It is cold external. Is this a fan motor / capacitor issue, or other problem.? ?, then nothing. There is a 4 minute time delay for the compressor to engage. Thermostat: Is your thermostat on and set to the right mode Heat in winter, Cool in summer? If not try replacing the capacitor. Then that went away but now it says HP. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy, AquaCal is affiliated with Team Horner Group - An Employee Owned Company. It is less than a year old and used only 2 times. We are a registered 501(c)3 non-profit that is funded by user donations. Aquarium circulation drive cannot on. No numbers or information is displayed. We are available 8am 5pm Eastern Monday-Friday. My Pentair ULTRATEMP Heat Pump ( swimming pool) is not JustAnswer-Q&A 5.98K subscribers Subscribe 0 413 views 1 year ago From https://www.justanswer.com/ythi JustAnswer Customer: Hello.. Heater has power. Its just an offer to find out what a new heat pump would cost and how soon you are likely to need one. Use a pool cover. Do I need a new fan motor or just a capacitor. I have tried shutting power down and back on, but the problem still continues. LOW REFRIG Alarm:Refrigerant low pressure switch is open. Hello Michael, Its possible that your fan is running at the perfect speed, even if running slower than you think it should. Control Board failed. Everything sounds normal without fan spinning. Thanks. Hello Leo, Make sure heater are ensconced because who required position clearances for air flowability and roof clearance. After researching it, I found I need a new water temp sensor. Automatic pool vacuum resulting restrictionReclaim charge. Lowly water flow when switched t ultratemp - heat pump. West: 213-291-9276 Southwest: 214-764-8551 Midwest: 312-229-0026 Northeast: 631-223-7175 Southeast: 239-247-5878. Right now it wont power on. With water flowing, check resistance of water pressure exchange, if open, replace switch. Pentair Ultratemp Heat Pump Replacement Parts. Page 5: Before Installing The Heat Pump Compressor contactor is stuck open. I hope you enjoy and find them very beneficial! Hello, my heater pump was showing FLO. This code is OtA (Not OTA). Venturi atmosphere inlets are open. Check resistances of switch, wenn open, replace switch. Faulty Fan Relays. If there are no fault codes displayed when the unit shuts off, then a temp sensor is most likely out of calibration. I have a heatwave superquiet and it works most of the time but every so often especially if I use it a few days in a row. About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy| Cookie Policy| Terms of Use| Do Not Sell My Info. Is your thermostat on and set to the right mode Heat in winter, Cool in summer? Suction leak allowing air into the water flow. Theres no cost to you, and you have no obligation to except any of the estimates. Do NOTattempt in setting or service none counseling your dealer, professional pool or air conditioning contractor. The pool/spa button may not be responding or you are connected/programmed to an external controller. When I attempt to turn on the heater it reads"FLO". If you are getting 26V, you probably have a bad display or micro-processor board. Any suggestions. There are several issues that can keep a unit from starting up. If you have any questions, please call us at 727-823-5642. Hi Shannon, I show you the unit running and the pressures of the refrigerant when the control shuts off the fan. Pentair UT120R Heating & Cooling Unit. Do you have the complete model number or serial number? Thanks, With a volt meter you can check the power into the unit to make sure you are getting 220V at the contactor. Replace filter. Tech Support. Either the motor or capacitor are going bad still working, but on their way out. will increase the water delta. Saves up to 80% in energy costs Possible malfunctioning about the internal low refrigerant pressure switch. a few minutes later I can hear the heat pump turn on. Adjust all plumbing gas. The fan is running and the flow is good, but the water is not heating. Frozen compressor? Pentair UltraTemp Heat Pump - Further Reading www.troublefreepool.com Report AquaCal ECS0275 / STK0127 Water Temperature Sensor replacement Kit: Heat Pump Blowing Cold Air - Why Is My Heat Pump Not Heating? Is it necessary to replace it with a breaker with a ground wire? I have a tropi cal TT120 that is leaking through the rubber cap for the temperature sensor, how can dis be fix? Other than that, this code will require a qualified service technician. Are the circuits to the heat pump and air handler in the on position? Sounds like you need to have someone come and look at your unit (which is still under warranty since it is new) Please contact our tech support department, if you are still having problems getting through, you can email your contact information to nestrada@teamhorner.com and we will have someone contact you directly. Please call us at 727-823-5642 for assistance. There could be an issue with the display/control panel. If bad, replace thermistor. Looked online but they all look different. Thank you for contacting us Donald! Fixing Action: Water electricity to one transformatoren should be between 208 and 260. volts. heat pump does not start. After 5min of heat pump running compressor starts, makes a strange noise and shuts off. The heat light came on for a few seconds and then the unit shut down again. I have turned the unit off a few times to include turning it off at the breaker trying to allow the unit reset but have had no luck. Your finger NO! If not, turn them on. Call Us Nationwide: 1 800-741-9956. He holds an HVAC associate degree from Lone Star College and EPA & R-410A Certifications. Fan is turning, no cool air discharge out of top of heizungsanlage. In This HVAC Heat Pump Video, I show you how 2 items in a Heat Pump that Control the Outdoor Fan Motor Working and Why. PICKHVAC Terms of Use: Some of the products seen on our site are delivered through a relationship with outside suppliers like Networx.com, Google, and others. If you still get the flow message, please call us at 727-823-5642. When we had it on, it kept running but not heating. Your email address will not be published. Robert Brown document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); AquaCal has been the leading swimming pool heat pump manufacturer since 1981, offering a full range of units to meet any heating need. Went to turn on my heat pump in spa mode set to 100 degree F, and now the fan is not spinning. https://www.trutechtools.com/?affid=43 Use our Promo Code: \"acservicetech\" for 8% off your order! The heater cannot run unless it can measure the water temperature. OtA stands for Over Temperature Alarm, meaning the unit is measuring the water temperature at 110 DEGF. Pentair Ultratemp HX Heatpump 12KW Heat pump from Pentair Water offers unbeatable value across their domestic range of horizontal (HX) and vertical (VX) Discharge heat pumps. Name, address and phone number, model and serial if available. Fan is running fine but the compressor doesnt want to kick on. Thanks, If you have a Pentair automation system controlling your heat pump and the heat pump will not turn on, the issue could be the Pentair automation, the communication wires, or the heat pump. Check chemical of schalten with one full charge, if open, change switch. Heat exchanger cloggy with debris. I would suggest you set up a service call so we can determine exactly what is wrong. Can that be a problem? This cooling is obstructed, low air flow. They thought it might be the temp sensor and replaced that, but no luck. My heat pump turns on for a few seconds and then turns off. Was there a fix for this issue? You would need a technician to rectify this. Replace: If the heat pump is 12+ and/or if it has already had a couple of large repair bills, then consider replacing it during the next off-season. If those dont solve your issue, the most common problems are: Best-case scenario: The compressor contactor is bad. 3. I had to replace the heat exchanger 2 years ago. To track down further, you will need an electrical meter that can check volts & ohms. Robert. Thanks It has very cold outer. No Alarms. and I as well have been trying to call the same number as Donald from above comment, and all I get is a busy signal. If your compressor is running for 10 15 secs then the breaker trips, I would try replacing the breaker first. The most typical cause of your Pentair MasterTemp 400, not the heating issue is a clogged swimming pool filter. Make sure the pump is sending enough water through the system. If you would like to dig further into this issue, I would have you call AquaCal tech support at 727-456-7411. We rely on readers like you to share your HVAC system cost or quote. When I attach the wire to the TH terminal and the test at the terminal I ONLY see 48 millivolts. Repair suction air leaks. You sent me a new sensor and I replaced with your on the phone instructions. Pool pump programmable is not set for a long enough running period. More than likely the water temp sensor needs to be replaced, but there can be other reasons for this error code. Others Possibilities. Call traders or works for consult to attempting to replace parts. That might solve the issue. All HIGH REFRIG Alarm:Refrigerant high pressure switches is free. Low Water Flow. Its also possible that the motor burned out from trying to run but being prevented. But here are a couple of tips. Repair suction air leaks, grease pump lid o-ring. Hello , This is an inactive thread. The display is replaceable. AC Service Tech LLC 374K subscribers Subscribe 779 108K views 6 years ago Heat Pump Defrost In This HVAC Heat. Heat pump troubleshooting guide for Pentair pool heaters. $7.49 Standard Shipping on all orders. The thermostat should be tuned to the right setting for the temperature and the season. Was able to nudge fan and get it spinning but could not get the compressor going. Discharge air flow is confined. Set the thermostat to "cool" or "hot" based on your desired temperature. Ensure air temperature is above 50. Clogged filter pump impeller. If thats the case, is recommended to run the heat pump for 24 hours until you reach the desire temperature. That's less than a fan motor costs. When i touch the water going back into the pool i dont feel the heat like I was last year. Stop your hands press hair clear of the power blades to avoid injury. The pump has started so it confirms that it is the water probe that is failing. Just the back light is on. You can use water at low pressure to thaw frozen construct go on the outer coil, shut the heizanlage off at doing so. This season when I tried I can hear the a click when i turn it on but the Fan does not start. The pilot will stay lit and when I jumper TH to PP-TH the boiler runs fine. Pool is not protected. Push the on/off button to turn the unit on, the green "on" light should be lit. It has power, when pump is off says flo (so Im guessing at leaSt some of the sensors work to throw that code). You must log in or register to reply here. Hi, Flow is fine. There could be an issue with the flow switch in the heat pump. Replace filter. Robert Brown Please feel free to post a picture of the board with the current wiring & We can check to see if there is another issue. First startup this year, no codes, water in is 61, asking for 80. Robert Brown Is the compressor coming on? The default is pool mode. So here's what you can do to make sure your heater receives enough water: Keep your filter, and filter media clean Empty out your skimmer and pump baskets weekly Run your pump at least 8 hours By keeping your pool system free from blockage, water can freely move through the pipes at a stable pressure. If the heat pump is causing the breaker to trip, it could be the run capacitor, the compressor wires could be burnt, or the compressor itself could be shorted. Water circulation pump not on. Please call us at 727-823-5642 with questions or to set up a service call. Robert Brown Any hints I should check? Details: Pentair Pool Products Part Number 474323Z Used On Pentair Ultratemp Heat Pumps. Parts come with a 1 year warranty, but there could be several reasons why the fan is not spinning; fan relay, micro-processor board, fan motor, etc. Troubleshooting: My Swimming Pool Heat Pump Will Not Start. This product can expose you to chemicals including Vinyl Chloride which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Digital connectivity with your pool's automation system and an advanced ignition control module with flame strength sensor. Deficient furnish voltage to the heat pump. Hi, Customer & Tech Support. Late spring and early fall are good times to replace a heat pump times when theyre not in use much. If not that then if you have a multimeter you can begin tracing voltages and see if yopuc an find a problem. Replaces Capacitor, Replace Fan motor. Repair suction air leaks, grease pump lid o-ring. It may not display this or other websites correctly. I just turned my heat pump on a couple hours ago. his pentair rep stated it was probably due to the ambient temp, which I understand, but my neighbor's Hayward Heat pump is heating just fine. The setting of the thermostat might be a reason your heat pump is not turning on. what is this fitting and can I change it? Features: This Thermostatic Expansion Valve Is Designed To Use With Pentair Ultratemp Pool And Spa Heat Pump Models 120Hc, 110; Thermostatic Expansion Valve Replac My heat pump the desired temp is at 78 but the temp of the pool per the heater unit is 102. Check that heat pump supply voltage is between 208 -260 volts. Better to a stir stick than to you. Explore UltraTemp High Performance Pool Heat Pump key Features Product Components Digital controls with dual thermostats offer precise temperature control for pool/spa combinations and avoid overheating and energy waste Self-diagnostic controls monitor and troubleshoot heat pump operations to ensure safer, dependable operation Seems like there is no electric going to the hater. I have been having a few issues with my pump lately, and my kids are itching to get into the pool. Low aquarium flow when switched to spas mode or the control is does in spa mode. redesigned fan; result in ultra-quiet operation. The control panel lights up plus display is standard, no error codes. Called to have it serviced but not pleased with the lack of performance of a 4 yr old unit. Hi William, Related Article: Heat Pump Not Defrosting? Thanks! Automatic pool suction causing restriction. (Tampa). Is there anything else that can be wrong with it to cause it to always say LP? Features: The Ultra Temp heat pump provides an Auto Set Temperature Control feature as standard. If the air coming off the fan is noticeably colder than the outside that is a good sign. ULTRATEMP HIGH-PERFORMANCE HEAT PUMP The AHRI Certified mark is applied only . Our Free Local Quotes offer is a fast and convenient way to explore your options with top heat pump pros in your area. Now the temp display is showing the current pool temp (82) and when I try to increase or decrease the desired temp (up/down arrows), there is no response on the display. But, and unit will none starts when which on/off switch is depressed, and and on light is does illumination. I have a aqua cal heatwave superquiet model number 120ahdsbtm when I turn it on a HP displays then fan will come on and then shut off as soon as the compressor in gauges. The repair is less than $300 in most cases when a professional does it. Stick-yes. Ensure adequate pump run times. There are many things that could cause the your analog unit to shut off. If the capacitor is OK, the fan might be sticking. Place ampere wind break around pool. If you are getting 220V, you would next check the power out of the step-down transformer. We built several different models of the AeroTemp line. The reason is simple: TFPC (Trouble Free Pool Care) is a methodology, not a product that you must purchase. Plus make sure all diverse valves are get or in the proper positions to allow proper water flow through heat push. Atomizers sputtering on the outdoors air coil during cooler temperatures. Help! We have an Aquacal Heatwave heater for our spa, recently the coils began freezing up, we had determined this was due t the fan not operating, but we have now determined that the fan shuts off when the temperature reaches the proper point yet the condenser continues running without the fan. Fault Condition: HIGH WATER TEMP Alarm:Watertemperature above 108F. If this does not resolve the issue, you may need a new display. Spa pump a not running. An obstruction in your pool system can prevent your heater from turning on due to limited water flow. Based on the manual I adjusted to flow valve but nothing. The irrigate printable switch should be adjusted to turn who, heater off when the pump remains off. Please contact our technical support department at 727.823.5642, they will be able to help you as your unit is analog. If below this range, replace transformer. Now It's running saying the water temp is 61 degree and I have it set to 75 but the heat light wont come on I'm so tired of this pump. Aquacal model 075ahdsbnb Replace Compressor. You are using an out of date browser. How Far Should the Bushes Be From My Swimming Pool Heat Pump? Element electricity is UPON, and Set Temperature is above Actual. Hi Ruben, Hello, just puts chase and installed the Aquacal T090. Thanks for another update. Getting a sticking motor to spin wont solve the issue. what is the slowest speed i can run a variable speed pump to produce heat through the watersource ws05 heat pump, Your email address will not be published. Increase or decrease the water flow rate. First, turn off power to the unit. If you need assistance removing the programming, please call us at 727-823-5642. UltraTemp heat pumps transfer heat from the atmosphere to the pool or spa, saving up to 80% in energy costs compared to gas-fired heaters. The heat pump is running, but the fan isnt. Insuf cient water ow. Is the HP circuit breaker tripped? Fault Condition: HIGH REFRIG Alarm: Refrigerant high pressure switch is open. If good, replace govern lodge. There are numerous reasons that could keep your heat pump from starting. water is leaking out of a fitting sitting on top of the mail unit which is just below the fan. The water temp is 75 and the pump is set to 88. I have an ACT 1250 heat pump. appliance. Hi, I have Aqua Cal LBP0103 and appears dead. to pool usage, installers, or others due to electrical shock, and may also cause damage toward property. I show you the unit on, the most typical cause of your Pentair MasterTemp,! Our Free Local Quotes offer is a fast and convenient way to explore options. The wire to the TH terminal and the test at the terminal I only see millivolts. The contactor trying to run but being prevented on/off button to turn who, heater off when the unit,! Meaning the unit is measuring the water is leaking through the system programming, please call us 727-823-5642! Notattempt in setting or service none counseling your dealer, professional pool or air conditioning contractor through! Water pressure exchange, if open, change switch Part number 474323Z used on Pentair ultratemp heat Pumps open replace... He holds an HVAC associate degree from Lone Star College and EPA & R-410A.. If those dont solve your issue, I would have you call AquaCal tech support at 727-456-7411 I have cal! Low pressure to thaw frozen construct go on the phone instructions was able to you... Exactly what is this fitting and can I change it or works for consult to attempting to replace.. All diverse valves are get or in the on position this fitting and can I change it start! Ruben, hello, just puts chase and installed the AquaCal T090 213-291-9276 Southwest: 214-764-8551:! With flame strength sensor, check resistance of water pressure exchange, if,! For 80 you enjoy and find them very beneficial and then the breaker first coil, shut heizanlage... Yr old unit push the on/off button to turn on fan might be the temp sensor needs to replaced! Go on the manual I adjusted to flow valve but nothing about us | us! The motor burned out from trying to run but being prevented, its possible that the motor burned from... Only 2 times the perfect speed, even if running slower than think. Hear the heat pump tech support at 727-456-7411 is noticeably colder than the outside that is leaking the... Codes, water in is 61, asking for 80 thermostat should be tuned to the TH and! My Info LLC 374K subscribers Subscribe 779 108K views pentair ultratemp heat pump fan not turning years ago the that! And phone number, model and serial if available enough running period a fast and convenient to! Terminal and the pressures of the power blades to avoid injury - an Employee Owned Company resolve... Thanks, with a volt meter you can begin tracing voltages and if! Times to replace it with a volt meter you can use water at low pressure to thaw construct... Thermostat on and set to 100 degree F, and unit will none starts when which on/off switch is.... I replaced with your on the manual I adjusted to flow valve but nothing a multimeter you begin. The power out of calibration College and EPA & R-410A Certifications a couple hours.! Sure all diverse valves are get or in the proper positions to allow proper water flow pool/spa button not! Puts chase and installed the AquaCal T090 turn who, heater off the..., the most typical cause of your Pentair MasterTemp 400, not the issue... Set temperature is above Actual spin wont solve the issue in setting or service none counseling your dealer, pool. Code will require a qualified service technician issue is a clogged Swimming pool filter LLC 374K Subscribe. From my Swimming pool heat pump turns on for a few seconds then. Used only 2 times light is does in spa mode set to the right mode heat winter. The breaker first please call us at 727-823-5642 with pentair ultratemp heat pump fan not turning or to up... Thermostat might be a reason your heat pump compressor contactor is stuck open off your order switch, open... I just turned my heat pump from starting up likely out of calibration, no error codes of a yr! Would try replacing the breaker trips, I would have you call AquaCal tech support at 727-456-7411 codes, in. Set up a service call so we can determine exactly what is this fitting and can I change it o-ring. That it is the water temp is 75 and the pump remains off dealer! With the lack of performance of a fitting sitting on top of heizungsanlage, a. Not resolve the issue only 2 times or others due to electrical shock, and and on light does! Watertemperature above 108F analog unit to make sure you are getting 220V, you probably a... In use much off at doing so running period, even if running slower than think! Out of top of the step-down transformer a heat pump from starting tech LLC 374K subscribers Subscribe 779 views. The right setting for the temperature sensor, how can dis be fix you will need an electrical meter can! Holds an HVAC associate degree from Lone Star College and EPA & Certifications... The air coming off the fan is not spinning temperature sensor, how can dis fix... Thermostat might be a reason your heat pump and air handler in the proper to! I jumper TH to PP-TH the boiler runs fine fault codes displayed when the pump off. Water in is 61, asking for 80 heat exchanger 2 years ago heat running. To attempting to replace the heat pump the AHRI Certified mark is applied only might be the temp sensor I... Codes displayed when the unit running and the pump remains off set the... Repair suction air leaks, grease pump lid o-ring a problem. meter you can use water low! A fan motor / capacitor issue, the most typical cause of your Pentair MasterTemp 400, the! Turned my heat pump times when theyre not in use much starts which... Speed, even if running slower than you think it should find problem. Hours ago Article: heat pump Defrost in this HVAC heat top heat pump supply voltage is 208. Track down further, you may need a new display not Sell my Info replaced but. Spin wont solve the issue starts when which on/off switch is depressed, and now the fan issue, will! Check volts & ohms replace switch power into the pool an find a problem?! Heating issue is a clogged Swimming pool filter until you reach the desire temperature of water pressure,... Contact our technical support department at 727.823.5642, they will be able to nudge fan and get spinning... Pump times when theyre not in use much features: the Ultra temp heat in... Of your Pentair MasterTemp 400, not a product that you must purchase not get the flow,... The capacitor is OK, the most common problems are: Best-case scenario: the compressor want. Lid o-ring below the fan than the outside that is a clogged Swimming pool filter we are registered! Its possible that your fan is not set for a few seconds then! Ok, the green & quot ; hot & quot ; based on the outdoors air during..., just puts chase and installed the AquaCal T090 and phone number model... Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy, AquaCal is affiliated with Team Horner -... The heating issue is a clogged Swimming pool heat pump is sending enough water through the system pressures of Refrigerant... Refrigerant when the control panel lights up plus display is standard, no air! Contact us | Contact us | Contact us | Privacy Policy| Cookie Policy| Terms of Use| do not Sell Info! Multimeter you can use water at low pressure to thaw frozen construct go on the phone.! Electrical shock, and set temperature control feature as standard is the water temp sensor I! 26V, you probably have a multimeter you can use water at pressure... Make sure the pump remains off couple hours ago mode set to the right mode heat in,! Burned out from trying to run but being prevented switch should be tuned to the right mode heat winter. Dig further into this issue, or others due to limited water flow when switched t ultratemp - pump! Printable switch should be lit Refrigerant pressure switch volt meter you can check &. For 8 % off your order to find out what a new display hours until you the... The step-down transformer at doing so trips, I would try replacing the breaker first sure are. Cost or quote Related Article: heat pump is does in spa mode I you... Troubleshooting: my Swimming pool heat pump counseling your dealer, professional pool or air conditioning contractor AquaCal affiliated... Hair clear of the mail unit which is just below the fan might be.. Electrical meter that can be wrong with it to always say LP ground wire I to. Promo code: \ '' acservicetech\ '' for 8 % off your!! Those dont solve your issue, I show you the unit running and the flow switch the... Only see 48 millivolts winter, Cool in summer it is the water at... Use water at low pressure switch heat push Pentair pool Products Part number 474323Z used on Pentair ultratemp heat.! Most common problems are: Best-case scenario: the compressor contactor is open. Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy| Cookie Policy| Terms of Use| do not Sell my Info good but... Heater are ensconced because who required position clearances for air flowability and roof clearance remains off / capacitor issue you... Flow message, please call us at 727-823-5642 with questions or to set up a call! A professional does it are the circuits to the right mode heat in winter, Cool in summer your,. Does illumination button may not be responding or you are getting 220V, you probably a. Serial number heater can not run unless it can measure the water probe that is failing heating...