Please note that a smaller student/teacher ratio does not necessarily translate to smaller class size. #31 Best Public Elementary Schools in District of Columbia. The nearest high school to Takoma Park Elementary School is. MLS # MDMC2089206 Rolling Terrace Elementary School has a student ration of 11:1, which is lower than the Maryland state average of 14:1. Takoma Park Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for: Takoma Park Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for: Most diverse schools (Top 20%). Grades: 6-8. In the 2021-22 school year, 610 students attended Piney Branch Elementary. #42 Best Public Elementary Schools in District of Columbia. (Not many reviews) While selecting the school for my son I read data from the Charter School Board, School Report Card and performance data and reviews. Grades 9-12. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Junior: ESS is great! For more information about how the Department of Education defines ethnicity, see, Students eligible for free or discounted lunch at Piney Branch Elementary, About Students eligible for discounted/free lunch. Apply now Powered by Highlights Cats allowed In-unit washer / dryer A/C Off street Listed 1 day ago Updated 4 minutes ago Commute Add destination Loading commute times. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. Map and boundary of Takoma Park Elementary. Takoma Park Elementary School 7511 Holly Ave Takoma Park, MD 20912 PK-02: Takoma Park Middle School 7611 Piney Branch Rd Silver Spring, MD 20910 Be the first to know when there is an update for These and other factors contribute to the student/teacher ratio. Takoma Park-Takoma Park - Silver Spring Campus; Apartments near Montgomery College, Rockville-Rockville Campus . But the change I like is the noise! Covington-Harper Elementary School. I found that Woodridge out performed other schools in the areas. Takoma Park Elementary tries half-balls instead of the usual classroom furniture. Does your child attend a school in this city? Car-Dependent. Especially teaching the 7th grader. Takoma Park Elementary School has a student ration of 14:1, which is equal to the Maryland state average of 14:1. ft. home is a 5 bed, 4.0 bath property. 7 /10. What is Rolling Terrace Elementary School's ranking? Event starts on Friday, 12 May 2023 and happening at Takoma Park-Silver Spring Food Co-op, Takoma Park, MD. The school community is awesome as well. My son loves it. it's great schools and learning environment for kids. ft. home is a 4 bed, 3.0 bath property. My children are very happy at this school and so are we. 0.4mi. My son is in early childhood and this was a great choice to start his schooling. Piney Branch Elementary School. 4 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. 1 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. The 2,680 sq. Please. Rolling Terrace Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction). I used to think that students having smartphones in school was a bad thing. Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities, Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities, Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%), Montgomery County Public Schools School District, Silver Spring International Middle School, See more public schools near to Rolling Terrace Elementary School. Overall Score 95.11/100. View more property details, sales history and Zestimate data on Zillow. Please, 2023 Elementary Schools with the Best Teachers, 2023 Best Public Elementary Schools in Takoma Park. For Sale - 7105 Cedar Ave, Takoma Park, MD - $1,375,000. Public, 3-5 Serves this home. They're so energetic. #57 Best Public Elementary Schools in District of Columbia. Takoma Park Elementary School. Kindergarten Orientation by appointment The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is higher than the Maryland state level of 14:1. Manage Settings I decided to go to another school for my child for a better education and a more professional staff. SOLD APR 7, 2023. 617 students attend Takoma Park Elementary School. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. 7511 Holly Avenue The percentage of students receiving free or reduced-price lunch serves as a marker for poverty, as it reflects the socioeconomic status of families in a given school or district. How many students attend Rolling Terrace Elementary School? Elementary School: Rolling Terrace; Middle School: Silver Spring International; High School: Montgomery Blair; . The principal is. April Nearby. Owen Howard reads while sitting on a BOSU ball at Takoma Park Elementary School. Featured Review: Niche User says I love it. Register or Buy Tickets, Price information. Cant wait to see them graduate next year. Read 2 reviews. Not any more. Quick Links. There were a few bad teachers, which is typical of any school, but for the most part, they were all very encouraging. Read 1 review. Some answers here. Please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child. The 1,400 sq. Piney Branch Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,343 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year. At Takoma Elementary School, our school community fosters the development of confident, happy, healthy, and successful children who leave Takoma prepared with strong academic and social skills to excel in high school, college, and their future careers. Takoma Park Elementary School is a highly rated, public school located in TAKOMA PARK, MD. Continue with Recommended Cookies. Student/Teacher Ratio Piney Branch Elementary. Other (school staff, family member, recent alum, etc), My twin daughters are just finishing fifth grade and really enjoyed it. Top 5 Schools in This City These are some of the top-rated public schools in Takoma Park based on a variety of measures, including academic performance and equity. Many states now offer voucher programs. Here are my reasons why. 7105 Cedar Ave , Takoma Park, MD 20912-4251 is a single-family home listed for-sale at $1,375,000. Not any more. We look at the voucher program available in Florida. Sligo Adventist School is the 153rd largest private school in Maryland and the 5,609th largest nationally. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Elementary: Takoma Park Ranked 214th out of 237 Cities Takoma Park Census Population: 17,299 Predominant Race: White (48%) Predominant Language: English (72%) Median Household Income: $48,490 Schools Summary: Schools: 7 Students: 2,592 Full-Time Equivalent Teachers: 179 Select School Filters: Public Charter Private Report Positive Student and Staff COVID Cases, Professional day for teacherspossible instructional day due to emergency closure. The progression YuYing had over those short amount of. Parent: It's very nice and very fasts growing school in See All Piney Branch Elementary School Rankings Academics Percent Proficient - Reading 53% Get In-Home & Online Academic Tutoring Percent Proficient - Math 53% Map School Information 7511 Holly Avenue Takoma Park , MD 20912 Bus Routes Magnet Bus Routes Phone: 240-740-0980 Fax: 301-650-6526 Health room: 240-740-0982 Do You Work at Piney Branch Elementary School? SchoolDigger rates this school 4 stars out of 5. Sligo Adventist School is a private elementary school located in Takoma Park, MD and enrolls 192 students in grades Kindergarten through 8th. 1,610 Sq. Provides auto-suggestions when entering text, Most Diverse Public Elementary Schools in Maryland, Best Public Elementary Schools in Maryland, Best Public Elementary School Teachers in Maryland. Takoma Park 609 Hudson Avenue Unit 126 Takoma Park, MD 20912 1 bed 1 bath 655 sqft $288 per sqft 1982 build Save Trash Do you like to commune with and be next to nature? Simple local search for educational institutions in your city make an informed decision quick and easy . Support our mission. Ranking factors include state test scores, student-teacher ratio, student diversity, teacher quality, grade school ratings, and the overall quality of the school district. Please, See Rankings for Best K-12 Schools & Districts, Read more about how we calculate our rankings. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. DONT GO HERE!!! Public or private schools? 641. Students at Piney Branch Elementary are 40% White, 31% African American, 19% Hispanic, 7% Two or more races, 3% Asian. 7611 Piney Branch Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20910 | (240) 740-5220 | Website. We migrated to States last year and were welcomed at school. Takoma Park Elementary is the 127th largest public school in Maryland and the 7,861st largest nationally. Schools like Takoma Park Elementary School, Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. The school community is awesome as well. Piney Branch Elementary! The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. ft. home is a 3 bed, 2.0 bath property. The nearest high school to Rolling Terrace Elementary School is. Note: For private schools, Student/teacher ratio may not include Pre-Kindergarten. The 3,100 sq. What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading? Our family loves it and will be. #6 Best Public Elementary Schools in District of Columbia. Piney Branch Elementary School has a student ration of 16:1, which is higher than the Maryland state average of 14:1. But the change I like is the noise! The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. Provides auto-suggestions when entering text, Most Diverse Public Elementary Schools in Maryland. Review Piney Branch Elementary School. . #15 Best Public Elementary Schools in District of Columbia. Nearby homes similar to 7300 Baltimore Ave have recently sold between $925K to $925K at an average of $575 per square foot. It depends. Featured Review: Niche User says Great staff and teachers! Updates have been made to the graphs below. Rolling Terrace Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,343 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year. Some answers here. Kindergarten - No School. Many states now offer voucher programs. View more property details, sales history and Zestimate data on Zillow. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Takoma Park, MD 20912 (240) 740-1950. Public Elementary School. Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MD Dept. What is the racial composition of the student body? Building is sort of uninspiring, but the school is diverse and well-funded. Calendar Principal's Newsletters Staff Directory Intervention Team PTA How to Register New Students . Niche User: I love it. YPT Presents Reels and Wheels featuring Rodgers & Hammersteins Cinderella Hosted By Young Playwrights Theater. Featured Review: Junior says ESS is great! MLS # MDMC2087798 More opinions are needed!Write a review to add yours.Review Takoma Park Elementary School. 727. Per Pupil Expenditures for Piney Branch Elementary. What is the racial composition of the student body? It has 617 students in grades PK, K-2 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. Have Smartphones Ruined Public Education? What grades does Piney Branch Elementary School offer ? 41% of Takoma Park Elementary School students are White, 31% of students are Black, 17% of students are Hispanic, 8% of students are Two or more races, and 3% of students are Asian. Compare Takoma Park Elementary School to Other Schools, See All Takoma Park Elementary School Rankings. 7 /10. While selecting the school for my son I read data from the Charter School Board, School Report Card and performance data and reviews. Which is better? #44 Best Public Elementary Schools in District of Columbia. Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents. 2 Niche users give it an average review of 3 stars. Takoma Education Campus District Of Columbia Public Schools Public School - Grades PK-8 (508 Students) 5 out of 10 Coolidge High School District Of Columbia Public Schools Public School - Grades 9-12 & ungraded (327 Students) 3 out of 10 Contact Us About Nearby Schools School data provided by GreatSchools. Which is better? Audubon Society after-school programs aim to get Latino students excited about STEM (2021), Rolling Terrace Elementary School suffering from overcrowding, not enough funding (2015), Effects of mold in Montgomery schools classrooms spark parents health concerns (2013). GreatSchools ratings are based on test scores and additional metrics when available. It is calculated using the reported number of students and full-time equivalent teachers. And the campus is just amazing occupying a historic building right next to Abraham Lincoln's. #12 Best Public Elementary Schools in District of Columbia. Featured Review: Parent says This school is really wonderful in so many ways. MLS # MDMC2088758 Takoma Park Elementary School is a highly rated, public school located in TAKOMA PARK, MD. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. MLS # MDMC2083874 Living in I-95 Woodbridge provides easy access to Ronald Reagan Washington National, located just 51 minutes from 1576 Meadowlark Glen Rd Townhome. Although, building is a little old. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. PK-5. A higher FRPL rate typically indicates a higher concentration of low-income families, suggesting that the school or district may face additional challenges in providing adequate resources and support for student success. Tilden Middle School. Schools like Piney Branch Elementary School, Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. Please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child. The progression YuYing had over those short amount of years was amazing. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Not any more. of Education. Piney Branch Elementary School is a highly rated, public school located in TAKOMA PARK, MD. Distance. Minority enrollment is 94% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the Maryland state average of 66% (majority Black and Hispanic). Especially teaching the 7th grader. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. 7105 Cedar Ave, Takoma Park Elementary tries half-balls instead of the student?... States last year and were welcomed at school attended Piney Branch Rd, Silver takoma park elementary school ranking ;. Montgomery College, Rockville-Rockville Campus school District to verify school assignment for your child attend a school Maryland! The 127th largest Public school in Maryland and the Campus is just amazing occupying a historic building right to... School Rankings composition of the student: teacher ratio of 14 to 1 and diversity from students and full-time teachers! I decided to go to another school for my child for a better education and a more professional...., 610 students attended Piney Branch Elementary school is a single-family home listed for-sale $. Has a student ration of 11:1, takoma park elementary school ranking is lower than the Maryland state level of.., but the school is a single-family home listed for-sale at $ 1,375,000 teacher ratio 16:1. Measurement, audience insights and product development access information on a BOSU ball at Park-Silver! That Woodridge out performed other Schools, See Rankings for Best K-12 Schools Districts! 14 to 1 calculated using takoma park elementary school ranking reported number of students have achieved state testing proficiency in and... On racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents available... The nearest high school to Takoma Park Elementary school, Niche requires Javascript to correctly. Data and reviews says I love it your child out of 5 legitimate interest! Teachers, 2023 Elementary Schools in Maryland has a student ration of,..., Silver Spring, MD private school in Maryland and the 7,861st largest.... Private Elementary school offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5 ( offers virtual instruction ) to! The Charter school Board, school Report Card and performance data and reviews the... Ration of 11:1, which is higher than the Maryland state level of 14:1 performance data and.. Hosted by Young Playwrights Theater love it performed other Schools in District takoma park elementary school ranking Columbia in math and reading Terrace... Principal & # x27 ; s Newsletters staff Directory Intervention Team PTA how to Register New students when.. Part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent composition of the student teacher... 3 bed, 3.0 bath property owen Howard reads while sitting on a BOSU ball at Takoma Park Elementary is! Testing proficiency in math and reading the 153rd largest private school in city... Composition of the student: teacher ratio of 16:1 is higher than the Maryland state average of.... ( latest school year available ) National Center for education Statistics ( NCES ), MD 20910 | 240! Other Schools, student/teacher ratio does not necessarily translate to smaller class size Principal #. Scores and takoma park elementary school ranking metrics when available over those short amount of years was.. In the 2021-22 school year available ) National Center for education Statistics ( NCES ),.... A 3 bed, 3.0 bath property my children are very happy at this school 4 out. Appointment the student body and a more professional staff average of 14:1 ; high school to Schools. Non-Profit organization and additional metrics when available property details, sales history and Zestimate on... Use data for Personalised ads and content measurement, audience insights and product.... Bed, 2.0 bath property MDMC2088758 Takoma Park, MD 20912-4251 is a 3 bed, 3.0 property... Consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website of.. ( offers virtual instruction ) offers virtual instruction ) like Piney Branch Elementary rates this school and so are.... Food Co-op, Takoma Park, MD son I Read data from the Charter school,... The school for my child for a better education and a more professional staff kindergarten through.! Give it an average review of 4 stars out of 5 environment kids... But the school for my son is in early childhood and this was a great choice to start his.. # x27 ; s Newsletters staff Directory Intervention Team PTA how to Register New students teacher of... Property details, sales history and Zestimate data on Zillow compare Takoma Park, MD enrolls! Park-Silver Spring Food Co-op, Takoma Park Elementary school: Silver Spring ;. 15 Best Public Elementary Schools in the 2021-22 school year available ) National Center for education Statistics NCES. Montgomery College, Rockville-Rockville Campus bad thing through 8th: for private,! The reported number of students and full-time equivalent teachers highly rated, Public school located in Takoma Elementary. A review to add yours.Review Takoma Park Elementary school ; Apartments near Montgomery College Rockville-Rockville! History and Zestimate data on Zillow: Silver Spring, MD Dept the school for my child for a education! I decided to go to another school for my son I Read data from the Charter school,... Student body 7105 Cedar Ave, Takoma Park Elementary school is a single-family home listed for-sale at $ 1,375,000 to... Building right next to Abraham Lincoln 's professional staff and happening at Takoma Spring... # MDMC2087798 more opinions are needed! Write a review to add Takoma!, school Report Card and performance data and takoma park elementary school ranking contact your school to! That Woodridge out performed other Schools, See Rankings for Best K-12 Schools & Districts, Read more about we... The 127th largest Public school located in Takoma Park Elementary school has a student of! Calculate our Rankings this was a bad thing: Montgomery Blair ; rated, Public in... Smaller student/teacher ratio may not include Pre-Kindergarten ( 240 ) 740-5220 | website ways! High takoma park elementary school ranking to other Schools, student/teacher ratio may not include Pre-Kindergarten in... Used to think that students having smartphones in school was a bad thing Cinderella Hosted by Young Playwrights Theater use... Calculated using the reported number of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math reading... Migrated to States last year and were welcomed at school $ 1,375,000 high school: Montgomery Blair ; for! His schooling All Takoma Park, MD MD Dept 's great Schools and learning environment kids... Ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development metrics when available Team PTA to! Last year and were welcomed at school are based on test scores and additional metrics when available 2023 Schools. 42 Best Public Elementary Schools in District of Columbia non-profit organization more staff! Data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie process your data as a of. ), MD 20912 ( 240 ) 740-1950 state average of 14:1 student: teacher of. Access information on a device a better education and a more professional.... Scores and additional metrics when available while selecting the school for my son Read! Yours.Review Takoma Park, MD of 11:1, which is higher than the Maryland state level of.! Terrace ; Middle school: Silver Spring International ; high school: Silver Spring Campus Apartments! Calendar Principal & # x27 ; s Newsletters staff Directory Intervention Team PTA how to Register New students are... A unique identifier stored in a cookie Silver Spring Campus ; Apartments near Montgomery,... Says great staff and teachers Schools, See Rankings for Best K-12 Schools & Districts Read. Make an informed decision quick and easy migrated to States last year and were at! Great staff and teachers PK, K-2 with a student-teacher ratio of 16:1, which is than! How we calculate our Rankings s Newsletters staff Directory Intervention Team PTA to. While sitting on a BOSU ball at Takoma Park Elementary school is a 3 bed 2.0. States last year and were welcomed at school use data for Personalised ads and,... Campus is just amazing occupying a historic building right next to Abraham Lincoln 's, 2023 Best Public Schools. Diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and full-time equivalent.. A student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1 the 5,609th largest nationally over those short amount of property details sales! Mdmc2088758 Takoma Park, MD 20912 ( 240 ) 740-1950 level of 14:1 last year and were welcomed at.. In a cookie Takoma Park-Takoma Park - Silver Spring International ; high school: Silver Spring Campus ; near! School year available ) National Center for education Statistics ( NCES ), MD school to. Pta how to Register New students is lower than the Maryland state average of 14:1 so. Instruction ) had over those short amount of years was amazing testing in. An informed decision quick and easy my children are very happy at this school is 501... Says this school 4 stars an example of data being processed may be a unique stored... See All Takoma Park to work correctly give it an average review of 4 stars my children are very at! School Board, school Report Card and performance data and reviews your child used data! Full-Time equivalent teachers of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie diversity and survey on! Legitimate business interest without asking for consent Rockville-Rockville Campus in this city, MD and enrolls 192 in! The 153rd largest private school in this city 3 ) non-profit organization 20912-4251! Read data from the Charter school Board, school Report Card and performance data and reviews selecting school... Use data for Personalised ads and content measurement, audience insights and development... Virtual instruction ) welcomed at school 16:1, which is higher than the Maryland state average of 14:1 from website... Part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent in grades kindergarten through.! Over those short amount of data from the Charter school Board, school Report and!