*Section 105c schools of choice programs provide students with the option to enroll in a school district that is within another intermediate school district but shares a boundary line with their intermediate school district. Update Registration for Current Students. Enrollment . I teach the Cultural Identity Groups Seminar course the Boston resident students and co-teach an elective on Race Relations to seniors. Medication Authorization Form We can't coast we need a bold leader who will push the envelope. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you and your student. As of the 2014-2015 school year, there are 850 students, under its designed operating capacity of 950. "Were going to hit the ground running," Mizoguchi said. The Intra-County School of Choice for the 2023-2024 school year window will open on April 24, 2023, for kindergarten through 12th grade students who do not reside within the Wayne-Westland Community Schools boundaries pursuant to Section 105c of the State Aid Act.*. Please visit our Programspage to learn more. "Im concerned about students and teachers being able to build a connection when starting off the year remote.". Immunization Checklist I am the English Department chair and the co-adviser to WSPN. U.S. Its principal is Mrs. Allyson Mizoguchi. Principal : Allyson L Mizoguchi : Print. The district advertised the job. Schools of Choice Previously, I worked at Lincoln. Student / Teacher Ratio (2021) 11.2 to 1. Lincoln-Sudbury has been searching for a superintendent-principal after the resignation of longtime principal Bella Wong, who first became a teacher at Lincoln-Sudbury two decades ago. If you need access to a computer you can visit the school your child will attend in the fall, or visit theWayne-Westland Community Schools Educational Complex, 36745 Marquette Street, Westland, MI 48185, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Kindergarten Age Requirements - students must be 5 years old by September 1, 2023. Wayland High School Principal Allyson Mizoguchi is a finalist to take over as superintendent of Lincoln-Sudbury High School. No appointment is needed. Voter Registration Cards do not count as business mail. I am currently the Wellness Director for the district while still teaching classes at Wayland, I am entering my second year as Department. Try a class and feel the difference. Scott Mastenbrook I am currently the Wellness Director for the district while still teaching classes at Wayland High School. Grades Served . Required fields are marked *. The Intra-County School of Choice (Non-Resident Families) enrollment window will open in late April 2023. Allyson Mizoguchi Principal . The Bonds represent the third and final series of bonds pursuant to . The Bonds represent the third and final series of bonds pursuant to such voter authorization. "We are looking forward to seeing students, to interacting with families, to kind of metaphorically or figuratively reopening up our doors. To register your child for school, you must provide the following: Examples of Business Mail for applicants with a Residency Affidavit. High school students transferring from another high school will need to bring a withdrawal form from the previous school as well as an unofficial transcript. Principal Allyson Mizoguchi said in a letter to parents that the school needed to work toward becoming a "fully inclusive" community. Prior to coming to Wayland, I was a library media paraprofessional for three years at Natick High School. Arts Wayland Presents: The Aryaloka String Quartet. 410 Central Ave. N. New Prague, MN 56071 phone: 952-758-1700 fax: 952-758-1799 info@isd721.org She began her career at WHS working in the English department for six years, then taught at Brookline High School for a year, returned to WHS as Vice Principal for six years, took a two year leave, and she returned to WHS as Assistant Principal starting in the 2011-2012 school year. Your email address will not be published. Close Share options for Dear Parent/Guardian: Share The Wayne-Westland Wrap Up - March 16, 2023 on Facebook, Share The Wayne-Westland Wrap Up - March 16, 2023 on Twitter, Share The Wayne-Westland Wrap Up - March 16, 2023 via Email, Close Share options for The Wayne-Westland Wrap Up - March 16, 2023, Share FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE : Wayne-Westland Community Schools 2023 School Building And Site Bonds on Facebook, Share FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE : Wayne-Westland Community Schools 2023 School Building And Site Bonds on Twitter, Share FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE : Wayne-Westland Community Schools 2023 School Building And Site Bonds via Email, Close Share options for FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE : Wayne-Westland Community Schools 2023 School Building And Site Bonds, Report Card Marking Period Ends (Middle and High Schools), Adams Middle School, 33475 Palmer Road, Westland, MI 48186, Special Needs Community Outreach: Inclusive Summer Camps and Recreation, Dyer Center, 36745 Marquette, Westland 48185, Unified Athletics Special Olympics External, Special Needs Community Outreach: Transition Services to Adulthood, Dyer Center 36745 Marquette, Westland 48185 or virtually at the link in the description. News Brief: Art exhibition and orchestra concert, Pallavi Nagesha: Spreading Indian culture through Bharatanatyam, Wayland teacher rep, School Committee member offer contrasting statements, Grace Stephenson: We want to make a good costume. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. She stayed on until 2002, when she moved. WAYLAND Wayland High School Principal Allyson Mizoguchi told the School Committee last week that administrators hope toreceive regular feedback from parents and form a student advisory group to assess how the school year is progressing. Mizoguchi is expecting Wayland High to be able to offer a full range of courses. Wayland High School is a public high school in Wayland, Massachusetts. I have been the Science Department Chair since 2011, I am entering my 25th year in the Wayland public schools as a teacher/administrator where I have taught at every level during my career. The Wayland School Committee might hire outgoing Weston Superintendent Midge Connolly to take over for Graham as acting superintendent. Student Race and Ethnicity: Every single one of our high-energy fitness classes is unique. This is my second year working with 9th and 10th grade students. Whether tutoring or test prep, weve got you covered. Wayland High School Scholarship; Wayland Student Press (WSPN) For Staff. You will experience total-body definition, flexibility and metabolism-boosting endurance that lasts long after class. Ready to unlock your potential? Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment, cover our annual website hosting costs and sponsor admission and traveling costs for the annual JEA journalism convention. After teaching English, I was Assistant Principal for nine years and am now in my sixth year as Principal. I am entering my 26th year as a special education teacher, my 7th at Wayland High School as Special Education Department Chair. Prior to Wayland, I taught preschool and elementary general music on the South Coast, played violin in the New Bedford Symphony and Plymouth Philharmonic, and taught private violin lessons. We dont spam you, and you can unsubscribe at any time. Find more WSPN content on Instagram @wspn, Take an PSAT or PACT through Revolution Prep and support WSPN, WSPN wins 2023 First Amendment Press Freedom Award, Download the Student News Source mobile app for website updates, School Committee selects David Fleishman as interim superintendent, Breaking News: Wayland announces finalists for interim assistant superintendent, WCPA presents Waylands annual spring egg hunt, ICYMI: Week of April 3 effort to bring back period products to WHS, Alex Shifflers figure skating and womens basketball in March Madness, ICYMI: Week of March 27 course selections, Wayland Free Public Librarys 175th birthday and Water Warriors, ICYMI: Week of March 20 Wayland METCO program, Patrick Tutwiler and spring sports preview, ICYMI: Week of March 13 FY24 budget, future of affirmative action and March Madness, ICYMI: Week of March 6 chess at WHS, senior show rehearsals and electives for next year, Weekly Breakdown Episode 66: Wayland Holiday Stroll and midpoint of quarter two, Weekly Breakdown Episode 65: The Seal of Biliteracy and toy drive, Weekly Breakdown Episode 64: Super Wednesday and SADD annual Dodgeball Tournament, Weekly Breakdown Episode 63: Fall play and November art exhibit, Weekly Breakdown Episode 62: End of quarter one and Masquerade Concert, Wayland community members celebrate the life of Mike OConnor, Happy 175th birthday to the Wayland Free Public Library, The 2022-2023 Celtics: Highs, lows and future of the season, Mikaela Shiffrin claims her title as queen of the snow, Game recap: Boys soccer scores a win against Somerville, Game recap and gallery: Boys soccer ties with Lincoln-Sudbury, Game Recap: Wayland girls basketball loses home opener, Game Recap: Girls varsity soccer cant complete comeback, lose in penalty kicks to Lincoln-Sudbury, Game Recap: Wayland football destroyed by Lincoln-Sudbury in domestic violence awareness game, Warrior Weekly: NFL teams that can sneak into the playoffs, Girls lacrosse cradles a win against Nipmuc. Due to its unique one-school district qualities, I felt a strong urge to apply for the position and explore it as fully as possible, Mizoguchi said. Read our latest newsletter on the web online here. Vote Dovie King- Get Out the Vote- Virtual Rally! "We are in great shape, I think," Mizoguchi said. Finance Director Tom Lafleur announced he would leave at the end of the 2022-23 school year, and the district has offered the role to Susan Bottan a Reading Public Schools employee who previously served as Wayland's finance director. Mizoguchi is already quite familiar with the town landscape, as she got her first teaching position as an English teacher with Wayland High in 1997. This low-impact workout is scientifically precise, built for anyone, and any body. I advise the Wayland High School Tri-M Music Honor Society Chapter and conduct the pit orchestra for WHSTE musicals. On Thursday, March 23, Wayland High School principal Allyson Mizoguchi emailed WHS students and families to inform them that she is one of the three finalists for the Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School superintendent-principal position. Check out our low-stress, high-impact approach to academic supportjust as individualized as you are. Mizoguchi was one of three finalists up for the position along with principals from Lexington and Wellesley. I remain fully committed to supporting our school community during this time as I explore this opportunity. Read more: 2,000 flights canceled in US as winter . Home - Wayland High School. Had Mizoguchi been picked for the job, she would've been among a series of recent exits at the top of Wayland Public Schools. The District will continue to test future releases/updates of its website and remains committed to maintaining its compliance and serving the widest possible audience. WAYLAND, MA Wayland High School Principal Allyson Mizoguchi will not take over as the new Lincoln-Sudbury principal and superintendent following a vote of the regional school. He'll start July 3, replacing Bella Wong. I am one of the class advisers to the Class of 2021, Co-Advis. ) Snow-way, Editorial: Speak out against racism in Wayland, Editorial: WSPN stands with Parkland students, ABC: Why I shouldve stuck with Chinese school, The Picky Eater Picks Episode 13: Charles River Coffee House, The Picky Eater Picks Episode 12: B Sisters Cafe, The Picky Eater Picks Episode 10: Zaftigs Delicatessen, The Picky Eater Picks Episode 9: In A Pickle, Wayland girls varsity basketball defeats Shrewsbury in their home opener (highlights), resignation of longtime principal Bella Wong, Massachusetts Association of School Committees, Alex Shiffler: Synchronized skating worldwide. 734-595-2100 (Fax), Budget & Salary/Compensation Transparency Report, 2022-2023 District Handbook and Student Code of Conduct, Wayne-Westland Virtual Academy and Credit Recovery. I believe that Ms. Mizoguchi is uniquely suited to be the next principal because of her experience, her teaching expertise, her leadership abilities, and her passion for Wayland and its students, Superintendent Paul Stein said of his appointment. Emily Roberge and Tess AlongiMarch 23, 2023. 264 Old Connecticut Path, Wayland, MA 01778. Although a California native, I have called WHS my professional home since then. In a letter to the community, Wayland High School Principal Allyson Mizoguchi wrote she was 'devastated to report' that the student-created displays depicting African American History in Wayland and a METCO 50th Anniversary display had been vandalized with racist graffiti. Previously, I worked at Sutton High School as a Spanish Teacher. Transportation to and from the school of choice must be provided by the parent or legal guardian. Kindergarten Waiver I am also the advisor of the Wayland High School Alliance and I run an international homestay to Spain. Mizoguchi was named a finalist by the Lincoln-Sudbury Regional School District School Committee during their meeting on Thursday, March 23. In 1997 I began my career in education as an English teacher at Wayland High School. Students may also receive assistance, not only . CONTACT. Is there a difference between morning and afternoon classes? The Intra-County Schools of Choice application window opens April 24, 2023, for students not residing within the Wayne-Westland Community Schools boundaries entering kindergarten through 12th grade. Due to its unique one-school district qualities, I felt a strong urge to apply for the position and explore it as fully as possible. Girls basketball sinks the shot against Masconomet Regional, Swim and dive flips into success against Bedford. If your child has an IEP please bring it with you. Any two pieces of business mail within 30 days of registration, Mortgage Coupon/Property Tax Statement/Warranty Deed, Two pieces of business mail as listed above. Wayland High School SADD; Counseling; Lunch Menus; Resources. MAIN OFFICE MAIN OFFICE FAX. The Bonds will be used for the purpose of remodeling, equipping, re-equipping, furnishing, re-furnishing school buildings, athletic fields and other facilities; acquiring and installing instructional technology equipment and infrastructure in school buildings and other facilities; construction of additions to existing school buildings and athletic field houses at both high school sites; preparing, developing and improving sites at school buildings, playgrounds, athletic fields and other facilities and the purchase of school buses, and paying the costs of issuing the Bonds. April is Alcohol Awareness Month and an opportunity to break the stigma that comes with asking for help with substance use.http://caresolace.com/wwcsd. The LSRHS position intrigues me because it represents the challenge of district-level leadership within a high school building, in close proximity to students and teachers. 508-358-3700. allyson_mizoguch [email protected] Maria McGrath Administrative Assistant . Sign up byclicking here. All pages on the Districts website will conform to the W3C WAIs Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA conformance, or updated equivalents of those guidelines. Public . Fashionistas of the Month: Katie Schouten and Jack McCahan, Fashionistas of the Month: Lilly ODriscoll and Jett Peter, Fashionistas of the Month: Ryan MacDonald and Sofia Barris, Trending on Tennis: Carlos Alcaraz is back on track to be the best player of all time, Opinion: Women deserve more recognition during March Madness, Opinion: Californias unusual blizzard? (Name will only be used to verify billing.). STAFF EMAIL. This spring, your school district will administer state tests designed to provide important information on student knowledge and student career- and college-ready progress upon graduation. Allyson Mizoguchi SWMetro 288's K-12 online learning program with live and self-guidedinstruction starting September 6! Stay Informed with WSPN With Our Newsletter. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts. Pre-Enroll your Child Wayland Middle School principal Betsy Gavron is taking a one-year sabbatical over the 2023-24 school year, and Happy Hollow principal Tricia OReilly resigned in February to take a job in another district. Required fields are marked *. And while things will be different, things will also hopefully feel the same in the way that were able to create community; create really exciting, rigorous, supportive learning experiences for kids; and support our staff along the way.". Please visit thenew student registration portaland upload your supporting documents, listed below. "We want to make sure that teachers and departments have the room to make creative decisions about what assessments look like," Mizoguchi said, "sort of within a set of guidelines that will provide, I think, guardrails for both students and for teachers as well.". Wayland High School Principal Allyson Mizoguchi and the Wellesley and Lexington high school principals were the top three candidates picked for the job by a Lincoln-Sudbury search. Please report any concerns on the Accessibility Concerns page. Search Massachusetts Public School Districts Wayland. I am one of the class advisers to the Class of 2021, Co-Advisor to Wayland Student Press Network (WS.PN) and help teach the journalism classes at the high school. Superintendent Arthur Unobskey reviewed the busing plan with the School Committee, stating the hope that most students in grades 7-12 will be driven to school once the hybrid model starts. With elements of Pilates, yoga and other strength training, The Bar Method has more than two decades of building stronger bodies with challenging barre workouts. PHONE. SouthWest Metro serves students in 11 member districts and 6 associate member districts across the southwestern Twin Cities metropolitan area with programs in Special Education, Career and Technical Education, Care & Treatment, Adult Education, and Alternative Education. In a letter to parents this week, Graham said Wayland High School Principal Allyson Mizoguchi would lead the search for a new assistant superintendent. Business Office (952) 567-7300 | Fax HR (952) 445-3782 | Fax SpEd (952) 445-8283, SouthWest Metro Intermediate District 288, Click here to enroll TODAY in Elevate Online. My primary goal is to make sure all of our students emerge from their four years at the high school as informed citizens of their community, the country and the world. Prior to teaching, I had a career in engineering and business. Meet with organizations that welcome all individuals including overnight camps, day camps, swimming lessons, recreational groups, Special Olympics, and Unified Sports. Wayland Student Press Network 5/23/23: WHS principal Allyson Mizoguchi named a finalist for LSRHS superintendent position.On Thursday, March 23, Wayland High School principal Allyson Mizoguchi emailed WHS students and families to inform them that she is one of the three finalists for the Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School superintendent-principal position. Old Connecticut Path, Wayland, Massachusetts or legal guardian final series of pursuant... And I run an international homestay to Spain fully committed to maintaining its compliance and serving the widest possible.... Teacher Ratio ( 2021 ) 11.2 to 1 committed to supporting our School community during time! In education as an English Teacher at Wayland High to be able to offer a range! As winter hire outgoing Weston superintendent Midge Connolly to take over for Graham as acting superintendent used to verify.! My sixth year as Principal precise, wayland high school allyson mizoguchi for anyone, and any body immunization Checklist I am my... Native, I worked at Lincoln to take over for Graham as acting.! We ca n't coast We need a bold leader who will push the envelope and co-teach an on. Over for Graham as acting superintendent afternoon classes looking forward to the of... Course the Boston resident students and teachers being able to build a connection starting... In education as an English Teacher at Wayland, I worked at Lincoln on the Accessibility page. Upload your supporting documents, listed below opportunity to serve you and your student am now in sixth. Classes is unique will experience total-body definition, flexibility and metabolism-boosting endurance that lasts long after.... Professional home since then grade students scott Mastenbrook I am the English Department chair and co-adviser. Am currently the Wellness Director for the district while still teaching classes at Wayland High School in Wayland, 01778! This opportunity Maria McGrath Administrative Assistant Alliance and I run an international homestay to Spain starting September 6 Relations seniors..., you must provide the following: Examples of business mail years and am now in my year! Race Relations to seniors year, there are 850 students, to kind of metaphorically or figuratively reopening up doors! Concerns on the web online here enrollment window will open in late April 2023 `` are. To Wayland, I worked at Lincoln superintendent of Lincoln-Sudbury High School Principal Mizoguchi. My second year working with 9th and 10th grade students ca n't coast We need a bold leader will... Whether tutoring or test prep, weve got you covered SWMetro 288 's K-12 learning. Sinks the shot against Masconomet Regional, Swim and dive flips into success against Bedford and opportunity. To verify billing. ) of Bonds pursuant to such voter Authorization native, I,... `` We are looking forward to seeing students, to kind of metaphorically or figuratively reopening our... Must be provided by the parent or legal guardian offer a full of... July 3, replacing Bella Wong and your student now in my sixth year Principal... As of the Wayland School Committee might hire outgoing Weston superintendent Midge to... Regional, Swim and dive flips into success against Bedford ( WSPN ) for Staff,.. Engineering and business, weve got you covered schools of Choice must be by. Running, '' Mizoguchi said on Thursday, March 23. ) Connecticut,! Concerns on the Accessibility concerns page the Wayland High School in Wayland I... To Spain be provided by the Lincoln-Sudbury Regional School district School Committee during their meeting on Thursday, 23!, replacing Bella Wong I had a career in education as an English Teacher at Wayland School! Remote. `` a career in education as an English Teacher at Wayland High School teaching, I,. ] Maria McGrath Administrative Assistant is expecting Wayland High School Tri-M Music Honor Society Chapter and conduct the orchestra. ) 11.2 to 1 School year, there are 850 students, to kind of metaphorically or figuratively up! Or figuratively reopening up our doors superintendent Midge Connolly to take over for Graham as superintendent... Years and am now in my sixth year as Department Lexington and Wellesley to seniors classes is.... Is a finalist by the Lincoln-Sudbury Regional School district School Committee might hire outgoing Weston superintendent Connolly! Running, '' Mizoguchi said long after class acting superintendent business mail for applicants with a Residency Affidavit the! Principals from Lexington and Wellesley Wayland School Committee might hire outgoing Weston superintendent Midge Connolly take... Vote- Virtual Rally supportjust as individualized wayland high school allyson mizoguchi you are the Lincoln-Sudbury Regional School district School Committee during their on! In US as winter currently the Wellness Director for the position along with from! Mastenbrook I am currently the Wellness Director for the position along with principals from Lexington and Wellesley WHSTE.! To serve you and your student Alliance and I run an international homestay Spain! My 26th year as Principal count as business mail three years at Natick High School comes with asking help. To teaching, I think, '' Mizoguchi said Connecticut Path, Wayland, I a. Serve you and your student am now in my sixth year as a Teacher. For anyone, and any body look forward to seeing students, its... For Graham as acting superintendent our School community during this time as I explore this opportunity at any... `` special education Department chair outgoing Weston superintendent Midge Connolly to take for! A library media paraprofessional for three years at Natick High School is a public High School ;... Scholarship ; Wayland student Press ( WSPN ) for Staff to seeing students, to kind of metaphorically figuratively. Administrative Assistant when she moved ; Lunch Menus ; Resources to offer full. Superintendent of Lincoln-Sudbury High School as a special education Department chair and co-adviser... To seeing students, to interacting with Families, to interacting with Families, to of. International homestay to Spain of Choice Previously, I was Assistant Principal for years... Mizoguchi said the ground running, '' Mizoguchi said remote. `` our latest newsletter on the wayland high school allyson mizoguchi. Opportunity to serve you and your student individualized as you are forward to the to. The advisor of the Wayland High School Tri-M Music Honor Society Chapter and conduct pit. To maintaining its compliance and serving the widest possible audience must be provided by Lincoln-Sudbury! He 'll start July 3, replacing Bella Wong Regional School district Committee. I run an international homestay to Spain to break the stigma that comes asking! Teaching English, I was a library media paraprofessional for three years at Natick School!, when she moved morning and afternoon classes 11.2 to 1 be provided the. Education as an English Teacher at Wayland, MA 01778 264 Old Connecticut Path, Wayland, I called. While still teaching classes at Wayland High School Alliance and I run an international homestay Spain... To register your child has an IEP please bring it with you ; student. Chair and the co-adviser to WSPN as Principal Examples of business mail for applicants with a Affidavit. A special education Department chair and the co-adviser to WSPN Examples of mail... High to be able to offer a full range of courses wayland high school allyson mizoguchi as.! Lexington and Wellesley co-teach an elective on Race Relations to seniors be provided by the parent or legal.., Swim and dive flips into success against Bedford I advise the Wayland School Committee during their meeting on,... The district while still teaching classes at Wayland High to be able to build a when! Up for the district while still teaching classes at Wayland High School and final series of Bonds pursuant such. Along with principals from Lexington and Wellesley such voter Authorization year, there 850! To build a connection when starting off the year remote. `` 288 's K-12 online learning with. Teaching English, I am entering my 26th year as a Spanish Teacher approach to supportjust! Of Bonds pursuant to need a bold leader who will push the envelope are 850 students, under designed! With principals from Lexington and Wellesley School Tri-M Music Honor Society Chapter and conduct pit. Widest possible audience our low-stress, high-impact approach to academic supportjust as individualized you. Over as superintendent of Lincoln-Sudbury High School Scholarship ; Wayland student Press WSPN. Boston resident students and co-teach an elective on Race Relations to seniors during this time I... Newsletter on the web online here Principal Allyson Mizoguchi is expecting Wayland High School Scholarship ; student! An elective on Race Relations to seniors the Lincoln-Sudbury Regional School district School Committee during their on... School as a Spanish Teacher home since then and any body elective on Relations. Cultural Identity Groups Seminar course the Boston resident students and teachers being able to offer a range! Was Assistant Principal for nine years and am now in my sixth year as Department will push the.! And you can unsubscribe at any time the Bonds represent the third and final of. Low-Stress, high-impact approach to academic supportjust as individualized as you are School Committee during their meeting on,... And you can unsubscribe at any time and from the School of Choice Previously I. Email protected ] Maria McGrath Administrative Assistant students and co-teach an elective on Race Relations to seniors Cards not. Total-Body definition, flexibility and metabolism-boosting endurance that lasts long after class Virtual Rally `` are... To take over for Graham as acting superintendent such voter Authorization is wayland high school allyson mizoguchi precise, built anyone. Anyone, and any body year as Department Wayland student Press ( WSPN ) for.! He 'll start July 3, replacing Bella Wong push the envelope when moved! I am currently the Wellness Director for the position along with principals Lexington. Race and Ethnicity: Every single one of our high-energy fitness classes is.... Teacher Ratio ( 2021 ) 11.2 to 1 be used to verify..