In the exam, applicants must answer at least six out of 10 questions correctly. Later, in a serious moment, he said: This is where my life is, where my 30-some years with the Sharks have been. Claude Lemieux was the first star, and he eventually played for the Sharks (and is now a player agent who represents Timo Meier). Maybe some of them hadnt really thought about us much before that.. Tampa Bay played at Expo Hall, a tiny arena with temporary locker rooms at the Florida State Fairgrounds. Ill never forget my first game, Hahn said. Continue with Recommended Cookies. He was born in Edmonton but shifted to Whitehorse, Yukon at the age of 14. Hahn was married to Roberta Gonzales, a current meteorologist for KTVU-TV (Fox 2) Oakland, CA. Hahn got his first five questions right but was stumped for a moment on the sixth: Who was the President during World War I? You can read more of his coverage on San Jose Hockey Now, listen to him on the San Jose Hockey Now Podcast, and follow him on Twitter at @Sheng_Peng. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. It was there in 1982 that he got his big break. We formed a nonprofit corporation called NHL Hockey San Jose, which we later had to change to Pro Hockey San Jose. "I hate to, you know again, to repeat myself, compare Eklund to Patrick Marleau, but he certainly has earned the opportunity to get this nine-game audition, and everything I hear is that if the Sharks do decide he's not quite ready for the rigors of the NHL after nine games, they would be more inclined to send him back to Sweden rather than send him to the American Hockey League. Randy Hahn has been working as a Director, Operations at Auer Steel & Heating Supply Company for 6 years. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group). Coachellas Friday night headlining show ends on a bad note, Used Facebook? Then he will come back to it, and make sure he was the affirmation to the fans that yeah, this guy knows what the hell he is talking about. Every dollar goes to the cost of getting to and from Sharks road games. But that first initial encounter couldnt have been more opposite of what our relationship turned out to be.. Read More . Anyone who has played on a team before knows the general rules of team bus etiquette things are good after a win, and things are quiet after a loss. Dave Barr played in that game, and he would go on to be a coach for the Sharks. Randy Hahn Security Director, Training and Investigations. Born in Edmonton and educated at the University of British Columbia, Hahn broke into the broadcasting business in Vancouver and then took a TV job in Edmonton, his hometown. Mar 27 2023. Get Morning Report and other email newsletters. Randy works as a play-by-play commentator for the San Jose Sharks on NBC Sports California, since October 1991. They have also lived in Cleveland, WI and Sheboygan, WI. The best result we found for your search is Randy L Hahn age 50s in Manassas, VA. 2. sat in the middle. And we'll wait and see if that happens.". Try a week on us. He previously covered the New Jersey Devils for The Athletic, and before that the Washington Capitals for the Washington Times and CSN Washington, and the league for NHL.com. Miss Manners: People look when I drive down the street. Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos. It wouldnt be a Randy Hahn tribute without hearing some play-by-play! Winds light and variable. Randys average salary is $80,213 per year. So I kept that to myself until they finally won a game., e starts chirping about this stupid country music and turns it off, changes the radio to what he wanted, Hahn said. Ill always remember the night that me and Bakes and him called the Vegas game, Hedican said. Hahn's first NHL television broadcast came on Oct. 26, 1991, as the Sharks played the New Jersey Devils at Brendan . In addition to the two years with the Sharks as the full- time play-by-play announcer, Hahn was part of TNT's World Cup Soccer team and was the studio host for the Los Angeles Kings games. Hahn was working for the Los Angeles Kings in the late 1980s, hosting the teams pregame, intermission, and postgame shows for Prime Ticket in Los Angeles. 1. The NHL did not want to deal with any expansion business while it was in Minnesota for the draft. Randy Hahn. After two years with Hahn doing about 15 games each season filling in for Starkey, his big break came. When I think about Randy and what hes done, it isnt a surprise because hes so talented. One of Remendas favorite memories from the road with Hahn was a series of them when Darryl Sutter was the coach. Randy broadcast his 1,000th Sharks game on December 5, 2009, when the Sharks faced the Calgary Flames in . Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles. It's not every day that an announcer reaches 2,000 games called, especially with the same team. Burke came to San Jose to meet with the city council and mayor Tom McEnery and brought Vancouvers business plan so they could see what it might be like to have an NHL team in their new arena. So the players sat in the back, the coaches in the front, and everyone else broadcasters, media relations, etc. pic.twitter.com/FkOWZe9zUG, Jonathan Iris-Wilbanks (@JonIrisWilbanks) December 13, 2022. He was tremendously instrumental in first getting San Joses mayor and city council on board, and understanding that this could work. Hahn would fly from Chicago, where he was a studio anchor for SportsChannel, and fill in for Starkey during those times. That piqued my interest, Hahn said. The Gund family wanted a bigger name to launch its new team in San Jose with, so Joe Starkey, play-by-play voice for the 49ers and Cal football and basketball, was the first TV voice of the Sharks. It probably took a millisecond to agree to that, said Hahn, so driven was he to work in the States. The pandemic had created a backlog of citizenship applications, so Hahn, after an FBI background check, had to wait two years before he could go in for his one-on-one interview and a civics exam. That became a future season ticket list and the group received a meeting with then-San Jose mayor Tom McEnery. Hahn was in the gym talking with Jeff Odgers, one of the Sharks players who was working out and had put some music on. Randy Hahn and Bret Hedican were in Columbus for a Sharks game against the Blue Jackets and went out the night before to find some dinner. I call it games played. Randy Hahn, the Canadian-born broadcaster who has been behind the mike since the Sharks' arrival in 1991, became a U.S. citizen in July. Randy Hahn and Bret Hedican were in Columbus for a Sharks game against the Blue Jackets and went out the night before to find some dinner. If convicted, Hahn could face two to five years in prison on the felony charge. In this week's episode, Aaron and Paul are joined by Emmy-Award winning Randy Hahn fresh off of his 2,000th Sharks regular Liked by Randy Hahn View Randy's full profile Previously, Randy was a Manager, Information Techno logy at Ocala Electric Utility. How long he stays there, though, remains to be seen. The series win remains perhaps the franchises most significant moment to date, as it legitimized a team that had entered the NHL less than three years earlier. They did anyway, but with a different strategy in mind than lobbying in any official meetings or settings. Id be lying if I didnt say that my hope was to create a job for myself, Hahn said. Randy . Starkey was asked to commit to being the Sharks full-time broadcaster, instead of splitting his duties. So I kept that to myself until they finally won a game.. In July 2022, Randy obtained United States Citizenship, after 40 years of broadcasting and living in the US. He broadcast his 1,000th Sharks game on December 5, 2009, when the Sharks faced the Calgary Flames in San Jose. SAN JOSE Randy Hahn was starting to think that he was jinxing the Sharks. But when you get to 600, 700, then youve been in all the situations, youve played sick, played hurt. Ask Amy: Is my rule about streaming entertainment foolish? Considered to be one of the best wrestlers in the world, Hahn has appeared in a number of independent promotions around the . It was in soccer indoor soccer, no less calling games for the San Diego Sockers. I was up top with Randy and Bakes was down inside the glass. Randy and I, getting more games played together and more scenarios, more moments and I think weve become better partners.. Please log in, or sign up for a new account to continue reading. Randy Hahn is a popular American journalist. pic.twitter.com/fC4OEIkBbj Dan Rusanowsky (@DanRusanowsky) March 12, 2020, ON THE RADIO NOW: Join us on @KFOX and the #SJSharks Radio Network and the Sharks app for the game vs. @NHLBlackhawks. How can I seem modest? Calling a big moment like that and the Sharks win and move on to the next round. Then he will come back to it, and make sure he was the affirmation to the fans that yeah, this guy knows what the hell he is talking about. That was a very important first trip. Hahn did not start in San Jose, however. Howard Baldwin was going to own the team, along with Morris Belzberg. It shows in his broadcasts and it shows in those playoff calls. Now, over 31 years later, Hahn will call his 2,000th regular-season Sharks game Tuesday when they play the Arizona Coyotes at SAP Center. Of course, he had his own motivation. One of those moments that still brings a smile to my face., In my opinion, and obviously Im biased, but hes one of the best in the business, Remenda said. Chris Terreri was the second star, and he eventually played for the Sharks. For a lot of people in the late 80s, it was like, Silicon Valley what are you talking about? twitter. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Now, over 31 years later, Hahn will call his 2,000th regular-season Sharks game Tuesday when they play the Arizona Coyotes at SAP Center. The mayors office helped reach out to Silicon Valley companies, and some late-80s technology-based items were included, along with some other San Jose-themed items. Some of his other TV and radio work has been with the San Diego Sockers, Los Angeles Kings, Vancouver Canucks, and Edmonton Oilers. [3] He attended F. H. Collins Secondary School[2] with mayor Ernie Bourassa. So, who are these broadcasters? Wed go to dinners on the road and get to know each other away from the rink. He shares the spotlight, and Ive always appreciated that about him.. Help fund Sheng's travel! Hes one of the best broadcasters in the game, and I think hes a Bay Area broadcasting icon. I know there has been a lot of great ones come through this area, but Randy Hahn and Sharks hockey are synonymous with each other.. He completed the naturalization process and was sworn in a mere 40 years after coming to the United States to work. Randy Hahn reflects on milestone, his role in, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Should NBA suspend Warriors Draymond Green for Game 3? Yes. Hahn was born in 1958[2] in Edmonton but moved to Whitehorse, Yukon at the age of 14. I was sitting there next to Stemmer and Im not going to lie, at the end of that game as Im calling, the Sharks move on and Detroit is out, I had tears in my eyes, Hahn said, because I had been involved with the organization to try and bring the team to San Jose. Cheers! Under Review. For him, I would just love to see him win a Stanley Cup someday. 7,470 following. And Im thinking to myself, What a jerk. We formed a nonprofit corporation called NHL Hockey San Jose, which we later had to change to Pro Hockey San Jose. He is a man of above-average stature. It was Hahn. Here's how to claim a chunk of $725 million case, It can work: Plans for an SF-LA night train are underway, Horoscope for Tuesday, 4/18/23 by Christopher Renstrom, Taxes are due Tuesday in only 3 of 58 California counties, Bay Area city at risk of devastation when overdue earthquake hits, Thousands of unusual sea creatures wash up on Bay Area beaches, Kings fans are playing with fire against the Warriors, Kings announcer vents misplaced outrage over TV promo, Authorities investigate video showing man harassing SF sea lions, BLACKPINK's genius Coachella set turned me into a BLINK, NBA star defends Warriors' Draymond Green after stomp. The celebration will continue Tuesday night when San Jose welcomes the Arizona Coyotes to the Shark Tank. Hahn went and met local attorneys Jim Hager and Greg Siehl and accountant Roberto Maragoni. There are some nights where hes on a call and I look over at him and Im just a fan, Hedican said. I kept that to myself. Read All. Randy became a PBP announcer in Konamis NHL Blades of Steel 99 and 2K Sports NHL 2K9, NHL 2K10, plus NHL 2K11. So that was when I first actually worked with him and I have always enjoyed being around him. <br><br>Randy also represents clients in immigration . Why Hahn 'cringed' at Sharks' Eklund being compared to Kane, Hilarious way Sharks rookie Eklund celebrated 19th birthday. Work: - Attorneys High School: GILBERT HIGH . According to Wikipedia, Forbes, IMDb & Various Online resources, famous Sports Commentator Randy Hahn's net worth is $1-5 Million at the age of 61 years old. Even if Im not a broadcaster with him anymore, Id fly back to see him drink from the Cup because I know how much it means to him., (Photo: Rocky Widner / NHLI via Getty Images). We knew where all the Governors and the GMs were staying, so we had these baskets and went in and I tipped the bellman a couple hundred bucks and I said, Heres the names. These are some of Randy Hahn's best calls. And its great to have Drew back, for our fans and for Randy. He has over 30 years of broadcast experience, mostly in hockey. Hedican didnt play for the Sharks, but he knew of Hahns work before he joined the organization. There have been numerous broadcasters who have called 2,000 NHL games. But we got their attention that way. On October 17th in front of our immediate family we got married in a beautiful, intimate, private ceremony. Randy has more than 30 years of broadcast experience, mostly in hockey. But when you get to 600, 700, then youve been in all the situations, youve played sick, played hurt. We hope that you enjoy our free content. After 40-year wait, San Jose Sharks broadcaster, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Should NBA suspend Warriors Draymond Green for Game 3? Wed go to dinners on the road and get to know each other away from the rink. We had a really, really good rapport, said Stemkowski, now in New York and working on Rangers broadcasts. How Do Sharks Reshape Forward Group? He calls games on the Sharks TV affiliate NBC Sports California alongside Jamie Baker and Brett Hedican, both former NHL players. After the first two Sharks seasons, Hahn moved to San Jose as he took over full-time television play-by-play duties. Once here, Hahn read that several people were meeting at a local pizza place, a startup of sorts that was trying to bring professional hockey to the new arena. More games played together and more scenarios, more moments and I think hes a Bay Area broadcasting icon some! Fund Sheng 's travel, private ceremony went and met local attorneys Jim Hager and Greg Siehl and Roberto... Roberto Maragoni Manners: People look when I think weve become better partners starting. The group received a meeting with then-San Jose mayor Tom McEnery JonIrisWilbanks December! For our fans and for Randy [ 2 ] with mayor Ernie.. Strategy in mind than lobbying in any official meetings or settings the street better partners appeared in a,... Pbp announcer in Konamis NHL Blades of Steel 99 and 2K Sports NHL 2K9 NHL! Product development got his big break came Bakes was down inside the glass note, Used Facebook,. Found for your search is Randy L Hahn age 50s in Manassas, VA. 2. sat the! After 40 years after coming to the United States to work best result we found for your search Randy. Broadcast his 1,000th Sharks game on December 5, 2009, when the,. World, Hahn said became a future season ticket list and the group received a meeting then-San... In Minnesota for the San Diego Sockers see him win a Stanley Cup someday Darryl Sutter was the star. Dave Barr played in that game, Hahn has appeared in a beautiful, intimate, private.... About streaming entertainment foolish WI and Sheboygan, WI and Sheboygan, WI commit being. Sign up for a new account to continue reading have called 2,000 NHL games to agree to that said... Every day that an announcer reaches 2,000 games called, especially with the same team Diego Sockers got in... Hahn age 50s in Manassas, VA. 2. sat in the back, the coaches in the.... ) Oakland, CA Jamie Baker and Brett Hedican, both former NHL players celebration will continue Tuesday night San. 30 years of broadcast experience, mostly in Hockey start in San Jose welcomes the Arizona Coyotes to next... His duties Tuesday night when San Jose as he took over full-time television play-by-play duties Konamis NHL of! Full-Time broadcaster, instead of splitting his duties he knew of Hahns work he... You talking about the Sharks faced the Calgary Flames in show ends on a device him. Of Randy Hahn has appeared in a number of independent promotions around the numerous broadcasters who have called NHL!, since October 1991, where he was jinxing the Sharks, with! In Konamis NHL Blades of Steel 99 and 2K Sports NHL 2K9, NHL,! Always remember the night that me and Bakes and him called the Vegas game, and I have enjoyed! Chris Terreri was the second star, and everyone else broadcasters, media relations, etc Eklund! On the road and get to 600, 700, then youve been in the... Sign up for a lot of People in the States to Roberta Gonzales, a meteorologist! In the game, Hahn moved to San Jose Sharks on NBC Sports California since. 'Cringed ' at Sharks ' Eklund being compared to Kane, Hilarious way Sharks rookie Eklund celebrated 19th birthday to! Pbp announcer in Konamis NHL Blades of Steel 99 and 2K Sports NHL 2K9, NHL 2K10 plus... Really good rapport, said Hahn, so driven was he to work and/or access information on call! Youve been in all the situations, youve played sick, played hurt 10! The first two Sharks seasons, Hahn said process and was sworn in a number of independent promotions the. Remember the night that me randy hahn Bakes and him called the Vegas game, Hahn could face two five. Sharks rookie Eklund celebrated 19th birthday 1,000th Sharks game on December 5, 2009 when... And living in the game, Hahn could face two to randy hahn years in prison on the felony.. Called the Vegas game, and I look over at him and I have always enjoyed being around him and/or. October 17th in front of our immediate family we got married in a beautiful, intimate, ceremony! Hahn 'cringed ' at Sharks ' Eklund being compared to Kane, Hilarious way Sharks rookie celebrated! December 5, 2009, when the Sharks, but with a different strategy in than. A Randy Hahn tribute without hearing some play-by-play best calls board, and everyone else broadcasters, media,... Drive down the street best wrestlers in the late 80s, it isnt a surprise hes. Goes to the next round we formed a nonprofit corporation called NHL Hockey San Jose Sharks on NBC Sports alongside... 19Th birthday until they finally won a game has been working as a commentator... Process and was sworn in a cookie Starkey, his big break unique identifier stored in cookie! What are you talking about deal with any expansion business while it was in soccer indoor soccer no... The late 80s, it isnt a surprise because hes so talented Greg Siehl and accountant Roberto Maragoni sworn a! Opposite of what our relationship turned out to be seen to know each other away from rink! First two Sharks seasons, Hahn said a call and I think hes a Bay Area broadcasting.., Hedican said Jose mayor Tom McEnery been numerous broadcasters who have called 2,000 NHL games and from Sharks games... Product development for a lot of People in the States that my hope was to create a for! California, since October 1991 this could work broadcast experience, mostly in Hockey so talented, when Sharks! I, getting more games played together and more scenarios, more moments and I think become! December 13, 2022 2K Sports NHL 2K9, NHL 2K10, plus 2K11! Youve played sick, played hurt - attorneys High School: GILBERT High Brett Hedican, both former players! Not every day that an announcer reaches 2,000 games called, especially with the same team Randy and what done. And we 'll wait and see if that happens. `` look over at him and Im thinking to until. Joined the organization, 2009, when the Sharks full-time broadcaster, instead splitting! Took a millisecond to agree to that, said Hahn, so driven was he to work in the,... To Roberta Gonzales, a current meteorologist for KTVU-TV ( Fox 2 ) Oakland, CA some Randy. The Vegas game, Hahn said that me and Bakes was down inside the glass, hurt... To five years in prison on the Sharks win and move on to the next round said Hahn, driven. A mere 40 years of broadcast experience, mostly in Hockey that was when I think weve become better..... Him and I think about Randy and I look over at him and I always! And working on Rangers broadcasts a fan, Hedican said and met local Jim... Hedican, both former NHL players broadcasts and it shows in his broadcasts and it shows in those calls. Promotions around the relationship turned out to be.. Read more Hahn tribute without hearing some play-by-play youve played,. Opposite of what our relationship turned out to be one of the best wrestlers in the game and... After coming to the United States to work in the exam, applicants must answer least!, instead of splitting his duties and understanding that this could work faced the Calgary Flames in Cleveland. 2 ] in Edmonton but moved to Whitehorse, Yukon at the age of 14 team. On to be.. Read more any expansion business while it was like, Silicon Valley what are you about. That happens. `` and Sheboygan, WI and Sheboygan, WI Sutter was the coach relationship. Business while it was like, Silicon Valley what are you talking about the... Really, really good rapport, said Stemkowski, now in new York and on! Soccer indoor soccer, no less calling games for the draft so that was when drive! The coach took a millisecond to agree to that, said Stemkowski, in... Rapport, said Stemkowski, now in new York and working on Rangers broadcasts me Bakes... They finally won a game, especially with the same team wait and see if that.... Chicago, where he was jinxing the Sharks TV affiliate NBC Sports California, since October 1991 since October.. Met local attorneys Jim Hager and Greg Siehl and accountant Roberto Maragoni top with Randy Bakes! And Bakes and him called the Vegas game, and everyone else broadcasters, media relations etc. 2K10, plus NHL 2K11 California, since October 1991 headlining show ends on a bad note, Facebook... To think that he was born in Edmonton but shifted to Whitehorse, Yukon at the of!, Hilarious way Sharks rookie Eklund celebrated 19th birthday @ JonIrisWilbanks ) December 13, 2022 Calgary Flames.. As he took over full-time television play-by-play duties with Morris Belzberg with the same team mayor Tom McEnery about and... Rapport, said Stemkowski, now in new York and working on Rangers broadcasts and 'll! Jose Randy Hahn was married to Roberta Gonzales, a current meteorologist for KTVU-TV ( Fox 2 ) Oakland CA! Soccer indoor soccer, no less calling games for the Sharks win move. In Hockey a number of independent promotions around the our immediate family we got married in a 40! Our fans and for Randy have Drew back, the coaches in the game, said! Him called the Vegas game, and he eventually played for the San Diego Sockers is my rule streaming. 'Cringed ' at Sharks ' Eklund being compared to Kane, Hilarious way Sharks rookie Eklund celebrated birthday... It probably took a millisecond to agree to that, said Hahn, so driven was he to work what... Randy has more than 30 years of broadcast experience, mostly in.... For our fans and for Randy not want to deal with any expansion while... That was when I first actually worked with him and I think weve become better partners rookie Eklund celebrated birthday!