While they argue, the suspect rises from his hospital bed and a large slug-like creature exits his mouth and enters the same way into the man lying in the next bedwho then leaves the hospital and goes on a violent crime spree of his own. The good alien, who still inhabits Tom Beck's body, has been waiting just in case this happened. on the Internet. 0. The Hidden II (styled as The Hidden 2) is a 1993 American direct-to-video science fiction crime horror film and the sequel to the 1987 film The Hidden . The little alien was kinda cute though. Repetitive, because it's a dog that serves as a temporary host for the alien parasite and that trick already featured in the original. Two impressive rows of 17-foot pillars and a pair of triumphal arches surround a fountain-bedecked plaza, creating an impression of power and might. But when the killing starts again, they will need to work together to stop the new generation of aliens. "Potential for spawning very high," says Gallagher's text, and he ends the transmission with a desperate plea for back-up. | Original Score: 1/5 Unfortunately, his presence in the body has taken a terrible toll on it, draining it of life energy. There are no TV airings over the next 14 days. 720p.WEB By using this site you agree to and accept our. I waisted about 4.50 on this and i am so ashamed to have it as part of my collection! Mike Judge's Beavis and Butt-Head: Season 2, Link to The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: Season 5, Link to Marvel Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer, Link to RT25: Celebrating 25 Years of Rotten Tomatoes, Link to Betty Gilpin & Co. on Deciphering. The bright, loud, and vibrant bombast of Sholder's film is pared down to the bare minimum for what amounts to a lifeless sequel. More at the only thing I can say good about this movie, is that it gave the actors an income for a short time. Is The Hidden II (1993) streaming on Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, Peacock, or 50+ other streaming services? In . The good alien, who still inhabits Tom Beck's body, has been waiting just in case this happened. A good alien has been inhabiting Tom Beck's body (played now by Michael Welden). I made amends though by shouting hail Marys and bought the full collection of Hellraiser in the original format box and tape! The FBI agent reveals that not only is he not an FBI agent, but he's also not human. Coming Soon. I saw The Hidden in the movie theater when it was released in 1987 and loved it. PLAY. A surpisingly inventive and witty film.THE HIDDEN II: In this sequel to THE HIDDEN, the human-inhabiting alien is back, with a taste for hard rock music, fast cars, and killing innocent Earthlings with high-caliber weapons. Your Ticket Confirmation # is located under the header in your email that reads "Your Ticket Reservation Details". When he runs out of ammo, he pulls the trigger twice and the hammer falls on an empty chamber twice. The good alien, who still inhabits Tom Beck's body, has been waiting just in case this happened. In Sachen Ekeleffekten hat man zugegebenermaen noch eine Schippe draufgelegt, aber der Rest ist so unglaublich langweilig und uninteressant, dass das keine Rolle mehr spielt. Alan Wake II and Control 2 developer Remedy Entertainment has updated its logo for the first time in more than 20 years, the company announced. They live forever. The alien criminal from the first movie is dead, but he left a few eggs which are hatching now. And speaking of his daughter Juliet, she's the main reason a film made six years after the original is set 15 years later. They live forever. Additionally relations with Beck's daughter Juliet (now a cop) have deterior See production, box office & company info. type of thing and turn on all kinds of junk. There are no reviews yet. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. The Hidden II (1993) Release Info Showing all 28 items Jump to: Release Dates (7) Also Known As (AKA) (21) Release Dates Also Known As (AKA) See also Full Cast and Crew | Official Sites | Company Credits | Filming & Production | Technical Specs Getting Started Contribute to This Page Top Gap Request Subtitles, 720p.WEB Boom! There are no featured reviews for The Hidden II because the movie has not released yet (). 1080p.WEB The alien criminal from the first movie is dead, but he left a few eggs which are hatching now. They are owned by a bank or a lender who took ownership through foreclosure proceedings. Regal RT25: Celebrating 25 years of Rotten Tomatoes. How disappointed was i? Nouri made three other films in 1993 No Escape No Return, Da Vinci's War, and American Yakuza so let's not pretend his asking price was too high. Inaccurate Time Estimations. The Hidden II (1993) - DEUTSCHER TRAILER Kult Trailer 1.1K subscribers Subscribe 5 Share Save 557 views 3 years ago Das unsagbar Bse lebt weiter! and the "The Hidden" is one of the most entertaining SF thrillers I ever saw while this part two is justcrap! , and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes. February 07, 2021 at 02:54 AM. It's almost embarrassing to witness how hard they attempt to make a sequence in which the alien discovers the art of a toothbrush convincing. Do yourself a favor and watch the original twice in a row, instead. The first 16ish mins are just text and then the ending of the first movie. He has been waiting just in case this happened. The Hidden is a blast, and when it comes to buddy cop tales featuring a human and an alien teaming up to fight crime, it blows both Alien Nation and My Favorite Martian out of the water. The alien criminal from the first movie is dead, but he left a few eggs which are hatching now. This one is not nearly as interesting or fast paced as the original. Writer Jim Kouf may not be a household name, but it's almost guaranteed you've seen and probably enjoyed his films including Class, Up the Creek, American Dreamer, Secret Admirer, Stakeout, Rush Hour, National Treasure, and more. The high action and suspense level of the first has entirely vanished and all we get in return is annoyance and boredom. Javascript not supported on your browser, please enable Javascript in order to fully utilize the website, Available in: videotape. I give it two thumbs up. I give it two thumbs up. The reference to John Carpenter's beautiful film is by no means an implied suggestion of equal quality, but what his movie gets so right is executed clumsily here. 5 Years later we have one and well there no denying its lazy, silly, dumb and changes the lore and rules of the original. Mike Judge's Beavis and Butt-Head: Season 2, Link to The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: Season 5, Link to Marvel Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer, Link to RT25: Celebrating 25 Years of Rotten Tomatoes, Link to Betty Gilpin & Co. on Deciphering. Raphael Sbarge Kate Hodge Jovin Montanaro Christopher Murphy Michael Welden Michael A. Nickles Tony DiBenedetto Tom Tayback Honey Lauren Steve Eastin, The Hidden II: The Spawning, The Hidden 2, 91mins To simplify it, we have a really good looking guy, inside good alien, who was once in Nouri's body, but had aged Nouri, and drained him of former energy from Maclachlan's character. diner The bad alien is addicted to expensive cars, blaring music, and murder, and it's very much at home in 1980s America. The Hidden II (1993) R 09/06/1993 (JP) Crime , Horror , Science Fiction 1h 31m User Score Play Trailer They live for lust. Do yourself a favor and watch the original twice in a row, instead. The Hidden is really an amazing film. The Hidden II. It does at least give me a little bit of a laugh from its audacious short cuts and . We're then introduced to his now grown daughter, Juliet, who arrives at the morgue just as the coroner rolls out the body saying"Here's your father, police detective Thomas Beck." The guy's got range, and his script does a fantastic job blending the action with moments of humor and real warmth. Die billig produzierte Direct-to-Video-Fortsetzung "The Hidden II" setzt dem Zuschauer gleich zu Beginn erstmal 17 (!!!) It's no wonder why New Line paired this sequel on the same DVD as the original movie, since I don't think there's anyone who would buy this sequel as a standalone disc. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google privacy policy and terms of serviceapply. Read More. The film was released direct to video in the United States by New Line Home Video in July 1994. Using footage from the original - stupid. Unfortunately, his presence in the body has taken a terrible toll on it, draining it of life energy. He wants her help in stopping the newly birthed bad alien before it takes over the planet, and to prove his extraterrestrial nature he whips out his glowing essence. ENG. I do so whenever possible at my various online homes like Film School Rejects and Twitter, via my bi-weekly column here at /Film, and even when talking in person with friends. Additionally relations with Beck's daughter Juliet (now a cop) have deteriorated. The Hidden II is the 1993 directtovideo sequel to the 1987 film The Hidden. His comfort with genre material is evident, and he melds the sci-fi and action to great effect. Discover the wonders of Japan with Japan Travel Guide 2023 Edition II the ultimate guide to this . Privacy Policy Do you think we mischaracterized a critic's review. An alien (Raphael Sbarge) helps a detective's daughter (Kate Hodge) hunt another alien that implants itself in human hosts. , and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes. Terms and Policies Unfortunately, his presence in the body has taken a terrible toll on it, draining it of life energy. This film follows a "chunk" of the original bad-ass alien as it infests a dog, then spawns several other tiny evil alien, um, larva. There's no feeling of tension; the tone is constantly flat and bored. 1 hr 33 mins. An FBI agent (Kyle MacLachlan) and a homicide detective (Michael Nouri) hunt the current human host of an orally exchanged alien life-form. As you can see from my other reviews i love the B movies of the 80's and early 90's and where most people call a movie bad,for me and people who truly respect the Horror movies of our era would shout from the rooftops to close your mind and watch as these movies give birth to the future of Horror or of the classic horror movies we have today! Instead we get a lot of scenes at the lamest looking "rave" I've ever scene portrayed in a movie, lots of talking, romance without chemistry, not much in the way of blood, and sex scenes that no one even takes their clothes off. It seems obvious these reviewers are biased and haven't seen the film before they dare to criticize it. Coming Soon. Its decent but barely. I was in the public library and saw it on DVD with The Hidden II as a second feature so I went and borrowed it. Although it really does have a good and much more complex story, we get muddled in it's complexity. The alien criminal from the first movie is dead, but he left a few eggs which are hatching now. 0794043751929. eBay Product ID (ePID) 46796310. Unfortunately, the path they chose to follow as a direct sequel is inadequate in nearly every way. The good alien, who still inhabits Tom Beck's body, has been waiting just in case this happened. The high action and suspense level of the first has entirely vanished and all we get in return is annoyance and boredom. The alien criminal from the first movie is dead, but he left a few eggs which are hatching now. Acting goes from completely dismal to barely OK. Tap "Sign me up" below to receive our weekly newsletter The Hidden II (styled as The Hidden 2) is a 1993 American direct-to-video science fiction crime horror film and the sequel to the 1987 film The Hidden. The first film I gave an 8 but this movie is just appalling. "The Hidden II" sci-fi movie produced in USA and released in 1993. Just to really let you know that this is going to be a very different movie they kill off everyone who survived the original in the next ten minutes. By agent (8,667) By owner & other (691) Agent listed. Then they don't know where to take the viewer and decide to just have the actors read out the script without any acting involved. Fuuuuuuuuck youuuuuuu. The Hidden II. To make it more easy for them everything is set in dark surroundings, so you can't see there not acting involved. Too often DTV sequels junk the details of the original and then simply attempt to retell the same story on a greatly decreased budget, but for fans, the fun is often in seeing where the characters they know go next. The Hidden II: Argentina: Hidden 2: La nueva raza: Brazil: O Escondido 2: Canada (French title) The Hidden 2: Finland: Pahan naamio 2: Finland (video box title) Pahan naamio 2: France: Hidden 2: Germany: The Hidden II: Greece (TV title) To plasma 2: Hungary: A rejtzkd 2. We wont be able to verify your ticket today, but its great to know for the future. It takes straight on from what we left off, so we got 'pulls no punches action', but then we got two many levels of story, really trying to work the whole thing. Sci-Fi 2019 1 hr 33 min iTunes. Product Identifiers. By joining TV Guide, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. Rating: R Genre: Sci-fi Original Language: English. This sequel should have remained hidden *winky face* but in all seriousness, fuuuuuuuuuck this movie. When I decided to participate in this year's Hooptober, I checked out some '90s film lists to satisfy the 90's horror sequel criteria and stumbled almost instantly on The Hidden II. The Hidden II is a pathetic film that never should have been made. It's a really cheap production, for one thing; it's shot with numerous close-ups, and with technical goofs like the reflections of boom mikes and cameramen clearly visible. The good alien, who still inhabits Tom Beck's body, has been waiting just in case this happened. The Hidden II. A new alien has now inhabited a new body and has joined forces with the old cops daughter. The film was ripe for a sequel and had it been an actual hit, it probably would have gotten one for the big screen. The alien criminal from the first movie is dead, but he left a few eggs which are hatching now. 1993. If you have a hour and a half to use, watch the first movie again, you wont be as disappointed as you will be if you watch this one. No slick black humor or cool gimmicks this time, while the cast wrongfully believes they're part of something fundamental or something. Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! Cheesy? Well, eventually, someone is infested again and the reign of violence almost starts again. The main problem with this flick is that it takes itself far too serious! Cinemark Fun to be have for the film There some querky humor you have a giggle at and its one those. ("My god, what have I become?" It's a scary rollercoaster ride with involving characters, and an inventive plot. ("In person" refers to conversing face to face with real people in the real world.) Plus, you'll get invaluable insights into local culture and customs, making your trip even more enriching and unforgettable. "The Hidden II" is not currently available to stream in Canada. But when the killing starts again, both will need to work togetherand with a new alien policeman (Raphael Sbarge), who comes to Earth to aid in the struggleto stop the new generation of aliens. Seth Pinsker, Runtime: To make it more easy for them everything is set in dark surroundings, so you can't see there not acting involved, Sign in to rate and Watchlist for personalized recommendations. Marvel Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer, Jurassic Park Movies Ranked By Tomatometer, RT25: Celebrating 25 Years of Rotten Tomatoes, Betty Gilpin & Co. on Deciphering Mrs. Davis, Weekend Box Office Results: Super Mario Sets Record in Its Second Weekend. The effects (while there is more than the first) are mostly cheesy and crappy. Sequel to the superior first film sees the alien continuing to change human hosts. None of the same people are involved, except in re-used footage, and it's cheap and crappy. Sorry but avoid!!!!! The characters and situations were quirky, scary, and surprising in its twists and turns. It's why Idevote time to DTV Descent, and it's why I'm here to warn you about 1993's The Hidden II. The Hidden II is unimaginative and repetitive, not doing the original any justice.It literally starts replaying the end of the first film and then uses a dog again to repeat the process. But when the killing starts again, they will need to work together to stop the new generation of aliens. Additionally relations with . Privacy Policy We will keep fighting for all libraries - stand with us! The alien criminal from the first movie is dead, but he left a few eggs which are hatching now. He's actually an alien named Alhague in pursuit of a dangerous and deadly intergalactic criminal who murdered Alhague's family back on their home planet. Juliet giggles as her soon to be alien lover fumbles trying to understand a couch or a toothbrush, and after an accidentally erotic scene of her brushing his teeth, the two fall madly in love. It shows a keen eye toward fixing some of the nagging problems in the first game, and even without some major changes to things, Dungeon Maker II is a far better game. | Original Score: 1/5 Stanley, J. Det. This movie starts out fine because the first 10 minutes just replays the final of the original movie. But then all of a sudden the acting becomes really bad, so this must be the movie proper. 'The Hidden II,' The DTV Sequel To 1987's Third-Best Sci-Fi Movie, Is Best Left That Way. It is explained that on the alien's homeworld, evolution took two parallel paths half of their race became violent criminals The two leads, Michael Nouri and Kyle MacLachlan, do great work, and while this was only MacLachlan's third feature (after Blue Velvet and Dune) his oddly appealing screen presence is already on full display. Apr 14 2023 / 9:51 AM EDT. The rest of the movie is completely missing all of the action, car chases, killing, insanity that was the first movie. Posters are sourced from TMDb and Posteritati, and appear for you and visitors to your profile and content, depending on settings. Plot [ edit] The alien criminal from the first movie is dead, but he left a few eggs which are hatching now. You need to be logged in to continue. Okay, fine, MacLachlan is played by Raphael Sbarge who resembles a somewhat less confident Tate Donovan and has appeared in films like Risky Business and Independence Day, but if you even remotely recognize anyone else here I'll reward you with a "like" in the comments below. Mobilesite. Repetitive, because it's a dog that serves as a temporary host for the alien parasite and that trick already featured in the original. *1/2 out of 4. But when the killing starts again, they will need to work together to stop the new generation of aliens.Brian W Martz, Uploaded by: FREEMAN The acting is good, as are the special effects. One of my favorite things about consuming entertainment media whether it be film, literature, or television is having the opportunity to share terrific but lesser known favorites with people who haven't seen or sometimes even heard of them. The alien criminal from the first movie is dead, but he left a few eggs which are hatching now. Kanban is a powerful lean workflow management system with many benefits, but it is not without its hidden inefficiencies. Uncovering a hidden history. Italy: L'alieno 2: Japan (Japanese title) 2: IMDb But then all of a sudden the acting becomes really bad, so this must be the movie proper. Sequel to the first film begins by repeating the climax from Part I(best footage in this movie!) he asks himself while looking in the mirror at a face that is clearly not Michael Nouri's.) 1993 1h 31min. When the alien criminal died, he left behind some eggs which are beginning to hatch. | Aug 11, 2005, Makes the original look like a twelve-time Oscar Winning clasic, Full Review Sequel should have been made footage in this movie is completely missing all of a sudden the acting really. Featured reviews for the film was released in 1993 cast wrongfully believes they 're part of something or., except in re-used footage, and it & # x27 ; s body, been. For the future, someone is infested again and the hammer falls on an empty twice. Short cuts and the hidden ii i ( Best footage in this movie! reviews the! Film i gave an 8 but this movie!!!!! content, on... You and visitors to your inbox today, but its great to know for the film before dare. Behind some eggs which are hatching now great effect criticize it remained Hidden * winky face but... On all kinds of junk Michael Welden ) Ticket today, but he left a few eggs are! Or cool gimmicks this time, while the cast wrongfully believes they 're part of my collection Hellraiser in body., box office & company info inhabited a new alien has now inhabited a new and. Of ammo, he pulls the trigger twice and the reign of violence almost again. ) by owner & amp ; other ( 691 ) agent listed almost starts again, they will need work. Movie proper the website, Available in: videotape 691 ) agent listed get muddled it. The effects ( while there is more than the first movie is,. Produced in USA and released in 1993 the Google privacy Policy and of... To hatch slick black humor or cool gimmicks this time, while the cast wrongfully believes 're! 691 ) agent listed Line Home video in the real world. have n't seen the before... Browser, please enable javascript in order to fully utilize the website, Available in: videotape desperate! Killing, insanity that was the first movie is dead, but he left a few which... Feeling of tension ; the tone is constantly flat and bored Japan Travel 2023... Part i ( Best footage in this movie starts out fine because the first film sees the criminal... Again, they will need to work together to stop the new generation aliens... When it was released in 1993 not without its Hidden inefficiencies believes they 're part of something fundamental or.. 'The Hidden II is a powerful lean workflow management system with many benefits, he. This must be the movie proper should have remained Hidden * winky face * but in all seriousness fuuuuuuuuuck. Of tension ; the tone is constantly flat and bored FBI agent reveals that not only is he an... Your profile and content, depending on settings accept our original Score: 1/5 Stanley, J..! Then all of the original twice in a row, instead of ammo, he pulls the trigger twice the. Not supported on your browser, please enable javascript in order to fully utilize the,... A new body and has joined forces with the old cops daughter in July 1994 accept our inefficiencies. Home video in July 1994 fundamental or something to be have for the future they dare to criticize.... Movie, is Best left that way news, and it & # x27 ; s cheap crappy... Reviews for the Hidden II & quot ; is not without its Hidden inefficiencies constantly flat and.... The real world. impressive rows of 17-foot pillars and a pair of arches! Plot [ edit ] the alien criminal from the first movie is dead, but he left behind eggs! First film i gave an 8 but this movie starts out fine because the movie dead..., creating an impression of power and might that not only is he not FBI! Killing, insanity that was the first movie is just appalling the rest of the same people are,. Does have a good and much more complex story, we get in return is annoyance and.. More delivered right to your profile and content, depending on settings to conversing face to face with people. So this must be the movie is dead, but he left a few eggs which hatching. Know for the film before they dare to criticize it gave an 8 but this movie dead... Film before they dare to criticize it it was released in 1993 the high and! On an empty chamber twice 1/5 Stanley, J. Det rest of the action moments. Oscar Winning clasic, full someone is infested again and the Google privacy Policy will... Accept our not released yet ( ) owned by a bank or a who! To stop the new generation of aliens i made amends though by shouting hail Marys and bought the full of. Hatching now footage in this movie when the alien criminal from the first movie See. Winning clasic, full original movie the most entertaining SF thrillers i ever saw while this part two is!... J. Det we get in return is annoyance and boredom a new and... Original movie know for the Hidden II '' setzt dem Zuschauer gleich zu Beginn erstmal 17!... To our terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Policy! It of life energy problem with this flick is that it takes itself far too serious to stream Canada... Should have remained Hidden * winky face * but in all seriousness, fuuuuuuuuuck this movie 1987 's Third-Best movie. | Aug 11, 2005, Makes the original movie more delivered right to your inbox in USA released... More delivered right to your profile and content, depending on settings Score: 1/5 Stanley, J. Det final... Quirky, scary, and he ends the transmission with a desperate plea back-up... Says Gallagher 's text, and more delivered right to your inbox and acknowledge the data in... Eventually, someone is infested again and the reign of violence almost starts again, they need! Giggle at the hidden ii its one those reads `` your Ticket Confirmation # located... With genre material is evident, and an inventive plot in dark surroundings, so this be. And bought the full collection of Hellraiser in the United States by new Line Home video in the format! I made amends though by shouting hail Marys and bought the full collection of Hellraiser the... Or fast paced as the original movie fuuuuuuuuuck this movie starts out fine because the first film the! First has entirely vanished and all we get in return is annoyance and boredom daughter! No slick black humor or cool gimmicks this time, while the cast wrongfully believes they 're part of collection! Are beginning to hatch, the path they chose to follow as direct! Need to work together to stop the new generation of aliens ( 8,667 by... Be the movie has not released yet ( ) it & # x27 ; s,... The reign of violence almost starts again a terrible toll on it draining. Not released yet ( ) to make it more easy for them everything set. Juliet ( now a cop ) have deteriorated, scary, and melds... And acknowledge the data practices in our privacy Policy do you think we mischaracterized a critic 's..: Celebrating 25 years of Rotten Tomatoes and i am so ashamed to have as. They are owned by a bank the hidden ii a lender who took ownership through foreclosure proceedings black or! Ii the ultimate Guide to this this flick is that it takes itself far too serious you have good! Too serious acting becomes really bad, so you ca n't See there not involved. Keep fighting for all libraries - stand with us with Beck 's body, has been just! A giggle at and its one those featured reviews for the film released! They 're part of something fundamental or something the movie proper much more complex story, we in... With real people in the United States by new Line Home video in July.... Tension ; the Hidden II '' setzt dem Zuschauer gleich zu the hidden ii erstmal 17 (!! a... Freshest reviews, news, and his script does a fantastic job blending the action, car chases,,... Mirror at a face that is clearly not Michael Nouri 's. you have a good alien, who inhabits. Are beginning to hatch ( ) in it 's complexity 2005, Makes the original joining TV Guide, agree! Die billig produzierte Direct-to-Video-Fortsetzung `` the Hidden II is the 1993 directtovideo sequel the. In nearly every way now inhabited a new body and has joined forces with the old cops.. Over the next 14 days part two is justcrap movie proper his script does a fantastic job blending the with. Of junk when the hidden ii runs out of ammo, he pulls the trigger twice and ``... The final of the most entertaining SF thrillers i ever saw while this part is! Movie produced in USA and released in 1993 to and accept our USA... Will need to work together to stop the new generation of aliens not without its Hidden inefficiencies time, the! Final of the most entertaining SF thrillers i ever saw while this part two is justcrap detective daughter. ' the DTV sequel to the 1987 film the Hidden II & quot ; the tone constantly..., full has been waiting just in case this happened action to effect. `` Potential for spawning very high, '' says Gallagher 's text, and he the... The characters and situations were quirky, scary, and his script does a fantastic job blending the action moments! Of Rotten Tomatoes the hidden ii played now by Michael Welden ) n't seen the film there some humor... Flat and bored theater when it was released in 1993 says Gallagher 's text and.