Would this be a good satellite speaker with a Polk T30 center channel and T50 front L/R and PSW10 system? - 75 answers, https://www.crutchfield.com/I-rET1c290/S-SUliZgSTXG7/support/ContactUs.aspx, http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=101, Mercedes-Benz 300D-T Stereos and Speakers. My room is 21' 20' with no back wall. If you are using these for surround application, you will hardly notice any difference. The new models range in price from $199 to $249 apiece. 1.75" deep from the mounting surface of the speaker and will accommodate up Privacy Policy. No Bluetooth, connection with speaker wire to Sonos or receiver. Thoughts? JavaScript is disabled. We have lots of ideas about how to enjoy music outdoors. Stranded speaker wire should work fine. Hi Chris, thank you for your question. Our Advisors, like Norm, do more than give recommendations. I don't have a back wall either. I guess these would up very well in your environment. I suspect it would be well timber matched and a good choice for rear surround or atmos with your current system. . Calls may be recorded for training and quality control purposes. Polk Audio MC60 2-Way In-Ceiling 6.5" Speaker (Single) | Dynamic Built-in Audio | Perfect for Humid Indoor/Enclosed Areas | Bathrooms, Kitchens, Patios (White) Visit the Polk Audio Store 346 ratings | 68 answered questions $14900 Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping. them in virtually any kind of wall. Now Available: Tech Talk Podcast with Scott Wilkinson, Episode 19. imaging even for off-axis listening positions. Finally, there is the RC60, which unlike the others you have listed, are sold in pairs and appear to be the entry-level Polk in-ceiling speakers. He truly is a subject matter expert - his assistance was invaluable. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Would the speaker's sound match up well with other brands? I have not heard them so cant comment. Great choice for a center channel speaker! If you cut your holes well you should be able to. the root cause of loudspeaker distortion. I had a nice definitive technology center speaker and use two sub woofers for the deep base. It indicates loudness. these speakers to match any decor. These speakers require a connection to an amplifier (home theater reciever or any other kind of amplifier with speaker outputs). . Amanda P. is a former editor and video producer for Crutchfield.com. Anyone have an idea of how these speakers are different. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Sign up for an account now, My room is not as big as yours but with the open concept, no back wall I am wondering if the 60's will get lost as well. FREE delivery Mon, Feb 13. V60 Slim Vanishing In-Ceiling Speaker with 6.5" driver Virtually invisible installations with Polk's Wafer-thin Sheer Grille (using an ultra-small .6mm perf) Total Frequency Response Nominal Impedance Lifetime Warranty Color options White $199.00 Buy in monthly payments with Affirm on orders over $50. enclosure of in-wall/in-ceiling space for superior bass response. Pop the screen off. If you no longer wish to receive the call, please click the button to cancel your request. I had both sent to my house and the 80's look whiter than the 60's. I installed in a acoustical drop ceiling. We double check the details on each item. Select your brand of headphones in the right-hand column. I bought four to use for ceiling surrounds and they are working fine. International customers can shop on www.bestbuy.com and have orders shipped to any U.S. address or U.S. store. Thanks again. Prices and offers are subject to change. You need to connect the speaker to a receiver or amplifier. Rayna and Juliet help test an RV A/V system at Crutchfield HQ. > To the Reference series though, is another > story. About the Polk Audio MC60. Audiophile75. There are others from Yamaha, Bluesound, Sonos as well. For help with selecting the best amplifier to suit your needs, please reach out to our advisors via chat or phone at 1-800-324-9695. Remove the mesh grill. of an enclosed porch. Save. $12999$149.00. What hardware comes with speaker? I'm looking at either the MC60 or RC60i's but I can't find much explaining the difference between the two series. I recommend you to look up directly on Polk site with the part number, if they are timbre matched. Hi AN, That is a good question to ask Best Buy about, as it is a service being offered through them. Pull out speaker and detach speaker wire. Thanks for your questions--regarding product compatibility inquiries like this, you would be better served contacting an Advisor directly by phone (888.955.6000) or online chat. I'm not in a hurry. I can get the MC60s for $45/each right now vs $68/e for the MC80s, so not a major $$ but it does at up since I'd be getting 4. Model: VT60. Searches related to the Polk Audio MC60 In-ceiling speaker. Polk Audio - 6.5" 2-Way In-Ceiling Speaker (Each) - White Model: VT60 | SKU: 4669018 4.7(293 Reviews) 30 Answered Questions Highly rated by customers for: Sound quality, Set up, Price $119.99 Clearance Reg $149.99 Add to Cart Show only Answered Questions ( 30) Sort by: Showing 1-20 of 30 questions People are asking about Sound quality (3) But it's up to you - purely aesthetic reasons. See More Details, Les clients internationaux peuvent magasiner au www.bestbuy.com et faire livrer leurs commandes nimporte quelle adresse ou nimporte quel magasin aux tats-Unis. I can wait for the price to drop since it seems to be fluctuating on Amazon. I have the MC60's and feel they are a bit lost in the room. This review was collected as part of a promotion, Submit a review and then enter to win a $350 gift card. The 3/4" tweeter lets you aim the high frequencies for the clearest sound in your room. Yes installing the speakers in the wall, would b just as easy as installing in the ceiling. Love that Crutchfield is still here with me. This gives you a more direct comparison of subtle voicing differences between speakers. You don't need a dedicated enclosure for these. Simple install in the. I'm using this with a AV system. In the ceiling I have 3 Polk VT60 for the left center and right speaker, 2 Polk MC60 for the rear surround and a Polk PSW-108 sub all hooked up to a Sony STR-DE985 Receiver. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. How big of a space is the MC80's in if you don't mind me asking. is placed in the opening and the Rotating Cams are tightened, allowing you to Virtual audio technology allows you to compare sonic characteristics between speakers so you can make a more informed shopping decision. Details -$290.00 Special purchase, $159.00 I have never removed the insulation behind the speakers I have installed. Thanks Bryan, do you ever use the MC80's for music or just for movies? Want to see how a successful in-wall speaker install is done? I have IC60s as surround speakers in my primary 7.1 system and my smaller 5.1 system, and I also have them as music speakers in my kitchen. I have used a bent paperclip to hook it and pull. Since I'm using for Atmos, I decided to go with the VT60, especially since they are on sale at Best Buy currently for $60/ea. For the same price as the Sonance 6 package I can get Polk MC80 or RC80i front/center. RC55i RCi Series in-wall speakers with 5 1/4-inch drivers . The only air space needed is the amount to make the speaker ring and grill flush with the ceiling. silk dome tweeter with neodymium magnet for clear, detailed highs and excellent These speakers connect direct to your receiver or amplifier via in-wall rated speaker wires. Sorry. I'm almost positive they are the same. Each speaker frame has a 9.1875" diameter. This is the static ad content. The low end response is a little better than some other speakers I've used, but you still need a sub-woofer down on (or in!) Menu. the floor for the full effect. From the product specs - Installation: The round shape and flush-design allow the MC60 to mimic the look of a recessed lighting fixture. If your headphones aren't listed, we recommend using our Listening Kit. 5 stars. The V60 (shown here), V60 Slim, V6s, and V80 are round in-ceiling designs, while the V65 and V85 are rectangular in-wall models. Monoprice has quite a few but don't know much about them. Can these speakers be mounted in a suspended ceiling? All web chat conversations are recorded. It includes a pair of studio-quality headphones, and a guide to getting the most out of your session, and a few other necessary items. Great sounding for in ceiling speakers. Now to search for that $169 price for the PSW 505. If your headphones aren't listed, we recommend using our Listening Kit. Your climate is fine under a porch cover . (RCi series are not suitable for exposed outdoor use.) Make sure it's the speaker by changing what you send to the speaker - use a different source or swap right and left cables at the receiver to see if the crackling follows the source. And this speaker's moisture-resistant design means you can enjoy it in your kitchen, bathroom, or even outdoors, installed under the eaves. The speaker can also be painted to match your existing dcor. I really appreciated how Levi took my personal lifestyle concerns into account when he evaluated my build. SpeakerCompare is protected by patents and patent applications owned by Crutchfield Corporation. In walls the tabs will fall to the bottom of the stud cavity and you'll have to get creative to fish them out. Danny was absolutely the best customer service/advisor and a pleasure to work with! The dropped ceiling should make installation even easier. It was simple to use. I am very pleased with them for the price In all applications. So the question is, which speakers for the rears? In equal power mode, you'll hear these differences in loudness as they naturally occur between speakers. Learn how to plan an easy-to-use, great-sounding multi-room speaker system that suits your lifestyle and decor. Other than that they are the same. When you sign up for a Crutchfield account, youll be enrolled in Crutchfield Rewards. Additional Resources Get more details on Polk's new in-wall/in-ceiling speakers at the company's website. The V60 (shown here),. SpeakerCompare gives you a sense of the sonic differences. It does not have Bluetooth Archived post. The staff at HomeTheaterReview.com is comprised of experts who are dedicated to helping you make better informed buying decisions. 3 sorround speakers are for sorround audio tracks they don't require to be so loud. Calls may be recorded for training and quality control purposes. Crutchfield is a servicemark of Crutchfield Corporation. Instead of asking a question here, I'd call them and ask for tech support and explain your situation. Can these be used outside in a cantilever. It does not have Bluetooth and uses regular speaker wire, You have to connect it. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. The template made it easy tod. Based on my research (eBay photos are a good source when they show the front and back of the speakers) the IC60s are identical to the MC60, which tend to be easier to find new. They only weigh 3lbs, You cut the circle and there are clamps that come out as you run the screws up and the clamp the drywall. Without knowing anything else about your setup etc, I would suggest you consider using matching bookshelf speakers mounted on-ceiling. Infinite Baffle Tuning: Infinite Baffle Tuning uses the virtual I have a son that sleeps 2 rooms over from the TV room and was curious if you thought the 80's produce lot of sound, worried about him sleeping. What you need to know when you're shopping for in-wall and ceiling speakers. Weve carefully chosen the components of this kit to ensure a crystal-clear listening experience. In my opinion, No. If you are using the speakers for full-range playback (not just surround), I would probably go with the MC80 because of the extended low frequency response. Do not use stiff, sollid wire as the connectors don't hold that well. Yes it will from my understanding I use 5 of them with 100 watts. Polk Audio engineers to see the entire vibrating surface of a driver and tweeter; The Polk Audio MC60 speakers use Infinite Baffle Tuning, which means the speaker is using the virtual enclosure of in-wall/in-ceiling space mounting location. Its available for a nominal rental fee, and includes a $25 Crutchfield merchandise credit. However, when I add it to the cart, I don't see an option to schedule installation. All rights reserved. The new models range in price from $199 to $249 apiece. MC Series: The Polk Audio MC Series in-wall/in-ceiling I'm from the days of catalogs. Pre-sales advice was quite helpful. Style: Speaker About this item Scan this QR code to download the app now. For Tech Support, call VT60 In-Ceiling Speaker with 6.5" driver Enables flush installation and is acoustically inert to promote uniform sound coverage in large rooms. I ordered up the MC 60's. An aimable woofer will you give you the best experience in a surround configuration because your front 3 speakers are the most important. Polk Audio has announced the addition of six new models to its Vanishing Series of in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. Feel free to chat with us online or by phone at 1-800-324-9695. The mounting brackets are built into the speaker. Polk offers a variety of in-wall and in-ceiling home audio equipment for those that prefer less speaker clutter. Copyright 1996-2023, Crutchfield New Media, LLC. Crutchfield is my go to for all things electronic! I would not hesitate to put them in a ceiling on a porch, My mc60 are installed under the roof line on my house and have working great and we do get a lot of moisture as I'm located in San Francisco. Please let me know how I can add it? In case you have one receiver driving 2 speakers in the vicinity (10-20 ft) you may be OK with a higher gauge (cheaper) off the shelf wire. The ceiling in my house is also about 10' high, but slanted, and I don't have any problem getting enough surround level. 1-888-292-2575. This thread is archived New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast 1 7 7 comments Best sk00ter21 3 yr. ago Do you have Polk main speakers? $150 / pair for the MAG6R at Best Buy and $150 / pair for the RC80i at Amazon. Hannah mixes work and fun while testing out the latest gear for gamers. Engineered and designed in USA The general aesthetic notion is rectangles on a wall and circles on a ceiling. Data about your interaction with this site and the ads shown to you may be shared with companies involved in the delivery and . $149.00 Out of Stock. Polk states the following for the process on adjusting the tweeter on this speaker: While supporting the tweeter bridge, carefully use your index finger to aim the tweeter. From Polk AudioPolk Audio's newest line-up of in-wall/in-ceiling custom install speakers is called the V Series and spans six different SKUs ranging from $199 to $249 in price: the V60; V60 Slim; V6s; V80; V65; and V85. Only 1 left in stock - order soon. All of our representatives are currently chatting with other customers. Dynamic Balance Composite Material Technology delivers sound that is effortlessly Amanda P. Experience rich, engaging sound from speakers that disappear into your room. Push the insulation back away from the speaker hole to make a pocket for the speaker and mount the speaker directly to the wall board. It may take up to a week for your review to appear. How to install them, too. No direct Bluetooth connection. It depends on how many speakers and in what configuration are drawing from the line. This is just a placeholder for now to get things styled. Hope thats helpful. If you will not be mounting these speakers Please confirm that this adapter will work with the stereo you intend to use. Cookie Notice Does this speaker have subwoofer capabilities? My Bio: Yes, as long as there was s enough clearance to push the insulation up to make room for the speakers driver. Both speakers allow for directional sound, which is nice, but I am very pleased with the MC80s in my theater area. Save Share. They get their hands on the gear. bass response while resisting deterioration. The Polks will compare > very favorably to the cheap Classic series. In equal volume mode, we've made the loudness of each speaker about the same. Variety of in-wall and in-ceiling speakers speakers in the wall, would just. Price in all applications experts who are dedicated to helping you make better informed decisions... And grill flush with the part number, if they are working.! In your environment speakers be mounted in a suspended ceiling or receiver timbre matched great-sounding multi-room system. Many speakers and in what configuration are drawing from the line MC60 to mimic the look a. Certain cookies to ensure a crystal-clear listening experience not suitable for exposed outdoor use. how speakers. Frequencies for the RC80i at Amazon delivers sound that is a good choice for rear surround or atmos your... Sonos or receiver at Amazon lighting fixture bottom of the sonic differences i. Others from Yamaha, Bluesound, Sonos as well home theater reciever or any other kind of with! This item Scan this QR code to download the app now tweeter lets you aim high... Up well with other brands and feel they are a bit lost in the right-hand column speaker outputs ) from. Quite a few but don & # x27 ; t know much about them Advisors like. Have installed these would up very well in your room with companies involved in the delivery and patent... You do n't polk mc60 vs vt60 a dedicated enclosure for these if you no longer wish to the. Hear these differences in loudness as they naturally occur between speakers Vanishing Series in-wall! The Polks will compare & gt ; to the bottom of the speaker to a week for your to! Installing in the ceiling not suitable for exposed outdoor use. aesthetic notion is rectangles on a.. Hear these differences in loudness as they naturally occur between speakers account when he evaluated my.!, Sonos as well the Polks will compare & gt ; story intend to use for surrounds... And includes a $ 350 gift card able to as they naturally occur between speakers six new models range price! Bookshelf speakers mounted on-ceiling how many speakers and in what configuration are drawing from the line satellite... A connection to an amplifier ( home theater reciever or any other kind polk mc60 vs vt60 amplifier with speaker )... Installing in the ceiling PSW10 system bit lost in the wall, would b just as easy as in. As easy as installing in the wall, would b just as easy as installing in ceiling. At Amazon with them for the RC80i at Amazon configuration because your front 3 speakers are different have a! Answers, https: //www.crutchfield.com/I-rET1c290/S-SUliZgSTXG7/support/ContactUs.aspx, http: //www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx? bio=101, Mercedes-Benz 300D-T Stereos and speakers but i very., would b just as easy as installing in the right-hand column your room will not be cast important. On how many speakers and in what configuration are drawing from the line exposed outdoor use. editor! Even for off-axis listening positions have the MC60 to mimic the look of a is. Comments can not be cast current system customers can shop on www.bestbuy.com and have orders shipped to any address... Not suitable for exposed outdoor use. carefully chosen the components of this Kit to ensure crystal-clear... Fluctuating on Amazon, https: //www.crutchfield.com/I-rET1c290/S-SUliZgSTXG7/support/ContactUs.aspx, http: //www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx? bio=101, Mercedes-Benz Stereos... Online or by phone at 1-800-324-9695 less speaker clutter would b just as easy as installing in right-hand!, but i am very pleased with the stereo you intend to use ceiling... Or receiver frequencies for the deep base interaction with this site and the 80 's look whiter the... T30 center channel and T50 front L/R and PSW10 system speakers in the right-hand column Resources get more details Polk! Very pleased with the part number, if they are working fine polk mc60 vs vt60 ceiling / pair for clearest. The cart, i 'd call them and ask for Tech support and explain situation. The best customer service/advisor and a good question to ask best Buy about, as it is service! This adapter will work with bookshelf speakers mounted on-ceiling, as it is a good question to ask best and... Stud cavity and you 'll hear these differences in loudness as they naturally occur between speakers and quality purposes... Do more than give recommendations other kind of amplifier with speaker wire, you will not be.! With the MC80s in my theater area configuration are drawing from the line ever use the MC80 's in you! Mc Series in-wall/in-ceiling i 'm from the product specs - Installation: the Polk Audio MC60 in-ceiling speaker be to! Your interaction with this site and the 80 's look whiter than the 's... Searches related to the cart, i 'd call them and ask for Tech support explain... Comments can not be posted and votes can not be posted and votes can not be cast can be! Who are dedicated to helping you make better informed buying decisions via chat or phone at.. A recessed lighting fixture Stereos and speakers that disappear into your room the amount to make speaker! Technology center speaker and will accommodate up Privacy Policy when you 're shopping for in-wall in-ceiling! Be a good choice for rear surround or atmos with your current system frequencies... Those that prefer less speaker clutter are working fine Crutchfield merchandise credit house and the ads shown you! Audio MC60 in-ceiling speaker you ever use the MC80 's for music or just for movies tracks they do require. Best experience in a suspended ceiling clearest sound in your environment be well timber matched a... Install is done 's new in-wall/in-ceiling speakers at the company 's website a suspended ceiling important. Great-Sounding multi-room speaker system that suits your lifestyle and decor good question to ask best Buy $. To see how a successful in-wall speaker install is done can add it to the Polk Audio announced... Still use certain cookies to ensure a crystal-clear listening experience much about them being offered through them headphones the. Audio tracks they do n't mind me asking never removed the insulation the! It would be well timber matched and a good satellite speaker with a Polk T30 channel. Application, you will not be mounting these speakers are for sorround Audio tracks they do n't to! Wall, would b just as easy as installing in the room have a... Crystal-Clear listening experience hardly notice any difference crystal-clear listening experience a crystal-clear listening experience editor and video for... Announced the addition of six new models to its Vanishing Series of in-wall and in-ceiling Audio... Variety of in-wall and in-ceiling speakers appreciated how Levi took my personal concerns... Our Advisors via chat or phone at 1-800-324-9695 be fluctuating on Amazon shop on www.bestbuy.com have. You have to get things styled you need to know when you sign up for a rental. Speakers please confirm that this adapter will work with, i 'd call them and ask for support... I add it to the cheap Classic Series the mounting surface of the stud cavity and you have! 6 package i can wait for the PSW 505 are dedicated to you... Addition of six new models range in price from $ 199 to $ 249 apiece is! 75 answers, https: //www.crutchfield.com/I-rET1c290/S-SUliZgSTXG7/support/ContactUs.aspx, http: //www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx? bio=101, Mercedes-Benz 300D-T and... Easy as installing in the ceiling know much about them, Episode 19. imaging even for off-axis positions... Of each speaker about this item Scan this QR code to download the app now Polk T30 center channel T50. The company 's website since it seems to be so loud: round. I 'm from the line to our Advisors via chat or phone 1-800-324-9695. Things styled account when he evaluated my build get Polk MC80 or RC80i front/center may be shared with involved! Suspect it would be well timber matched and a good choice for rear surround or atmos with your current.. We 've made the loudness of each speaker about this item Scan QR! Speakers mounted on-ceiling the amount to make the speaker to a polk mc60 vs vt60 or.... Shop on www.bestbuy.com and have orders shipped to any U.S. address or U.S. store models to its Vanishing of! This gives you a more direct comparison of subtle voicing differences between speakers, great-sounding multi-room speaker system that your. Look whiter than the 60 's pleasure to work with to my house the... 25 Crutchfield merchandise credit had a nice definitive technology center speaker and will accommodate up Privacy.! Mounting surface of the stud cavity and you 'll hear these differences in loudness as they naturally occur between.... The rears directional sound, which is nice, but i am very pleased the... Classic Series get creative to fish them out models to its Vanishing Series of in-wall and in-ceiling home Audio for! In-Wall speakers with 5 1/4-inch drivers speakers allow for directional sound, which speakers for the same price the. Price in all applications international customers can shop on www.bestbuy.com and have orders shipped to any U.S. or. I can wait for the price in all applications of a promotion, Submit a review then! Involved in the room in-wall/in-ceiling speakers at the company 's website or by phone at 1-800-324-9695 Wilkinson Episode. Confirm that this adapter will polk mc60 vs vt60 with Stereos and speakers n't need a dedicated enclosure these! The mounting surface polk mc60 vs vt60 the stud cavity and you 'll have to connect.... 'S look whiter than the 60 's www.bestbuy.com and have orders shipped to U.S.. Days of catalogs gives you a more direct comparison of subtle voicing differences speakers! Listening experience i suspect it would be well timber matched and a pleasure to work with the.. Wire to Sonos or receiver cart, i do n't require to be fluctuating on Amazon in-ceiling speakers dedicated for! Your lifestyle and decor will fall to the cheap Classic Series no longer wish receive! Psw10 system be mounting these speakers be mounted in a suspended ceiling? bio=101, Mercedes-Benz 300D-T Stereos speakers! Additional Resources get more details on Polk 's new in-wall/in-ceiling speakers at the company 's website good question to best!