Hi Dong: I not very tech savvy. . Please contact customer care. They just work wirelessly without any effort. They wont topple easily. This setup alone isnt enough to cover our entire house (1700sq ft, bedrooms/office in the basement). On a wing and a prayer I returned the Velop MX10 and simply bought another set of Orbi RBK753s. Wi-Fi 7 Stream, browse, and work uninterrupted in every room of your home. ft. + 1 Year NETGEAR Armor, 4 Pack: 10,000 sq. Consumer Reports gives Orbi a 2/5 for security but never explains why. As the name suggests, the Orbi WiFi 6 AX4200 supports tri-band WiFi 6 (a.k.a. But I cant say for sure. If you wire the 3, AX4200 Orbi units together, does it use a wired back channel to communicate or does it still use the 5GHz wireless? Hi Dong, just came across this awesome article as I am considering upgrading my rbk752 set with CM1000 modem. At 40 feet away, my 33 client averaged some 600Mbps. It is capable of speeds up to 6Gbps, while the Eero can reach only 1Gbps. Right now I have the AC3000 and trying to upgrade. I recently purchased a Netgear CAX80 modem router to connect to my three Unifi AP Pros that are four years old. Placing Orbi near doors or windows can improve outdoor coverage. Now I have another rabbit hole to dive into to learn more about this system and why you feel it suits my needs the best. https://www.netgear.com/home/wifi/mesh/rbk753/. Thank you. Theres also a built-in OpenVPN server that will come in handy for those who travel a lot, and Traffic Meter monitors and controls the Internet bandwidth. Both Netgear and Eero know that ease of use is paramount. This Netgear Orbi Wi-Fi 6 System AX6000 (RBK852) connects Wi-Fi itemsto the Network using faster 2.4GHz (1200 Mbps) and 5GHz (2400 Mbps) frequencies. ClickViewnext to the order number to see the detailed order status. In addition to an input on the base, each satellite includes four ethernet ports. [Comparison], Wireless Router vs Access Point [Which is Better? Wi-Fi 6 Want to go ad-free? International customers can shop on www.bestbuy.com and have orders shipped to any U.S. address or U.S. store. Go with the Asus XT8, Bruce. Youve emphasized the value of that. ZyXel. Its important to note that the Orbi has a full web interface available at its default IP address which is 192.168.1.1 (or routerlogin.com). It's generally faster to get answers via site/page search. The AX6000 has a couple of additional ethernet ports but the real difference is the antennas for 5GHZ, which is what most devices connect to. I believe there is now an RBK763S, which seems to possibly be the replacement for the RBK753S? and, about that wired backhaul to help the link speed for my daughters room? The Orbi is larger and comes with multiple LAN ports (in addition to the WAN). The most significant differentiator between the two is pricing. To avoid repeating myself, Ill recap them here. Its a good idea that you check out that one first. Security EV If you buy either router from an authorized reseller, youll also receive 3months of standard technical support. You'll be able to stream just as much Netflix or Disney+ content without hiccups. My original plan was to return them after i got something better. Quick question Ive had some issues with an unstable connection with an Archer AX55 in my 3 floor, 1500 sq. If so, you should consider two of our favorite Wi-Fi 6 routers: the Orbi AX6000 and Orbi AX4200. It is a pricey system, however, and can quickly surpass $1,000. I don't use Circle or Armor and have seen many issues with that on Orbi AC. More here. NETGEAR Orbi WiFi 6 Mini WiFi. We have a D-Link router (SSID) and a couple of extenders (Netgear), all a few years old. You should think about running a cable though. Now I can fully run two xbox game consoles online at the same time while getting OPEN NAT. HI, I have purchased the Orbi AX 4200 system which replaces my old RBK 50 system. You can try the Synology Mesh, its great, but still Wi-Fi 5. AX4200 = theoretical 4,200Mbps (2.4Ghz (600Mbps) + 5Ghz (1,200Mbps) + 5Ghz backhaul (2,400Mbps)). Great review convinced me to buy AX4200 + 2 satellites which now work in my 3000 sq ft home. The Netgear Orbi AX6000 Wi-Fi 6 Mesh System is an excellent option for those seeking the absolute fastest speeds available. The hardware units are now shorter and narrower, yet it has the theme thickness, resulting in a better footing. Do you think this might be helpful in our case? It's a solid pick if you value smart home connectivity and bank-grade security. The Orbi AX6000 is an ultra-fast Wi-Fi 6 system that blankets your entire home with coverage. Both handle gigabit internet really well, which is the highest speed that most people will get from their internet provider. Netgear Orbi AX4200 vs Linksys MX4200: Is Your Home Wired? Mesh More here. Gaming Like I mentioned in the review, you cant do any more than change the Wi-Fi name and password. But before doing so I need to understand what he gains by doing so. (Until it broke, obviously. and our Wi-Fi 6 is the latest wireless standard available for routers and modems. Both of these refer to router standards and protocols and are known for different speeds. Honestly, I was eagerly awaiting the eero Pro 6s, but it seems they are all together underwhelming per user reviews, and Dongs reviews, here. Dubbed the Netgear Orbi AXE11000, the system boasts the usual 2.4 and 5GHz bands, plus a second 5GHz band for backhaul transmissions, plus the new 6GHz band for Wi-Fi 6E connections. I used a 44 one at the close range (10 feet) test, and it had a sustained speed of some 660Mbps. Cover up to 7,500 sq. I live in a small home 1450 sq. I do have an ethernet connection from that corner to the main router. Synology. From the data sheets it looks like the only advantages to AX6000 are: One additional Ethernet port on router Two additional Ethernet ports on satellite Two additional antennas per unit 60% faster processor Increased theoretical maximum data rates (2400+2400+1200 Mbps vs 600+1200+2400 Mbps) Am I missing anything? Choose the most age-appropriate content filters. Weve got you covered.. Like a lot of others I am debating between the Costco Orbi RBK753 3-pack (which at $429 eliminates the cost disadvantage) and ASUS ZenWiFi XT8. Its the cheapest wifi 6 mesh system it doesnt provide the fastest speeds but will get you better mire reliable connection throughout since its a mesh. Whether you're looking for speed, security, flexibility, or raw square footage, both the AX6000 and Pro 6 have you covered. It looks like I can get RBK752 for about half the price compared to RBK852. They also look slightly better too, with a sleek and somewhat concave top. Also, check out this post. Are you aware of any mesh system that would allow for multiple SSIDs? With twice as many antennas, the AX6000 can more easily handle more devices. Stay secure even when youre away from home with integrated VPN. In any case, Im not a fan of parental controls. Like the case of the RBK852, the RBK752, specifically the RBR750 router, has a standard set of network settings found in most home routers. Since the post, did they enable 5GHz-2 to client yet? No pricing will be displayed in or on the package. OK you got me ;-). You may get more than one tracking number if your order contains more than one item. Ensure router and satellites are placed within range of one another so units can talk to each other. Let's look at the specs. Im sharing this, hopefully to be helpful to others weighing options. Wi-Fi 6 offers the highest potential for speed, connectivity, and coverage. Notify me when this item comes back in stock. I think youd better use the provider-supplied hardware and then turn that gateway into the bridge mode, or go with a double NAT. Wi-Fi 5 Tech-savvy, but no expert. NG finally fixed the NAT filter bug I found, took about a year to fix it. ), My Setup|ISPSparkLight| InternetCable 1000/50 CAX30 Gateway Mode and RAX120v2 in AP mode|Wifi Router and RBK853 |SwitchesNG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M|Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX3/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30|NightHawk: MK63, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX120v2, RAX50v2, XR450/500/700/1000, EX7500/EX7700. Your question/comment is one of many Dong Knows Tech receives daily. PO BOX and APO/FPO can be shipped via USPS Ground only. Works with Amazon Alex and the Google Assistant : Sign up for news, tips and offers and receive 10% off* your favorite product, This website collects internet or other electronic network activity and uses cookies and similar technologies to ensure functionality, evaluate website usage, and to serve marketing content. Dear Dong, your posting regarding the Orbi RBK750 is very helpful to me; thanks. That's a 2.4GHz connection rate of 600Mbps vs 1200Mbps, but you might not be using 2.4GHz anyway, since multiple sources of 5GHz are usually better than one long range, congested 2.4GHz connection. However, it's not as impressively fast as competing devices. Do I need a WiFi 6E router to use WiFi 6E products? Does this impact the client side speeds at all? Keep your family and your connected devices safe . Finally, any comments on beam-forming options to improve this link? These Wi-Fi routers have 1 GB RAM and 512 MB NAND Flash. Orbi WiFi 6 Mini AX4200 observajep.com. The review and this post on AiMesh, in general, will help in case you run into issues. Great informational read. It also has one LAN port fewer in both the router and satellite unit. Go with the Asus XT8 instead, youll get all the customization youd want to have. I will keep my current system working until WiFi 6E is introduced and then spend the money and effort to upgrade when the investment will survive for a few years. This site is honestly such a wonderful resource. That means you can connect devices such as a PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X directly to the satellite for top wired performance. First and foremost, thank you very much for giving me some of your time. That sounds about right, Adeel. But the mesh will be fast enough for any sub-Gigabit Internet connection. NY 10036. I had great performance out of the MX10 (2-pack), but it was simply too expensive compared to Orbi, and being only 2 units. I have today ordered the RBK753S in the hope of replacing the Unifi APs. Do I need a WiFi 6E router to use WiFi 6E products? About 7500 squ ft houseall wiredI need to have 3 separate SSIDs (and I dont want to split the 2.4/5ghz either) Other than going with a Meraki? The Orbi ax4200 mesh system is a great option if youre searching for a low-cost mesh system with good capabilities. All orders will be shipped via FedEx. I have a three story home so the Orbis extra satellite has appeal. The AX6000 has a 4x4 antenna setup and the AX4200 has a 2x2. The AX6000's two-piece system covers about 5,000 square feet, and the Pro 6's three-piece package covers about 6,000 square feet. Both Netgear and Eero offer single satellites for sale, so you can extend your coverage, depending on your home's size. What does the AX6000 or even the new wifi 6E system do for him that the AX4200 shouldn't be doing already? I think the Orbi will likely work out for you, Cathy. That will do it. Linksys The Netgear starts at $649 for a base and one satellite. For any case, Orbiax4200 is smaller and lighter than the ax6000, measuring 9.1 by 7.2 by 2.8 inches and weighing 1.9 pounds overall. Orbi routers and satellites have multiple ethernet ports, giving you wired connections in places where you need them, like in home offices and media rooms. Id say if you want something easy to use and stable out of the box, go with the Orbi. Heleen Hover over the person icon next to the shopping cart icon and selectTrack Order. Have read pretty much every review on mesh systems you have posted but havent seen my situation. If I understand correctly this means that (assuming no other traffic) I should be able to get super fast speeds up to my provider capacity in this example. Our house & home office (situated in the garage) cover about 3200 sq ft (house has 2 floors). Occasionally, during large promotional events and the holidays, more time may be required to validate and ship your order, causing a delay. If they were hard-wired (even at a satellite) the NAS interaction would be about the same between the RBK853|AX6000 and RBK752|AX4200. Or is the max speed offered thorough these satellites are better at all on either of them!? Im guessing most people around 3000-4000 sq ft are down to these 2 systems to buy. You have to really read it though. It costs $999 for a 3-pack and each additional satellite costs $379.99. I thought I saw you wrote that there was an issue with Netgear having access to all your internet traffic with regards to the Orbi system. My Setup | ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000/50 CAX80 Modem Mode | Wifi Router XR1000 (Router Mode) and RBKE693 (AP Mode) | and R7800 . Shipping days are Monday through Friday and include processing times. Keep that in mind if youre looking for a review of the Orbi CBK752. Items may be shipped and delivered at different times. Specifically, the router unit, by itself, could handle some 2000 ft (186 m). SSD Let's get it out the way: the Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 AX6000 costs $699 for a 2-pack (comprising router and satellite). Its available where you get the 2-pack, PW. User rating, 4.5 out of 5 stars with 1019 reviews. Your articles and discussion are a great resource. Cover up to 7,500 sq. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Theres almost nothing you can do with it other than change your Wi-Fi networks name and password. You have a great collection of info here, thanks for sharing! Buy NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Tri-band Mesh WiFi 6 System (RBK852) - Router with 1 Satellite Extender | Coverage up to 5,000 sq. You have inspired me to continue learning on this topic, and for that I am appreciative. Looks like they upgraded the RBK750 front-haul bandwidth up to 2400mbps, but also the processor is now a dual core 1Ghz as opposed to the old 1.4Ghz quad corewondering if that will make a difference in real world performance? Orbi 850 Series Tri-band WiFi 6 Mesh System, 6Gbps, Router + 2 Satellites. I forgot to mention that my Xbox Series X is plugged into the rbr750. I then bought Linksys Velop MX10. Upgrade As is usually the case, nice review and usable information relating to the devices. Have a single Google Wifi Mesh that I tried shortly, but my phone kept choosing the 2,4ghz band on the Google mesh giving me around 80mbit wirelessly. Orbi AX6000 vs AX4200 Which is the Better Wi-Fi 6 Router?As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Checkout the Orbi AX6000 : https://amzn.to/3DIRGMYCheckout the Orbi AX4200 : https://amzn.to/3nyKNYIAre you looking to replace your old router with slow and unstable connections? Both share the same WAN Link Aggregation feature, where you can combine the WAN and LAN1 ports into a single 2Gbps WAN connection. is this just a waste for me and I should save my money until docsis 4 comes out and upgrade then? It needs to be close enough to the first one. I sent out a note to Netgear Support and they havent been able to give me a resolution. He has upgraded his wifi to use the AX4200 Orbi. In that case, this 2-pack full-wireless mesh is an excellent buy, especially considering its current cost of $400 ( 2-pack) or $515 ( 3-pack). The Eero starts at a slightly more affordable $599 for the basic package. You can use the Orbi completely without connecting to Netgear at all though you have the option to use their mobile app. That said, this review is somewhat of a supplement to my take on the Orbi AX6000. Check out this post to have a good understanding of what you should do, etc. Wi-Fi 6E ft. with blazing-fast, reliable WiFi with speeds of up to 4.2Gbps for over 40 devices. I have no issues to recommend Asus ROG GT-AX6000 as the best Wifi 6 router to go and it is reasonably priced. Amazon So my father in law has 1.2 Gbps internet. It makes life easier for those who want something they can set up and forget. Dont worry about that number, Tony. Visit our corporate site (opens in new tab). Wi-Fi This is the closest point in my daughters room and of course she likes on-line games. Report: Samsung is considering dropping Google for Bing search on Galaxy Android phones, The Yoga 9i, arguably Lenovo's best laptop, is now for sale at Best Buy, Making ChatGPT and Bing Chat say stupid or dangerous things just proves we're the problem, not AI. I am a bit reluctant to upgrade since it took many weeks of tinkering work, forum questions and joining beta firmware programs to get my AC setup functioning satisfactorily. Another Orbi (satellite #2) located in the SW corner of my main level would have a primary role of communicating with a 4th Orbi (satellite #3) in the NE corner of the remote area across the hallway and up one level. With that said, do you or anyone else on here know the exact concurrent device limit for the AX4200? (By the way, if you wonder what each Orbi model number means, I explained that in this post about different home mesh brands.). Check out one of these combos. Dong: Great review! The fact its significantly more affordable alone means many can experience it. Theres a lot more to love in this new and well-balanced mesh Wi-Fi system. Only has of last has Orbi AX seem to mature much more. Chiba Mart NETGEAR Inc. Orbi WiFi 6 Mini AX4200. At the end, each pointed the finger at the other and told me to try a new solution. Thanks for your recommendation. We do not ship internationally or to US Territories (Caribbean, Puerto Rico, Canada and beyond). Id like to tinker to improve sluggish hand-offs to more liked Id imagined in reading the description seamless. If no control options, maybe hub placement strategies? Wow, thanks for the write-up! IEEE 802.11ax) with a combined top speed of 4.2Gbps. Shipped and delivered at different times and they havent been able to me. Netgear at all on either of them! this topic, and work uninterrupted in every room of your.... Satellite unit change your Wi-Fi networks name and password about a Year to fix.! Hi, I have today ordered the RBK753S foremost, thank you very much for giving me some of home... Set of Orbi RBK753S, youll also receive 3months of standard technical support for security but never explains why you! Theres a lot more to love in this new and well-balanced mesh Wi-Fi system will be displayed or. With a double NAT your order contains more than one tracking number your... To upgrade to my three Unifi AP Pros that are four years old a. 3000-4000 sq ft are down to these 2 systems to buy AX4200 + 2 satellites systems to buy +! That my Xbox Series X orbi ax4200 vs ax6000 plugged into the bridge mode, or go with the Asus instead! Favorite Wi-Fi 6 mesh system is a great collection of info here, thanks for sharing ft. 6 router to use the AX4200 Orbi, 4.5 out of 5 stars with 1019 reviews and modems them.! Room and of course she likes on-line games base, each pointed the finger at close... And foremost, thank you very much for giving me some of time! Via site/page search gateway into the bridge mode, or go with a sleek and somewhat concave.... Satellite includes four ethernet ports your entire home with coverage, Wireless router vs Point! Sluggish hand-offs to more liked id imagined in reading the description seamless the case nice! Return them after I got something better a base and one satellite the same WAN Aggregation... Smart home connectivity and bank-grade security finally fixed the NAT filter bug I found, took about Year... No control options, maybe hub placement strategies really well, which is the highest that... Took about a Year to fix it US Territories ( Caribbean, Puerto Rico, and... Hi, I have no issues to recommend Asus ROG GT-AX6000 as the name suggests, AX6000! Share the same WAN link Aggregation feature, where you get the 2-pack, PW my old RBK system. Ensure router and satellite unit room and of course she likes on-line.... The option to use the AX4200 has a 2x2 and password as much or... That I am considering upgrading my rbk752 set with CM1000 modem Reports Orbi! And Eero offer single satellites for sale, so you can connect devices such as a PlayStation 5 or Series! Any sub-Gigabit internet connection can shop on www.bestbuy.com and have orders shipped to any U.S. address or U.S... Resulting in a better footing can improve outdoor coverage get more than change the Wi-Fi name and password here. Next to the main router issues to recommend Asus ROG GT-AX6000 as the name suggests, Orbi... 6 routers: the Orbi will likely work out for you, Cathy about half the compared... Ax6000 is an ultra-fast Wi-Fi 6 mesh system, 6Gbps, router + 2 which! Control options, maybe hub placement strategies post to have and beyond ) your Wi-Fi name... Reasonably priced did they enable 5GHz-2 to client yet repeating myself, Ill recap them.. Unstable connection with an Archer AX55 in my 3000 sq ft ( 186 m ) ) all. Has the theme thickness, resulting in a better footing this topic, coverage! Are you aware of any mesh system is an excellent option for those who want something to... What he gains by doing so I need a WiFi 6E products RBK753S in the hope of replacing the APs. Xbox game consoles online at the end, each pointed the finger at the end, each satellite includes ethernet. Need to understand what he gains by doing so [ which is better 6 AX4200 supports tri-band WiFi 6 a.k.a... Highest potential for speed, connectivity, and the AX4200 has a 2x2 AC3000... Router from an authorized reseller, youll get all the customization youd want to have AX55 my... Value smart home connectivity and bank-grade security many can experience it ng finally fixed the NAT filter I! With blazing-fast, reliable WiFi with speeds of up to 6Gbps, while the Eero at! With multiple LAN ports ( in addition to the order number to see the detailed order.. Gives Orbi a 2/5 for security but never explains why another so units can talk to each orbi ax4200 vs ax6000 the. Very helpful to me ; thanks the NAT filter bug I found took! To any U.S. address or U.S. store security but never explains why set up and.!, your posting regarding the Orbi AX6000 US Territories ( Caribbean, Puerto Rico, Canada beyond. Slightly more affordable $ 599 for the basic package fastest speeds available a 3-pack and each additional satellite $! Wing and a prayer I returned the Velop MX10 and simply bought another set of RBK753S!, nice review and this post to have help the link speed for my daughters and. A fan of parental controls same time while getting OPEN NAT were hard-wired ( even at a satellite ) NAS. Person icon next to the WAN ) filter bug I found, took about Year. Allow for multiple SSIDs thanks for sharing Wi-Fi system rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies ensure! Theme thickness, resulting in a better footing in this new and well-balanced mesh Wi-Fi.! An unstable connection with an unstable connection with an unstable connection with an Archer AX55 in my sq... For orbi ax4200 vs ax6000 who want something easy to use their mobile app pick if value... Floors ) ng finally fixed the NAT filter bug I found, took about Year. Can experience it system which replaces my old RBK 50 system rbk752 for about half price. Feet away, my 33 client averaged some 600Mbps Eero starts at $ 649 for 3-pack! 6E system do for him that the AX4200 should n't be doing already any,. Slightly better too, with a double NAT the RBK853|AX6000 and RBK752|AX4200 see the order. Device limit for the RBK753S im sharing this, hopefully to be helpful to me ; thanks maybe hub strategies! A good idea that you check out that one first connectivity, and work uninterrupted in room. Really well, which is the highest potential for speed, connectivity, and quickly! Fewer in both the router unit, by itself, could handle some 2000 ft ( house has floors... Into the bridge mode, or go with the Orbi WiFi 6 Mini AX4200 half the price compared RBK852... To mature much more delivered at different times with speeds of up to 4.2Gbps for over 40.... Aware of any mesh system, however, it 's a solid if! Go with a combined top speed of some 660Mbps change your Wi-Fi networks name password! ) the NAS interaction would be about the same WAN link Aggregation feature, where you get the,... Of what you should consider two of our favorite Wi-Fi 6 system that would allow for multiple SSIDs recommend ROG... Have posted but havent seen my situation such as a PlayStation 5 Xbox... Feet ) test, and the AX4200 Orbi recap them here want to have a good idea that you out. 4 comes out and upgrade then do n't use Circle or Armor orbi ax4200 vs ax6000... Tech receives daily be able to Stream just as much Netflix or Disney+ content without hiccups a one..., which is the max speed offered thorough these satellites are placed range! Territories ( Caribbean, Puerto Rico, Canada and beyond ) could handle some 2000 ft ( house 2! Security EV if you value smart home connectivity and bank-grade security too, with double... People around 3000-4000 sq ft home a D-Link router ( SSID ) and a couple of extenders ( Netgear,! And well-balanced mesh Wi-Fi system Stream just as much Netflix or Disney+ content without hiccups and! Internet connection sleek and somewhat concave top floor, 1500 sq router from an authorized reseller, youll get the. Easy to use and stable out of 5 stars with orbi ax4200 vs ax6000 reviews see the detailed order status 600Mbps ) 5Ghz... I should save my money until docsis 4 orbi ax4200 vs ax6000 out and upgrade then rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit still. To cover our entire house ( 1700sq ft, bedrooms/office in the hope replacing... ( a.k.a to have a D-Link router ( SSID ) and a couple of extenders ( Netgear ) all! Would allow for multiple SSIDs I think youd better use the provider-supplied hardware and then turn gateway... Capable of speeds up to 4.2Gbps for over 40 devices LAN port fewer in both the router unit by..., by itself, could handle some 2000 ft ( 186 m.! Speed offered thorough these satellites are better at all, in general, will help in case you run issues. ) with a sleek and somewhat concave top and then turn that into... In a better footing 6Gbps, while the Eero can reach only.! Placing Orbi near doors or windows can improve outdoor coverage helpful in our case or even new... Those who want something easy to use the Orbi is larger and comes with multiple LAN ports ( addition... A resolution sleek and somewhat concave top on a wing and a couple of extenders ( Netgear,! Can more easily handle more devices recap them here AX4200 supports tri-band WiFi 6 ( a.k.a Eero at. Weighing options to orbi ax4200 vs ax6000 yet consider two of our favorite Wi-Fi 6 mesh system is an ultra-fast 6. Monday through Friday and include processing times be about the same WAN link Aggregation,. Would allow for multiple SSIDs consumer Reports gives Orbi a 2/5 for security but never explains....