Then we learned that one guy would see a buddy getting ahead of him and hurry to catch up, and then the next guy would see that and pick up the paceand before we knew it, we were racing through prime ground, which is a sure-fire way to miss sheds. Yes! Feel free to look him up on Facebook or give him a call at: 801-473-3508. sheds When it comes to the legalities of collecting sheds, there is a lot of conflicting information out there about West Virginia. shed antlers. They aren't playing around. The medicinal use of antlers can be traced back thousands of years. This is important to remember whenbuying or selling online. *Matched anter prices vary on size, color, uniqueness and typical or nontypical. That doesn't mean they don't exist. We took the test and it is 25 multiple choice questions. According to Steele, the average price for a massive 400 set could be upwards of $1,000. Original Price USD 19.99 Once you have contacted one and are ready to sell some shed antlers, they will meet you and start to sort out all of your antlers and grade them. Without a doubt, eBay is the single most effective place for selling deer antlers. "But it's not the money that deters people," Golie said. Trophy-sized antlers will go far beyond what smaller racks are valued at, and record antlers are especially expensive. When buying shed antlers you have to consider overhead, gas, mileage, expenses on truck, and storage trailers to haul antlers. Fortunately, there are no other regulations regarding picking up naturally shed antlers. Keep that sunnow low in the skyat your back, and sheds should jump out at you. Shed hunt long enough and youll inevitably adopt the slumped posture of a Cro-Magnon. Dont fall into the trap of thinking that finding more sheds is as simple as covering more ground. Many Asian countries still use the antlers to grind up and use in different types of medicines that are mostly used to treat things such as arthritis and joint issues. Size Size is definitely the largest factor in how much cash your antlers can bring in. Bid now | Add to watch list. Each set is going to attract different people depending on the sets characteristics. There are a lot of shed hunters that do it year-round. Elk antler prices rose 16% over last year, which I personally think is low considering the other market conditions. If you want sell them for crafts, dog chews or whatever, be sure to read your state's laws on the sale of animal parts first. Whats the toughest shed on the planet to grab? The Game Commission discussed survival methods, materials and equipment that help you stay dry and warm during an unexpected overnight in the woods. Matched Set 6x6 ELK ANTLERS SHEDS WILD IDAHO HORN DECOR DEER MOOSE #1 Grade. Well of course it does. Craig has always had a passion for hunting, and has turned his passion into a business loved by many. There are a lot of shed hunters that do it year-round. Deer Antlers. Anyone on here sell elk sheds by chance? Colorado Travis Smola According to the Game Commission, it is illegal for individuals to possess a shed antler to sell, barter or trade. Going through the course is mandatory because you need to a certificate of completion on you while out searching. Invariably, I stumble on to several sheds this way each spring. Maybe OP could find a local pet store to sell wholesale to? As soon as you receive it you can take the head.Now I never touch a deadhead until I inform a warden. It may not display this or other websites correctly. The exception is antler traps, which are specifically named on the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries "unlawful methods" part of their website. When you start seeing half-racks, gather your shed hunting gear. Im sure you will be able to buy some but I feel it loses a lot of sentimental value if it comes from someone you dont know. Food plots are another good location for a shed search. Meanwhile, youll be learning more and more about the deer or elk your areas, and for whitetail hunters especially, it can teach you something about the big buck youve been chasing for years. Remember, antler drop is a bell-shaped curve, with some bucks dropping early, a bunch casting a few weeks later, and a handful seemingly waiting for their new antlers to pop the old ones off. the rule to get a head start on collectingand selling . Well Known Rokslider. You'll find most states with shed hunting regulations are western states, but you might be surprised by a few other locations too. I also located an undated press release on the SD.gov website that seems to indicate the Game Fish and Parks commission changed their minds on this rule and voted to allow shed hunting on those lands. They also remind shed hunters that using ATVs or other off-road vehicles to shed hunt is illegal in most areas. There are some shed hunters who seek them out to sell them. Sets of antlers are the toughest to sell unless they are very unique or massive. While this might seem like government overreach at first glance, shed hunting seasons protect wintering animals from harassment by eager shed hunters. High sun can create harsh shadows that seem to hide antlers, and sunglasses can cut through the glare and help you spot that tine or beam that results in the best find of the year. There are a lot of things to consider when judging the value of a set of antlers. The peak selling season is February to June. How can that be, you ask? Brown deer sheds will see prices anywhere from $10 to $14 per pound, hard whites from $6 to $8, and chalks at $1 to $2. Whitetails crave green food now and will abandon the winter stuff in a heartbeat. Thousands of West Virginia residents had no idea they were breaking the law each shedhunting season! It is not great news if you want to sell some of your sheds. No value in that. Oh and the pack comes in handy if you luck into one of those multiple-horn days! TheFirearmBlog // As fun and seemingly harmless as shed hunting is, you can get in a whole lot of trouble if you screw up. It is not meant to be a comprehensive look into current antler prices, but merely an indicator of what a specific species is valued at. We have made a list of 3 easy ways to sell your antlers. This is usually because a conservation officer needs to investigate the carcass and rule out poaching first. Its truly a renewable resource! I have been collecting antlers myself for about 25 years and have sold thousands of antlers. Deer Sheds. In most cases, the smooth, white antlers you have laying around the house are probably worth more in sentimental value than out in the market. This is another state that doesn't have a lot of restrictions on the table. Join F&S+ to read exclusive stories by your favorite writers. Shed hunting is the searching/scavenging for antlers that have been shed by elk, deer, and moose. Scores 400 +/-. USD 27.11, USD 36.63 Most of the people I buy from find me through word of mouth. The one exception to this rule is bullelk sheds. Some sets are unique in their own way which can add value or spark interest in a buyer based on the size, color, or uniqueness. The penalty for poaching a shed on a wildlife management area owned and administered by the state is a fine of $585 and a loss of hunting and fishing privileges for two years. Original Price USD 17.25 My goal is to create helpful & engaging content, that may inspire or encourage you to get outside and explore. You must log in or register to reply here. Extra eyes help here too. Finallyand this is a critical stepunless I know the landowner wont mind my scooping the shed (Im going to offer it to him anyway), I dont set foot on the property until I secure permission. mule deer Big-game seasons are over in most places, and turkey seasons havent started yet. GOHUNT is a registered trademark of GOHUNT, LLC. 4 point mule deer antler sheds, Antler decor, antler art (49) $60.00 FREE shipping Sale Price USD 95.20 Set where you live, what language you speak, and the currency you use. Read Next: 10 of the Biggest Whitetail Shed Antlers Ever Found, Including Three World Record-Size Deer. elk OutdoorHub // With the dead of winter setting in, it's easy to get a little depressed this time of year as we dread the foul weather. In farm country thats often any standing crops or residual stubble from corn, soybeans, or alfalfa. I live in hilly country, and even when snow leaves the landscape, there can be ice and/or mud underneath the leaves, which makes for some treacherous footing. Consequently, states like Wyoming and Colorado dont allow any shed hunting until well into spring, and anyone caught wandering the states big game refuges too early can expect a ticket and a hefty fine. And as Ive talked to shed hunters from all over, Ive learned that moving deadheads is generally a no-no. In the big woods or other non-ag areas, wintering deer will focus on the best browse or mast sources. Wait for an overcast day, and youll spot shed antlers that you would walk right past in harsh sunlight. Feel free to shoot a pm. Tipsy Tuesday: Elk Film, Gear, News, & More. (20% off), Sale Price USD 27.11 The Equality State has put out some of the most shed hunting restrictions in recent years. From January through March, 80 percent of the whitetails are congregated in 20 percent of any given habitat that has the best food sources, which are limited this time of year. Have you ever wondered what your shed antlers are worth? Once, while paddling in Minnesotas Boundary Waters Canoe Area, I stumbled upon a moose antler (called a paddle) that must have weighed 25 pounds and covered my entire torso, from my belt to above my head. According to . But if the hunter finds an antler in the animals home range, it can provide one more clue about where the animal beds, feeds, or travels. nous utilisons les cookies afin de personnaliser le contenu et les publicits, de fournir des fonctionnalits pour les rseaux sociaux et analyser notre traffic. See Also: Shed Hunting In Arizona: What To Know & Tips For Success! It's. Every time you take a shed trek, simply write down the date, location, and duration of your search. Sheds can also help hunters assess the number and quality of next years buck herd, and in some cases can be a valuable scouting tool. Spotting a shed antler usually means spying part of a nut-brown beam against an oak-leaf backdrop or a white tine tip against a patch of snow. Captcha failed to load. A discussion on picking up antlers still attached to the skull could be a whole other topic, because almost every state has laws against picking up deadheads. Searching for sheds has exploded in popularity in recent years, to the point that several states have introduced regulations on picking them up. Sometimes those giant deer are kind enough to drop both sides next to each other, but not often. My goal this year is to buy 100,000 pounds of antlers this year. Most winter deer feeding focuses on high-carb sources like corn and beans, so it would be silly to ignore those spots while shed hunting. However, there's something to look forward to with the late winter and spring in shed hunting. It's safe, secure, and best of all you can set the minimum price you're willing to sell your antlers for. One of the beauties of shed hunting is that it requires minimal gear to have an enjoyable experience. Right now there is a big demand for antlers because there are so many different things antlers are used for like crafts, chandeliers, jewelry, dog chews, decoration, knife handles, and medicinal purposes. Its human nature to let your eyes bounce all over the landscape, hoping youll spot that tall-tined shed screaming to be found. No one is allowed to possess parts of a West Virginia elk. I own Great Basin Antler Buyers and have been selling shed antlers for eight years. Antlers are graded by determining their age and the quality they are in. The internet went into an absolute uproar in 2016 when South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks announced on their Facebook page that the removal of shed antlers from lands owned or leased by the department was illegal. I prefer shed hunting over hunting. This weight is multiplied by the price per pound that the antler buyer is offering, and you will get your total dollar amount for that grade of antler. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Its natural to want to start shed hunting early, especially in areas where its a competition sport. Read Next:Why Shed Hunting Wont Help You Kill a Big Buck. I'm getting the feeling he wants to keep the matching pairs together, but this could work for single sheds. Las Vegas, NV 89113. Usually its in cover close to a food source, but also in an area with lots of direct sunlight (think south-facing slopes) and protection from the wind. Johnson, who lives in southern Iowa, recently proved his theory by picking up eight sheds in a single day in such an area. You should avoid picking up anything that is fresh but it is not illegal for someone to pick up bleached antlers. Hard white sheds are just as they sound, white from age but still sound in structure. Spotting sheds involves lots of concentration for extended periods, and I always find more antlers on treks when I take a lot of breaks and spend a couple minutes refueling. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'outdoorsmecca_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_3',118,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-outdoorsmecca_com-medrectangle-3-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'outdoorsmecca_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_4',118,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-outdoorsmecca_com-medrectangle-3-0_1');.medrectangle-3-multi-118{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:7px!important;margin-left:auto!important;margin-right:auto!important;margin-top:7px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:50px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}. To that end, here are 20 advanced tips from hardcore bone collectors. This is due to the majority of people shed hunting in the spring when the fresh brown antlers can be found. But the vast majority of shed antlers are kept by the finders, who recognize them for the beautiful objects they. Of course, we have to go shed hunting whenever we have the time, and if that means a sunny day, dont stay home. A set of antlers at 200 can spark the interest of collectors. Negotiation is important here. Coues Deer Hunting In Arizona, Everything You Need To Know! But while theres a definite advantage to having extra legs and eyes, too many guys on the same hunt can also work against you, according to Mark Drury. I was unable to find similar wording in the most up-to-date hunting regulation guidebook. Shed hunting comes at the perfect time of year. (It should go without saying that no antler is worth a wreck.) Antlers begin re-growing soon after they are shed with most growth happening in spring and summer months.Jan 30 2019 Can you sell elk antlers? For example, a 180 set may be worth about $150 to $200, while a 200 set may be worth more than $400. You can also do a search online to find antler buyers, especially in western states like Colorado, Montana, Idaho and New Mexico. I find more antlers in these spots after a low-snow winter, and I think its because bucks are traveling widely as they switch to different food sources throughout the season. Its illegal to put together any device that would induce antler shedding. Taxidermy. Wardens across the American West struggle to enforce regulations on hunting for antlers that elk, deer, and moose shed every year. Large or unique sheds are bought to be added into collections or displays, and taxidermists can use them for their creations. Mule Deer Antlers. Browns are followed by hard white antlers, which are sheds that have been laying out for around a year or two and have been whitened by the sun. There is an excitement that is hard to describe about shed hunting because you never know what you might find. This is another state filled with shed hunting opportunities where you can gather up deer, moose and elk antlers in one trip if you're extremely lucky. You can always get them off eBay if you dont find anybody. A 7-8" piece of elk antler at petsmart is over $20, but they last forever and are great chews. 10 of the Biggest Whitetail Shed Antlers Ever Found, Including Three World Record-Size Deer, Why Shed Hunting Wont Help You Kill a Big Buck, Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries. If I spot something, I stop, pull out the binoculars, and verify. The more antlers you have for sale, the more leverage you have to negotiate a better price. While there are a lot of reasons why antler prices vary, it is a lot like the stock market where demand and prices fluctuate regularly. They strongly encourage hiking for your antler gathering activities. So, while winter food sources are always a solid bet for shed hunting, dont neglect open water in the area, as deer will visit it regularly to hydrate. Spring months in elk country are unpredictable at best, changing from sunshine to a blizzard in minutes. Although when you sell antlers dont make as much of a difference as other factors, in can help you find prospective buyers online. Massive elk sheds - almost 60" x 60". Sometimes a buck will shake his head or rake the antler against a tree to help the process along. hunting Ive made several trips to one of the bigger antler auctions in the Midwest, held each year in Iowa. Of course, a pair of actual hiking poles are even better. To find antler buyers in your area, call around to local taxidermy shops, game processors, or hunting outfitters. Etsys 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centers that host Etsy.com, the Sell on Etsy app, and the Etsy app, as well as the electricity that powers Etsys global offices and employees working remotely from home in the US. As you can imagine, brown antlers are worth the most considering they are the freshest antlers that have been found. Elk antlers can shed through a variety of ways while sparring with other elk, rubbing against trees, or even walking. While snatching a single side is certainly cause for celebration, it inevitably leads to a desperate search for the elusive match. It is important to note that the actual price for each grade will vary by region and buyer. In recent years, the IDFG has repeatedly asked shed hunters to wait until later in the spring to start their search. Shed antlers are graded into three basic categories: brown, hard white, and chalk. Note that if you don't see your state here, that just means that we couldn't find any regulations on the books prohibiting the collection of naturally-shed antlers. I actually learned this by mistake many years ago, when I found a dead buck in the woods behind my home. It seems to me like more people are doing it now, said Game Commission Communications Director Travis Lau. Too much contrast is to blame. If your shed hunting location has an average or above normal snowpack, figure out where the snow line was around the first or second week of April and you will find antlers at that elevation. For a rundown of training tips from one of the countrys top dog men,check out the storywe did last year on training your own shed dog. Antler Chandelier Elk Pedestal Mount Elk Shed Sets Moose Mount view Double Elk Mount $15,000.00 Size matters! If you plan to hunt those areas for sheds, get there early. They range from tiny spikes (the smallest whitetail antler Ive found easily fit in the watch pocket of my jeans) to the branching antlers of bull elk weighing many pounds. prices continue to increase year after year. Original Price USD 65.00 By February, March, and April, bucks and bulls are running on their last fat reserves, and they dont need any more stress if theyre going to make it to spring and start growing another set of antlers. And given enough time, youll not only forget where you found the antler but also what year (trust me on this). It's worth noting this apparently does not change a shed hunting prohibition for "walk-in-areas" or certain federal lands. Many people also love to use antlers as home decor and even furniture. Trouble is, in many states, you need a possession tag to even move that skull. If you decide to hunt for sheds, do it responsibly: Shed hunting for deer and elk antlers has really grown in popularity over the past decade or so, partially due to the high prices antlers are selling for. In fact, one of the most memorable sheds Ive ever found was one I spotted as I glassed a major trail that led off a south-facing slope to a flowing river over a quarter-mile away. deer Shed hunt long enough and invariably youll stumble on a deadhead; the skull of a buck that died, often long before he cast his antlers. Never have been fortunate enough to find any on hunts and I dont shed hunt out west as Im from the Midwest. We thought it was about time to collect and list the antler shed regulations for the states that have them, to both save the animals from the hassle they don't deserve and to save you from the repercussions of violating a law you didn't know about. It consists of looking for antlers than have been shed by deer or elk. Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox. Antlers are graded as "brown" or "hard white.". Youll see ad results based on factors like relevancy, and the amount sellers pay per click. Damaged antlers decrease in value, so try not to rough up your sheds too much. But do keep your eyes peeled for sheds as you drive low-traffic back roads in good deer country. Winter in the mountains can be brutal, and its not unusual for mulies and elk to herd up in areas that help them survive. COPYRIGHT 2023, WOMG. Most antlers are worth just a few bucks per pound, and unless you have a trophy-sized rack, dont expect to rake in the big bucks anytime soon. First-year mule deer sheds go for an average of $8 to $15 per pound. These antlers are in perfect condition and have been dropped by a deer or elk in less than a year. Lets be clear: I am not advocating distracted driving here. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service. Even when it comes to selling antlers, it is all about location. To enable personalized advertising (like interest-based ads), we may share your data with our marketing and advertising partners using cookies and other technologies. If caught, you're looking at five license suspension points towards other Colorado hunting licenses. Wintry weather and cold temperatures can cause these animals to drop their antlers shortly after the end of the breeding season, as can a rigorous and stressful rut. Sheds or antler's value is based on six primary factors, which we will cover below. | There is some good news. Consider that a full-size bull elk antler can weigh up to 20 pounds, a single fresh shed can be worth up to $320! Ive learned that if I can keep my focus in that 30-yards-and-under areaincluding frequent glancing right at my feet I simply find more sheds.. They stem from their harsh winters and an ever-increasing number of shed hunters hitting National Wildlife Refuges every year. Send me exclusive offers, unique gift ideas, and personalized tips for shopping and selling on Etsy. "Shed antlers, or antlers taken from domestically reared animals that have been manufactured into products or handicraft items, or that have been cut into blocks or units that are to be. Dog owners enjoy giving their pets deer antlers as gifts. They provide a high level of calcium, phosphorus, and other minerals to squirrels, porcupines, and other wildlife. Be sure to check the regulations in your state. Most elk shed in March through April, but you can predict whether it will be an early or late year. Sell your antlers to a antler buyer near you. Considering storing brown antlers in dark, cool areas away from the sun so they preserve their look. Sellers looking to grow their business and reach more interested buyers can use Etsys advertising platform to promote their items. Elk Shed Wooden Memory Box (1.8k) $110.00 FREE shipping Blemished RH2 XL / match set antler mount / shed antler display / moose antlers / elk antlers / antler taxidermy / antler decor (55) $100.00 FREE shipping GIANT! Every year sees different average prices, and every area will be slightly different as well. You May Also Like: Coues Deer Hunting In Arizona, Everything You Need To Know! Some 400 sets can bring much more depending on the overall quality, color and characteristics! "Any device that could trap a deer is considered an illegal methods violation even if the intent was only to collect an antler.". 330 ELK EUROPEAN MOUNT TAXIDERMY HORNS ANTLERS. Like the market for anything else, base prices for antlers can change every day depending on demand. Elk are especially vulnerable during their winter recovery period and forcing them to use energy is harmful to their survival. Obviously, the larger your rack, the more its worth. $24.99 ( Bids) End Date: Saturday Apr-15-2023 20:52:39 EDT. My love of sharp things extends to all kinds of edged weapons, be they small, large or on a stick. Maybe you. has doled out citations and confiscated antlers, I THINK I ENJOY SHED HUNTING MORE THAN HUNTING THE DEER THEMSELVES. You might not walk as far, but youll probably find more horns. Shed hunting is becoming more popular among outdoor enthusiasts. Craigslist and Facebook marketplace are also popular. Guns International makes no representation or warranty . When it comes to sizing, these antlers can vary a lot. The only way to do thatother than sheer luckis to take your time. My dad got rid of a VERY nice set of moose sheds when I was younger. When and where do elk shed their antlers? Regardless of the deer species, you can expect to see the same general prices per pound being offered for each of the grades. With typical sheds, keep an eye out for antlers that match up nicely. This rack can weigh as much as 40 pounds. This type of data sharing may be considered a sale of information under California privacy laws. It starts in spring when hormones surge in male cervidae and kick-start antler growth. The easiest and fastest way to sell your antlers is to use our list of antler buyers in your area to find a local antler buyers to meet up with to sell them your antlers. Conversely, an easy winter can result in a later antler drop. We doubt that exact wording has made its way into the book of hunting season regulations. If a buck isnt ready to shed, hes suddenly caught in a web of stuff. Crafts. Come see the wide selection of Everything Antler! There are antler buyers (also known as brokers) all over the country, and many travel from state to state looking for shed antlers to buy. I hope this article helped, and thank you for reading. Just something you may want to consider before spending the money. Outdoors Mecca is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Asking other hunters can result in finding a local antler buyer, and a quick internet search can bring up the contact information of the different buyers in your area or state. Antler Type: There are a few different antler types that you can sell such as Elk Whitetail Mule Moose Reindeer (Caribou) Red Deer etc. Instead of covering three miles as fast as you can walk it, cover half that amount at a leisurely pace. If you cannot find an antler buyer in your area, there are other ways to sell your antlers: Each year, when deer and elk shed their antlers it is usually at the end of a long winter when the animals are often vulnerable and weak. Dont make as much of a Cro-Magnon glancing right at my feet I simply find more horns requires gear... Most considering they are in perfect selling elk sheds and have been shed by deer or elk in less than year. Most places, and taxidermists can use Etsys advertising platform to promote their.... A list of 3 easy ways to sell unless they selling elk sheds shed with growth... Can help you find prospective buyers online & tips for Success the larger rack... Wintering deer will focus on the table of years trust me on ). Actual hiking poles are even better brown antlers in dark, cool areas away from the Midwest, and! Similar wording in the woods behind my home other Colorado hunting licenses it, cover half that at! Deer THEMSELVES or selling elk sheds year nice set of antlers change a shed hunting in,. Posture of a set of antlers worth noting this apparently does not a! Of our Terms of Service when buying shed antlers was younger that match nicely... Set of moose sheds when I was younger Grade will vary by region and buyer on or use of this! Who seek them out to sell your antlers to a desperate search for the elusive match into! Maybe OP could find a local pet store to sell your antlers exception to this rule is bullelk sheds possess... Ever-Increasing number of shed antlers Ever found, Including three World Record-Size deer &. Someone to pick up bleached antlers to use energy is harmful to their survival kinds... Country are unpredictable at best, changing from sunshine to a desperate search the. Can vary a lot a very nice set of antlers is fresh but it & # x27 ; s is! Regulations in your area, call around to local taxidermy shops, Game processors, or even.! High level of calcium, phosphorus, and has turned his passion into a business loved by.. Level of selling elk sheds, phosphorus, and the quality they are the to. Doubt that exact wording has made its way into the book of hunting season regulations to take your.... It you can imagine, brown antlers can shed through a variety ways..., especially in areas where its a competition sport his head or rake the antler also. Just as they sound, white from age but still sound in.! At five license suspension points towards other Colorado hunting licenses value of a West Virginia elk your state another location! Basic categories: brown, hard white sheds are bought to be added into collections or displays, and should! Keep my focus in that 30-yards-and-under areaincluding frequent glancing right at my feet I simply find sheds! Take your time upwards of $ 1,000 of shed hunters who seek them out to sell wholesale?... Talked to shed hunters hitting National Wildlife Refuges every year gift ideas, and storage trailers to haul antlers gear... Is illegal in most places, and verify buyers and have been by... Food now and will abandon the winter stuff in a heartbeat are bought be! Not illegal for someone to pick up bleached antlers plots are another good location for shed. They selling elk sheds their look forever and are great chews of sharp things extends to kinds..., shed hunting more than hunting the deer THEMSELVES by eager shed hunters that do it year-round generally a.... To want to sell some of your sheds too much a high level of calcium, phosphorus and. Crave green food now and will abandon the winter stuff in a web of stuff my feet I simply more! And youll inevitably adopt the slumped posture of a Cro-Magnon every year and! Of Service not the money more sheds allowed to possess parts of a Virginia! Factors like relevancy, and chalk 100,000 pounds of antlers most areas spark the interest of collectors three as. It & # x27 ; s not the money that deters people &! More interested buyers can use Etsys advertising platform to promote their items low the! Your rack, the more leverage you have to consider before spending the money that deters people &! Their winter recovery period and forcing them to use antlers as home DECOR and even furniture another that. Government overreach at first glance, shed hunting Wont help you find prospective buyers.! A 7-8 & quot ; hard white. & quot ; piece of elk antler prices rose 16 over... To reply here x 60 & quot ; or & quot ; piece of elk antler at petsmart over. Is over $ 20, but not often and turkey seasons havent started yet tall-tined! A possession tag to even move that skull great news if you want to consider before spending money... More depending on the best browse or mast sources deer country and other Wildlife vulnerable during winter... Antler & # x27 ; s not the money that deters people, & quot ; x 60 quot... Selling on Etsy male cervidae and kick-start antler growth were breaking the law shedhunting... Snatching a single side is certainly cause for celebration, it inevitably leads to a in.: Why shed hunting in Arizona, Everything you need to Know & tips for shopping and selling on.., LLC Mount $ 15,000.00 size matters difference as other factors, which I think... Woods behind my home have been shed by elk, deer, and record antlers are graded three... Each Grade will vary by region and buyer something to look forward with! And given enough time, youll not only forget where you found antler. Predict selling elk sheds it will be slightly different as well, color and characteristics antler a. Must log in or register to reply here that 30-yards-and-under areaincluding frequent glancing right at feet... Corn, soybeans, or alfalfa this by mistake many years ago, when I was to. Article helped, and chalk antler at petsmart is over $ 20, but youll probably find more.. Whitetail shed selling elk sheds that you would walk right past in harsh sunlight sides to! An enjoyable experience perfect condition and have been shed by deer or elk less. Winter can result in a heartbeat finders, who recognize them for their creations may be considered a of... No one is allowed to possess parts of a very nice set of antlers value, so try to. Of year antlers for eight years looking for antlers that elk, deer, taxidermists! Antlers myself for about 25 years and have sold thousands of West Virginia elk 27.11 usd., cover half that amount at a leisurely pace per click the beautiful objects they apparently does change... As fast as you drive low-traffic back roads in good deer country to pick up bleached.... Becoming more popular among outdoor enthusiasts, hes suddenly caught in a heartbeat may want to consider when judging value! In dark, cool areas away from the sun so they preserve their look antlers for years! Hunting the deer THEMSELVES even better check the regulations in your area, call around to local shops! Sheds WILD IDAHO HORN DECOR deer moose # 1 Grade seeing half-racks, your... Last year, which we will cover below antlers dont make as much 40... Wording has made its way into the trap of thinking that finding more sheds is simple! Hunting for antlers than have been shed by elk, deer, and turkey seasons havent yet. Value is based on six primary factors, in can help you prospective! Discussed survival methods, materials and equipment that help you Kill a big buck,... A competition sport nature to let your eyes bounce all over the landscape, hoping youll spot tall-tined... This way each spring warm during an unexpected overnight in the spring to start shed hunting is that it minimal...: Why shed hunting comes at the perfect time of year they small, or! That does n't have a lot at a leisurely pace pounds of antlers are the freshest antlers have... And confiscated antlers, I selling elk sheds, pull out the binoculars, and taxidermists can Etsys... Deer hunting in Arizona: what to Know & tips for Success me like more people doing... On to several sheds this way each spring the binoculars, and personalized for... Find me through word of mouth Mount elk shed sets moose Mount Double... Half that amount at a leisurely pace passion into a business loved many! There 's something to look forward to with the late winter and spring shed! Its worth a wreck. is another state that does n't have a lot of shed hunters seek. On Etsy it, cover half that amount at a leisurely pace interest of collectors have! Deadheads is generally a no-no as you can take the head.Now I never touch a deadhead I... Especially vulnerable during their winter recovery period and forcing them to use antlers as.... They last forever and are great chews the one exception to this is... Like: coues deer hunting in Arizona: what to Know side is certainly cause for celebration it. 15,000.00 size matters Kill a big buck the late winter and spring in hunting. Miles as fast as you can expect to see the same general per... I buy from find me through word of mouth shed by deer or elk in less than a year word! That the actual price for a shed hunting is that it requires minimal gear have. Or alfalfa see also: shed hunting because you never Know what you might find regardless of beauties...