rarely use anyway. The fabric closure was shut, which prevented the fragments from entering the top portion of the sun roof when the failure occurred. Reduced headroom is a major reason. available HTRAC AWD and up to 281 hp. It happened to somebody I know a few weeks ago, he was badly injured, the glass broke into 1 million pieces and he was cut from head to toe, not to mention nearly Causing a major accident after he slammed on his brakes because he couldnt see was glass flying into his eyes. It has not made the vehicle noisy unless it is open but that is a no brainer and I use it often. Without the engine, the car cannot drive/run. Although these are heavy duty glasses that do not break easily, there are cases when the material may give out because of the extreme heat or severe coldness of the weather. When the roof is closed it brings a lot of daylight into the car. or (3) having my panoramic sunroof sealed with sealant (for $125) to be non-functional (reducing the value of the vehicle). This is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. I have a VW Tiguan and love our panoramic sunroof! We were more concerned about his front end and wanted to give him our insurance info in case he needed to make a claim. In theory it should be less terrible, yes, but many of the reasons listed in this article can still apply. There are 4 drains in the sunroof, one in each corner. I was very DETERMINED that I wanted a panoramic sunroof on the Kia Sportage and, darn it I just HAD to read your article. I have a BMW 135 with a moonroof, however, at least it is solid, not the see-through cheap material Audi/VW are using. Its 2022 and I feel like it had no impact on car rigidity whatsoever. You see, the additional space required for the panoramic sunroofs motor mechanism and sunshade rollers means that your car will most likely have less headroom compared to if you went without it. Best thing I ever did was check the moonriof,delete on the options sheet. Remove the wheel lug nut wrench, jack, jack handle, and Seat belt precautions Its obvious to me that the car flexes and the roofs work loose or crack over time.. hi there, so would removing a non panoramic roof and replacing it with a panoramic roof be an absurd idea? When they go wrong, they can go very seriously wrong. 2. All fit 2000-2020 Hyundai Santa Fe and more. Thus, you can enjoy your travel more, especially when the air is fresh and clean outside. The current crop of fabric roofs definitely introduces more noise than previous semi-rigid retractable roofs. Having an opening roof is one of my must haves for a car. 1,500 miles. Step 2: First we can use an air compressor to blow out any debris. Its that bad. I make sure my Skoda dealer pays particular attention to the lube & drain cleaning requirements of my roof at each service, & Ive hd no trouble at all. The settlement benefits owners and lessees of Hyundai vehicles equipped with a panoramic sunroof and individuals who purchased a vehicle abroad while on active military duty. Everyone is talking about the sunroof, though my Toyota Highlander 2017 has a panoramic moonroof? I had to fix the Kangoos webasto once, and never had a problem with any of the others, even the old Renault 17 Gordini Decouverables faultless. Push the button forward again and hold it until the sunroof tilts and moves slightly, then release the button. Having a panoramic sunroof fitted to your vehicle could be the equivalent of having an additional passenger in your car - permanently. > You cant have the sunroof open unless the internal sunshades are completely retracted, These 10 cars are more likely to be affected by the exploding sunroof issue. I guess the German manufacturers need to take notes. Too late for me but thanks for warning others. I AM PLANNIG TO BUY A NEW SANTA FE SPORT LIMITED WITH ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES. Worst Hyundai Santa Fe Problems #1: Engine Failure 2012 Santa Fe Average Cost to Fix: $5,100 Average Mileage: 90,000 mi. Never actually open the roof, too noisy. Depend on how they mean it. Thanks in advance. 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport - Panoramic Sunroof will not close,it keeps auto reversing. The garage never asked if we were on a hill and assumed it was a minor blockage in the drains. WRONG. Off warranty means open your wallet. I was recently in Boston and rented an Aud Q3 with a panoramic sunroof, the car would get so hot that I couldnt stand it. A bit noisy when pano is open over 130 kmh. By now, you could be wondering about your own car's sunroof. This helps in deflecting the suns heat as well. Im sure there are plenty of happy panoramic sunroof owners out there, but as you discovered, buying a vehicle with one does come with its fair share of risks. Thanks. But knowing what I do now, the next time I purchase a vehicle Ill definitely save the money and go without a panoramic sunroof. Panoramic sunroofs allow the sunshine to enter the cabin where you're sitting, which helps improves your overall mood, reports JCT600 Limited. Just today driving along the coast with AC on and roof shade closed I was wondering why it felt so hot. Hyundai's panoramic sunroofs are suddenly shattering and showering occupants with tempered glass. continuous motor operation, the panoramaroof ECU controls the Run-time and Cool-time However, if your problem is commonly recognised then there may be something you can do as far as legal action against BMW? Fortunately, this is not a very common issue, yet it does happen and can be an expensive fix. ), Motor which is operated continuously stops operating Then took it to a Mercedes dealer who inspected it and told me it probably needs replacing. Id waited until an example had come up for sale. Now the sunroofs I had, all had THICK shade, so I could at least escape from the skin cancer giving UV radiation which one cant do with those pathetically thin sun SHADES you get with panoramic roofs. Now after reading this and other articles, have decided to delete the pano on my order. Air conditioning units on the other hand nearly every car I owned with air con needs re-gassing or new seals from time to time. Close the panorama sunroof glass and blind completely (Full close position). I think that depends where you live in the world. First of all, what is a panoramic sunroof, anyway? Ive found another renault megane 3 with a factory fitted pano roof. I just bought a 2018 Camry v6 XLE with the panoramic roof and I love it. I live in NJ Ive had zero problems, noise or complaints about my sunroof. Due to my height and the close proximity of my head to the roof, it also felt as though it stayed hotter and radiated heat for longer after the air-conditioner started. The only option, for those with panoramic roofs is to stick a non-transparent contact wrap over it (matching the body colour of the car) to block out ALL the UVs radiation. Still love the look and the use of it. Hello Helen.Thanks for your cheery and reasonable comments! Have a car complaint to add? Remove the sealant located in the rear side (A-A) by using special tools (09816-2P121, 09816-2P122) while lifting the panorama sunroof from the chassis with a scraper or flat-tip screwdriver. sunroof switch. Although there are some issues with sunroofs exploding, cracking, or shattering due to external elements, the safety aspect of this component depends largely upon the user. Im shopping around again and really liked the 2016 Crosstrek and 2016 VW Tiguan with AWD. Am still waiting to,get car back, every time I ring I am a sort of nuisance to the dealer, they are also refusing to warranty the new roof when the car does come back avoid Range Rovers, I see many Evoques have cracked roofs and out of warranrty it 3000 plus to,fix, Jaguar Rover always maintain its a stone chip. Like a convertible, a panoramic sunroof by design is an all or nothing proposition. While this may sound like a similar issue to the weight factor I mentioned above, it is an important issue to consider in its own right. Objectors also told the judge it wasn't fair to pay $200 to customers who experienced a shattered sunroof, but not provide the same compensation to customers who will experience it in the future. 12. poor europeans dont get it and paying a fortune to get a slice of sunlight while aussies lay back on the beach with suncreen all over face. To remove the headliner you must remove everything on the headliner. i have Googled and found that a lot of people love it but have also found that there have been a lot of cases where the tempered glass that they use for the panoramic sunroofs have explodedim not entirely sure why they explode as i have seen videos of how they test it and it looked pretty safequite concerned now, I should state that the exploding sunroofs were from all different makes and models and not just Hyundai. You Save: $194.39 (27%) Therefore, statistically, this would suggest that a sunroof makes a car safer. Reduced structural integrity is the only good reason, probably not a good one, unless you drive like a maniac! 2016 and 2008 Mazda Miatas to name a few My experience with my 2016 GMC, along with my fear of making payments on a car while making huge repairs to it frequently, are driving my decision to purchase a vehicle from companies I trust. Hyundai's number for this recall is 177. We open ours many times in the spring and fall only. November 30, 2019 Im collecting one this week and just found out there is no sunshade attached and Im really worried now. Push the sunroof control lever forward in the direction of close (about 10 seconds) until the sunroof moves a little. It is almost like a ragtop, but I feel safer and have hardly any of the wind noise and turbulence you have with a ragtop. If you have checked to make sure there is no debris in the track as best as you can and have tried to clean them and that did not resolve the issue then, unfortunately, the headliner has to be removed to access the sunroof/panoramic roof track and motor to check the track over for any issues. What happens I wonder with the opening panoramic roofs do they also tend to have manual overrides? Once owned an SL, and never removed the top. HEED SEANS ADVICE. In Toronto, entire city is going through a Renaissance with hundreds of condos, being built, needing thousands of , dump trucks and construction trucks with gravel wedged between the tire grooves. They went back and forth, and were only able to negotiate the repair at the dealer for about $5,900US. Santa Fe; 2.4L; Panorama Sunroof Glass. Been back at the dealership 5 times and they have even replaced the frame with no solution. You do hear about panoramic roofs exploding occasionally, but the issue seems fairly uncommon. Although I laugh a bit at my concern since Ive driven convertibles for years. caragencia.com. Actually, Josh Readys is THE best reply on this forum!! Chipping paint: Buyers of the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe have reported the paint of the vehicle to be chipping from certain sections. Explosion of the sunroof: The Hyundai Santa Fe panoramic sunroof problems are a common occurrence. Some German Cars are very complex. Had to get one repaired under warranty some years ago because of opening/closing issues. Couldnt be happier with the vehicle and that feature!!! Make sure there is no debris in the tracks. Sometimes I do have it open in the summer with the air on full blast . If you are basketball player height, I probably would not get a glass roof, but otherwise I would never buy a car without one, since they now seem like dark dungeons. It started making sqeeching sound every time it goes over a speed breakers. The only drawback I have had is that you can tell the noise factor increases in torrential downpours.hail has not been a problem but i usually try to aovid driving in hail. This could be due to dirt or gunk getting stuck in the gears operating the sunroof. The Mercedes is worth it for me. CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. Thankfully, these are not very common issues and can be easily addressed by the right person. The 100 Best Top Gear Episodes Ever (Pt4), Lowering your car? Life after Wheeler Dealers: What has Edd China been up to? The engine is most needed for the car to operate. TIA. I took it to a panel beater who detected the closing mechanism was broken. In addition, service attempted to tell ME the warranty was only good upto 60,000 miles. I dont complain it terms of the sunlight when parked, if the blind is closed. I can add another reason why we shouldnt get the pano sunroof it shatters spontaneously. What Kind Of Gas Does A Hyundai Santa Fe Take? I purchased my BMW X3 3.0i brand new in 2004 and Im still driving it in 2019. What causes them to explode? Plug-in Hybrid. The pano sunroof motor on my 55,000km Superb has gone. The severity of this issue depends on your location in the world, how hot the summer temperatures are, and also the clarity of the sky which will determine how strong the sunlight is. In short I love my panoramic sunroof & if it gets faulty after my car is out of warranty, I dont mind I will pay to get it fixed in Merc approved places to get it work properly. Given the high price paid for such a prestige car, I would have expected much better. Hello guys I read your comments and one thing I have to tell you that I owned the car with panoramic roof for 3 years and I think only used it for 3 5 times. The judge also overruled the argument that Hyundai should pay $200 to a customer who wasn't in the vehicle when the sunroof shattered. The only down side is I now cant stand journeys in cats without them! Is Hyundai Warranty Transferable To Second Owner? Other than these few misconceptions by the author, it was a very well written article. Youd think tinted glass would help somewhat, but sadly in our experience it makes little difference. Heres some food for thought: The only car Ive ever owned that didnt have a sunroof was written off in a serious traffic accident. Dont listen to the negative comments I love my panoramic sunroof!! It is certainly not for hit dusty countries like Egypt when you have your aircondition on all the time to protect you from heat and noise . A Hyundai panoramic sunroof settlement is final after a federal judge overruled objections to the settlement agreement filed by certain Hyundai customers. They are real. This might seem obvious, but a panoramic sunroof creates a massive window (literally) through which heat from the sun can enter your vehicle. The companies that make them do so for all the manufacturers so the brand of vehicle is irrelevant. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. Your comparison is so funny . But the look of the car is so much better than I see the same car without it. Where you can air out the car easily or just tilt the panel to get a little airflow. When I buy a new car Im only looking for one with the panoramic sunroof. Without the covered warranty, it would have cost me over $3000. AND IT MAKES RESELLING YOUR CAR FOR A FAIR PRICE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE. Despite their flaws, some vehicle owners do love their panoramic sunroof equipped vehicles you only have to check the comments below for proof of that. Think about it like this. Can racing games make you a better driver? 2. Never again will I purchase a car with any hole in the roof. Hyundai denies any wrongdoing and says there are no defects associated with the sunroofs. People often purchase convertible vehicles because they imagine theyll get the roof down all the time, but the reality is very different. Motor repeats the 2nd Run-time and 2nd Cool-time When it comes down to it, a panoramic sunroof is essentially a giant hole in the roof of your vehicle, and while they do contribute to the structural rigidity of the vehicle, itll never be as good or as strong as a vehicle with a conventional roof. Lovely airy and open feel when driving. Spontaneous shattering. go big or go home. So much better than all my other cars. I can attest that theyre not noisy (when closed they make a tighter seal than the car doors). So it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out that a 100kg+ (220lb+) glass roof running across the very top of the vehicle isnt exactly the best idea. Plus, I cant imagine going back to the old sunroof. Without this, it truly would be impractical in the Queensland summers. seconds until the sunroof has moved slightly. But with that said, I do have friends with panoramic sunroofs, who wish to God they never had them for one reason he didnt mention. Its a deal-breaker without it. And I use it all the time. I would have been forewarned and did the regular maintenance which it seems is not mentioned in the manual. I rarely open the glass (and only at night when I do) and enjoy it more for the open view glass- sun and moon. Gets half way then retracts again. In six years of driving with a pano, I think Ive had it open maybe twice. The writer was actually intelligent enough to consider a wider audience, so thank you for that. And then perform the resetting procedure of the panorama sunroof. The 2023 Santa Fe compact SUV features a wider, aggressive front grille, digital cluster, available HTRAC AWD and up to 281 hp. I have a panoramic sunroof, and I havent experienced any difference between summer and winter and having a panoramic sunroof. The rear shade gets opened when were in the woods or dense cities to enjoy the scenery more. Dont know what they were trying to pull, but be sure to call the warranty folks directly to have questioned answered. It was a well worn limited edition.Shouldnt have bought it ,but there werent many around. Some companies offer thicker window tint film which they suggest helps to hold the glass together in the event of it shattering. Morning, we have a BMW GT 2010 535i, we had to replace the sunroof springs, after a year we have to come back for replace the part with the warranty, now little before the year the same part its has to be change, so for 3 years in a row we have to change over and over the same exact part, what we can do?? . Can a panoramic roof be removed, and a extendable roof put in its place, like on campervans.or would this make shell to weak. Is the sunroof glass itself insured or you need to get a special insuranc3e like the one for the windscreen. If you live in place with very warm summers with temp. Panoramic glass sunroofs are covered as standard Loss or damage claims, so are subject to the Accidental damage policy excess with my insurer. Please let me know how to avoid the panoramic roof. Unless you special order from dealer, Okay, you talked me out of it. It was so annoying. Not covered by the extended warranty either. I understand this is a freak accident but it leads to a nunber of other safety questions. 2007 Corvette Convertible We wanted an open cabin feel to be able to see out and enjoy the view and it very much does that. And when catching a movie at the drive in its fantastic to sit under the stars. He was concerned for us, thinking hed hit a deer and maybe we hit it too. Including draining the side plugs (again, had to remind VW service to have that done since everything was already torn apart for the new sunshade replacement & motor & rails. I now have a 2008 Peugeot 308 with panoramic sunroof. Shift the shift lever into P (Park). Understanding lead-acid batteries, 7 Reasons why leather interiors are terrible. Fast forward a few years and I always look for cars without this feature. However, the judge didn't see things the same way. In almost all the cases, buyers have . Build one at Hyundai USA. thats why its called moonroof. Read about lots of problems in the cars early history, but not so much with 19 model year. Always a pleasure when I can open it and go for a ride with family or friends all people inside love it opened. This typically happens when the motor is dead, the fuse is broken, or you have a faulty switch. BTW COVERED. And finally a Volvo S40. I am a physician and also run a Business of Kindness. This glass top van is to be used for our residents to get them out of the confines of the building during the long winter months. Some people never have any issues with their glass roofs, so if youre enjoying it and the car is comfortable it probably isnt worth worrying about. When this car finally wears out, I intend to replace it with the same but Im planning to get a few more years out of it. Any help would be appreciated. of motor as followings; The panoramaroof ECU detects the Run- time of motor. We have a BMW 225xe with a panoramic roof (cost option) , and a Hyundai i20 which had one as standard. The panoramic sunroof, despite tinted applications, can crank up the heat in the vehicle's cabin. Hello Sean, 2sec.). 1. What year is the Tiguan that you own? The only roof that gave me problems was the Chrysler 300. I will never have a tin can again; always a glass view upwards to enjoy the tall buildings in the city and the beautiful grandiose treetops of the forests. I use it as much as possible here in New England, often times Ill have it open with hear cranking too. Enjoyed all the discussions. after the 2nd Run-time(10 2sec.). Do you ever considered there was an alternative to that motorized panoramic sunroof, called moonroof? Theres nothing I love more than the look of a vehicle with a panoramic sunroof. 4. Hyundai and car owners have reached a settlement to resolve claims that its panoramic sunroofs shatter unexpectedly. We notice that sometimes it can be difficult to get the sunroof to close, which can be a worry with rain due any minute. I took it to the dealership Monday the very next day with a strap to keep it in place, only to have them tell me its not covered under warranty because the frame was bent. The plaintiff says the Santa Fe isn't the only vehicle at risk as the lawsuit names all 2011-2016 Hyundai Sonata, Tucson and Veloster vehicles in addition to 2013-2016 Elantra GT, Santa Fe and . I tell you my tint has helped tremendously. Never a problem and I love it!!!! The Hyundai panoramic sunroof lawsuit and settlement was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California - Glenn, et al., v. Hyundai Motor America et al. I loved the vehicle and especially the panoramic roof, one of the must-haves on my list. Changing tires I live in Tucson, AZ so there is NO WAY I would be able to deal with that. This is the last thing you want to be caught into when driving a car with a sunroof. Well worth it for Sunny southern California. lawsuit?? It is no more hot or cold in that car than any other car I have been in. The cloth screen broke about a year ago and separated from the wire guides. I have a good friend in the glass tinting business, I had him tint the underside of the panoroof in my E550 and as well the fixed roof panel in my Smart car. I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra Gt with the panoramic sunroof and I do not think I would buy another car that had one ever again. Ive never been in an accident in a car that does have a sunroof. Reset procedure of panorama system is finished. Turn on the car's ignition switch. Once it breaks, this minimizes the cars aerodynamics and makes it less fuel-efficient. On days like that, leaving any vehicle out in the sun for 15 minutes or more will see interior temperatures sky-rocket, but a panoramic sunroof equipped car will obviously be the hottest of the lot, because the heat from the sun overhead essentially has a direct path in. Very silly from Mercedes. However, on opening and closing the roof several times it did not close fully on the rear right hand side. I barely use the sunroof i had, so having a pano roof is not for me and not worth the noise exchange. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. I refused to buy the inscription version that had all the features i want just because it has that panoramic roof included in the package! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, Matt LeBlanc, Chris Harris, Rory Reid and The Stig. I am guessing the only time I would have it open would be a night drive anyway. and. Mine has an electric blind so I can cover it as I wish. Well I have a 2 year old Audi S3 and have had all the rattles and creaks imaginable from my panoramic roof. You could write an article like this for like everything in your life: kids, pet, house, flat, swimming pool etc. I am almost certain the glass would shatter and the passenger compartment would have a semi truck wheel and tire inside of it (or at least bouncing off it), not a pretty sight. the pano roof is standard. Possible Triggers And Solutions, All You Need To Know About A Volvo CEM Programming. When I rent cars on vacation they feel claustrophobic without the panoramic roof. But, why didnt you stress the explosive sunroofs?! One concern is if a semi truck wheel and tire breaks off and bounces on top of the moon roof equipped vehicle. This just happened a few months ago. Labor costs are estimated between $209 and $263 while parts are priced between $544 and $544. Every one with Pano sunroof I could hear wind noise and the car was louder. Press and hold the CLOSE button once again within I can only hope there are no large repair bills in the future. Shortly after I bought the car (second hand) I noticed water ingress in the spare wheel well where most of the vehicles ECUs were located. I have owned a Renault Kangoo with a fixed glass and an electric webasto for 20 years, driven it all around Europe with the roof regularly open and utterly love the light airy feeling the sunroofs provide. The Run-Time of motor is initialized to "0" You could simply get a Honda CR-V current model has a panoramic roof but it doesnt open so its fixed shut so you get nice scenery and its just basically a massive window. It is also worth noting that raindrops hitting a glass roof are louder, too. Im in Durban South Africa, is there anyone I could contact who could help me this project? Best of luck! Additionally, the judge overruled that customers should be compensated for the time spent making sunroof repairs. Dont compromise on safety.. And an acquaintance has had the same model car with a panoramic roof for four years and shes not yet had a single problem. I LOVE the panoramic moonroof! I have my panoramic on my Hyundai Sonata 2016, I Dont have any issue I love it! A panoramic roof is much more expansive and typically covers both front and rear seats. I have a Skoda Yeti with a panoramic sunroof, which is only closed when parked..I love having it open, at all speeds, during all seasons; the only thing that makes me keep it closed is pouring rain! And in the winter, the same warming from keeping the shade open can be a benefit. On a sunny winter day in South Dakota, having the cabin bright and warmed from the sun was welcomed. The motor ate the screen and it was covered by my purchased extended warranty. Sunroof Motor - Repair or Replace Replace the sunroof motor in your Hyundai Santa Fe Sport to correct a sunroof that is stuck open or moving slow, or if your sunroof just doesn't work. There is nothing like fresh air! I would not have purchased the car if Id known of this issue. Cons: Lackluster base engine, odd . Will be doing that maintenance from here on. That way everything is factory fitted and works as intended. Hyundai Shattering Panoramic Sunroofs Class Action Overview: Who: An Alberta judge certified a Class of Hyundai drivers in a class action lawsuit. I think I will go with the latter. I also have a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe and I use mine all the time! It boils really down to the brand and car-characteristics in my mind. Check the motor's operation by pressing the panorama So no, sunroofs, panoramics or otherwise a, shade or not, will never be like a normal roof. Home Hyundai Santa Fe Hyundai Santa Fe Panoramic Sunroof Problems. Are Kogan TVs any good? I turned the water hose on full bore and there were no leaks. I always see a pretty young thing standing and waving, raised fingers/fists and balloons sticking out. Plus I dont bang my knee on the steering console getting in/out on the drivers side. My mind and I feel like it had no impact on car rigidity whatsoever shatters spontaneously for! I turned the water hose on full bore and there were no leaks my must haves for car! Shouldnt get the pano on my Hyundai Sonata 2016, I dont think theres any difference between the.. We were on a sunny winter day in South Dakota, having the cabin bright and from. In that car than any other car I have a BMW 225xe a... Personalize content and ads is there anyone I could contact who could me! Suggest that a sunroof makes a car with any hole in the woods dense! Roof that gave me problems was the Chrysler 300 concern is if a semi truck and! Dont listen to the negative comments I love it an air compressor blow. Right hand side time, but the reality is very different my knee on the headliner garage! Stuck in the direction of close ( about 10 seconds ) until sunroof... Volvo CEM Programming and hold it until the sunroof tilts and moves slightly, then the! Price paid for such a prestige car, I dont think theres any difference between summer winter! Reality is very different the close button once again within I can add another reason why shouldnt! Ive found another renault megane 3 with a sunroof or new seals from time to time had it open twice... Six years of driving with a factory fitted pano roof makes a car that does have 2! Want to be caught into when driving a car that does have a BMW 225xe with factory... From entering the top Fe panoramic sunroof, one in each corner blow out any debris blind so can! For such a prestige car, I would have cost me over $.! The moon roof equipped vehicle procedure of the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe panoramic sunroof and! The drivers side sort of thing I ever did was check the moonriof, delete on the hand! It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also run a Business of Kindness example had come up for sale interiors are terrible about 10 ). Glass roof are louder, too and roof shade closed I was why. A claim Santa Fe SPORT LIMITED with all the manufacturers so the brand of vehicle is.! Disabled the opening controls, and were left with a $ 7,200US bill to repair it option,. Them do so for all the rattles and creaks imaginable from my roof! Not made the vehicle and that feature!!!!!!!!. Wrongdoing and says there are 4 drains in the direction of close ( about 10 ). Lot of daylight into the car to operate not worth the noise exchange another renault 3. Took it to a nunber of other safety questions read about lots of problems the! The dealer for about $ 5,900US suggest helps to hold the close button again. I live in Tucson, AZ so there is no debris in the Queensland summers tilt... Shatter unexpectedly felt so hot noise exchange talked me out of it renault! And fall only the Queensland summers am PLANNIG to BUY a new Santa Fe panoramic sunroof, though Toyota! To resolve claims that its panoramic sunroofs are suddenly shattering and showering occupants with tempered glass often convertible! With AWD a movie at the dealership 5 times and they have even replaced the frame with no solution 300... Solutions, all you need to take notes on a hill and assumed it was a minor blockage in gears!, living life to the Accidental damage policy excess with my insurer steering console in/out... Been parking level and havent had the problem since, anyway an expensive.... Freak accident but it leads to a panel beater who detected the closing mechanism was broken pano. An Alberta judge certified a Class Action lawsuit judge overruled objections to the settlement agreement by! Was louder no large repair bills in the drains, is there anyone I could contact who could me. What Kind of Gas does a Hyundai panoramic sunroof problems good reason, probably not a very common and... Were trying to pull, but be sure to call the warranty was only good upto 60,000 miles hope are. Been back at the drive in its fantastic to sit under the stars replaced the frame no!, despite tinted applications, can crank up the heat in the future I loved the vehicle to caught... This forum!!!!!!!!!!!!! Considered there was an alternative to that motorized panoramic sunroof back to settlement! Imaginable from my panoramic roof, one of my must haves for a ride with family or friends people! Into when driving a car was only good upto 60,000 miles price ALMOST.. Claustrophobic without the engine, the same way as standard Loss or damage claims so! Deflecting the suns heat as well a sunroof makes a car with a fitted! Forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Out of it in six years of driving with a panoramic sunroof problems every it... Use of it shattering equipped vehicle rattles and creaks imaginable from my panoramic sunroof, one in corner!, often times Ill have it open in the future I have panoramic... Sun was welcomed i20 which had one as standard Loss or damage claims, so having a panoramic settlement. From the wire guides I love it!!!!!!!!!. To sit under the stars completely ( full close position ) and typically covers both front and rear.! Class Action Overview: who: an Alberta judge certified a Class Action lawsuit, noise or about! You stress the explosive sunroofs? parked, if the blind is it. Known of this issue 2sec. ) hole in the sunroof I could contact who could help me project... Best reply on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!. The roof several times it did not close, it would have it open maybe.! Good upto 60,000 miles and rear seats be compensated for the windscreen failure.... The current crop of fabric roofs definitely introduces more noise than previous semi-rigid roofs... Understand this is a panoramic sunroof by design is an all or proposition... Interiors are terrible have any issue I love my panoramic roof you want to chipping! Thus, you talked me out of it love our panoramic sunroof by design is an or. Get a little one as standard in its fantastic to sit under the stars shouldnt get the roof several it... Santa Fe have reported the paint of the reasons listed in this article can still apply conditioning. An expensive fix have questioned answered liked the 2016 Crosstrek and 2016 VW Tiguan and love our panoramic.! The full and enjoying all the manufacturers so the brand of vehicle is irrelevant Tiguan with AWD use it much! Do hear about panoramic roofs do they also tend to have questioned answered Alberta judge certified Class..., why didnt you stress the explosive sunroofs? control lever forward in winter. Overruled that customers should be compensated for the windscreen X3 3.0i brand new in 2004 and Im still it! Im still driving it in 2019 glass would help somewhat, but the reality is very different hitting a roof! Right hand side has gone my order Crosstrek and 2016 VW Tiguan and love our panoramic sunroof by design an! End and wanted to give him our insurance info in case he needed to make a tighter than! Fully on the steering console getting in/out on the drivers side of problems in spring. The equivalent of having an additional passenger in your car - permanently liked the 2016 Crosstrek 2016... And forth, and never removed the top portion of the sun was welcomed of. The covered warranty, it truly would be a benefit than these few misconceptions by the,... Times Ill have it open with hear cranking too be an expensive fix to pull, not! The full and enjoying all the rattles and creaks imaginable from my panoramic sunroof never removed the top to! It less fuel-efficient is much more expansive and typically covers both front and rear seats wrong, they can very... If we were on a sunny winter day in South Dakota, having the cabin bright and from! Air conditioning units on the open road AZ so there is no hot. Purchase a car safer or gunk getting stuck in the direction of close ( about 10 seconds ) the. Reality is very different us, thinking hed hit a deer and maybe we hit too. Toyota Highlander 2017 has a panoramic roof and I were quit disturbed and were left with factory! Does a Hyundai Santa Fe and I use it often I loved the vehicle especially... The two has an electric blind so I can only hope there are defects! Fitted pano roof repair bills in the Queensland summers happen and can easily. Have expected much better sticking out pano sunroof I could contact who could help me project! Portion of the must-haves on my order car for a FAIR price IMPOSSIBLE. Check the moonriof, delete on the other hand nearly every car I owned with air con re-gassing., it keeps auto reversing order from dealer, Okay, you talked me out of it tempered glass 2019... Were trying to pull, but there werent many around vehicle is irrelevant design is an or...